PDA

View Full Version : I want to give these guys gameballs

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
<U>Manning</U> - I wanted Eli drafted and then soured on him for most of his career many good reasons..He is playing un-Eli-like and is now unb-Eli-evable! Certainly gets a gameball</P>

<U>JPP</U> - This guy is our MVP on defense without a doubt and it will great to see him blossum!</P>

<U>Jacobs</U> - FINALLY!!!!! A worthy effort by Jacobs...trucked more than one defender last night...added fire and a STOOOOOOPID dance but he ran for over 100yds and 2 TDs when all I ask for is 90+ and TDs are bonuses.</P>

<U>Nicks</U> - What a game! No TD's but he kept the Dallas defense honest which really helped our run-game.</P>

---------------------</P>

Honorable mention:</P>

<U>Boley</U> - kept Witten in check...JW was a non-factor in the game last night.If Boley didn't play we certainly would have lost. Not gameball worthy because he disrupted that one area of the game.The above mentioned affected more.</P>

<U>O-line</U> - Kept Eli standing upright for the most part and allowed the run-game to expand it's abilities...basicly they did their job and thats all I ask...Mitch Petrus will be the starter at LG for years to come, very strong and will get better!</P>

Dropped the ball player(s):</P>

<U>Justin Tuck</U> - I know, he is supposedly carrying an injury but wow! Little effort? why are you out there? If you really can't go, get out or get a cortizone shot. I have been seeing a slide in his play since last year which makes me worry about trading Osi away (which I am for if Tuck is going to play up to his billing). Kiwi could come in as DE again and do well though but our depth then begins to suffer...so what the **** Tuck?</P>

<U>Aaron Ross</U> - Ask your wife how to run, she obviously knows better than you (she is an olympic runner for those that don't know)...while you are at it, ask if she knows how to cover...if she does, give her your jersy and pads please and send her to Coughlin!</P>

<U>OC</U> -Gilbride....the run was working perfectly, especially with Jacobs...play the hot hand! Eli'spick by Sean Leewas directly related to your panic-mode/air-it-out mentality. This game was well in hand until then...also, please remove your ego from this offense, it stinks up what could be and amazing aspect of our game!</P>

<U>DC</U> - What can I say? Fewell, you are just not worthy of pro-football and you are proving it...I'd be reluctant to have you coach a high school team!</P>

</P>

</P>

titwio
12-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Tyron Smith had himself a Tuck sandwich last night. Tuck just looked out of it from the start....He couldn't do anything.

burier
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
<U>Manning</U> - I wanted Eli drafted and then soured on him for most of his career many good reasons..He is playing un-Eli-like and is now unb-Eli-evable! Certainly gets a gameball</P>

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I liked Tuck alot but his play against the run has fallen off a ledge...his ability to get passed his blockers no longer exists. Granted, we rarely rush more than 3 linemen and it has alot to do with it but you are supposed to be elite...just have an average game and I would be happy!

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 01:02 PM

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?Uhhh...because I have watched him throughout his career and saw a rookie QB every season...rookie-type mistakes...alot of picks. Needed receivers to make him look good. Throwing off the back foot even when not pressured and barely enough leadership-like traits.</P>

This year he seems confident and very capable. A leader in his offense as well as his team. Great form and even a few pump-fakes (very un-Eli-like). Getting the ball to his receivers often in stride. Still having some picks but all QBs have a certain number....oh he is on a roll to 5000yads in a season which crushes Kerry Collins' Giants franchise record...that helps too!</P>

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 01:04 PM
<u>Manning</u> - I wanted Eli drafted and then soured on him for most of his career many good reasons..He is playing un-Eli-like and is now unb-Eli-evable! Certainly gets a gameball</p>

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?

+1

burier
12-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?Uhhh...because I have watched him throughout his career and saw a rookie QB every season...rookie-type mistakes...alot of picks. Needed receivers to make him look good. Throwing off the back foot even when not pressured and barely enough leadership-like traits.</P>

This year he seems confident and very capable. A leader in his offense as well as his team. Great form and even a few pump-fakes (very un-Eli-like). Getting the ball to his receivers often in stride. Still having some picks but all QBs have a certain number....oh he is on a roll to 5000yads in a season which crushes Kerry Collins' Giants franchise record...that helps too!</P>

Honestly reading this post makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Very little of what you say is true. Its like you've been watching Bizaro Eli for 8 years.

