PDA

View Full Version : Prdictions on the Dallas Game?

BParcells777
08-21-2012, 10:25 AM
The Cowboys are not looking too good in pre-season. They are without WRs, their D is aging, Tony Romo has NASCAR phobia.

I think you could see a repeat of the Giants/Jets pre-season score- 28-3

Jerry Jones was right about the outcome but I think he had the teams reversed......in his defense he was talking about their home game against us, not the opening game at the Met

On another topic, I really don't want to see Eli and Victor Cruz for more than one series for the rest of the pre-season games. I'd like to see a lot more of Perrilloux, but that's a double edged sword- if he plays well and does not replace Carr or give Coughlin reason to keep 3 QBs,he will be gone

Moke
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
I really can't make a prediction on score and spread and all that right now, but I think we get the win on opening night.

B-Red22
08-21-2012, 10:32 AM
27-13 Giants

manning to shockey
08-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I think the only way we lose that game is if we give the cowboys a couple of turnovers, but if we have mistake free game I think we beat them up.

ShakeandBake
08-21-2012, 10:47 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFoFnq_6sju08AVx6iQkHghOKCaAZHX 8BkCrJHuKSvOMqC2R5Tgg

BlueMetal 40
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I think in our typical fashion, it will be a nail biter after we start off the game with a few quick scores. 31-30 Giants victory

yoeddy
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Giants 31
Cowboys 10

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
The Cowboys are not looking too good in pre-season. They are without WRs, their D is aging, Tony Romo has NASCAR phobia.

Jerry Jones was right about the outcome but I think he had the teams reversed......in his defense he was talking about their home game against us, not the opening game at the Met

On another topic, I really don't want to see Eli and Victor Cruz for more than one series for the rest of the pre-season games. I'd like to see a lot more of Perrilloux, but that's a double edged sword- if he plays well and does not replace Carr or give Coughlin reason to keep 3 QBs,he will be gone

Just some points that I want to correct here; Ware and Ratliff are aging. The rest of the defense is relatively young. (Carr, Jenkins, Claiborne, Barry Church, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter/Dan Connor, Scandrick are all 27 years and younger). Plus the depth guys on the D line like Crawford and Lissemore, and situational pass rushers Butler.

Basically, the old slow guys that were getting burned are gone and overall I wouldn't doubt that the Giants have an older defense on the average.

Also, the WRs will most likely be ready by the time that game arrives.

Jahh
08-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I still think this is a little premature and as for not seeing Cruz and Eli for one series the rest of the preseason, I think they need to work the majority of the 3rd preseason game like they usually do. Nicks still needs to get some time with Eli.

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, Witten is prob missing up to 3 months. Bryant and Austin cant practice for the rest of preseason, which means even if both play vs us, they will not have good timing/chemistry with Romo.
And I also believe Romo is going to have a very down year, he is without his safety blanket in Witten for an indefinite amount of time. That interior on their OL is prob the worst in the league or up there...Doug Free is overrated and people generally acknowledge he sucks so that says something...

Morris Claiborne also missed like 99% of the offseason. Now I doubt Dallas will throw him out to the wolves week 1 vs us, but if they do, he is going to be burnt and burned often...Dallas still has issues at safety, and I know Carr had a 2 int game vs SD, but watch both those ints, he plays small, the WR bobbles the ball up into the air for gimme int and the other one was a horrible rex grossman type pass. Imho, Carr plays super small and Nicks is going to be way way too much for him.

Oh yeah, I also think Bennett is going to be SUPER pumped up and want to show Dallas how wrong and ungrateful they are and has like a 2 TD game...

final score 35-13 and thats with the Giants making a couple of early season mistakes...Dallas is in for a loooooooooooong year

BParcells777
08-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Just some points that I want to correct here; Ware and Ratliff are aging. The rest of the defense is relatively young. (Carr, Jenkins, Claiborne, Barry Church, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter/Dan Connor, Scandrick are all 27 years and younger). Plus the depth guys on the D line like Crawford and Lissemore, and situational pass rushers Butler.

Basically, the old slow guys that were getting burned are gone and overall I wouldn't doubt that the Giants have an older defense on the average.

Also, the WRs will most likely be ready by the time that game arrives.

