PDA

View Full Version : I actually agree with Skip Bayless RE: Tub Incident

njsean
08-20-2012, 10:58 AM
With a guy who typically has an axe to grind and makes irrational remarks regarding the Giants, I expected him to use this as a chance to grand stand.

But I have to say, he was pretty measured in his remarks that it was uncomfortable to watch and that Weatherford and JPP should be fined.

And I agree. I know hazing is an institution, but there's a line that was crossed here that just makes me feel sorry for these people and those that defend the act or thought it was appropriate. It reminded that as much as I may appreciate their athletic talents, my admiration and passion is for the blue laundry and not the individuals who don it. It also makes me realize that I can never envy these people, and actually, genuinely find myself feeling embarrassed for these millionaires who have the limited mental capacity to believe acts like that make a person "hard" or worthy of respect.

gumby74
08-20-2012, 10:59 AM
With a guy who typically has an axe to grind and makes irrational remarks regarding the Giants, I expected him to use this as a chance to grand stand.

But I have to say, he was pretty measured in his remarks that it was uncomfortable to watch and that Weatherford and JPP should be fined.

And I agree. I know hazing is an institution, but there's a line that was crossed here that just makes me feel sorry for these people and those that defend the act or thought it was appropriate. It reminded that as much as I may appreciate their athletic talents, my admiration and passion is for the blue laundry and not the individuals who don it. It also makes me realize that I can never envy these people, and actually, genuinely find myself feeling embarrassed for these millionaires who have the limited mental capacity to believe acts like that make a person "hard" or worthy of respect.

What goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room. Heck, it's like joining a fraternity. You KNOW you're going to get hazed.

TheAnalyst
08-20-2012, 11:01 AM
I never thought anything could be more overblown then Tim Tebow playing football, but this is getting close and is 100% completely ridiculous.

RoanokeFan
08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
I never thought anything could be more overblown then Tim Tebow playing football, but this is getting close and is 100% completely ridiculous.

AMEN to that. Is this all we can discuss now?

Moke
08-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Holy lord, we're actually agreeing.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. Players having fun, relax.

giantsfan420
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
isnt jpp like 22, prince 21? lets stop pretending these guys work part time in the white house. they are football players. and hazing is a part of sports...i think JPP may be getting a big head tho bc how is he one of the ppl doing the hazing?
its all good tho I know JPP loves and is grateful to the Giants...and i def dont think its to the point where prince has hostile feelings towards jpp. im sure they are boys, i know from experience when i was a junior and senior that u dont really haze the kids that ur not chill with, otherwise u can get told on...lame how sports media literally makes this a story

Eliscruzzz
08-20-2012, 11:07 AM
It happens all the time Jpp is here to stay and I'm glad I kinda like it maybe it might fire up Prince more they get over it Coughlin will make them

GmenFan1980
08-20-2012, 11:09 AM

+1 (and other words to reach the 10 character limit)

fansince69
What goes on in the locker room stays in the locker room. Heck, it's like joining a fraternity. You KNOW you're going to get hazed.

Being on both a college team and In a fraternity....I can say without hesitation...it happens ...it will continue to happen.....and right or wrong there is nothing that can be done......personally I think it builds camaraderie .......the only one at fault here is Wetherford.......what happens in the locker-room stays in the locker-room and he broke a MAJOR commandment

But I agree with RF this is being way over blown and everyone including this message board is making a way bigger deal out of this than there really is.

njsean

Shaving a dude's head. Making him carry your pads. Making him sing a song. These are all things I get and have no problems with.

But this wasn't hazing. This was the 8th time. This was bullying, an effort to change Prince's reserved persona via physical intimidation. They want to push him and actually think they are trying to help him, to get him to stand up for himself in order to bit fit their limited understanding of what it means to be a man. To me, I think it takes a bigger strength to walk away like Prince does. The guy is a professional athlete - physically fit himself - if he wanted to stand up for himself and be "harder" Im sure he could. That's not who he is. They should respect that.

njg85m
Just imagine if Camera Phones and twitter were around in the 70's what we would have seen in NFL locker rooms......

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:11 AM

I didn't see Prince having fun. I think out of all the pointless and inane discussions that go on a football forum, I don't see why something like this and furthermore, what is REPRESENTS, can't be discussed.

Don't open the thread.

TheAnalyst
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
+1 (and other words to reach the 10 character limit)

Ha! (damn it, now I need to add more useless comment to reach the min)

Moke
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
I didn't see Prince having fun. I think out of all the pointless and inane discussions that go on a football forum, I don't see why something like this and furthermore, what is REPRESENTS, can't be discussed.

Don't open the thread.

And how do you know if Prince will be laughing after a half hour, or an hour, or 2 hours from that?

You don't. I bet Prince is laughing right now with the whole crew. **** like that happens. People just get all nervous and crazy for no reason. Let the team have some personality.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
And how do you know if Prince will be laughing after a half hour, or an hour, or 2 hours from that?

You don't. I bet Prince is laughing right now with the whole crew. **** like that happens. People just get all nervous and crazy for no reason. Let the team have some personality.

He wasnt laughing when he was asked about it later. He was confused and seemed a bit fed up.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 11:15 AM
This was the 8th time.
Can you explain what you mean here about it being the 8th time? First i've heard that mentioned.

Also, you'd rather have your head shaved then get thrown in cold water for 2 seconds? Interesting.

njsean
Just imagine if Camera Phones and twitter were around in the 70's what we would have seen in NFL locker rooms......

Just because maybe people have always acted like A-holes doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed when people do.

fansince69

Or next year when he is the veteran helping with the initiation of the new rookies....it's a rite of passage that never should have been seen by ours or anyone Else's eyes

Moke
08-20-2012, 11:16 AM
He wasnt laughing when he was asked about it later. He was confused and seemed a bit fed up.

Maybe because he was new to this **** and that's why he was confused? I bet it next year, Prince will be the 1st one to do something like that.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Can you explain what you mean here about it being the 8th time? First i've heard that mentioned.

Also, you'd rather have your head shaved then get thrown in cold water for 2 seconds? Interesting.

Mike G and the Star Ledger. There's a video on the website to has his reaction. He doesn't look amused.

And yeah, I'd rather have something done to me once that definitely just a part of hazing, then continuously dunked in a tub in order to teach me a lesson.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Maybe because he was new to this **** and that's why he was confused? I bet it next year, Prince will be the 1st one to do something like that.

You dont know anymore than I do regarding what Prince may do in the future, but I'm going to assume exactly the opposite.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Just because maybe people have always acted like A-holes doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed when people do.

Let me guess...you were the one that got picked last in gym class? the one whose mom complained about dodge ball?This is not the same as bullying at school...not even close.....these are athletes....using these types of activities to bring the team closer together........if you have never played a sport...(not talking little league) or been in a fraternity...you probably will not get it.....the biggest problem is no one outside of that locker-room should have been privy to this

njg85m
08-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Mike G and the Star Ledger. There's a video on the website to has his reaction. He doesn't look amused.

And yeah, I'd rather have something done to me once that definitely just a part of hazing, then continuously dunked in a tub in order to teach me a lesson.

I'm not saying I condone it, and frankly JPP DOES seem like a bit of a **** in general, but I do think this may be getting blown out of proportion. In all honesty, by now this is a non issue and will never happen again anyway.
A negative media story about the Giants locker room and you can be pretty certain that TC is extremely pissed off and will be cracking skulls.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Let me guess...you were the one that got picked last in gym class? the one whose mom complained about dodge ball?This is not the same as bullying at school...not even close.....these are athletes....using these types of activities to bring the team closer together........if you have never played a sport...(not talking little league) or been in a fraternity...you probably will not get it.....the biggest problem is no one outside of that locker-room should have been privy to this

Unless you're going to respond to my words and explain how you have a difference of opinion, I'd rather you not make personal remarks or assumptions if it's all the same. It's kind of sad.

