PDA

View Full Version : Media needs to do its job!!!!

bigblue999
08-21-2012, 12:29 AM
How pathetic is it for the NY media to completely and utterly degrade itself to the point of this most ridiculous story of
"hazing"....obviously no one thinks it is more than just fun and games.

I expected more from professionals at NY but I guess I'm wrong. I also notice a few completely unfit moron reporters asking ridiculous questions...nothing
to build up the team or constructive criticism...they are just scum trying to create a story out of sensationalism.

I advocate the boycotting of any scum news agency that advocates the low-life behavior. Act with some integrity or get a new job!!!! low life!!!

EJ Blue
08-21-2012, 12:34 AM
You can be mad all you want, but when Amukamara was tossed in there he looked very upset, that is fact, not opinion. If the media is given a reason to bring an issue forth, they will do it by all means, and bullying is a huge issue in today's society so it's only fit for them to ask big stars about the situation that occurred. If you want to be mad at someone, blame Weatherford for letting it out.

Flip Empty
08-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Go scream at the posters who referred to it as "hazing" in the multitude of threads on the subject.

bigblue999
08-21-2012, 12:42 AM
You can be mad all you want, but when Amukamara was tossed in there he looked very upset, that is fact, not opinion. If the media is given a reason to bring an issue forth, they will do it by all means, and bullying is a huge issue in today's society so it's only fit for them to ask big stars about the situation that occurred. If you want to be mad at someone, blame Weatherford for letting it out.

You ever factor in the fact that he got dumped in ice cold water...obvious it will be a shock...this is all fun .. this is far from anything with any evil intent....
people need to exercise common sense....this is ridiculous!!

G-Men Surg.
08-21-2012, 02:30 AM

Right on the head about Weatherford ! In the other hand hazing will continue to be a tradition so to speak in the NFL and if Prince can't handle it to bad for him , the cardinal sin here is the vid leaked by Steve, that was the problem in the first place, even Tom mentioned like the " real " issue here.

fansince69
08-21-2012, 07:04 AM

There is a huge difference between bullying and hazing

Go scream at the posters who referred to it as "hazing" in the multitude of threads on the subject.

there is nothing wrong with hazing...all it is a rite of passage or an initiation....the media are the ones that gave hazing a bad name because some people or groups take it too far....throwing someone in a tub of cold water is not taking it too far......

It is a subjective matter where to draw to line between "normal" hazing (somewhat abusive) and a rite of passage (essentially bonding; proponents may argue they can coincide), and there is a gray area where it passes over into sheer degrading, even harmful abuse that should not be tolerated even if accepted voluntarily (serious but avoidable accidents do still happen; deliberate abuse with similar grave medical consequences occurs, in some traditions rather often).[citation needed] Furthermore, as it must be a ritual initiation, a different social context may mean a same treatment is technically hazing for some, not for others, e.g., a line-crossing ceremony when passing the equator at sea is hazing for the sailor while the extended (generally voluntary, more playful) application to passengers is not

so by the terms of the definition the use of hazing is not always a bad thing....it depends on the group as to the extent of the hazing.....every navy guy I have ever met including my brother was "hazed" when they cross the equator

yoeddy
08-21-2012, 07:11 AM

If he was truly upset, don't you think he would have struggled a little harder to get loose?

OX1
08-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Someone should dunk Weatherford's camera/phone in the tub, problem solved........

Buddy333
08-21-2012, 07:28 AM
I think Prince was fine with going along with it until he was dumped into a small tub from atop the shoulders of a tall guy like JPP. A pool is one thing. A tiny tub is another. How would it look today if he was hurt because of his stunt. I'm just saying there is a smart way to have a good time with these pranks they play on rookies, or guys still considered rookies.

Buddy333
08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Oh, as far as the media doing their job, they are. This stuff sells. In fact the media has done a great job at getting the story out there.

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-21-2012, 08:21 AM
It was definitely hazing in my view. I just wonder whether it was dangerous/cruel hazing or not.

GameTime
08-21-2012, 08:25 AM
you are surprised at what and how the media handles this or any other issu???!!!. Look at what they do with all the BS coming out of Jets camp.

Rudyy
08-21-2012, 10:23 AM
It was definitely hazing in my view. I just wonder whether it was dangerous/cruel hazing or not. I don't think they were out to hurt him.