With all due respect, your Cowboys are not impressing me.......but who knows............ "talk is cheap- play the game"........If you can protect Romo you have a punchers chance

Sundown
08-21-2012, 11:28 AM
If our line does a good job of blocking they'll win this game. I'm sure KG will set things up were Claibourne will have to cover Cruz. The rook will have his hands full. Carr on the other hand, I'm not sold yet. Last game against the Chargers, if Rogers or Brees was the QB those bombs wouldn't have been picked off. Carr can get beat deep. Also not sold on Church, good box safety but let's see him cover someone.

Roosevelt
08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Giants 31
Cowboys 10

Of course it's still early, but this sounds about right.

BParcells777
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I'd love to see a revitalized Giants/Cowboys rivalry. I'm just not sure you guys have the tools........having said that I'm only going by feel. I dont know what rookie and acquisition surprises the Cowboys have cooked up, or whether your veteran guys have progressed. If it's true you do not have Witten.......he's half your offense.

We'll see.......and don't have long to wait

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 11:50 AM
If our line does a good job of blocking they'll win this game. I'm sure KG will set things up were Claibourne will have to cover Cruz. The rook will have his hands full. Carr on the other hand, I'm not sold yet. Last game against the Chargers, if Rogers or Brees was the QB those bombs wouldn't have been picked off. Carr can get beat deep. Also not sold on Church, good box safety but let's see him cover someone.

It really depends on whether or not Jenkins is able to go.

I think the typical report on Church is that he was a box safety but lacked in coverage. He's going to have to prove that he's gotten better in coverage, but watching this preseason so far, I believe he has.

Rogers had a pretty tough time with Carr last year as well. I agree the interceptons were weak but c'mon. Rivers is a damn fine QB. A perfect pass from Brees or Rogers will beat any defense if that is the case. Carr is a top 10 cb and it won't be easy to throw on him.

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
With all due respect, your Cowboys are not impressing me.......but who knows............ "talk is cheap- play the game"........If you can protect Romo you have a punchers chance

That's fair. I think we will be able to protect Romo. The line is improving and the Giants will have to account for a run game with DeMarco Murray (who was largely absent for both our meetings last year).

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 11:57 AM
That's fair. I think we will be able to protect Romo. The line is improving and the Giants will have to account for a run game with DeMarco Murray (who was largely absent for both our meetings last year).

do u really expect to have any sort of consistent run game with that interior OL?

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Well, Witten is prob missing up to 3 months. Bryant and Austin cant practice for the rest of preseason, which means even if both play vs us, they will not have good timing/chemistry with Romo.
And I also believe Romo is going to have a very down year, he is without his safety blanket in Witten for an indefinite amount of time. That interior on their OL is prob the worst in the league or up there...Doug Free is overrated and people generally acknowledge he sucks so that says something...

Morris Claiborne also missed like 99% of the offseason. Now I doubt Dallas will throw him out to the wolves week 1 vs us, but if they do, he is going to be burnt and burned often...Dallas still has issues at safety, and I know Carr had a 2 int game vs SD, but watch both those ints, he plays small, the WR bobbles the ball up into the air for gimme int and the other one was a horrible rex grossman type pass. Imho, Carr plays super small and Nicks is going to be way way too much for him.

Oh yeah, I also think Bennett is going to be SUPER pumped up and want to show Dallas how wrong and ungrateful they are and has like a 2 TD game...

final score 35-13 and thats with the Giants making a couple of early season mistakes...Dallas is in for a loooooooooooong year

I don't think Witten being out for 3 months is probable. I think it's a possiblity, but he doesn't require surgery.

And I thought by now it would be apparent that Romo can work with any receiver. We've heard the same argument a few times before.
2006- won't do much without Terry Glenn,
2009- Won't do much without Terrell Owens
2011- No Miles Austin last year, really, he makes Laurent Robinson look phenomenal

Watch out for TE James Hanna.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 11:59 AM
do u really expect to have any sort of consistent run game with that interior OL?Do we expect to have a consistent run game with our O-line? Giants-28 Cowpukes-17

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 12:00 PM

I think the typical report on Church is that he was a box safety but lacked in coverage. He's going to have to prove that he's gotten better in coverage, but watching this preseason so far, I believe he has.

Rogers had a pretty tough time with Carr last year as well. I agree the interceptons were weak but c'mon. Rivers is a damn fine QB. A perfect pass from Brees or Rogers will beat any defense if that is the case. Carr is a top 10 cb and it won't be easy to throw on him.
he's not even top 20 in my opinion. im telling you, prepare for disappointment. Carr plays small, its weird I never seen a player have it that badly...

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
do u really expect to have any sort of consistent run game with that interior OL?