However, I will say I have been part of several sports teams and i've seen my share of hazing. And nothing I have a problem with has anything to do with hazing.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not saying I condone it, and frankly JPP DOES seem like a bit of a **** in general, but I do think this may be getting blown out of proportion. In all honesty, by now this is a non issue and will never happen again anyway.
A negative media story about the Giants locker room and you can be pretty certain that TC is extremely pissed off and will be cracking skulls.

Make no mistake, my concern for this is not exclusive to the Giants - I am not worried about long lasting effects of the incident on the team. Im sure Coughlin will make short work of it.

To be honest, my concern is with the mentality that accepted it in the first place and then continues to defend it. And that has nothing to do with just the Giants.

DemandedAce
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Lmao so freaking true. This is ridiculous I was locked in a locker my freshman year on varsity for an hour in the locker room as hazing. It's a practice that everyone does just let it go, it's nothing personal most of the time and locker room antics. If anything Weatherford should be under the microscope for breaking fight club policy and making it public

thomsoad
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Shaving a dude's head. Making him carry your pads. Making him sing a song. These are all things I get and have no problems with.

But this wasn't hazing. This was the 8th time. This was bullying, an effort to change Prince's reserved persona via physical intimidation. They want to push him and actually think they are trying to help him, to get him to stand up for himself in order to bit fit their limited understanding of what it means to be a man. To me, I think it takes a bigger strength to walk away like Prince does. The guy is a professional athlete - physically fit himself - if he wanted to stand up for himself and be "harder" Im sure he could. That's not who he is. They should respect that.

Personally I find what they did to Prince inexcusable. Hazing a rookie is one thing....but im pretty dam sure Prince was a rookie LAST YEAR. This was 100% pure stupid. I would not be the least bit surprised to see JPP and Weatherford severly punished by the Giants Organization for this.

Giants are a class act...this act is far removed from what this team stands for. This was a very classless act.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Unless you're going to respond to my words and explain how you have a difference of opinion, I'd rather you not make personal remarks or assumptions if it's all the same. It's kind of sad.

However, I will say I have been part of several sports teams and i've seen my share of hazing. And nothing I have a problem with has anything to do with hazing.

sorry you came across as a kid that got bullied and were applying that logic to hazing(yes i have a problem with bullying....different than hazing).......perhaps I am misunderstanding what your beef is...it sounds like you do not agree with hazing....please explain cause that's what you sound like to me

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Personally I find what they did to Prince inexcusable. Hazing a rookie is one thing....but im pretty dam sure Prince was a rookie LAST YEAR. This was 100% pure stupid. I would not be the least bit surprised to see JPP and Weatherford severly punished by the Giants Organization for this.

Giants are a class act...this act is far removed from what this team stands for. This was a very classless act.

This is exactly my feelings. I couldn't help during watching the video feeling more sorry for JPP and the others rather than Prince. I actually respected Prince, while the others? Yeah, not so much.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
sorry you came across as a kid that got bullied and were applying that logic to hazing(yes i have a problem with bullying....different than hazing).......perhaps I am misunderstanding what your beef is...it sounds like you do not agree with hazing....please explain cause that's what you sound like to me

It's cool. There's a post I made earlier in the thread where I explain why I feel what this was as being different than just hazing or giving rookies grief in good sport.

EDIT: From what I've read the tub dumpings have more to do with problems with Prince's personality than his "still being a rookie" - they want him to toughen up - And I think they underestimate the strength it takes to not give in and just act like they want you to.

dezzzR
08-20-2012, 11:32 AM
You dont know anymore than I do regarding what Prince may do in the future, but I'm going to assume exactly the opposite.Do you get mad when Eli turns the language of his team mates cell phones to Chinese. What if they miss a very important phone call or text and cant read it right away?
Or when Eli asks team mates to open their mouths to see if they had their wisdom teeth removed, then he throws dirt in their mouths. What if they choke!?!?!

Leave it to the media and Skip to make something out of nothing, just like Tebowmania.

B-Red22
08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
All I know is this would not have happend to Jimmy Smith lol

njg85m
08-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Make no mistake, my concern for this is not exclusive to the Giants - I am not worried about long lasting effects of the incident on the team. Im sure Coughlin will make short work of it.

To be honest, my concern is with the mentality that accepted it in the first place and then continues to defend it. And that has nothing to do with just the Giants.

I understand your point, but my point is that it's part of the culture (right or wrong) and I highly doubt this is the first time Prince has been hazed in his entire football career - so we may, and I stress MAY, be severely over reacting here. I can't even begin to tell you the things that the Varsity team did to me my freshmen season. A lot worse than this, but again, it was part of the culture right or wrong.

Now if this is bullying, and legitimately upset Prince and affected his mentality, mindset, or passion then it must stop immediately. I just think this could potentially be getting blown way out of proportion. Show me one person in the world who gets thrown in an ice tub and springs up 2 seconds later smiling and laughing.
But I digress.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Do you get mad when Eli turns the language of his team mates cell phones to Chinese. What if they miss a very important phone call or text and cant read it right away?
Or when Eli asks team mates to open their mouths to see if they had their wisdom teeth removed, then he throws dirt in their mouths. What if they choke!?!?!

Leave it to the media and Skip to make something out of nothing, just like Tebowmania.

Nope. I don't. Because I'm pretty sure Eli is just joking around, and not trying to 'teach" anyone a continued "lesson" thats gone on 8 times since last year.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 11:36 AM

WOW....he was a rookie last year.....Did he participate in training camp? NO.......how do you suggest hazing someone that was not there?.....the only classless thing here was the fact that we saw something that should have stayed in the locker-room.....do you really think this does not go on every year.....and to the person...that said this is an attempt to get Prince to fight back,that this isnt hazing....How do you know that?....were you there? do you know what the hazing rituals are for this team? ....how do any of us know that this isn't a tradition that dates back years and years....we don't....everyone is getting all upset because one moron broke a locker-room code and made it public.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I understand your point, but my point is that it's part of the culture (right or wrong) and I highly doubt this is the first time Prince has been hazed in his entire football career - so we may, and I stress MAY, be severely over reacting here. I can't even begin to tell you the things that the Varsity team did to me my freshmen season. A lot worse than this, but again, it was part of the culture right or wrong.

Now if this is bullying, and legitimately upset Prince and affected his mentality, mindset, or passion then it must stop immediately. I just think this could potentially be getting blown way out of proportion. Show me one person in the world who gets thrown in an ice tub and springs up 2 seconds later smiling and laughing.
But I digress.

I get everything your saying about hazing and everything, and believe me, I HAVE been there and understand it. It's just everything I've seen in news stories and written on twitter by players, it makes me believe it goes beyond hazing and reflects that Prince has been a repeated target for an extended period of time and occurences because of the way he carries himself. Not cool, in my opinion.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I also want to point out that the fact that this thread has already gone 4+ pages tell me people still have a lot of opinions on this topic one way or another.

sharick88
My main issue with this is that it got to the public. Yeah, it does suck for Prince, but that **** should have been handled behind closed doors. Now since our punter wanted to get a few laughs, the national media has their headline for the day. Negative PR is not good.

TheAnalyst
They couldnt haze him last year because there was no camp and he was injured until week 10, so they couldnt really do much. Its football guys, not tennis or golf.

