PDA

View Full Version : Typing in red....

rcrane
08-21-2012, 06:09 AM
This typing sarcasm in red thing needs to stop lol. Its embarrassing some of the comments i see in red lol. It would only take a complete moron to not understand that it is sarcasm mostly. So what if some dolt comments on a sarcastic comment made not understanding it. I saw recently in the prince cold tub thread someone saying "cut JPP" but in red LOL, as if that was needed. Maybe im missing something, but is the red really necessary?

giantyankee1976
08-21-2012, 06:23 AM
yes. because there are many "dolts" on here who will flame you for your sarcasm. therefore we write in red to keep the dolts at bay.

rcrane
08-21-2012, 06:23 AM
yeah just kindve defeats the point of sarcasm lol. Just ignore the dolt posts in my opinion.

giantyankee1976
08-21-2012, 06:29 AM
try it.

let us know how that works out.

(believe me there is a reason for red)

rcrane
08-21-2012, 06:40 AM
I definately will, and the first person who doesnt understsnd my sarcasm will be completely ignored by me, possibly labeled "irrelevant" as well.

fansince69
08-21-2012, 06:42 AM
To tye original op.......there are some that will take your sarcasm as a serious statement and the red just helps eliminate confusion

now my question.....How do I type in red? I have yet to figure it out on the new boards

GMENAGAIN
08-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I definately will, and the first person who doesnt understsnd my sarcasm will be completely ignored by me, possibly labeled "irrelevant" as well.

Wow, labelling somone "irrelevant" . . . . that's pretty harsh. Are you sure that you want to go that far?

Rat_bastich
08-21-2012, 06:56 AM
With some of the strange and crazy comments made on this board and no context because of written communication(and sometimes very poor) it is very difficult to determine sarcasm or not. Hell, when at work dealing with northerners face to face it is still hard to determine sarcasm.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 06:58 AM
This typing sarcasm in red thing needs to stop lol. Its embarrassing some of the comments i see in red lol. It would only take a complete moron to not understand that it is sarcasm mostly. So what if some dolt comments on a sarcastic comment made not understanding it. I saw recently in the prince cold tub thread someone saying "cut JPP" but in red LOL, as if that was needed. Maybe im missing something, but is the red really necessary?

Better to use red than not I've found. Every blade in the box may not be sharpened.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 07:00 AM

You think people are irrelevant simply because they don't understand what you said or how it should be interpreted??

TheEnigma
08-21-2012, 07:03 AM
I find using sarcasm is a lot more fun without the red text. Some people are good at detecting and others just can't seem to do it.

"Yo man, you can't be serious..."

"You meant to use red, right?"

"Congratulations. You're now the dumbest poster."

Just a few I usually see thrown around here.

giantyankee1976
08-21-2012, 07:38 AM
I find using sarcasm is a lot more fun without the red text. Some people are good at detecting and others just can't seem to do it.

"Yo man, you can't be serious..."

"You meant to use red, right?"

"Congratulations. You're now the dumbest poster."

Just a few I usually see thrown around here.

LOL, truth

Gimaniac
08-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Red is used because the emoticons on the board are kinda lame. :p

Only half of them seem to be working. (Google Chrome)

SweetZombieJesus
08-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I think having "lol" in every sentence is embarrassing.

fansince69
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
I think having "lol" in every sentence is embarrassing.

LOL............what if it is the whole sentence?

TheAnalyst
08-21-2012, 08:01 AM
I think it could work...

nhpgiantsfan
08-21-2012, 08:10 AM

oooohhhh, watch out for this guy, Mr. 15 posts might ignore you or call you irrelevant!!!

Make me first on the list..

GameTime
08-21-2012, 08:20 AM

maybe you are the dolt in question

Toadofsteel
08-21-2012, 09:01 AM
When using written media (like these boards), a lot of context that normally is communicated non-verbally is stripped away. It basically makes everyone autistic... (and my brother is autistic, so yes, I know what I'm talking about)

RedskinHater
08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Better to use red than not I've found. Every blade in the box may not be sharpened.

I have learned over many years that you can never underestimate enough others stupidity.

fansince69
08-21-2012, 09:09 AM
I have learned over many years that you can never underestimate enough others stupidity.

I am not sure I would use the word stupid.........I have seen many extreme posts on here in which the poster was completely serious.....it is necessary to distinguish between sarcasm and extreme posts...many times they say the same thing.........most on here assume that if it is not in red ....that you are serious and being extreme

Moke
08-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Is this a serious question?

Moke
08-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow, labelling somone "irrelevant" . . . . that's pretty harsh. Are you sure that you want to go that far?