You mean the one you haven't seen yet?

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 12:05 PM
he's not even top 20 in my opinion. im telling you, prepare for disappointment. Carr plays small, its weird I never seen a player have it that badly...

First you thought Carr was small. Now you keep saying he plays small because that obviously wasn't true. Carr is 26 years old, in his prime, and has improved every single year. I agree that it may not translate right away, but I don't think that it is becasue of some discrepency between the AFCW and the NFCE. Yes the East is tougher, but Carr has proven he can hang with the big boys when he faced the NFC north last year.

Who is in your top 20 then?

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't think Witten being out for 3 months is probable. I think it's a possiblity, but he doesn't require surgery.

And I thought by now it would be apparent that Romo can work with any receiver. We've heard the same argument a few times before.
2011- No Miles Austin last year, really, he makes Laurent Robinson look phenomenal

what was the one constant while u guys got a new #2 wr ready and involved? Witten.

No Witten, to me, means no comfort/continuity and that is so pivotal to a QBs success. Witten has been Romos fail safe bail out guy. Heck, on the play Witten got injured, he was bailing Romo out. I strongly believe Romo has a really down year. I think the time Witten does miss will start a snowball of pressure. I see u guys dropping 2 or 3 of ur first 4. making the rest of the way even more important...I dunno I just see a medeocre team when I look at the Cowboys...Witten or no Witten...

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 12:09 PM
First you thought Carr was small. Now you keep saying he plays small because that obviously wasn't true. Carr is 26 years old, in his prime, and has improved every single year. I agree that it may not translate right away, but I don't think that it is becasue of some discrepency between the AFCW and the NFCE. Yes the East is tougher, but Carr has proven he can hang with the big boys when he faced the NFC north last year.

Who is in your top 20 then?
no, i always thought he played small. i didnt know u took me seriously when I said Carr was 5'8 lol that shoulda been clear after that remark. he plays like he's 5'8. sorry its just something i see from him. we'll see soon enough tho...both his ints he was actually beaten, and beaten over the top of him. on one the wr practically handed it off to carr and the other the ball was underthrown by like a good 5 yards which worked perfectly for Carr bc that was his positioning...

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
oh and i think witten misses a month at least. it will take 2 months to get back into football shape and thats best case scenario. that injury is very serious. it was partially lacerated and even if it doesnt need surgery, it needs a lot of time of doing NOTHING to heal...so u guys will be without him for 4 games min to 8 or 12 games max imho and thats if he even returns...no timetable on his return per dallas cowboys

Sundown
08-21-2012, 12:13 PM

I'll clarify my QB statement, just about any QB w a good deep ball would have completed that, Stafford, Schaub etc. Carr is a def upgrade though but nothing to fear till proven otherwise. Jenkins is a pansy and i doubt he'll be ready. You really need him healthy cause Claiborne will have his growing pains.

BigBlue1971
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM
the Giants are or inspire to be a high scoring offense and i believe they will be prolly averaging 28-29 points per game!

based on that and the fact the cowturds are hurting offensively i think the Giants win 30-13.

B&RWarrior
08-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm worried about Ware in the opener. If Beatty doesn't play then it's Dheil versus Ware- not at all what we want. I still think we have enough fire power in the passing game to beat them though.

JimC
08-21-2012, 12:22 PM

I hope all your guys are healthy and all our guys are healthy. I want to see a game with all the weapons. I want to see how our defense holds up against the best that Dallas can bring.

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM

I think there is a lifetime and a half between now and that game...

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm worried about Ware in the opener. If Beatty doesn't play then it's Dheil versus Ware- not at all what we want. I still think we have enough fire power in the passing game to beat them though.

i dnt think that is what we will do. TC made it clear that he does expect beatty back at some point. and yes lockler and dd need to be flexible. but they have kept lockler at LT for a reason. 1-tc said he has been satisfied with his play and 2-the plan is for DD to be a RT. he is not gonna cut it at LT we know that for 100% fact. moving him to LT doesnt help us really. DD and Lockler at comparable tackles at RT, but at LT DD hadnt looked as good as Lockler has. And also when beatty returns he is going straight to the LT spot. So it also wouldnt make sense to move DD to LT bc itd mess with the continuity....

so to summarize, DD isnt playing LT bc he literally can not. And bc we have two LT ahead of him, and the only probable chance for DD to play at a high level is at RT...