I'm not gonna get into Leadership traits but to say its another situation where Eli is doing the EXACT same things he's been doing and people want to act like he's doing something new.

As far as the other stuff. I'd just recommend taking a look at his season by season stats and compare them to this year.

He's going to have around the same TDs he had last years. Maybe a 1,000 extra yards (Which is impressive improvement over last year I admit but he's got much better recievers this year and a weaker running game driving his attempts up.) and he should Finish with about 15 ints this year which is 10 less than last year but 1 more than the year before that.

He's been improving every year he's been in the league. Its nothing new.

juice33s
12-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I though Hynoski and Petrus were a pair of silent standouts

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 01:15 PM

<U>JPP</U> - This guy is our MVP on defense without a doubt and it will great to see him blossum!</P>

<U>Jacobs</U> - FINALLY!!!!! A worthy effort by Jacobs...trucked more than one defender last night...added fire and a STOOOOOOPID dance but he ran for over 100yds and 2 TDs when all I ask for is 90+ and TDs are bonuses.</P>

<U>Nicks</U> - What a game! No TD's but he kept the Dallas defense honest which really helped our run-game.</P>

<U>Boley</U> - kept Witten in check...JW was a non-factor in the game last night.If Boley didn't play we certainly would have lost. Not gameball worthy because he disrupted that one area of the game.The above mentioned affected more.</P>

<U>O-line</U> - Kept Eli standing upright for the most part and allowed the run-game to expand it's abilities...basicly they did their job and thats all I ask...Mitch Petrus will be the starter at LG for years to come, very strong and will get better!</P>

<U>Justin Tuck</U> - I know, he is supposedly carrying an injury but wow! Little effort? why are you out there? If you really can't go, get out or get a cortizone shot. I have been seeing a slide in his play since last year which makes me worry about trading Osi away (which I am for if Tuck is going to play up to his billing). Kiwi could come in as DE again and do well though but our depth then begins to suffer...so what the **** Tuck?</P>

<U>Aaron Ross</U> - Ask your wife how to run, she obviously knows better than you (she is an olympic runner for those that don't know)...while you are at it, ask if she knows how to cover...if she does, give her your jersy and pads please and send her to Coughlin!</P>

<U>OC</U> -Gilbride....the run was working perfectly, especially with Jacobs...play the hot hand! Eli'spick by Sean Leewas directly related to your panic-mode/air-it-out mentality. This game was well in hand until then...also, please remove your ego from this offense, it stinks up what could be and amazing aspect of our game!</P>

<U>DC</U> - What can I say? Fewell, you are just not worthy of pro-football and you are proving it...I'd be reluctant to have you coach a high school team!</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

you add hynoski to the list of at least honourable mentions, and you get a +1.</P>

juice33s
12-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Tyron Smith had himself a Tuck sandwich last night. Tuck just looked out of it from the start....He couldn't do anything.
Tuck did absolutely nothing last night....Tyron Smith is going to be a great one

juice33s
12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
What makes Eli's performance all the more special is that D-Ware and Victor Butler basically abused Diehl at will.....Any other QB would've been sacked 10+ times, but Eazy E made do and turned in a special performance

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM

Honestly reading this post makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Very little of what you say is true. Its like you've been watching Bizaro Eli for 8 years. I'm not gonna get into Leadership traits but to say its another situation where Eli is doing the EXACT same things he's been doing and people want to act like he's doing something new. As far as the other stuff. I'd just recommend taking a look at his season by season stats and compare them to this year. He's going to have around the same TDs he had last years. Maybe a 1,000 extra yards (Which is impressive improvement over last year I admit but he's got much better recievers this year) and he should Finish with about 15 ints this year which is 10 less than last year but 1 more than the year before that. He's been improving every year he's been in the league. Its nothing new.</P>

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</P>

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
<u>Manning</u> - I wanted Eli drafted and then soured on him for most of his career many good reasons..He is playing un-Eli-like and is now unb-Eli-evable! Certainly gets a gameball</p>

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?Uhhh...because I have watched him throughout his career and saw a rookie QB every season...rookie-type mistakes...alot of picks. Needed receivers to make him look good. Throwing off the back foot even when not pressured and barely enough leadership-like traits.</p>