Napstew
08-20-2012, 11:43 AM
lol. c'mon now... this is beyond hazing. PA is not a rookie anymore, and he seems he is always the one being handled. This is not an isolated incident. They know he isn't a fighter and they take advantage of that.

If it was just jokes, Prince would've been laughing and he wasn't. When he was asked about it in an interview, he said he didn't understand why he was being thrown in a tube because he isn't a rookie anymore.

It's weak to go after a dude that you know isn't going to fight back. I would be more impressed with JPP to handle Osi or Canty or any other dude his size the way he did Prince.

GreenZone
.....crickets......

TheAnalyst
Like I said, every year, every team.... Why is this so different?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/nfl.hazing/content.6.html

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
My main issue with this is that it got to the public. Yeah, it does suck for Prince, but that **** should have been handled behind closed doors. Now since our punter wanted to get a few laughs, the national media has their headline for the day. Negative PR is not good.

Maybe I'm crazy...but I'm actually a little glad it was exposed. I mean, of course it sucks as a distraction, and of course, I'd rather it was another team. But I think the video serves a purpose. I mean, I GET IT. Hazing goes on. We've seen and be a part of some messed up crap. And this incident ALONE is nothing. It's just ..ever since I read it being a pattern with Prince it's rubbed me the wrong way. Really ticked me off. That just because he doesn't get all ghetto like JPP about it, he's soft and needs for it to keep happening.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
lol. c'mon now... this is beyond hazing. PA is not a rookie anymore, and he seems he is always the one being handled. They know he isn't a fighter and they take advantage of that.

It's weak to go after a dude that you know isn't going to fight back. I would be more impressed with JPP to handle Osi or Canty or any other dude his size the way he did Prince.

Where's the "like" button?

njg85m
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
They couldnt haze him last year because there was no camp and he was injured until week 10, so they couldnt really do much. Its football guys, not tennis or golf.

You're correct about training camp last year, and even though I don't completely agree with njsean, it's starting to sound like Prince is actually being effected by this. While I'm not against the activity of hazing on it's own, I do have a problem with it if the player on the receiving end is a 1st round pick who hasn't developed yet and this may be why if it is in fact repeatedly happening.
Prince is a quiet, reserved, gentle kid, and this may really be bothering him.
Again, I'm just speculating. But since I read this thread the first time and then read other stories it does sound like this is causing him problems.

TheAnalyst
08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Lest you think Manning is a one trick pony, though, think again. A 2008 Esquire interview with Giants beat writer Ralph Vacchiano (http://www.esquire.com/the-side/football-column/eli-manning-evil-121108#ixzz1aliyYGgK) gave a more wide-angled look at Eli's artillery: "From what I can tell, most of his pranks are kind of routine — hiding car keys (or in some cases, entire cars), stealing clothing, putting Tiger Balm in underwear, itching powder in socks, purple dye in gloves or a helmet." (Eli must have a thing for purple — Alan Sepinwall wrote earlier that year (http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/08/eli-strahan-and-coughlin-have-few.html) that he once "replaced all his offensive lineman's shoes with purple ones.")

Notice Eli "bullying" his teammates that are NOT rookies....

Again, WHO CARES!?!

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:49 AM
You're correct about training camp last year, and even though I don't completely agree with njsean, it's starting to sound like Prince is actually being effected by this. While I'm not against the activity of hazing on it's own, I do have a problem with it if the player on the receiving end is a 1st round pick who hasn't developed yet and this may be why if it is in fact repeatedly happening.
Prince is a quiet, reserved, gentle kid, and this may really be bothering him.
Again, I'm just speculating. But since I read this thread the first time and then read other stories it does sound like this is causing him problems.

That's all I'm saying. Hazing I get...but this...with this, the more I hear, the more it rubs me the wrong way.

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Lest you think Manning is a one trick pony, though, think again. A 2008 Esquire interview with Giants beat writer Ralph Vacchiano (http://www.esquire.com/the-side/football-column/eli-manning-evil-121108#ixzz1aliyYGgK) gave a more wide-angled look at Eli's artillery: "From what I can tell, most of his pranks are kind of routine — hiding car keys (or in some cases, entire cars), stealing clothing, putting Tiger Balm in underwear, itching powder in socks, purple dye in gloves or a helmet." (Eli must have a thing for purple — Alan Sepinwall wrote earlier that year (http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/08/eli-strahan-and-coughlin-have-few.html) that he once "replaced all his offensive lineman's shoes with purple ones.")

Notice Eli "bullying" his teammates that are NOT rookies....

Again, WHO CARES!?!

No one. Nobody cares about hazing or practical jokes. Difference is. That might not be what this is.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-20-2012, 11:53 AM

But this wasn't hazing. This was the 8th time. This was bullying, an effort to change Prince's reserved persona via physical intimidation. They want to push him and actually think they are trying to help him, to get him to stand up for himself in order to bit fit their limited understanding of what it means to be a man. To me, I think it takes a bigger strength to walk away like Prince does. The guy is a professional athlete - physically fit himself - if he wanted to stand up for himself and be "harder" Im sure he could. That's not who he is. They should respect that.Are you done with your soapbox speech?:sarcastic: That was not bullying, trust me I was in the Navy for 20 years and that video was nothing compared to what we did. Those are just a bunch of brothers messing with their little brother.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM

I agree with you a 100% and this couldn't be more right. "an effort to change Prince's reserved persona via physical intimidation" There's hazing and there's bullying and this crossed the line into bullying in my book. This has been an ongoing issue with Prince to the point where Deon Grant said he had to defend him last year. Hazing for 2 years? GTFO

njsean
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Are you done with your soapbox speech?:sarcastic: That was not bullying, trust me I was in the Navy for 20 years and that video was nothing compared to what we did. Those are just a bunch of brothers messing with their little brother.

Doesn't seem like little brother appreciates it. But that's his problem, right? SMH

Moke
08-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Every time I read one of this guy's threads, it's about something the team did wrong or some bull****. Why don't you go root for another team then?

njg85m
08-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Every time I read one of this guy's threads, it's about something the team did wrong or some bull****. Why don't you go root for another team then?

He's a good poster, and is voicing his opinion. Your response on the other hand is rather pointless.

njsean

When in doubt, say something completely irrational and ignorant. Thanks for posting.

BurnerNYG
The OP doesn't like bullying. He doesn't want Prince to be pressed to act a certain way but he wants JPP to be pressed to act a certain way. From this day on you cannot act ghetto JPP... it's against the Giants classy ways. Be quiet man, Prince needs to put his foot down and say enough is enough! If he stands up for hImself maybe somebody will defend hIm. It's not like JPP is gonna shoot him after practice or something.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 12:04 PM
The OP doesn't like bullying. He doesn't want Prince to be pressed to act a certain way but he wants JPP to be pressed to act a certain way. From this day on you cannot act ghetto JPP... it's against the Giants classy ways. Be quiet man, Prince needs to put his foot down and say enough is enough! If he stands up for hImself maybe somebody will defend hIm. It's not like JPP is gonna shoot him after practice or something.

That is, by far, the most irrational logic I have ever heard in my entire life.

BeatYale
08-20-2012, 12:05 PM

It makes perfect sense that it got overblown. He's not a rookie, it wasn't coupled with other acts of hazing rookies, in an interview he sounded upset and confused about it saying there isn't much he can do when it's 1 vs 8, the language in the video isn't the kind that these athletes would ever use with media cameras or microphones around etc. etc. It got uploaded and went public, so now the team has to deal with the reactions which will be mixed but everyone has their right to express their opinion of it.

I'd be surprised if the media didn't stretch this out like they have. There's plenty in there to build off. The media is doing their job, creating stories from their sources. The players aren't doing their job by breaking locker-room-code.