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 12:25 PM
I'll clarify my QB statement, just about any QB w a good deep ball would have completed that, Stafford, Schaub etc. Carr is a def upgrade though but nothing to fear till proven otherwise. Jenkins is a pansy and i doubt he'll be ready. You really need him healthy cause Claiborne will have his growing pains.

I don't kow if he's a 'pansy' as you've put it. Jenkins is an enigma to me. Well... not really. He chooses when he wants to be tough, and he chooses when he doesn't. It's like nothing I've ever seen. I've seen him shy away from tackles, but I've also seen him play with a multitude of injuries (broken arm for entire season, shoulder injury last season on top of some other stuff).

It's odd.

Claiborne will have growing pains, I agree. CB is a tough position and it will take tim for him to adjust.

Edit: Yes, a well thrown ball would have probably beaten Carr on that play. But Carr played in the same division as Rivers for some time. I don't know how much stock I put into this, but Carr's comments on the first int insinuated he felt like he was in control that whole time--probably because of his familiarity with Rivers. His burst and break on the ball backed that up as well.

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
what was the one constant while u guys got a new #2 wr ready and involved? Witten.

No Witten, to me, means no comfort/continuity and that is so pivotal to a QBs success. Witten has been Romos fail safe bail out guy. Heck, on the play Witten got injured, he was bailing Romo out. I strongly believe Romo has a really down year. I think the time Witten does miss will start a snowball of pressure. I see u guys dropping 2 or 3 of ur first 4. making the rest of the way even more important...I dunno I just see a medeocre team when I look at the Cowboys...Witten or no Witten...

Hey if that's your belief that's fine with me. I just don't think losing a receiving threat, no matter how safe or comfortable, is going to hold Romo back for an entire year.

I'm not going to act like losing Witten for some time wouldn't be a blow, but I think Romo's success with varying receiving options has spoken for itself.

GameTime
08-21-2012, 01:54 PM
my prediction is that Jerry JOnes will pick his nose at least once on TV. He will get more air time then the head coach for Dallas as well.
He will be on the sidelines when the clock hits 00:00 and his team goes 0-1

primetime
08-21-2012, 01:58 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/29mvgqu.jpg

shocknaweny
08-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Giants win 27- 17 with a David Wilson TD and 2 Hakkeem Nicks touchdowns !!!! Piere_Paul collects 3 sacks too !!!

appodictic
08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
20-3.
Our defence is scary this year. Dallas has a pretty good o-line historically, but I think this year we are going to have the big blue wrecking crew back. Osi, Tuck, and JPP are going to dominate.

Giantsfan241
08-21-2012, 02:40 PM
28-14 Cowboys - Worst Offensive Line in the league + Ware + Ratliff + Carr + Claiborne = Turnovers for Eli.

No Thomas, Prince getting thrown into facing one of two top 15 receivers = mistakes.

Just feel like it'll be a bump in the road for the Giants.

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 02:48 PM
20-3.
Our defence is scary this year. Dallas has a pretty good o-line historically, but I think this year we are going to have the big blue wrecking crew back. Osi, Tuck, and JPP are going to dominate.

Pft. If by historically you mean in the early 90s than yeah. But since then? We've been pretty average and sometimes down right awful. We'll be average this year.

yoeddy
08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/29mvgqu.jpg

"Like"

Ntegrase96
08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Giants win 27- 17 with a David Wilson TD and 2 Hakkeem Nicks touchdowns !!!! Piere_Paul collects 3 sacks too !!!

Can't wait to see the matchup between Tyron and JPP. Wouldn't doubt that JPP can get three in their first meeting, though.

BParcells777
08-21-2012, 03:34 PM
"Like"

I'd like to see a collage of Vick, Romo, Brady, and Rodgers in that same position after we dumped them

Roswell777
08-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I see Dallas as a team with an improved D (better secondary than last year, another year under Ryan's system, improved LB play) but all three of their main receiving targets will be playing hurt or out (Austin, Bryant and Witten) and the Dallas Oline will have its hands full so

NYG 20
Dal. 13

TheEnigma
08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll wait for the final injury report for that game first. Currently, they would be without Bryant, Austin, and Witten so if that was the case, I can't see the Cowboys winning a game without their 3 big receiving targets. I'm sure 2/3 of them will be ready for that Thursday Night though.

ryan12
08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
lets get through preseason not injured and then we will talk about cowboys

egyptian420
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I really can't make a prediction on score and spread and all that right now, but I think we get the win on opening night.
that's about as much as I can expect/hope for

egyptian420
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
lets get through preseason not injured and then we will talk about cowboys
+1.....for real man, I just want this preseason to end already, I'm getting flashbacks of T2's injury in last year's preseason

