PDA

View Full Version : You people complain about Tuck, but anyone notice Ware?

barran21
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Ware has the same injury and he look like Tuck, so you can blame Tuck all you want but Ware is a beast and he look like a no name DE...

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Tuck's banged up this year and not effective.</P>

i don't blame guys when they're hurt and that impacts their ability.</P>

the conversation to have is how much of tucks playing time in his career is being affected by his inability to stay healthy enough.</P>

it's starting to get significant.</P>

Kruunch
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Ware has the same injury and he look like Tuck, so you can blame Tuck all you want but Ware is a beast and he look like a no name DE...

I might add Ware had more effect on the game after the stinger then Tuck did during the same time frame.

I like Tuck ... but he's injury prone and not as good as his hype.

burier
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
so Ware gets hurt and dissapears for one game and that compares to Tuck dissapearing for the entire season??

not sure I follow.

I'm all for giving a guy a pass if he's hurt but it seems like Tuck can't be productive unless he's feeling 100% which just isn't gonna happen in the NFL...Hell it doesn't happen in highschool.

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
so Ware gets hurt and dissapears for one game and that compares to Tuck dissapearing for the entire season??

not sure I follow.

I'm all for giving a guy a pass if he's hurt but it seems like Tuck can't be productive unless he's feeling 100% which just isn't gonna happen in the NFL...Hell it doesn't happen in highschool.

Yeah, Tuck's never been productive, right. Other than a brief period between 2007-2010.

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
ware was hurt..but still was effective...he pressured Eli a lot...

burier
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM

not sure I follow.

Yeah, Tuck's never been productive, right. Other than a brief period between 2007-2010.

During that period he's actually less productive than you think.

And he's never produced at the level I expected which was something to the tune of 15 sacks year in and year out like the guy he took over for.

Spizi
12-12-2011, 12:48 PM
ware was hurt..but still was effective...he pressured Eli a lot...

Ware didn't have any sacks but he was a factor in this game. wish I could say the same for tuck.

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Ware didn't have a sack, but had 1000 times the impact on the game that Tuck did.</P>

Tuck now has a toe injury . . . . . it never ends with this guy. What good does it do to have a player who is good when he's healthy, if he is NEVER healthy?????</P>

SweetZombieJesus
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Tuck's banged up this year and not effective.</p>

i don't blame guys when they're hurt and that impacts their ability.</p>

the conversation to have is how much of tucks playing time in his career is being affected by his inability to stay healthy enough.</p>

it's starting to get significant.</p>

Up until this year he hasn't missed a game in 4 years (and this year he only missed 2 or 3).

Osi and Kiwi have both been lost for the season in that time.

Give the man some credit for playing hurt -- just wish he didn't have to be hurt so much.

Maybe we'd appreciate it more if he was not suited up on game day instead of playing through injuries.

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
You guys need to lay off Tuck. He has been a great player for this team for quite a few seasons. He gets a pass this season from me cause of the injuries.

Jotun_Fan
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
He may not have missed games in the past due to injury, but injuries have certainly hampered his play in past seasons, especially late in the season.

jhamburg
12-12-2011, 12:56 PM

not sure I follow.

During that period he's actually less productive than you think.

And he's never produced at the level I expected which was something to the tune of 15 sacks year in and year out like the guy he took over for.

Since there are MAYBE 1 or 2 guys a decade in the entire league that put up those kind of numbers consistently, I would say you need to lower your expectations somewhat.

giants2thebowl
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Tuck has been invincible all year so this post is stupid: Ware: 15 sacks; Tuck: 3 sacks

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM
He may not have missed games in the past due to injury, but injuries have certainly hampered his play in past seasons, especially late in the season.</P>

+1</P>

i like tuck, but the impact of injuries on his play is a relevant conversation.</P>

</P>

TuckYou
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Tuck has been invincible all year so this post is stupid: Ware: 15 sacks; Tuck: 3 sacks</P>

Invincible huh...</P>

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Tuck's banged up this year and not effective.</P>

i don't blame guys when they're hurt and that impacts their ability.</P>

the conversation to have is how much of tucks playing time in his career is being affected by his inability to stay healthy enough.</P>

it's starting to get significant.</P>

Up until this year he hasn't missed a game in 4 years (and this year he only missed 2 or 3).

Osi and Kiwi have both been lost for the season in that time.

Give the man some credit for playing hurt -- just wish he didn't have to be hurt so much.

Maybe we'd appreciate it more if he was not suited up on game day instead of playing through injuries.
</P>

he gets lots of credit, but this isn't the only time we're turning a blind eye to his play because of injuries.</P>

i love tuck, he's not a locker room leader like we hoped, but he's a monster when he's healthy.</P>

but at this point, what's the difference between a healthy Tollefson and a banged up tuck? Not much.</P>

and we're seeing banged up tuck more than healthy tuck over the last 3 years.</P>

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM
If Tuck is hurt so bad he shouldn't be playing...At least Tolley tries...

giants2thebowl
12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Tuck has been invincible all year so this post is stupid: Ware: 15 sacks; Tuck: 3 sacks</P>

Invincible huh...</P>yep thats what i said, if this guy is supposed to be the perennial defensive player that he is than this season is a huge bust.. Don't feel the need to defend him just cause you're a big fan of him

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM
I think you mean invisible..

NYCDBS
12-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey I wont ever say that I don't want Tuck on this team he is a leader and he like Eli, gets a pass from me pretty much forever for what they did in the Superbowl. However as far as his injuries are concerned it might be time that he sits out its obvious that he is a shell of himself when healthy and im sure this is compounded by the fact that opposing players are probably keying in on the injured parts of his body when blocking him.

juice33s
12-12-2011, 01:20 PM

You're crazy, he abused Diehl at will and pressured Eli on virtually every snap

BigBlue1971
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
im glad Tuck didn t make the same mistakes as Ware did last night!</P>

Wares offsides was a huge factor in our win. just think if Tuck had been penalized giving the boys a win. </P>

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Tuck spent most of the night being snufffed by a rookie. Sad actually.