I personally don't care much about the incident, I just understand why it's being talked about more than us fans would like.

njsean
08-20-2012, 12:10 PM

I won't go so far as to say I want or expect JPP to change. I will say I have lost some respect for him - though, why I would respect any of these players who I don't know in the first place is a bit of question. You can get caught up in cheering for the laundry that you just expect those that wear it are people worthy of cheers too.

Well, maybe that's unfair.

BurnerNYG
08-20-2012, 12:13 PM
That is, by far, the most irrational logic I have ever heard in my entire life.Standing up for yourself is irrational? How do you know what provoked this? Maybe Prince was mouthing off, maybe he thinks he's higher than the team. If you don't like something, do something about it... don't just sit there and take it.

njsean
08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Standing up for yourself is irrational? How do you know what provoked this? Maybe Prince was mouthing off, maybe he thinks he's higher than the team. If you don't like something, do something about it... don't just sit there and take it.

From what's been coming out, because Prince is the soft-spoken, reserved type and it's BECAUSE he's just sits there and takes it...that it happens.

BurnerNYG
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
From what's been coming out, because Prince is the soft-spoken, reserved type and it's BECAUSE he's just sits there and takes it...that it happens.No, maybe they do this to everybody, this particular case just got out to the public. I remember watching footage of MannIngham getting dunked. It's a traditional locker room and some guys take it and some guys don't.

jonnyhaze
08-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Typical rookie hazing. For all of you saying Prince isnt a rookie. He is in the minds of the veterans. Lockout last offseason combined with his injury meant no rookie introduction to the nfl. Also ask any veteran on the team and they will tell you the previous year rookies are still considered rookies till the 3rd - 4th game of the next season.

njsean
08-20-2012, 12:21 PM
No, maybe they do this to everybody, this particular case just got out to the public. I remember watching footage of MannIngham getting dunked. It's a traditional locker room and some guys take it and some guys don't.

I started with your perspective when the story broke. The more I read, it changed. Shrug.

nygfanmaybe
08-20-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 12:36 PM
It is getting to much attention which is why it should never have been posted. This is the NY media market.

GoDeep80
08-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Listen there is nothing wrong with being Passive, but when you a NFL Corner who's specialty is suppose to be bump and run man coverage you need to be able to light a fire and play with some malice. Patrick Peterson, Revis, Champ Bailey, Even a Well spoken guy like Nnamdi Talk **** on the field and get rough with people, Prince is to quite and timid which is why physical Receivers like Blackmon owned him in college. He needs to be a lot more violent in his play and it's something that struck me and I'm sure GMs and scouts when I heard him speak and that is he's soft spoken and quirky and just doesn't have the attitude of a physical corner.

Tuckit91
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM

I agree with you too! But if it's going to stay in the locker room,then you shouldnt film it and put it out there where everyone can over react and make it bigger then it is

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 12:41 PM
As I said before, it looks like Prince was taking it as a joke but it looks like he dumped head 1st into the tub. Maybe he even bumped his head or was hurt when it happened and that's why he had that look on his face.

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 12:45 PM
What does him being soft spoken have to do with his play? He dropped in he draft because some teams reached for QB's. A former Super Bowl winning coach even said he was the best DB in the draft. He is physical when he plays. He doesn't have to talk tough or act tough to be tough. He played physical last year in the post season. That's all that matters.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah, and you came to that rational thought because you've been here for like what? two days?!?!? Jack ***.

GoDeep80
08-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Dallas, Detroit, and St. Louis All needed corners badly so why would they pass on a top 10 talent? they didn't need a QB.

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I forgot what player the other teams got but Dallas drafted a stud LT. They needed both.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm pretty sure this is just a back-door smear campaign against the Giants. It's a bunch of haters making it into a bigger deal hoping to splinter the locker room!

Get me my tin foil hat!

jax5338
08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
i love weatherford, but he's stupid for being such a social media attention ***** and he just had to post this. this kind of stuff happens every year, by every team, and it's all in fun but should never be shared publicly. obviously the media will love to blow it up because of hazing that has gone overboard in the past, so steve should have used his better judgement and watched the video again and thought someone might try to make this into something big.

Moke
08-20-2012, 12:56 PM
He's a good poster, and is voicing his opinion. Your response on the other hand is rather pointless.

What's pointless about it? I voiced my opinion as well. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can tell me it's "pointless". If anything, YOUR post is "pointless".

bklyn1028
08-20-2012, 12:58 PM
I love the Giants as much as EVERYONE on here, but I have to disagree. That wasn't fun. Look at Prince's face. That was the face of someone who was embarassed and bullied. READ what Prince said. After EIGHT (8) times it gets old. Now, dunking someone once, twice..maybe 3 times is ok, 8 is kinda overdoing it. I don't blame Coughlin if he is pissed, and he should be. Locker room fun is one thing, but Prince is a 2nd year PRO, not a rookie anymore. All they did was take advantage of someone who is passive. Someone yelled in the video for Prince to stand up for himself. Let me ask you, if it was all in fun, why would he have to stand up for himself?
It's nothing to argue about, but this is WAY beyond a prank.

Moke
Yeah, and you came to that rational thought because you've been here for like what? two days?!?!? Jack ***.

2 days? Yeah October 2010 is 2 days. Read the signature BRO.

Napstew
I've re-watched the video to see where Prince was "taking it as a joke" and didn't see that part. They only showed his face after he got out the tube and their was no joking look on his face.

bklyn1028
08-20-2012, 01:14 PM
I've re-watched the video to see where Prince was "taking it as a joke" and didn't see that part. They only showed his face after he got out the tube and their was no joking look on his face.

The kid was obviously embarassed, wasn't funny to him. If u listen to JPP he says no way Prince is doing it to him, that is a bully talking. Coughlin should get
involved fast, it makes the jints look like morons, they just lost something no other team had, locker room camaraderie. And please those of you who think this is nothing more than locker room hijinks, YOU ARE WRONG, that kid's face says it all. You think he's gonna perform 100% on the field going through that? I mean EIGHT times, come on! I HATE BULLIES PERIOD!

And with that idiot weatherford posting it for ALL to see, the kid is more than likely humiliated.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:17 PM
The kid was obviously embarassed, wasn't funny to him. If u listen to JPP he says no way Prince is doing it to him, that is a bully talking. Coughlin should get
involved fast, it makes the jints look like morons, they just lost something no other team had, locker room camaraderie. And please those of you who think this is nothing more than locker room hijinks, YOU ARE WRONG, that kid's face says it all. You think he's gonna perform 100% on the field going through that? I mean EIGHT times, come on! I HATE BULLIES PERIOD!

They did it ONCE, it happens ONCE. It won't effect his game play.

That might just be a ****ty excuse that people are going to make when Prince doesn't play 100%

KillaRich
08-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I know this is what they do..... But watching this and reading prince's comments I get more of a Bully feel than a rookie (sophmore) hazing type of feel.... I mean it isnt the first they dumped him in the tub right? How many times do they plan on doing it? Maybe since prince is a softy they keep messing with him for gigiggles which is what a typical bully does....... I am not against hazing the rooks because that is pretty much tradition.... but this doesnt seem like a typical haze to me

bklyn1028
08-20-2012, 01:33 PM

That might just be a ****ty excuse that people are going to make when Prince doesn't play 100%

Per the NY Post:

"This is not the first time teammates have dumped Amukamara into a cold tub. He’s been on the receiving end of pranks before as the 2011 first-round draft pick slowly acclimates to life in the NFL."

It appears JPP's stardom has gone to his immature moronic head. I just lost all my respect for him, and I don't care how good he is.