This year he seems confident and very capable. A leader in his offense as well as his team. Great form and even a few pump-fakes (very un-Eli-like). Getting the ball to his receivers often in stride. Still having some picks but all QBs have a certain number....oh he is on a roll to 5000yads in a season which crushes Kerry Collins' Giants franchise record...that helps too!</p>

Honestly reading this post makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Very little of what you say is true. Its like you've been watching Bizaro Eli for 8 years. I'm not gonna get into Leadership traits but to say its another situation where Eli is doing the EXACT same things he's been doing and people want to act like he's doing something new. As far as the other stuff. I'd just recommend taking a look at his season by season stats and compare them to this year. He's going to have around the same TDs he had last years. Maybe a 1,000 extra yards (Which is impressive improvement over last year I admit but he's got much better recievers this year) and he should Finish with about 15 ints this year which is 10 less than last year but 1 more than the year before that. He's been improving every year he's been in the league. Its nothing new.</p>

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round <font color="#0000FF" size="6">because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew</font>. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</p>

love when opinion becomes fact

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM

Honestly reading this post makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Very little of what you say is true. Its like you've been watching Bizaro Eli for 8 years. I'm not gonna get into Leadership traits but to say its another situation where Eli is doing the EXACT same things he's been doing and people want to act like he's doing something new. As far as the other stuff. I'd just recommend taking a look at his season by season stats and compare them to this year. He's going to have around the same TDs he had last years. Maybe a 1,000 extra yards (Which is impressive improvement over last year I admit but he's got much better recievers this year) and he should Finish with about 15 ints this year which is 10 less than last year but 1 more than the year before that. He's been improving every year he's been in the league. Its nothing new.</P>

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round <FONT color=#0000ff size=6>because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew</FONT>. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</P>

</P>

Coughlin and Reese both stated that they liked Barden because he compares well with Buress...look it up. It's a fact!</P>

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 02:49 PM

Why must everyone pretend that Eli suddenly got good this season?Uhhh...because I have watched him throughout his career and saw a rookie QB every season...rookie-type mistakes...alot of picks. Needed receivers to make him look good. Throwing off the back foot even when not pressured and barely enough leadership-like traits.</p>

This year he seems confident and very capable. A leader in his offense as well as his team. Great form and even a few pump-fakes (very un-Eli-like). Getting the ball to his receivers often in stride. Still having some picks but all QBs have a certain number....oh he is on a roll to 5000yads in a season which crushes Kerry Collins' Giants franchise record...that helps too!</p>

Honestly reading this post makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Very little of what you say is true. Its like you've been watching Bizaro Eli for 8 years. I'm not gonna get into Leadership traits but to say its another situation where Eli is doing the EXACT same things he's been doing and people want to act like he's doing something new. As far as the other stuff. I'd just recommend taking a look at his season by season stats and compare them to this year. He's going to have around the same TDs he had last years. Maybe a 1,000 extra yards (Which is impressive improvement over last year I admit but he's got much better recievers this year) and he should Finish with about 15 ints this year which is 10 less than last year but 1 more than the year before that. He's been improving every year he's been in the league. Its nothing new.</p>

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round <font color="#0000ff" size="6">because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew</font>. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</p>

</p>

Coughlin and Reese both stated that they liked Barden because he compares well with Buress...look it up. It's a fact!</p>

nah you can just post a link where the coaches say Eli always overthrew.

Giantz4Life
12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
What makes Eli's performance all the more special is that D-Ware and Victor Butler basically abused Diehl at will.....Any other QB would've been sacked 10+ times, but Eazy E made do and turned in a special performance

My buddy who is a diehard Cowgirl fan was really praising Eli for getting the ball out so damn quick even with Ware right in his face.

He made some unbelievable throws under pressure.

burier
12-12-2011, 03:22 PM

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</P>

I'm not sure if you've been brainwashed or whats going on

but seriously we're going to give Burress credit for Eli's success when Eli has continued to improve put up better numbers overall since Burress left the team??? How does that make sense.

If Eli's overthrows were the problem with Moss then surely he caught on somewhere else that has a good QB...Oh right that didnt happen.

Steve Smith went to the Prowbowl and he's not 6'6

Oh and news flash. We got Barden because he's a big player who we thought was talented...EVERY team wants a big target for their QB to throw to. Not just the Giants.

