PDA

View Full Version : What a disgrace (Eli related)

trenken311
12-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Take a look at the results from todays ESPN SN poll. The disgraceful part is most from NJ/NY picked Rodgers. Yes, he is awesome, but Im just convinced Eli will never get the respect he deserves. Doesnt matter what he does, even though he's been money in the 4th qtr this season.

I seriously think he needs 2 more SB rings, some more probowl appearances and a league MVP before he starts to get nationwide respect.

Which quarterback would you want for a 4th-quarter comeback?
Tom Brady 25%
Drew Brees 7%
Eli Manning 8%
Aaron Rodgers 41%
Tim Tebow 20%

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Take a look at the results from todays ESPN SN poll. The disgraceful part is most from NJ/NY picked Rodgers. Yes, he is awesome, but Im just convinced Eli will never get the respect he deserves. Doesnt matter what he does, even though he's been money in the 4th qtr this season.

I seriously think he needs 2 more SB rings, some more probowl appearances and a league MVP aware before he starts to get nationwide respect.

Tom Brady 25%
Drew Brees 7%
Eli Manning 8%
Aaron Rodgers 41%
Tim Tebow 20%

Who cares and **** THEM!

bleedinblue27
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
WHY.....is tebow on that list?? this whole tebow thing is making me sick!!
#1 ELI BABY!! I BELIEVE IN ELI!!

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:34 PM

I seriously think he needs 2 more SB rings, some more probowl appearances and a league MVP aware before he starts to get nationwide respect.

Tom Brady 25%
Drew Brees 7%
Eli Manning 8%
Aaron Rodgers 41%
Tim Tebow 20%

Who cares and **** THEM!

http://www.girlordog.org/wp-content/shocked.gif

trenken311
12-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Well in defense of Tebow, the dude is just incredible at the end of games. He threw for over 200 yards in the 2nd half yesterday. Peyton Manning would be real happy with a 200 yard half.

People keep talking like he can't throw, he CAN, he just doesnt do it for 4 quarters, but the ability is in fact there, and he is completing the passes when he NEEDS to every week.

All he does is help them win games. He's not the only reason they win, but he is the only guy on the entire team touching that ball on every single play, and they are winning, a lot, so give the man some respect, he's kind of earned it.

I'm just talking about Eli here not getting support in his own territory.

GiantWarfare
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Take a look at the results from todays ESPN SN poll. The disgraceful part is most from NJ/NY picked Rodgers.

Blame the Jets fans

BlueJayC
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Better yet was the ESPN article from last week praising Brees, Rodgers and Brady for being on pace to break Marino's yardage mark........you think they'd mention Eli too seeing as he was afew yards behind........nope......but funny enough he now ison pace to surpass that mark as well......will they note it......nope......because they blow......

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 01:06 PM

I seriously think he needs 2 more SB rings, some more probowl appearances and a league MVP before he starts to get nationwide respect.

Tom Brady 25%
Drew Brees 7%
Eli Manning 8%
Aaron Rodgers 41%
Tim Tebow 20%

I guess the fact that he has tied the record for most 4 qrt TD's does count. Only Peyton and Unitas have managed that other than Eli and I am sure when all is said and done this season, he will break the record. But that's OK. We know what we have in Eli and I am fine with that. Some players will never get the respect they deserve.

NYCDBS
12-12-2011, 01:22 PM
In all honesty I hope he doesn't break the record. I hope he doesn't have to. I hope we roll the Redskins stomp the Jets and send the Cowboys back to Dallas broken and searching for answers. Lets have the other parts of this team step up and stop putting it all on him in the 4th quarter.

FUUFNF
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Tim Tebow?... LOL... 'Nuff said about that poll.

MikeIsaGiant
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
The fact that Tebow is 12% more than Eli makes me laugh and want to go crazy

brad
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
With all due respect to Eli and his impressive play in the 4th quarter, I would have voted for Rodgers as well. The big difference is that Rodgers is rarely playing from behind, meaning he doesn't have to throw TD's at the end of the game to win very often. Eli is good, one of the best 4th quarter QB's ever, but Rodgers is one of the best ever the entire game.

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Have you watched ESPN in the last few weeks? It's the Tebow network. If Jesus Christ came down from the heavens it wouldn't get the attention ESPN is giving to Teblow.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 02:38 PM

Many of the talking heads just seem to have an aversion to saying anything positive about Eli. It's pretty remarkable but what matters is how he plays, not what they think of him.

JMGGIANTS
12-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Have you watched ESPN in the last few weeks?* It's the Tebow network.* If Jesus Christ came down from the heavens it wouldn't get the attention ESPN is giving to Teblow.

That is why I don't watch ESPN. I watch the NFL Network, NHL Network and MLB Network for my sports reporting now.

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
You all have to settle down, no one has said Tebow is better than Eli.</P>

Tebow has done something that no one thought he could making some of the most exciting finishes in football in quite some time.</P>

Give the kid credit, he is winning.</P>

Now here's a thought, put the Bronco Defense with Eli, that would be impressive, Fewell and the D will ruin all good Eli is doing, because in the end, winning is all that matters.</P>

</P>

sharick88
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM

I seriously think he needs 2 more SB rings, some more probowl appearances and a league MVP* before he starts to get nationwide respect.

Tom Brady 25%
Drew Brees 7%
Eli Manning 8%
Aaron Rodgers 41%
Tim Tebow 20%

Why care? It's BSPN.

ryan12
12-12-2011, 04:05 PM
eli has been the best 4th quaterback since 07. 4th quater eli...... gotta love it

lawl
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Better yet was the ESPN article from last week praising Brees, Rodgers and Brady for being on pace to break Marino's yardage mark........you think they'd mention Eli too seeing as he was afew yards behind........nope......but funny enough he now ison pace to surpass that mark as well......will they note it......nope......because they blow......</P>

they actually have all 4 guys names scrolling on the bottom of the screen on espn every now and then showing that they're all on pace for over 5k</P>

britishblue2
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM

Tom Brady 25%
Drew Brees 7%
Eli Manning 8%
Aaron Rodgers 41%
Tim Tebow 20%

Who cares and **** THEM!
BOOM !!! this is where its at !!

jax5338
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
id say 70% of LI is jets fans who hate the giants, jersey has a ton of philly fans, and the rest of NY has giants, jets, and bills fans.

idk if the giants are even the most popular team in NY in terms of fan base. plus, rodgers is pretty awesome even though he rarely has to break a sweat in the 4th quarter.

BigBlue wins
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I really dont care. In the spirit of Eli Manning, let's ignore stats and look at the important picture, winning games. Eli Manning does just that.