Apparently Amukamara isn't well liked in the locker room, OR, he is a pacifist, and certain d bags are taking advantage of it.

Dwinsballgames
08-20-2012, 01:35 PM

I thought they did it 8 times. I don't think it will affect his play, but it wasn't just once.

giants8493
08-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I love the Giants as much as EVERYONE on here, but I have to disagree. That wasn't fun. Look at Prince's face. That was the face of someone who was embarassed and bullied. READ what Prince said. After EIGHT (8) times it gets old. Now, dunking someone once, twice..maybe 3 times is ok, 8 is kinda overdoing it. I don't blame Coughlin if he is pissed, and he should be. Locker room fun is one thing, but Prince is a 2nd year PRO, not a rookie anymore. All they did was take advantage of someone who is passive. Someone yelled in the video for Prince to stand up for himself. Let me ask you, if it was all in fun, why would he have to stand up for himself?
It's nothing to argue about, but this is WAY beyond a prank.Who smiles about it right after they got hazed? If i got dumped in a tub I would be pissed for about 10 seconds yeah, but its all in good fun. It happens to everyone. If they started bating the crap out of him after that, it would be bad. But thats not the case.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Standing up for yourself is irrational? How do you know what provoked this? Maybe Prince was mouthing off, maybe he thinks he's higher than the team. If you don't like something, do something about it... don't just sit there and take it.

Uhh no.
My response was directed at the fact that JPP shouldn't be blamed for "acting ghetto" because 'that's who he is', yet Prince should be blamed for not sticking up for himself when he should. Last I checked "acting ghetto" as you call it has an impact on other players, while Prince's shyness does not, nor is he the one instigating.

So yeah, your logic is ridiculous.

bklyn1028
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I thought they did it 8 times. I don't think it will affect his play, but it wasn't just once.

It could very well affect his game play, IF this was not done in a "loving" manner as he puts it. He is royalty for God's sakes, imagine how he looked in front of his family. wow!!

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Anyone who thinks this wasn't a little more than hazing is in denial and had he been hurt ou would all be singing a different tune. Hopefully this all passes by but it was an strange moment and not harmless fun.

bklyn1028
08-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I know this is what they do..... But watching this and reading prince's comments I get more of a Bully feel than a rookie (sophmore) hazing type of feel.... I mean it isnt the first they dumped him in the tub right? How many times do they plan on doing it? Maybe since prince is a softy they keep messing with him for gigiggles which is what a typical bully does....... I am not against hazing the rooks because that is pretty much tradition.... but this doesnt seem like a typical haze to me

I don't think it is either. Hopefully Coughlin will put the stops to this immediately, and JPP grows up.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 01:42 PM
What's pointless about it? I voiced my opinion as well. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can tell me it's "pointless". If anything, YOUR post is "pointless".

Because he's starting a debate on something that is worth talking about.

You on the other hand, respond with nothing other than some barely intelligible attack on him for starting a thread and falsely claim that every one of his posts is criticizing the giants, and then tell him to root for another team.

No response needed.

Giant stuck in Texas
08-20-2012, 01:43 PM
2 days? Yeah October 2010 is 2 days. Read the signature BRO.

Fine, you're a 2 year jack ***, not a 2 day jack ***. My bad.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Per the NY Post:

"This is not the first time teammates have dumped Amukamara into a cold tub. He’s been on the receiving end of pranks before as the 2011 first-round draft pick slowly acclimates to life in the NFL."

It appears JPP's stardom has gone to his immature moronic head. I just lost all my respect for him, and I don't care how good he is.

Apparently Amukamara isn't well liked in the locker room, OR, he is a pacifist, and certain d bags are taking advantage of it.

Oh okay, so yeah, let's get rid of JPP instead of fixing what his so-called "problem" is.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Because he's starting a debate on something that is worth talking about.

You on the other hand, respond with nothing other than some barely intelligible attack on him for starting a thread and falsely claim that every one of his posts is criticizing the giants, and then tell him to root for another team.

No response needed.

No, actually, I responded by saying this was nothing to worry about and overreact about. Sorry if you should be so judgmental on my "insightful" posts.

Couldn't care less what you really had to say either, thanks very much.

Fine, your a 2 year jack ***, not a 2 day jack ***. My bad.

Can you please spell correctly? Maybe then, I can speak to you.

thomsoad
08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh okay, so yeah, let's get rid of JPP instead of fixing what his so-called "problem" is.

Why are you gonna be all like that?
Be a man and accept you didnt know the facts instead of being a sarcastic little brat. Nobody is saying get rid of JPP or Weatherford. Its just time to stop being a bunch of punks and leave Prince alone already.

1st times funny ... 9th time not so much.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Why are you gonna be all like that?
Be a man and accept you didnt know the facts instead of being a sarcastic little brat. Nobody is saying get rid of JPP or Weatherford. Its just time to stop being a bunch of punks and leave Prince alone already.

1st times funny ... 9th time not so much.

Nonetheless, he didn't even cite a link, All he did was tell me "per NYpost".

Giant stuck in Texas
08-20-2012, 01:51 PM
No, actually, I responded by saying this was nothing to worry about and overreact about. Sorry if you should be so judgmental on my "insightful" posts.

Couldn't care less what you really had to say either, thanks very much.

Can you please spell correctly? Maybe then, I can speak to you. Fixed just for you Pokie, I mean Moke, king of grammar.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM

Really? Because I was under this bizarre impression that you actually responded to him like this:

Please give up. If you can't even remember what you said earlier in the thread, you obviously can't understand the actual point behind this topic.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Really? Because I was under this bizarre impression that you actually responded to him like this:

Please give up. If you can't even remember what you said earlier in the thread, you obviously can't understand the actual point behind this topic.

Find me a link that says anything about his happening 9 times, and then we'll be good.

Go look at his other posts in plenty of other threads and he finds something to ***** about everywhere,

giants8493
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Anyone who thinks this wasn't a little more than hazing is in denial and had he been hurt ou would all be singing a different tune. Hopefully this all passes by but it was an strange moment and not harmless fun. I think it is a little LESS then hazing honestly. I would rather be dunked in the water then have my car missing or have my head shaved.

egyptian420
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
This is the video the OP was talking about.....I disagree with both of them, which isn't a surprise since First Take is a joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEal28XzRWU&feature=g-hist

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't know. Just looking at the reaction by JPP it looked like more than hazing. Maybe I took it wrong.

Moke
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
This is the video the OP was talking about.....I disagree with both of them, which isn't a surprise since First Take is a joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEal28XzRWU&feature=g-hist

Skip must be the biggest over reactor I've ever seen on national TV. "takes away locker room unity"? GTFO with that nonsense. If Prince can't take it like a man, then he's a wuss.

njsean
08-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Find me a link that says anything about his happening 9 times, and then we'll be good.

Go look at his other posts in plenty of other threads and he finds something to ***** about everywhere,

Yeah, this is getting strange. At first I ignored this, but I'm really curious what constitutes what other hating I've done or threads I've started? If I remember correctly, my posts previous to this thread dealt with hoping Hosley was okay, liking Bennett, absurdly wishing for Eli to keep his beard, and providing radio audio to SB 46.

EDIT: actually i just checked my thread starting and post history and I'm convinced you're nuts or confusing me with someone else.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 02:00 PM

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_prince_amukamara_thrown.html

Done yet?

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_prince_amukamara_thrown.html

Done yet?

Good enough, thank you.

njg85m
Yeah, this is getting strange. At first I ignored this, but I'm really curious what constitutes what other hating I've done or threads I've started? If I remember correctly, my posts previous to this thread dealt with hoping Hosley was okay, liking Bennett, absurdly wishing for Eli to keep his beard, and providing radio audio to SB 46.