Honestly wouldn't mind if he ignored me. It seems to me that this guy comes off as narcissistic. Watch out, my post is completely irrelevant.

ashleymarie
08-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I would rather not give up the red, especially when discussing Jerry Jones.

GameTime
08-21-2012, 09:42 AM

you can't fix stupid.....

B-Red22
08-21-2012, 10:02 AM

unless your completley blown up for the post before you get a chance to ignore it.(yes this will and has happened, thus why people us red)

Jiffy Jeff
08-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Is this THREAD really necessary? If the red posts bother you then don't read them. I'm sure most everyone is aware that the comments are are sarcastic. If not....who cares???

Diamondring
08-21-2012, 10:08 AM
This typing sarcasm in red thing needs to stop lol. Its embarrassing some of the comments i see in red lol. It would only take a complete moron to not understand that it is sarcasm mostly. So what if some dolt comments on a sarcastic comment made not understanding it. I saw recently in the prince cold tub thread someone saying "cut JPP" but in red LOL, as if that was needed. Maybe im missing something, but is the red really necessary?What is the big deal? All we have to do is change the rules a little bit. Every time we use sarcasm on a junior poster, we tell them that putting words in red means sarcasm.

Also using red as sarcasm warns people that you are just using it. Even you can't tell when people are being sarcastic all of the time. You are a complete moron.

ImElectric2
08-21-2012, 11:11 AM
yeah. And what's up with all these gibril wilson threads? Dude hadn't been on the team in years. LOL. Dolts....

ImElectric2
08-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Also....apparently my guess as to how one does red font on these new boards was wrong...my bad. Guess I'm the true dolt. LOL!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I am not sure I would use the word stupid.........I have seen many extreme posts on here in which the poster was completely serious.....it is necessary to distinguish between sarcasm and extreme posts...many times they say the same thing.........most on here assume that if it is not in red ....that you are serious and being extremeRodgers12 comes to mind!:p

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
It's a staple of TAGF... you just signed up and you're trying to get rid of tradition?

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
It's a staple of TAGF... you just signed up and you're trying to get rid of tradition?

hahahaha

#knowyourrole

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
hahahaha

#knowyourrole

:D .... these smilies are depressing lol

Just give me back my beer mug and I'm GOOD

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Come to think of it... where is SarcasmGuy? Forget his exact handle lol

Giantsin04
08-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Come to think of it... where is SarcasmGuy? Forget his exact handle lol

I think it is straight up "Sarcasm". Maybe a Simpson's type avatar??

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I think it is straight up "Sarcasm". Maybe a Simpson's type avatar??

Nope, definitely Sarcasm___(something) lol. Yes simpsons avatar

ShakeandBake
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM

I'm going to listen to you, seriously lol.

Moke
08-21-2012, 01:07 PM

He keeps on TROLLOLOLOLOLLOLINNN

GmenFan1980
08-21-2012, 02:07 PM
I agree with the Op sort of. Red is soooo last year. we should type in green from now on to show sarcasm lol

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I agree with the Op sort of. Red is soooo last year. we should type in green from now on to show sarcasm lol

If jokes were alive.... you would have just killed them ;)

GmenFan1980
08-21-2012, 02:14 PM
If jokes were alive.... you would have just killed them ;)

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week folks http://boards.giants.com/images/icons/icon6.png

rcrane
08-21-2012, 03:20 PM
oooohhhh, watch out for this guy, Mr. 15 posts might ignore you or call you irrelevant!!!

Make me first on the list..
These boards are new, was too lazy to carry over my oh so different previous name. I guess my point was that it makes us look kindve dumb when every super obvious sarcastic comment like "cut jpp!" in the prince tub thread, has to be in red. And yes someone responding with a lengthy post on why we cant cut Jpp is either trolling, or very dull IMO, and wont be worth a response in said thread. I can see using red for an actual hard to detect sarcastic comment. Carry on.

Moke
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
These boards are new, was too lazy to carry over my oh so different previous name. I guess my point was that it makes us look kindve dumb when every super obvious sarcastic comment like "cut jpp!" in the prince tub thread, has to be in red. And yes someone responding with a lengthy post on why we cant cut Jpp is either trolling, or very dull IMO, and wont be worth a response in said thread. I can see using red for an actual hard to detect sarcastic comment. Carry on.

So why is the subject of red font being brought up now, since you've been here before?

Just to start arguments?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Let it go.

...and by that I mean we should cut Eli.

rcrane
08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
So why is the subject of red font being brought up now, since you've been here before?

