PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Herzlich?

Buddy333
08-21-2012, 08:55 AM
I thought he was playing well. Will he miss a lot of time with his injury?

PBTimmons
08-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Herzlich practiced yesterday, according to Mike Garafolo. I would think if he practices today then it is likely we will see him on Friday.

Buddy333
08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
That's good to hear. Thought he was looking quicker than last year.

Jahh
08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
With the way Rivers looked last game, it finally looks like our LB corp is looking up. Cut blackburn!!

B-Red22
08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
He practiced fully I believe

PBTimmons
08-21-2012, 11:53 AM
With the way Rivers looked last game, it finally looks like our LB corp is looking up. Cut blackburn!!

I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

Nobody has stepped up and taken the job from him, he's not going to be cut.

Jahh
08-21-2012, 11:58 AM
I think with Blackburn calling the 1st team defense, he is probably going to be the guy...Don't get me wrong, I think he's a complete liability in coverage and an average run stopper. He wins the job for two reasons: Hes a Veteran and The Superbowl. I just hope Rivers Boley and Kiwi can pick up some of his slack.

Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM
That's good because he was pretty bad on the first game and then gets injured in the second. He needs to show something soon. We have too many linebackers battling to give a second year player a pass because he is a crowd dandy. Show something Herz.

jomo
08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.TC runs a meritocracy where the best player plays. That's how you win Super Bowls. If Herzlich is healthy and performing better than Blackburn "all in", then he'll be our starter.

appodictic
08-21-2012, 03:17 PM

Its pretty odd to call him a liability since he had picks on rogers and brady. And all these other linebackers we had pretty much stunk it up all year to the point we had to bring him off the couch.

TroyArcher
08-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeeah, I understand that dynamic but I just don't think we are doing ourselves any favors by being loyal to him. Many people disagree with me but I know we have better players on the team. I def. hear ya though.

I would like to see Herzlick play MLB but so far he has not earned it. I hope he will. Jones was horrible last year when given the opportunity.

PBTimmons
08-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Its pretty odd to call him a liability since he had picks on rogers and brady. And all these other linebackers we had pretty much stunk it up all year to the point we had to bring him off the couch.

While I can't completely disagree with you...have you heard of the saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut?

Kase-1
08-21-2012, 04:19 PM
That's good because he was pretty bad on the first game and then gets injured in the second. He needs to show something soon. We have too many linebackers battling to give a second year player a pass because he is a crowd dandy. Show something Herz.
I gotta disagree with ya.

I think he did pretty well so far this pre-season, he's def gained a step from last season and wouldnt you rather have us groom our future Mike LB with Chase still here to help him along the way.

Chase is great and I want him to remain a Giant for the remainder of his career, but at this point he's not much more than a depth player.