PDA

View Full Version : Hosley has TURF TOE

SuperNYGiants
08-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Just heard it on WFAN, so nothing serious, probably won't see him play until the regular season.

Cool Papa B.
08-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Whew!...now I can sleep peacefully......just kidding :)

ELI_Iz_God
08-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Whew!...now I can sleep peacefully......just kidding :)

I will sleep peacefully...not kidding XD

dave56dj
08-20-2012, 03:26 AM
While the diagnosis is a good one - turf toe is nothing to sneeze at - in fact it has kept several players out of games. This kid appears to be a our new nickel and punt returner, and that has a major impact on the D. It allows Rolle to play his natural spot and sures up the depth at cb. My guess is he misses the bears preseason game and maybe even week 4 which makes you wonder if he will have enough reps to be the nickel come week 1. I hope so cause i think he will have a great effect on the d and specials.

Marvelousmik
08-20-2012, 04:02 AM
While the diagnosis is a good one - turf toe is nothing to sneeze at - in fact it has kept several players out of games. This kid appears to be a our new nickel and punt returner, and that has a major impact on the D. It allows Rolle to play his natural spot and sures up the depth at cb. My guess is he misses the bears preseason game and maybe even week 4 which makes you wonder if he will have enough reps to be the nickel come week 1. I hope so cause i think he will have a great effect on the d and specials.

took the words right out of my mouth

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Just heard it on WFAN, so nothing serious, probably won't see him play until the regular season.

Turf toe can definatley be serious

giantyankee1976
08-20-2012, 06:17 AM
I knew someone who had turf toe. Yes I'm glad Hosley didn't do major damage but Turf toe is a nagging, random, chronic thing.

it flares up at the damnedest times.

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 06:44 AM
I knew someone who had turf toe. Yes I'm glad Hosley didn't do major damage but Turf toe is a nagging, random, chronic thing.

it flares up at the damnedest times.

^THIS, hopefully the rookie is a quick healer

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Turf toe may not sound as bad but it can be. I thinks it's also one of those injuries that can linger for quite a while depending on how bad it is. Hopefully it's minor.

giantsfan420
08-20-2012, 08:03 AM
did u guys notice how the giants are saying they are treating Hosely LIKE he has turf toe? i dont even think he has turf toe, just a non serious little issue that they will treat as if its turf toe. i remember the night he got hurt, the panic was spreading. And i didnt know why and said as much. Bc 1-hosely said he didnt know how or when he hurt it and 2- it wasnt his knee...those two things led me to believe this is nothing serious at all...the walking boot was to keep the foot ligaments and tendons stable...i bet he's back by the last preseason game...him not being seriously hurt is awesome news. imo, he locked up the nickel spot vs the jests

tonyt830
08-20-2012, 08:33 AM
I hate to see the kid miss the preseason reps, but the main thing is that he heals up and is ready for the regular season.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 08:40 AM
I hate to see the kid miss the preseason reps, but the main thing is that he heals up and is ready for the regular season.

where is the link? I have seen a lot of speculation on here but no facts......Turf toe is not a great thing ...it can be a long lingering problem,because it is easily aggrivated

tonyt830
08-20-2012, 08:46 AM
where is the link? I have seen a lot of speculation on here but no facts......Turf toe is not a great thing ...it can be a long lingering problem,because it is easily aggrivatedwhy are you asking me where the link is? The OP mentioned that he heard it on WFAN radio.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 08:49 AM
why are you asking me where the link is? The OP mentioned that he heard it on WFAN radio.

My apologies...I opened this thread and I didn't realize there were 2 pages...never saw first page....thought you were op....MY BAD

tonyt830
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
My apologies...I opened this thread and I didn't realize there were 2 pages...never saw first page....thought you were op....MY BADno problem man. I was just looking through some links/stories from Mike G and Ralph V. I have not seen where there is a timetable set for how soon he will be back or how much time he could miss.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_rookie_jayron_hosley_co.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/after_playing_the_hero_hosley_comes_GgoFHkwIDL3Qgj dLvL31FO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Giants

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-coach-tom-coughlin-rookie-cornerback-jayron-hosley-injurys-simiar-turf-toe-hope-time-article-1.1139879?localLinksEnabled=false

GameTime
08-20-2012, 09:02 AM
a few weeks and he should be good to go. May miss the first game with that time frame.....

fansince69
08-20-2012, 09:07 AM
no problem man. I was just looking through some links/stories from Mike G and Ralph V. I have not seen where there is a timetable set for how soon he will be back or how much time he could miss.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_rookie_jayron_hosley_co.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/after_playing_the_hero_hosley_comes_GgoFHkwIDL3Qgj dLvL31FO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Giants

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-coach-tom-coughlin-rookie-cornerback-jayron-hosley-injurys-simiar-turf-toe-hope-time-article-1.1139879?localLinksEnabled=false

Turf toe is an odd injury...it can seem very minor in the beginning...but the slightest thing can keep re-aggravating it....I have seen players out for very long periods over minor turf toe........I am hoping he heals quickly

tmcgr001
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Looking forward to seeing him on the field. Saw him play @VaTech and he played the same way. Another JR steal!

titwio
08-20-2012, 04:41 PM
did u guys notice how the giants are saying they are treating Hosely LIKE he has turf toe? i dont even think he has turf toe, just a non serious little issue that they will treat as if its turf toe. i remember the night he got hurt, the panic was spreading. And i didnt know why and said as much. Bc 1-hosely said he didnt know how or when he hurt it and 2- it wasnt his knee...those two things led me to believe this is nothing serious at all...the walking boot was to keep the foot ligaments and tendons stable...i bet he's back by the last preseason game...him not being seriously hurt is awesome news. imo, he locked up the nickel spot vs the jests

This would be the best case scenario...and I hope your right.

BillTheGreek
08-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Man can he RUN ! Was his Speed clocked ? I'm going to call him " Mercury of the Decade" ! ....... I hope he gets better soon, the Giants need him.....Any way ,Lucky for the Gmen ,he has a few weeks of Rest and Rehab. GOOD LUCK TO HIM, I would like to see him in the Dallas game!

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 02:00 AM
he's our nickel back...he has the talent to help in run support, and to cover man/man or zone ASAP...i thought his whole walking boot incident was way overblown here. he'll be making an impact sooner than later.

miked1958
08-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Whew!...now I can sleep peacefully......just kidding :)Really upsetting that he hurt it on that strut in the endzone. You could see the left foot and toe get jammed into turf as he started the un necessary high step on last few strides

miked1958
08-21-2012, 03:29 AM
I think he knows exactly when he did it but was just to embarrassed to admit it

BParcells777
08-21-2012, 10:12 AM
all conjecture at this point......turf toe will re-occur if you push the return period

fansince69
08-21-2012, 10:14 AM
all conjecture at this point......turf toe will re-occur if you push the return period

I agree and tried to say the same thing earlier in this thread.........it re-occurs very easily

GMan-67
08-21-2012, 12:55 PM
yeah this was a bummer .... the rook opens his Giants account with a great pick-6 and within 24 hours i see a ticker saying he has turf toe

Robz
08-21-2012, 01:44 PM
calm down, the kid is young he will heal quick and be ready for the season cuz we're gonna need him against teams that are explosive like packers, eagles, and saints to cover