Sarcasman
08-21-2012, 06:25 PM
No idea. The Giants are certainly capable of laying an egg on opening night and playing inconsistently all year. They've done it many times before. I'm hopeful and cautiously optimistic for this year. That's about as far as I'm willing to go at this point.

derekunion28
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM
all i want is all the starters playing no injuries...i dont care how many cowgirls are out i em sure it will be a nail biter...jjust the way it is in the nfc east

BillTheGreek
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Martellus Bennett & Victor Cruz will run all over Dallas........It will be a tough game,. My prediction
Giants 17
Cowboys 10

rxc999
08-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Cowgirls have many guys injured...some may return week1 ...but i dont see them being that effective...cruz, bennett, nicks..and the D will be all over them.

31-14 Giants!!!!!

fansince64
08-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone!!!! First post...I'm predicting 31-13..

Captain Chaos
08-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Aren't we a little early for that; personally I would like to see them play out the rest of the pre-season before I make any bold predictions, they have a potent O.

UK-Giantsfan
08-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi everyone!!!! First post...I'm predicting 31-13..

welcome to the boards fc64

This will be a close , hard fought , typical divisional game , with plenty of mistakes and turnovers ( typical opening night football )
Giants scramble a win by a late field goal 27-24

Rat_bastich
08-23-2012, 05:08 AM
If we can outscore them and hold it then we win...if they outscore us and hold it then they win.

Yeah, I know...real genius but it is early in the morning here at work.

rcrane
08-23-2012, 05:31 AM
we are gonna rip them to shreds lol. gonna be ugly i think. Their o-line is shot to ****, romo might not make it out of the game.

miked1958
08-23-2012, 08:55 AM
That's fair. I think we will be able to protect Romo. The line is improving and the Giants will have to account for a run game with DeMarco Murray (who was largely absent for both our meetings last year).Yes Murray prior to his injury was a FORCE. was tearing up the league. AS far as protecting Romo as long as he does the quick release shorter passes he will be okay, if he stands back there to long he may be in trouble.

With that said whats your prediction? You know mostly on here we are all homers so we all will predict a Giants win. Want to hear your take on this game. I will predict a Giants win but in no way shape or form call it the way a lot of these guys are on there. A lot of them are thinking we win in a blowout. I know better then that. Tradtionally these games between us are hard fought battles to the end often coming down to a final pass or FG attempt to settle it. I am going to say its a seesaw battle and the giants come out on top with a late FG 27-24

Ntegrase96
08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Yes Murray prior to his injury was a FORCE. was tearing up the league. AS far as protecting Romo as long as he does the quick release shorter passes he will be okay, if he stands back there to long he may be in trouble.

With that said whats your prediction? You know mostly on here we are all homers so we all will predict a Giants win. Want to hear your take on this game. I will predict a Giants win but in no way shape or form call it the way a lot of these guys are on there. A lot of them are thinking we win in a blowout. I know better then that. Tradtionally these games between us are hard fought battles to the end often coming down to a final pass or FG attempt to settle it. I am going to say its a seesaw battle and the giants come out on top with a late FG 27-24

I wouldn't say you guys are mostly homers around here... although it seems like the superbowl victory has subdued objectivity with a lot of posters here. But I can't say I blame them.

Anyway. It's too hard to tell at this point. Not even really sure who is going to be in and who isn't. I would say either way it will be a close contest. If both teams are relatively healthy, I would say the Giants should be able to squeeze out a victory. They have a bit more continuity whereas Dallas has been struggling to get all of its starters on the field at once.

But I can tell you that this Cowboys team should be tougher than the ones we've seen the last few years. The defense is improved for us and the attitude of the offense has changed completely with Murray and Vickers (and to some extent, Olawale) punishing linebackers. Both Murray and Vickers are very vocal, very passionate players who are going to dish out as much punishment as they can take.

I think these games will have more of the tumultuous feel than they've had in the past.

BuffyBlueII
08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I think we will prevail over Dallas Cowboys in a very close, hard fought game. I think it will be a high scoring game and we may even have to see Eli Manning start the season off with a 4th quarter comeback in the very first game.I think every game we play against NFC East opponents are going to be very important. As much as I would like to, I just can't write Dallas Cowboys off. They have way too much talent and although he has had some gaffes in clutch moments, Tony Romo is a very very good QB.Go Big Blue!I bELIeve.

giantsfan420
08-23-2012, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't say you guys are mostly homers around here... although it seems like the superbowl victory has subdued objectivity with a lot of posters here. But I can't say I blame them.