You realize the majority of the time when the QB fumbles the ball it isn't his fault right?

As far as picks. Eli has always thrown INTS in the mid to high teens (Threw 20) accept for 1 year when he dropped it drastically to 10 ints and another year when he increased drastically to 25 ints...We can throw the 10 and the 25 out as anomollies and we're talking about a guy who throws INTS in the mid teens which he'll do this year while you act like he's doing so many things differently.

The facts show that this season Eli has just made another incremental improvement to his overall game which he does and has done every year.

JMGGIANTS
12-12-2011, 03:29 PM

<U>Boley</U> - kept Witten in check...JW was a non-factor in the game last night.*If Boley didn't play we certainly would have lost. Not gameball worthy because he disrupted that one area of the game.*The above mentioned affected more.</P>

<U>OC</U> -*Gilbride....the run was working perfectly, especially with Jacobs...play the hot hand! Eli's*pick by Sean Lee*was directly related to your panic-mode/air-it-out mentality. This game was well in hand until then...also, please remove your ego from this offense, it stinks up what could be and amazing aspect of our game!</P>

*</P>

*</P>
Ballard should be on the game ball list or honorable mention

Why in the world is the OC on the "DTB" list when we scored 37. Sure the red zone failures were not pretty but just saying...37 points?

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</P> I'm not sure if you've been brainwashed or whats going on but seriously we're going to give Burress credit for Eli's success when Eli has continued to improve put up better numbers overall since Burress left the team??? How does that make sense. If Eli's overthrows were the problem with Moss then surely he caught on somewhere else that has a good QB...Oh right that didnt happen. Steve Smith went to the Prowbowl and he's not 6'6 Oh and news flash. We got Barden because he's a big player who we thought was talented...EVERY team wants a big target for their QB to throw to. Not just the Giants. You realize the majority of the time when the QB fumbles the ball it isn't his fault right? As far as picks. Eli has always thrown INTS in the mid to high teens (Threw 20) accept for 1 year when he dropped it drastically to 10 ints and another year when he increased drastically to 25 ints...We can throw the 10 and the 25 out as anomollies and we're talking about a guy who throws INTS in the mid teens which he'll do this year while you act like he's doing so many things differently. The facts show that this season Eli has just made another incremental improvement to his overall game which he does and has done every year.<FONT color=#ff0000>Oh then by all means...throw the picks...I thought those were unintended </FONT><FONT color=#000000>... No one makes a draft pick thinking the player they are drafting has no talent but hey, he's tall! Coming off the superbowl in 07 the copy-cat coaches started thinking "hey, lets get a tall guy like Plax" so we can benefit from that strikezone. It happens all the time...these teams see something that worked well for a superbowl team and use it. We picked up Sinorice Moss because of his brother and the Carolina Steve Smith influence for small speedy receivers. I won't waste my time digging up a link showing that they picked up Barden to be Plaxico's heir apparent, but they did...it is a fact that they said these types of thing...you can argue it all you want but you barely make a point. say something interesting.</FONT>

Gianthunter
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Funny Moss struggled because he didn't know there was a North/South on football fields.

hungrrrry
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM

</P>

</P>

Ballard should be on the game ball list or honorable mention Why in the world is the OC on the "DTB" list when we scored 37. Sure the red zone failures were not pretty but just saying...37 points?</P>

Yes, Ballard could be there on the honorable mention list...his blocking was suspect though. Nice TD and some clutch catches...Cruz had 7 receptions and I think 6 were for 1st downs, but he had some drops too...so he isn't on the list.</P>

My point for the OC has been year long...conservative and/or panic play-calling...we have to have a killer instinct from the beginning to the end of each drive and who proves week in and week out that he does know how to project that mindset.</P>