EDIT: actually i just checked my thread starting and post history and I'm convinced you're nuts or confusing me with someone else.

Sean - It's pointless. Read the thread. His responses have been nothing more than baseless attacks and amnesiac claims about his prior responses. He clearly does not get it.

Moke
So what if he is a wuss? Not saying he is, but let's just say he is. No one should be bullied and as long as he can play great football that is all that matters. He doesn't need to defend himself in the locker room of his own team. I really don't know what to think maybe it was nothing. Maybe it was something. Hopefully it's nothing, JPP and Prince are cool, and they are a part of a great defense.

They want him to be a man, that's all. I have no problem with that. My dad bullied me a lot of times, my friends bullied me a lot of times. Sure, I felt like ****, but at least it's from the people that mattered to me. It changed my whole lifestyle and I feel better about it.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Sean - It's pointless. Read the thread. His responses have been nothing more than baseless attacks and amnesiac claims about his prior responses. He clearly does not get it.

Are you his lawyer or something?

njg85m
08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Are you his lawyer or something?

No, I'm not.
We just have something in common: A triple digit IQ.

Dwinsballgames
08-20-2012, 02:09 PM

Boy, that Eli beard thing really angered alot of people. I didn't sleep for 2 days after reading that. next time be more careful, will ya?...(sorry can't find red font)

BlueReign
08-20-2012, 02:09 PM
It's guys playing around. Nothing more. Move on. I'm surprised ESPN hasn't dubbed this "TubGate" yet. It's pathetic how little coverage we received for winning the SuperBowl, but this is the most talked about topic in sports.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
No, I'm not.
We just have something in common: A triple digit IQ.

And you know my IQ how? Minch, you must be his spy too.

It's guys playing around. Nothing more. Move on here.

Yeah, thanks, someone gets it.

njsean
08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
They want him to be a man, that's all. I have no problem with that. My dad bullied me a lot of times, my friends bullied me a lot of times. Sure, I felt like ****, but at least it's from the people that mattered to me. It changed my whole lifestyle and I feel better about it.

Yeah, I don't know you personally at all. But just by judging from your comments in the thread, I'd say that maybe that instead of being bullied, maybe some better friends would have been even more beneficial.

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Prince played very well in the post season last year and that was in his rookie season. Not to mention he missed all of training camp, all of the pre season, and most of the regular season. What exactly does dumping him in a tub while risking injury do to make him tougher or a better player?

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I don't know you personally at all. But just by judging from your comments in the thread, I'd say that maybe that instead of being bullied, maybe some better friends would have been even more beneficial.

They're my best friends now... but yeah, true.

njsean
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Boy, that Eli beard thing really angered alot of people. I didn't sleep for 2 days after reading that. next time be more careful, will ya?...(sorry can't find red font)

Seriously...I wasn't aware it was such a taboo topic!

nygfan90
08-20-2012, 02:13 PM
This may have been said but, if this is the biggest news coming from the Giants, i'm fine with that> Prince looked fine to me chest bumping teamates the other night.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:14 PM
This may have been said but, if this is the biggest news coming from the Giants, i'm fine with that> Prince looked fine to me chest bumping teamates the other night.

Because no one looks into that ****. People nipitck the "horrible" things.

It's like the news..

shotcalla39
08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
I agree with the guy who said it builds camaraderie.. the first INT Prince gets .. JPP and Boleyn will be the first to congratulate him

But Prince does look super soft and that bothers me.. how is he still getting gazed and is not a rookie..

Giant stuck in Texas
08-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I don't know you personally at all. But just by judging from your comments in the thread, I'd say that maybe that instead of being bullied, maybe some better friends would have been even more beneficial.I was gonna say something along these lines as well, but I couldn't be as tactful about it.

nygfan90
Because no one looks into that ****. People nipitck the "horrible" things.

It's like the news..Very true lol

Buddy333
He already had his 1st interception the 1st game he played last year.

BlueReign
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
They threw him into an ice bath. They weren't beating the daylights out of the kid.

giants8493
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I think most of you are tripping right now. The only issue that can even be argued is if Weatherford should have posted it or not. I think he should not have but, the fact that he did proves how standard and meaningless this was. If it was anything at all above hazing he would not have posted it.

njsean
08-20-2012, 02:20 PM
But Prince does look super soft and that bothers me.. how is he still getting gazed and is not a rookie..

See, this is exactly what I don't get. If the dude is a little "soft" - why would that bother anyone? I mean, of all the criticisms I have of Prince's play on the field, it is not that he plays soft. If anything, he's too aggressive and has struck me as a little on the slow side. But he's as physical as it comes and not afraid to tackle.

If his personality is subdued and a little passive off the field, who GIVES a crap?

njg85m
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Few things to clarify here because the initial point of this thread has been completely and utterly lost.
Here are a few facts. We are heavily invested in Prince. He has not meshed with his teammates. He looks uncomfortable in general and has under performed. He has been ribbed/hazed/bullied heavily in the past. He clearly did not find this funny.
IF (and that's speculation) all of that is because he feels like he is being picked on and/or singled out, then I think we should all agree that it needs to stop, yes?

Maybe he can't take it. And you know what? If he can't, I don't want a player to under perform because he can't take some stupid ribs that are not meant to be serious. But just saying "HE'S A WUSS HE NEEDS TO TOUGHEN UP" doesn't accomplish anything.

As I said earlier, I don't think it was a big deal, but he might. And he also clearly does not like it. I really don't want someone we are heavily invested in to be completely negative about his team because of something stupid like this. He's obviously not having fun, and obviously can't take it, and he also obviously is under performing. IF this is the reason, how can anybody have a problem with that?

GameTime
08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
who gives a ****....really.
its a dumbass thing that got airplay now its a media target.
Its pretty much a non issue....
let it go already and many of you have to stop doing a psychoanalysis on Prince.

njsean
08-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Tuck's response is reassuring. I hope he's right. It's just something about Prince's initial interview gave the a bad impression. I'll take Tuck's word though:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/20/justin-tuck-says-getting-dunked-is-a-good-thing/

Redeyejedi
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM

I agree my 2 biggest things were A.Amukumara staying healthy that tub is a little small to chuck people into 2. What the Hell is Steve Weatherford thinking putting that up.Team should throw him in the Tub. If I was the coach Id want to cut him

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
How has he underperformed? He was hurt most of last year. He did struggle a bit when he was basically thrown in out of desperation but played well in the pat season. I think his bad PRE SEASON game is why he is catching so much heat.

Giantz4Life
08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
let it go already and many of you have to stop doing a psychoanalysis on Prince.

This is just the media twisting a non-story into something bigger than reality, and Skip Bayless does it with the best of them. Bringing in the whole 'bullying' topic, which has been a huge national issue for the past couple years. Many analysts who I have heard speak on the subject that have been around NFL locker rooms have said it is just locker room horseplay that was ill-advisedly put on social media. People are so easily influenced by the media and what they say it is quite sad really.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:35 PM
This is just the media twisting a non-story into something bigger than reality, and Skip Bayless does it with the best of them. Bringing in the whole 'bullying' topic, which has been a huge national issue for the past couple years. Many analysts who I have heard speak on the subject that have been around NFL locker rooms have said it is just locker room horseplay that was ill-advisedly put on social media. People are so easily influenced by the media and what they say it is quite sad really.

First people bash Skip for how he is, which is constant bull**** overreacting stories, and then they love him because he's creating a small thing into a big thing.