Just to start arguments?

this is an internet message board. Yes, to start an argument of course. It was brought up by me last night because a) i was drunk and am opinionated when i am, and b) im seeing red in every super obvious sarcastic comment, which just takes the fun out of using sarcasm. Ive corrected my drunken stance to saying that i think its fine when the comment is a not so obvious one.

GameTime
08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
dude.....dont you get it.
Not using red would be like saying sarcastic remark with no verbal inflection or other verbal effect. Dont get your issue with this....

jomo
08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
yes. because there are many "dolts" on here who will flame you for your sarcasm. therefore we write in red to keep the dolts at bay..........lol and some of those dolts don't even understand sarcasm when it's written in red.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 04:42 PM
.........lol and some of those dolts don't even understand sarcasm when it's written in red.

Ah... those are always good times :popcorn:

giantyankee1976
08-21-2012, 06:26 PM

throw his *** in the cold tub, oops that was supposed to be in red

Sarcasman
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM

You tell me.

derekunion28
08-21-2012, 06:50 PM
THIS THREAD rocks

rcrane
08-21-2012, 07:15 PM
It's a staple of TAGF... you just signed up and you're trying to get rid of tradition? Nah ive been on these boards for a few years now. Wasnt fortunate enough to have my old acct which is the same without the numbers carried over lol.

Sarcasman
08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
THIS THREAD rocks

Because of my sarcasm super powers, I know this comment is facetious.

krygny
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I sometimes use PURPLE

SARCASM with an element of (TRUE BLUE) TRUTH

giantyankee1976
08-22-2012, 12:11 AM
I sometimes use PURPLE

SARCASM with an element of (TRUE BLUE) TRUTH

iconoclast !

ashleymarie
08-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Let it go.

...and by that I mean we should cut Eli.

Eli should have been cut last season.

FlyingTruck
08-22-2012, 03:25 AM
Eli should have been cut last season.
Wrong.

We should have never traded Rivers for Eli.

rcrane
08-22-2012, 05:14 AM
Hey visit my website about lapel pins (http://www.lapelpinsbest.com) reverse mortgages (http://www.fhareversemortgage.pro) its about reverse mortgages loans, visit reverse mortgages calculator (http://www.reversemortgagescalculator.us) Alright alright, i get it, we need red font.

MikeyMike01
08-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Typing in red completely undermines the sarcasm. Ruins many an otherwise great post.

nygfanmaybe
08-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Typing in red completely undermines the sarcasm. Ruins many an otherwise great post.

Good post. To me, part of the reason for using sarcasm is to leave them wondering if you really mean that. If you put it in red, you can no longer call it sarcasm, IMO.

bigblue58
08-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Your bizarre anti red lettering rant may make you sound like a crazy person, but it does expose the need for a color designation to alert readers that the post they are about to read is pointless and will waste precious seconds of their life they will never get back!

nygfanmaybe
08-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Your bizarre anti red lettering rant may make you sound like a crazy person, but it does expose the need for a color designation to alert readers that the post they are about to read is pointless and will waste precious seconds of their life they will never get back!

Didn't you mean to put that in red?

giantyankee1976
08-22-2012, 07:44 AM

^ this to the max

rcrane
08-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Good post. To me, part of the reason for using sarcasm is to leave them wondering if you really mean that. If you put it in red, you can no longer call it sarcasm, IMO. exactly this, i guess sarcasm to u guys is still funny when its in red? to me it just defeats the purpose. the wittiness of sarcasm is gone when it has to be pointed out. just my opinion

jomo
08-22-2012, 08:53 PM
exactly this, i guess sarcasm to u guys is still funny when its in red? to me it just defeats the purpose. the wittiness of sarcasm is gone when it has to be pointed out. just my opinionI guess you'll need to be around here a while longer to understand how many posts are wasted with dunderhead who missed the point. Red cuts out 90% of those posts. Actually hysterical that 10% still don't get it. This is not a Mensa site. lol

rcrane
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
yeah it takes away 90% of those possible couple posts per non red sarcastic comment, but leaves the lame red "sarcastic" comment.

jomo
08-22-2012, 08:59 PM
yeah it takes away 90% of those possible couple posts per non red sarcastic comment, but leaves the lame red "sarcastic" comment.I speak to a lower grade of reader. I feed them animal crackers and post in red whenever possible lol.

Sarcasman
08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
exactly this, i guess sarcasm to u guys is still funny when its in red? to me it just defeats the purpose. the wittiness of sarcasm is gone when it has to be pointed out. just my opinion

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Moke
08-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes, let's start countless arguments because we have to listen to one guy talk about how the red font shouldn't indicate sarcasm.