burier
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Buress helped get Eli alot of his success by being a talented 6' 6" WR, and the drafting of 6' 6" Barden in the 3rd round because coaches believed our WRs were going to need to go get the ball high since Eli always overthrew. Last season guys were tipping balls alot and they were drops or worse, picks...alot of that's because eli overthrew them. Thats why a guy like Sinorice Moss and Jerrell Jernigan will suffer with Eli as their QB...they are too short (hopefully Jernigan will pan out but I doubt he will...doesn't show an ability to "go get it"). Though Eli would improve in some areas like passing yards and percentage he would still have the Picks and fumbles among other details that drive you nuts</P> I'm not sure if you've been brainwashed or whats going on but seriously we're going to give Burress credit for Eli's success when Eli has continued to improve put up better numbers overall since Burress left the team??? How does that make sense. If Eli's overthrows were the problem with Moss then surely he caught on somewhere else that has a good QB...Oh right that didnt happen. Steve Smith went to the Prowbowl and he's not 6'6 Oh and news flash. We got Barden because he's a big player who we thought was talented...EVERY team wants a big target for their QB to throw to. Not just the Giants. You realize the majority of the time when the QB fumbles the ball it isn't his fault right? As far as picks. Eli has always thrown INTS in the mid to high teens (Threw 20) accept for 1 year when he dropped it drastically to 10 ints and another year when he increased drastically to 25 ints...We can throw the 10 and the 25 out as anomollies and we're talking about a guy who throws INTS in the mid teens which he'll do this year while you act like he's doing so many things differently. The facts show that this season Eli has just made another incremental improvement to his overall game which he does and has done every year.<FONT color=#ff0000>Oh then by all means...throw the picks...I thought those were unintended </FONT><FONT color=#000000>... No one makes a draft pick thinking the player they are drafting has no talent but hey, he's tall! Coming off the superbowl in 07 the copy-cat coaches started thinking "hey, lets get a tall guy like Plax" so we can benefit from that strikezone. It happens all the time...these teams see something that worked well for a superbowl team and use it. We picked up Sinorice Moss because of his brother and the Carolina Steve Smith influence for small speedy receivers. I won't waste my time digging up a link showing that they picked up Barden to be Plaxico's heir apparent, but they did...it is a fact that they said these types of thing...you can argue it all you want but you barely make a point. say something interesting.</FONT>

yeah but thats not point. Saying "We want a tall reciever" or even "we want a plaxico clone" is not saying that Eli has an issue overthrowing people. Big WRs are nice to have for ANY Qb.

And that doesnt change the fact that I see whats going on with a lot of fans this season who have been down on Eli.

And what it is is a way to avoid saying "I admit I don't know what I'm talking about"

because if Eli is suddenly playing good then I don't have to admit I was wrong all those other years when I said he sucked. The problem he's still playing the same way.

He still throws into double coverage

He still throws off his back foot

His footwork still sucks

He still has that Hangdog look after a bad play

He's still not a Rah Rah type of leader.

Ya know what else.

He still makes some of the best throws in the league.

He still turns into a better player in clutch situations

Nothing has changed.

Dwinsballgames
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM

I'm not sure if you've been brainwashed or whats going on but seriously we're going to give Burress credit for Eli's success when Eli has continued to improve put up better numbers overall since Burress left the team??? How does that make sense. If Eli's overthrows were the problem with Moss then surely he caught on somewhere else that has a good QB...Oh right that didnt happen. Steve Smith went to the Prowbowl and he's not 6'6 Oh and news flash. We got Barden because he's a big player who we thought was talented...EVERY team wants a big target for their QB to throw to. Not just the Giants. You realize the majority of the time when the QB fumbles the ball it isn't his fault right? As far as picks. Eli has always thrown INTS in the mid to high teens (Threw 20) accept for 1 year when he dropped it drastically to 10 ints and another year when he increased drastically to 25 ints...We can throw the 10 and the 25 out as anomollies and we're talking about a guy who throws INTS in the mid teens which he'll do this year while you act like he's doing so many things differently. The facts show that this season Eli has just made another incremental improvement to his overall game which he does and has done every year.<FONT color=#ff0000>Oh then by all means...throw the picks...I thought those were unintended </FONT><FONT color=#000000>... No one makes a draft pick thinking the player they are drafting has no talent but hey, he's tall! <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Coming off the superbowl in 07 the copy-cat coaches started thinking "hey, lets get a tall guy like Plax" so we can benefit from that strikezone</FONT>. It happens all the time...these teams see something that worked well for a superbowl team and use it. We picked up Sinorice Moss because of his brother and the Carolina Steve Smith influence for small speedy receivers. I won't waste my time digging up a link showing that they picked up Barden to be Plaxico's heir apparent, but they did...it is a fact that they said these types of thing...you can argue it all you want but you barely make a point. say something interesting.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Right because up until then no one ever thought that having a tall receiver was a good idea.</FONT></P>

</P>