Buddy333
I still think that Prince is ok and he was going along with it. I don't think he liked being thrown head 1st into a small tub and that was the weird reaction we all saw. Maybe he even got dinged up and was a little angry at the time.

giants8493
I agree my 2 biggest things were A.Amukumara staying healthy that tub is a little small to chuck people into 2. What the Hell is Steve Weatherford thinking putting that up.Team should throw him in the Tub. If I was the coach Id want to cut him Im ok with that as long as its Matt Dodge we get.

Toadofsteel
08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I agree my 2 biggest things were A.Amukumara staying healthy that tub is a little small to chuck people into 2. What the Hell is Steve Weatherford thinking putting that up.Team should throw him in the Tub. If I was the coach Id want to cut him

I'm sure that if we had another good punter of equal ability and they were duking it out in preseason, this would cause weatherford to be cut...

Giantz4Life
08-20-2012, 02:38 PM
First people bash Skip for how he is, which is constant bull**** overreacting stories, and then they love him because he's creating a small thing into a big thing.

That's his gig, his job, his forte. He is supposed to be that guy that you hate and loathe, and he purposely takes the position of the minority opinion whatever the topic may be, and makes irrational comments and takes ridiculous stances on topics. People think he is actually that stupid or ignorant, and it just goes to show the crazy influence of the media on society. Controversy/Skip Bayless = ratings.

giants8493
08-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm sure that if we had another good punter of equal ability and they were duking it out in preseason, this would cause weatherford to be cut...Matt Dodge!!!!

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
TC warned the players about social media. This may not be a big deal and maybe Prince is fine with it and JPP is a good friend of his, but it should not have been posted. The head coach warned them of these things.

Giantz4Life
08-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Im ok with that as long as its Matt Dodge we get.

Excuse me good sir, but you seem to have forgotten your red font.

Roswell777
08-20-2012, 02:41 PM
This happened 8 times. 8. There is a big difference between hazing and humiliating. I get that these guys want to "toughen" PA up, but they are humiliating him instead. I'm shocked that some people can't see that.

That being said, I'm sure some of the vets on the team will come to his aid and help PA prank JPP and it will be all good. That's what strong leadership in a locker room will do.

Toadofsteel
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Honestly, I won't be concerned of this being "out of the ordinary" unless I see fines being handed down to JPP or weatherford...

Roosevelt
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Few things to clarify here because the initial point of this thread has been completely and utterly lost.
Here are a few facts. We are heavily invested in Prince. He has not meshed with his teammates. He looks uncomfortable in general and has under performed. He has been ribbed/hazed/bullied heavily in the past. He clearly did not find this funny.
IF (and that's speculation) all of that is because he feels like he is being picked on and/or singled out, then I think we should all agree that it needs to stop, yes?

Maybe he can't take it. And you know what? If he can't, I don't want a player to under perform because he can't take some stupid ribs that are not meant to be serious. But just saying "HE'S A WUSS HE NEEDS TO TOUGHEN UP" doesn't accomplish anything.

As I said earlier, I don't think it was a big deal, but he might. And he also clearly does not like it. I really don't want someone we are heavily invested in to be completely negative about his team because of something stupid like this. He's obviously not having fun, and obviously can't take it, and he also obviously is under performing. IF this is the reason, how can anybody have a problem with that?

Where did you get that info?

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
That's his gig, his job, his forte. He is supposed to be that guy that you hate and loathe, and he purposely takes the position of the minority opinion whatever the topic may be, and makes irrational comments and takes ridiculous stances on topics. People think he is actually that stupid or ignorant, and it just goes to show the crazy influence of the media on society. Controversy/Skip Bayless = ratings.

Yep, that's all it is.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:46 PM

I'm trying to figure this out myself actually, but yet he keeps harping on me.

giants8493
08-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Excuse me good sir, but you seem to have forgotten your red font.Not even CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Matt dodge is so good!

Redeyejedi
I hate Skip Bayless with a passion. Last night I saw him say something about Andrew Lucks velocity not being good. This is the same guy who said Kellen Moore should be a 1st Rounder. The QB who has the weakest arm I have ever seen in the NFL

fansince69

There are far too many assumptions being made by people that in all honesty do not have an idea of anything other than Prince got dumped in a tub of water...period...that is ALL any of us truly know....But because of that he is damaged for life and will no doubt be in therapy forever

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 02:53 PM
I love how everyone keeps calling him soft. He was known as a physical player coming out of college. I don't care how soft spoken he is. TC even said he has seen the physical play out of him and having an "edge" is more about staying healthy and getting reps.

Moke
08-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I hate Skip Bayless with a passion. Last night I saw him say something about Andrew Lucks velocity not being good. This is the same guy who said Kellen Moore should be a 1st Rounder. The QB who has the weakest arm I have ever seen in the NFL

His praise for Tebow is as far as I will go for even thinking he knows what he's talking about.

There are far too many assumptions being made by people that in all honesty do not have an idea of anything other than Prince got dumped in a tub of water...period...that is ALL any of us truly know....But because of that he is damaged for life and will no doubt be in therapy forever'

Yeah, I've been trying to say this all along, but we have a few people that are threatened by the idea of having thugs on our team.

GameTime
08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
http://boards.giants.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by GameTime http://boards.giants.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?p=453713#post453713)

agreed......everybody calm the heck down.....

Roosevelt
08-20-2012, 03:05 PM
There are far too many assumptions being made by people that in all honesty do not have an idea of anything other than Prince got dumped in a tub of water...period...that is ALL any of us truly know....But because of that he is damaged for life and will no doubt be in therapy forever

lol. Actually, I just read that Tuck said it's an "inside joke" they've had to get Prince to show a bit of an edge.

BurnerNYG
08-20-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't debate with some of you fake college professors. This thread is amusing to read though.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 03:19 PM

It's not common knowledge that he isn't meshing? It isn't common knowledge that he grossly under performed thus far when he played? It isn't common knowledge that he is being hazed numerous times?

Please tell me what part about that isn't true.

Moke
08-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I can't debate with some of you fake college professors. This thread is amusing to read though.

It's the same few people too.

It's not common knowledge that he isn't meshing? It isn't common knowledge that he grossly under performed thus far when he played? It isn't common knowledge that he is being hazed numerous times?

Please tell me what part about that isn't true.

How many games has he played?

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 03:26 PM
I have never read about him having a problem meshing with the team. How has a guy who was hurt most of last year grossly under performed? How did he do in the post season? Yes, he has been hazed and will continue to be for like 3 more games because they consider a rookie because of all the games he missed.

Bing Crosby
08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to say this all along, but we have a few people that are threatened by the idea of having thugs on our team.

We don't have thugs on our team that's the thing that so annoying about the people who are ringing their hands. We have some tough guys, but it's not like Prince was beaten up and had his lunch money stolen. This isn't high school, these guys are teammates. No one is planning on robbing a grocery store here, and they are leaning on Prince to keep his mouth shut. lol

Moke
We don't have thugs on our team that's the thing that so annoying about the people who are ringing their hands. We have some tough guys, but it's not like Prince was beaten up and had his lunch money stolen. This isn't high school, these guys are teammates. No one is planning on robbing a grocery store here, and they are leaning on Prince to keep his mouth shut. lol

Exactly. That's the thing I'm trying to figure out - how these guys are really bullying in the first place.

njg85m
I have never read about him having a problem meshing with the team. How has a guy who was hurt most of last year grossly under performed? How did he do in the post season? Yes, he has been hazed and will continue to be for like 3 more games because they consider a rookie because of all the games he missed.

How has he under performed? Go look at his on field performance last year, he was virtually non-existent.

Moke
08-20-2012, 03:37 PM
How has he under performed? Go look at his on field performance last year, he was virtually non-existent.

