PDA

View Full Version : Im callin it! Ware and Barden won't make final 53

GiantsDynasty
08-20-2012, 08:58 AM
There are too many younger players with more upside at their respective positions. Time to skim the fat and make some cap room. I am personally tired of these underachieving wastes of roster spots. No more Ron Dayne, Tim carter or Sinorice Moss like trash that warms the bench for 5 years. Their spots should be given to Jersey Joe Martinek and David Douglas. Both are hungry and outshining them already.

nhpgiantsfan
08-20-2012, 09:02 AM
There is absolutely NO shot that DJ Ware gets cut. He will be the number 2 back and you will see him alot. There is no way they go into the season with Wilson, Brown, and Scott as the only back ups to Bradshaw. Unfortunately, he is the only experienced insurance to AB right now.

Barden on the other hand. Peace out!

RagTime Blue
08-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Although I don't think he'll get a ton of action, DJ Ware seems to be good enough to make the team in a "Danny Clark" kind of way. That is, although he won't win the game for you with brilliant plays, he also won't lose the game with a mental error. It seems that TC loves that in a player more than the un-demonstrated potential to break the game open.

tonyt830
08-20-2012, 09:30 AM
There are too many younger players with more upside at their respective positions. Time to skim the fat and make some cap room. I am personally tired of these underachieving wastes of roster spots. No more Ron Dayne, Tim carter or Sinorice Moss like trash that warms the bench for 5 years. Their spots should be given to Jersey Joe Martinek and David Douglas. Both are hungry and outshining them already.I will agree with half of your statement---I think Barden is more likely to not make the final 53. We are deeper at WR and a player like Douglas, Stanback(who can play ST), Collins or DePalma have a brighter upside.

Ware on the other hand, most likely will make the final 53. Not that I am a huge fan of Ware, but he is a vet that knows the system. With Scott(ball security and blitz pick-up), and Wilson(blitz pick-up), we will be seeing Ware for another season in Giants blue.

Jahh
08-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, pretty much what everyone is saying. Ware has a steady, consistent game even if it is underwhelming. Coughlin rather operate with that than the alternative right now. Ware is definitely maybe the least talented though.

SweetZombieJesus
08-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately, until Wilson steps up I think Ware stays. If we're lucky he'll see more time in the 2nd half of the season, ala Bradshaw in 2007.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I will agree with half of your statement---I think Barden is more likely to not make the final 53. We are deeper at WR and a player like Douglas, Stanback(who can play ST), Collins or DePalma have a brighter upside.

Ware on the other hand, most likely will make the final 53. Not that I am a huge fan of Ware, but he is a vet that knows the system. With Scott(ball security and blitz pick-up), and Wilson(blitz pick-up), we will be seeing Ware for another season in Giants blue.

This is most likely scenario....and makes most logical sense....although in cases like these I trust our coaches and front office far more than anyof us wannabe arm chair QBS

GameTime
08-20-2012, 09:46 AM
..Ware stays.
Barden is gone....

Moke
08-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I think Ware is definitely going to stay, unfortunately for me. I want to see Brown. Anyone think we go 4 RBs in?

tonyt830
08-20-2012, 09:55 AM
This is most likely scenario....and makes most logical sense....although in cases like these I trust our coaches and front office far more than anyof us wannabe arm chair QBSagreed! Thats why these coaches get paid the big bucks--LOL!!

njsean
08-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Barden is staying. He most likely won't get extended, but he won't be cut over anyone playing pretty well against 3rd stringers.

tonyt830
08-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I think Ware is definitely going to stay, unfortunately for me. I want to see Brown. Anyone think we go 4 RBs in?Well Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson definitely make it. I believe we carried 4 last season--Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware and Scott--plus Hynoski at FB.

Toadofsteel
08-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Well Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson definitely make it. I believe we carried 4 last season--Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware and Scott--plus Hynoski at FB.

That sounds about right. 4th one, if I had to guess, would either be Brown or Martinek. Most likely will be Brown, as Martinek can go on the PS and we already have our FB...

Moke
08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Well Bradshaw, Ware and Wilson definitely make it. I believe we carried 4 last season--Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware and Scott--plus Hynoski at FB.

I'd still like to see Andre Brown get more chances and possibly a shot of making the team. I think he has a good shot at making that lineup over D.J. Ware

ryan12
08-20-2012, 10:24 AM
..Ware stays.
Barden is gone.....

i hope this is opposite

Redeyejedi
08-20-2012, 10:51 AM
No way Ware is getting cut.He has stuck with more experienced and better backs on the roster,He is a lock. If Nicks was completely healthy i think Barden would without a doubt be cut.As it is now im on the fence. I dont think he has ever earned a roster spot and this year is no different. Right now U have
Nicks
Cruz
Hixon
Randle
Jernigan

Those 5 I see no way they are gone. That leaves 1 or 2 spots depending on the Special teams situation.With that list I dont see guys who are covering kicks so Id rather take Steinbach but we shall see.

ANON837
08-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Until Coughlin feels safe that the other guys behind Bradshaw won't get Eli killed in pass protection, Ware isn't going anywhere. He won't be All-Pro in his career but he is very versatile and you don't hold your breath everytime he touches the ball. He'll be there Week 1.

rxc999
08-20-2012, 11:07 AM
No way Ware gets cut...he will be here at least this year..until wilson gets some experience and gets good at pass block..on the other had Barden is on life support...will be yanked on aug 28th...1st day of cuts!!!

BigBlue1971
08-20-2012, 11:17 AM
There are too many younger players with more upside at their respective positions. Time to skim the fat and make some cap room. I am personally tired of these underachieving wastes of roster spots. No more Ron Dayne, Tim carter or Sinorice Moss like trash that warms the bench for 5 years. Their spots should be given to Jersey Joe Martinek and David Douglas. Both are hungry and outshining them already.

Ware wont be cut imo! other than Bradshaw hes the only experienced back on the roster so i think he'll be here as the #2 or 3.

different story concerning Barden. he had chances Saturday nite but didnt take advantage of them. if JJ, Stanback and/or Douglas show any improvement over the next two weeks Barden could very well be on the street.

GameTime
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM

i hope this is opposite
why??
Ware at least provides something. Also he knows the schemes and protections. Barden lends almost nothing AND he doesnt play special team s at all.
Ware is an average RB but Barden at this point in time is STILL a project.

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Barden I think will be gone, Ware sadly will last one more year here

Jiffy Jeff
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah.........Eli is comfortable with Ware's pass protection and catching out of the backfield.

Hakeeeem88
08-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I donít think either will be cut. I think Barden will get one more season to show what he can do. With that kind of size they need to use him more in green zone.

YATittle1962
08-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Barden cannot be bounced out of here fast enough in my opinion

from training camp immediately following the '09 draft I have been on here saying that this kid has nice attributes but is just not an NFL receiver

Jernigan, Randle, and Douglas have already shown more ability than he has ever shown

show him the door for his own good