PDA

View Full Version : Giants insist they weren't hazing

RoanokeFan
08-20-2012, 04:25 PM
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-giants-prince-amukamara-jason-pierre-paul-insist-no-hazing-082012)

Excerpt: "Amukamara and Jason Pierre-Paul (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/jason-pierre-paul/766431), the Pro Bowl defensive end who threw him into the metal ice tub, maintained Monday that they are friends and there was nothing personal involved. Neither would say what triggered the incident. Most players on the Super Bowl champions (No. 3 in the AP Pro32) seemed more concerned that punter Steve Weatherford (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/steve-weatherford/420049) actually posted the video, and that it might give youngsters the idea that bullying and hazing are OK. ''First of all, absolutely none of us condone bullying,'' defensive captain Justin Tuck (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/justin-tuck/299997) said. ''We've heard that. So just go ahead and put it out there. None of us condone bullying. And you don't want to put anybody in a situation where they can get hurt. With that said, we just got to do a better job of being conscious of how that looks and how people can perceive it.'' Read more...

RoanokeFan
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
A reasonable perspective

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Pranks happen to rookies. It's no big deal really. My only problem with this was JPP looked angry doing it and the way he put him In the tub was a bit reckless. I think that's why Prince looked so off after it was done. Prince was going along with it so it's odd he would look so upset after. He could have been injured and for a guy that missed most of his rookie year due to injury maybe he didn't appreciate the way he was thrown in.

RoanokeFan
08-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Pranks happen to rookies. It's no big deal really. My only problem with this was JPP looked angry doing it and the way he put him In the tub was a bit reckless. I think that's why Prince looked so off after it was done. Prince was going along with it so it's odd he would look so upset after. He could have been injured and for a guy that missed most of his rookie year due to injury maybe he didn't appreciate the way he was thrown in.

Maybe Prince had showered and was getting ready to leave. Maybe he doesn't take showers and didn't want a bath either. How much are we, and I don't mean you, going to be hyperventilating over this? I'd hate to see some of the folks on here go to a military boot camp

Buddy333
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah, but for as thin as they are at CB, I'd prefer if they didn't throw him like that into a small tub. Pool ok.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe Prince had showered and was getting ready to leave. Maybe he doesn't take showers and didn't want a bath either. How much are we, and I don't mean you, going to be hyperventilating over this? I'd hate to some of the folks on here go to a military boot campDid you order the code ​RED??????

Roswell777
08-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Did you order the code ​RED??????

Lmao. He's an educated man but he's afraid he can't testify as to the showering habits of Pvt Amukamara

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Lmao. He's an educated man but he's afraid he can't testify as to the showering habits of Pvt AmukamaraGood one Roswell!!

BuffyBlueII
08-20-2012, 05:16 PM
We are lucky that Prince Amukumara did not suffer from a case of “Lactic Acidocis"

BuffyBlueII
08-20-2012, 05:17 PM
We are lucky that Prince Amukumara did not suffer from a case of “Lactic Acidocis"

RoanokeFan
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Did you order the code ​RED??????

I picked shower because I was in the Navy and EVERYONE takes a shower whether they want to or not. Close quarters and all you know.

giantyankee1976
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Maybe Prince had showered and was getting ready to leave. Maybe he doesn't take showers and didn't want a bath either. How much are we, and I don't mean you, going to be hyperventilating over this? I'd hate to see some of the folks on here go to a military boot camp

you'd be surprised. Drill Sergeants can't touch you. Smoke the dog **** out of you- yes. Touch you no.

That said, I will admit to some "live action" between us Enlisted.

( '02 thru '06)

Let's just say that the DS had "our backs" with regard to a ****-bag not being squared away. (we got tired of getting smoked over his BS)

RoanokeFan
08-20-2012, 06:14 PM
you'd be surprised. Drill Sergeants can't touch you. Smoke the dog **** out of you- yes. Touch you no.

That said, I will admit to some "live action" between us Enlisted.

( '02 thru '06)

Let's just say that the DS had "our backs" with regard to a ****-bag not being squared away. (we got tired of getting smoked over his BS)

There were no DS types involved in the locker room hijinks and the prohibition against DS's touching recruits is a relatively new issue. When I went to boot camp it was part of the order of the day for some recruits

giantyankee1976
08-20-2012, 06:46 PM
like I said. they let "us" handle some things...within reason of course.

Actually I wonder who snatched up JPP or Linval and threw them in ice tub?

Now that would be some **** to see.

incidentally: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE RF !!! [Beer] [Pizza]

Roswell777
08-20-2012, 06:48 PM

We want Prince on that corner. We need him on that corner. We use words like honor, code and loyalty. We use these words as a backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

giantyankee1976
08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
LOL mercy

where's TT when you need him ?

VA#80
08-21-2012, 02:17 PM
I think Prince is soft the way he presents in interviews and rumors about his confidence and lack of aggressiveness concerns me. When i was in the Corp there were guys that came into the Marines timid or just not aggressive enough for boot camp / infranty. Often these guys would be hazed. This resulted in weeding out the weak and those that remained became better stronger Marines. My personal oppinion is that the team has noticed this kid (Prince) as being soft and the're toughing him up. I'll bet you this kid will either kick *** on the field in the up comming weeks or soon be replace. However, I applaud the team for there action but hope they use better judgement in releasing videos to the public.I understand that the public is bugging out with this bully crap going on but really>>>> come on this is football. Not everyone understand what it takes to build aggression. Go Giants Smash Mouth!