Yeah..... because he was a rookie and had no training at all.

derekunion28
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
this is nutz let it go they better

derekunion28
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
remember there boys still ...21.... 22...... years old bet, somestill have a blankie

BROADWAYSTORM
08-20-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm really worried. I'm really worried about this. Our team is falling apart. Time to jump ship and become a Patriots fan.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah..... because he was a rookie and had no training at all.

He's a first round draft pick with high expectations. He was put into important situations and did not live up to what our coaches expected from him.

So yes, he under performed when he was tested last year.
Do you like to argue just for the sake of arguing?

fansince69
08-20-2012, 04:11 PM
He's a first round draft pick with high expectations. He was put into important situations and did not live up to what our coaches expected from him.

you know what our coaches expected from him? Im impressed....so any questions we have we should direct to you?

so you are saying that every 1st round pick instantly is a star and makes every play?

he was a rookie period...no training camp....every one develops at a different rate...accept it

Moke
08-20-2012, 04:13 PM

Do you like to spew out nonsense? ****ing guy had 0 training.

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
He missed most of last season so that could be why he was non exsistant most of the season. With no training camp, pre season, and missing most of the regular season he did struggle a bit when he was healthy but through in the post season.

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
All rookies last year where at a disadvantage. Prince was injured and had no training camp or pre season. Was his season a disappointment? Yes, but not because he was under performing or because he doesn't have the skill. They wish he would have played all year. In the post season he did very well. Not bad for an inexperienced rookie.

Hakeeeem88
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
How is this even a story?? He tossed him in a cold tub who cares no one got hurt.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 04:28 PM
you know what our coaches expected from him? Im impressed....so any questions we have we should direct to you?

so you are saying that every 1st round pick instantly is a star and makes every play?

he was a rookie period...no training camp....every one develops at a different rate...accept it

Did I even say any of that?
I was initially responding to someone asking me how he didn't play well last year, not the reasons for it. Then it get's turned into why he didn't play well. I'm not disagreeing with any of what you're saying. Read the entire conversation before you jump into it making assumptions.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Do you like to spew out nonsense? ****ing guy had 0 training.

Am I arguing that? No, I'm not.
I love how nearly every post you have on this thread never addressed what people actually said and instead makes assumptions and/or responds with something that the other person isn't even trying to refute in the first place.

fansince69
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I was initially responding to someone asking me how he didn't play well last year, not the reasons for it. Then it get's turned into why he didn't play well. I'm not disagreeing with any of what you're saying. Read the entire conversation before you jump into it making assumptions.

I have read all of it....you said" He was put into important situations and did not live up to what our coaches expected from him."

I asked how you know what the coaches expect from him?......no assumptions...just asking a question based on YOUR statement

Moke
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Am I arguing that? No, I'm not.
I love how nearly every post you have on this thread never addressed what people actually said and instead makes assumptions and/or responds with something that the other person isn't even trying to refute.

You haven't either actually.

Have you actually looked into what you write? Or do you just post for padding your post count?

You're coming to the conclusion that because of all of this that has happened to Prince, that's why he has had a bad season last year.

Is that not what you were implying? Because I'll go back and quote the post you made...

Dude, for the sole purpose of not getting banned and **** for talking out loud against your posts, I'm going to ignore you because none of your posts make any sense. You actually prove yourself to be a huge hypocrite.

Thanks for your time.

njg85m
08-20-2012, 04:36 PM
You haven't either actually.

Have you actually looked into what you write? Or do you just post for padding your post count?

You're coming to the conclusion that because of all of this that has happened to Prince, that's why he has had a bad season last year.

Is that not what you were implying? Because I'll go back and quote the post you made...

Dude, for the sole purpose of not getting banned and **** for talking out loud against your posts, I'm going to ignore you because none of your posts make any sense. You actually prove yourself to be a huge hypocrite.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, actually - I'd love for you to quote what I said.

edit: padding my post count? my responses actually include my opinions, speculation, and thoughts. Yours for the most part contain name calling and ridicule of things that nobody actually said.

Moke
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Why bring that up for in a thread about the "hazing", if you didn't mean to imply that hazing had any affect on it?

tmcgr001
08-20-2012, 04:51 PM

Well said...LOL

njg85m
08-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Why bring that up for in a thread about the "hazing", if you didn't mean to imply that hazing had any affect on it?

Wow, just wow.

In fact, I DIDN'T BRING IT UP. In my post where I stated that I was SPECULATING that he may have under performed because of hazing (and again, unlike you, I said that I was SPECULATING beforehand) since he seems pretty sensitive, Instead of actually reading what I wrote, I was asked how exactly he under performed. So I answered the question I was asked. Again, I did not bring it up, you or someone else brought it up because I made the statement that he "under performed"..

Do you have any reading comprehension whatsoever?

plaxattack17
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
i dont get wat the big deal is. if this is the extent of our problems in pre-season, i think we're doing ok. this is so overblown

TheEnigma
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
The issue I'm worried about the most is how the media and Roger Goodell will treat JPP after this whole incident is blown over. Is he now in their spotlight to demonize (like James Harrison) and make stories about how "barbaric and ruthless" he is?

FBomb
08-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I'll tell you all what my grandfather told me the first time I ran home with a bloody nose.......

"Are you being bullied? SO STOP BEING SUCH A *****!!!" These were great words of wisdom and due to living in many different states as a child, I came face to face with the school bully frequently. It was always resolved quickly because of my grandpa's words. Bullies don't like to bully people who are willing to fight win or lose.

If someone said that to their grandkids today, kids would call social services on them.

With that said, THIS IS NOT BULLYING!!! It is a ritual and Prince is technically still a rookie. Every team does it and the only people making noise about it are people who never stood up to anyone without the help of teachers, school administrators, law enforcement or the media. Other players in the NFL are looking at this and laughing because NOW the media has created another "Bountygate"...

Prince needs to man up.

nycsportzfan
08-20-2012, 07:55 PM
who gives a cr-ap about this? This stuff happens all the time and now we finally get to see it , and JPP and wetherford are jerks? Shoot, i would of got outta the tub and ran at JPP to hug em and get em all wet, while i was laughing.. And thats the gods honest truth.. Even having this as a topic on First and Ten is a joke..

giantsfan420
08-20-2012, 08:21 PM
but im confused. u said he didnt play well, then people say why they think that claim is wrong...but then they are taking ur words out of context?

I personally dont think prince played poorly last season considering no training camp or offseason and being thrown to the fire as soon as he was somewhat healthy. (the only reason i think TC would do that is bc they really believe he is uber talented) And if u consider postseason as "last season" then I'd even say Prince played well considering.
He had a rough first couple weeks-a month when he returned from injury...saying he played poorly is a much stronger statement

and im so pissed i even responded to a thread like this (nothing against the OP, the topic is lame). i knew this was nothing from the start. prince isnt "soft", he's just being respectful and actually kinda cool by taking his lumps w/o crying about it (which happens way too much nowadays). this certainly hasnt made him not play good or something...and prince and the rest of the d are boys and have each others back. a lot of people are commenting on the subject like they know and its evident they have never played high level organized sports

joemorrisforprez
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
The incident shouldn't have been filmed, and posted on the internet.

As far as the incident itself, who knows, maybe they do this to eachother all the time... we non-players will never know what goes on in there.

RichGiants81
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM

you're tripping bro, you lost respect for JPP and weatherford now??? thats ******ed...hazing has been around forever and it should be....things like that bring some much needed levity to stressful situations like the preseason when most of the locker room is on edge..and it helps the players bond and build friendships as well which is important for team chemistry.

SanAntonioGiant
08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2iqimo6.jpg