BeatYale
08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
How pathetic is it for the NY media to completely and utterly degrade itself to the point of this most ridiculous story of
"hazing"....obviously no one thinks it is more than just fun and games.

I expected more from professionals at NY but I guess I'm wrong. I also notice a few completely unfit moron reporters asking ridiculous questions...nothing
to build up the team or constructive criticism...they are just scum trying to create a story out of sensationalism.

I advocate the boycotting of any scum news agency that advocates the low-life behavior. Act with some integrity or get a new job!!!! low life!!!

They are doing their job. They create stories based on sources and content that they find. Negative news aggregates more eye balls, which creates more ad revenue. They are in the business of making money by voicing their opinions on whatever incidents they choose to report. If it's generating buzz and annoying fans....it's working!

It's the players who are at fault here. The language in the video would never be used when talking to the media, that's reason enough to not let this video go public. Prince clearly looked upset and even sounded upset in an interview where he mentioned he was confused why it keeps happening to him. That's another good reason to avoid uploading it to the internet - why expose a teammate like that? There's plenty of fuel for the media in there.

It all makes perfect sense to me. I don't think too seriously of the video, but I can understand why it's generated negative buzz.

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM

upset or annoyed?

regardless the term bullying being applied in the case diminishes what ACTUAL victims of bullying have to go through.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 12:15 PM
You ever factor in the fact that he got dumped in ice cold water...obvious it will be a shock...this is all fun .. this is far from anything with any evil intent....
people need to exercise common sense....this is ridiculous!!

NO ONE has said anything about "evil intent." This was, as all pranks are, juvenile and not without risk. The common sense to which you refer, would have prevented the incident from ever happening. Having said that, it's time to move along because there really is nothing else to see.

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:16 PM

well it is hazing. THe rooks get hazed, they get their balls broke. Prince wasn't around for his hazing last year, so they are doing it this year.

Same thing that goes on everywhere every year and which has always had a spot on TV wtih HARD KNOCKS. Nobody complained baout the guy on the Dolphins who had the man-junk shaved on his head, but somebody gets thrown into water and its all of a sudden an issue?

People need to be smacked, topping the list is that mo-mo Bayless and that guy who COMPLETELY went over the line with his article from CBS. I forgot his name already and won't mention it to even give him the courtasy of somebody clicking his link and reading his trash.

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
If he was truly upset, don't you think he would have struggled a little harder to get loose?

lol yea nobody mentions that. He was like a dead fish just dealing with it. NOBODY likes it when their time comes, but this whole community that felt the need to come to the defense of Prince is a joke.

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I think Prince was fine with going along with it until he was dumped into a small tub from atop the shoulders of a tall guy like JPP. A pool is one thing. A tiny tub is another. How would it look today if he was hurt because of his stunt. I'm just saying there is a smart way to have a good time with these pranks they play on rookies, or guys still considered rookies.

I agree with that - the woulda coulda shouldas could of been bad considering that it would of been easy for someone to get hurt. But nobody did, so thats about as far as that goes.

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:20 PM
They are doing their job. They create stories based on sources and content that they find. Negative news aggregates more eye balls, which creates more ad revenue. They are in the business of making money by voicing their opinions on whatever incidents they choose to report. If it's generating buzz and annoying fans....it's working!

It's the players who are at fault here. The language in the video would never be used when talking to the media, that's reason enough to not let this video go public. Prince clearly looked upset and even sounded upset in an interview where he mentioned he was confused why it keeps happening to him. That's another good reason to avoid uploading it to the internet - why expose a teammate like that? There's plenty of fuel for the media in there.

It all makes perfect sense to me. I don't think too seriously of the video, but I can understand why it's generated negative buzz.

im sorry, but its the media's job to report the news. These side story's that take up the front page is not what the media should be doing. This a TMZ report.

BigBlue1971
08-21-2012, 12:24 PM
It was definitely hazing in my view. I just wonder whether it was dangerous/cruel hazing or not.

i dont know if was "cruel". i mean what did Prince do to deserve this anyway? he was a rookie last year.

dangerous yea because of the way it was handled! if Prince was hurt as a result of this we would have many more threads on the subject than this!

GMan-67
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
i know we are in a new age of media coverage, but they have embarrassed themselves by spending over 90% of their time talking about non or marginal football issues

Tebow is a backup QB, Chad OchoJohnson had 15 catches last season, T.O. got cut by the Allan Wramglers, Braylon Edwards???? .... very embarassing