Anyway. It's too hard to tell at this point. Not even really sure who is going to be in and who isn't. I would say either way it will be a close contest. If both teams are relatively healthy, I would say the Giants should be able to squeeze out a victory. They have a bit more continuity whereas Dallas has been struggling to get all of its starters on the field at once.

But I can tell you that this Cowboys team should be tougher than the ones we've seen the last few years. The defense is improved for us and the attitude of the offense has changed completely with Murray and Vickers (and to some extent, Olawale) punishing linebackers. Both Murray and Vickers are very vocal, very passionate players who are going to dish out as much punishment as they can take.

I think these games will have more of the tumultuous feel than they've had in the past.

i disagree. after we won it all in 07-08, we played dominant football from the get go the following season. I think we are gonna see the giants not even skip a beat and continue to play dominant football.

confidence is HUGE. every player on our roster believes in TC and in Eli. They all know what was needed day in day out to play at the level they did on their run. They all know what they have to do, and will do it. Eli is too much for ur secondary. MC is a rookie with no preseason at all (he wont do much this year, I actually HOPE JG starts him bc Nicks will burn him every play). Carr plays small and is gonna learn real quick the kind of beasts he is covering.
Also, I mentioned we have the confidence...u guys do not. all u guys have is question marks and that is the truth and it weighs in on the players...this game is gonna get ugly quick. witten or no witten. I still say 1 or 2 of the 3 (Witten, Austin, Dez) misses the game.

And ur interior OL, again, is not gonna come close to giving Romo the protection he's used to. Game is gonna be like the week 17 matchup last season.

JB456
08-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I say Giants 24 Dallas 17 with Dallas scoring a touchdown in garbage time.

Ntegrase96
08-23-2012, 01:32 PM
i disagree. after we won it all in 07-08, we played dominant football from the get go the following season. I think we are gonna see the giants not even skip a beat and continue to play dominant football.

confidence is HUGE. every player on our roster believes in TC and in Eli. They all know what was needed day in day out to play at the level they did on their run. They all know what they have to do, and will do it. Eli is too much for ur secondary. MC is a rookie with no preseason at all (he wont do much this year, I actually HOPE JG starts him bc Nicks will burn him every play). Carr plays small and is gonna learn real quick the kind of beasts he is covering.
Also, I mentioned we have the confidence...u guys do not. all u guys have is question marks and that is the truth and it weighs in on the players...this game is gonna get ugly quick. witten or no witten. I still say 1 or 2 of the 3 (Witten, Austin, Dez) misses the game.

And ur interior OL, again, is not gonna come close to giving Romo the protection he's used to. Game is gonna be like the week 17 matchup last season.

Witten most likely won't be playing that game, but I wouldn't bet on Austin or Dez missing the game-- for the most part it seems like their absense is precautionary, as all reports indicate that if they had to, they would play today.

The Giants were very dominant in 2008 for some time, but they also did it behind a 3 headed rushing attack and the best offensive line in football. Not saying they can't be dominant this season, but the Giants of 2008 and the Giants of 2012 are two very different teams on offense to base your feelings around. One offense played mistake free football and pounded the other team with their ground game into submission, the other will most likely be an air it out style of offense.

I don't think Claiborne is going to struggle as much as you may think. The guy can cover and I think he'll get a lot of over the top safety help. But we'll have to wait and see to judge that. And again with Carr... can you provide any evidence to how this guy plays small or is ineffective?

Romo isn't used to having a good line. Not sure what you mean by that. The line was pretty bad last year and he played very well.

pj18
08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Giants 27 Cowboys 17

Razur
08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
GMen 31 Cowboys 17

Laurah1275
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
the cowboys are not looking too good in pre-season. They are without wrs, their d is aging, tony romo has nascar phobia.

I think you could see a repeat of the giants/jets pre-season score- 28-3

jerry jones was right about the outcome but i think he had the teams reversed......in his defense he was talking about their home game against us, not the opening game at the met

on another topic, i really don't want to see eli and victor cruz for more than one series for the rest of the pre-season games. I'd like to see a lot more of perrilloux, but that's a double edged sword- if he plays well and does not replace carr or give coughlin reason to keep 3 qbs,he will be gone23-0 giants