PDA

View Full Version : No love for DJ WARE?

NJBLUE
08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
A lot of posts I read on here gives me the impression he is not very liked. Just wondering why. He looked good in the first preseason game. He made mistakes in the second one, but that's normal (Eli threw an interception).

Why the hate?

Rudyy
08-21-2012, 11:56 AM
He has shown me nothing to love.

yoeddy
08-21-2012, 11:58 AM
I think he will do great this season...am looking forward to a Derrick-Ward-Like year for him...

Moke
08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Eh, I like him, but I don't love him. I rather have Andre Brown if I had to pick and choose.

RagTime Blue
08-21-2012, 12:02 PM
I think the thing is that people get frustrated when coaches play "safe" players over potential homerun hitters. Everyone's seen Da'Rel Scott make exciting plays, and yet he loses playing time to someone who's never excited the fans.

I don't think we really hate DJ Ware so much as we hate seeing him get playing time over more talented players.

TC values things like ball security and pass-protection in RB's, and fans don't consider these to be as important as the ability to break a game open.

giantsfan420
08-21-2012, 12:09 PM
well the thing is, he does look better than he ever has and thats bc he said he actually spent the offseason working out and getting stronger/faster/quicker instead of his normal routine he did every offseason prior and that was basically get away from football completely.

i actually think he could have a surprisingly good year. the only thing is, I believe Brown or Wilson could have just as good if not better years.

If Wilson and Brown have a really strong showing these next two preseason games, Ware MIGHT be in danger of being waived...

Mercury
08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
He did have a pretty good first preseason game, but so did all the RBs. However, he was abysmal in the second. He went 14 yds on 11 carries, dropped an easy screen pass, and blew his assignment on STs allowing for a punt to be blocked.

Not a whole lot to love there. But I'm not wishing him off the team. I sure hope he has a better third game or he might find himself without a job soon.

thomsoad
08-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I dont dislike him...just nothing to love.
Guy is in his 6th season. He isnt bad per se...he just doesnt wow or even show flashes of brillance.
Ware is just kind of a Jack of All Trades but a Master at none.

Hakeeeem88
08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I don’t have a problem with him he’s been an average backup RB hasn’t really done anything that makes you think he’s any better than that.

GiantVibes
08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Has anyone mentioned yet that he seems consistent and knowledgeable but isn't an explosive threat?

MattMeyerBud
08-21-2012, 01:21 PM
A lot of posts I read on here gives me the impression he is not very liked. Just wondering why. He looked good in the first preseason game. He made mistakes in the second one, but that's normal (Eli threw an interception).

Why the hate?

I thought he was a waste of roster spot going into last year.

He isn't the strongest runner but proved that he could def have a place on this team in my eyes.

So far hes had a decent preseason, good first game. Second game he started hot but then completely 180'd in my opinion.

ryan12
08-21-2012, 01:40 PM
he freaking sucks cut the bum

GMan-67
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
he's just not a dynamic RB ... i thought he looked good in the 1st preseason game .... looked a little bulkier, but he took a step back last week ... i hope Wilson is practicing blitz pickup in his sleep and carrying a football around high and tight 24/7

Ware does have value though, since he does know what he is doing

Robz
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM
he's just not that good, he is average at best..i just dont see anything special to see he will be good to me

yoeddy
08-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Question...what did you guys think of Derrick Ward before the 2008 season? Or even during the 2008 season?

nhpgiantsfan
08-21-2012, 02:08 PM

Why the hate?

I love that he doesn't fumble while being tackled for a loss.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 02:15 PM
I think the thing is that people get frustrated when coaches play "safe" players over potential homerun hitters. Everyone's seen Da'Rel Scott make exciting plays, and yet he loses playing time to someone who's never excited the fans.

I don't think we really hate DJ Ware so much as we hate seeing him get playing time over more talented players.

TC values things like ball security and pass-protection in RB's, and fans don't consider these to be as important as the ability to break a game open.

Scott has trouble holding onto the ball and that's unacceptable to TC. He's still on the team which is an indication they want to see if he can develop into the player they need. Does playing "safe" mean suiting up players who will do what you ask when you ask?

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 02:16 PM
he freaking sucks cut the bum

You and Eli disagree.

qroze
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
His performance vs the Jets is worse than you could imagine.. go re-watch everything he did

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 02:32 PM
His performance vs the Jets is worse than you could imagine.. go re-watch everything he did

Neither he nor Wilson distinguished themselves against the jets

GameTime
08-21-2012, 02:52 PM
what all the "haters" seem to forget is that D Ware was the Giants #3 RB.......for a reason. He wasn't the #3 waiting in the in wings to be #2.
Now he is expected to be a legit #2 or better?? Why???? If he hasn't elevated himself by now he is and pretty much alawys will be a #3.
So if he is performing like #3 then he is as he always was......
The very fact that Giants have Wilson practicing with the 1s says exactly that.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
what all the "haters" seem to forget is that D Ware was the Giants #3 RB.......for a reason. He wasn't the #3 waiting in the in wings to be #2.
Now he is expected to be a legit #2 or better?? Why???? If he hasn't elevated himself by now he is and pretty much alawys will be a #3.
So if he is performing like #3 then he is as he always was......
The very fact that Giants have Wilson practicing with the 1s says exactly that.

Too hard for some to grasp, being OK is, well, OK sometimes.

Dwinsballgames
08-21-2012, 03:06 PM
TC will play it conservative and put the running back in there that he trusts to hold onto the ball and know the pass protection assignments to keep his franchise QB from getting the snot knocked out of him. I actually agree with this approach.

Robz
08-21-2012, 03:14 PM
David wilson worked with the 1st team O again today...

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 03:22 PM
David wilson worked with the 1st team O again today...

That was the plan all along

TroyArcher
08-21-2012, 03:32 PM

Why the hate?

If he plays like he did against the Jets he wont be around to hate.

VA#80
08-21-2012, 03:39 PM
he's been on the team for ever and has never been consistant. He can't decide whether he's a power back scatback or either. too many ?????? still.

yoeddy
08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
he's been on the team for ever and has never been consistant. He can't decide whether he's a power back scatback or either. too many ?????? still.

That probably had more to do with Bradshaw and Jacobs being the clear #1-#2 than it did about Ware...

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 03:51 PM

He's been on the team for years and they still like his upside.

GameTime
08-21-2012, 05:02 PM
how many team's #3 RB is anything more thna just OK.......

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
If he plays like he did against the Jets he wont be around to hate.

If we're going to base his coming or going on one game's performance, how about if he plays like he did in the Seahawks game two or three years ago and rand the ball successfully for more than 20 minutes??

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
how many team's #3 RB is anything more thna just OK.......

Don't you just hate logic

GameTime
08-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Don't you just hate logic

only when I dont agree with it.....LOL

wuzpapn
08-21-2012, 05:13 PM
He has shown me nothing to love.
Perfectly said.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 05:16 PM
only when I dont agree with it.....LOL

Makes perfect sense to me.

Here's what gets me. After watching this team over the last few years, is it really possible that so many still doubt the coaching staff's competence? I don't know if Ware will make the cut or no,t but Coughlin has sung his praises recently, Eli thinks he may be the best out of the backfield pass catcher, and yet the Doubting Thomas brigade all know better. Every player can't be Victor Cruz or Jason Pierre-Paul.

nycisgreat
08-21-2012, 05:26 PM

Why the hate?

Dude suffers from a serious case of the dropsies and pass protection is suspect. The guy is fast, and could potentially give us something in the ground game. But I don't think you can trust the guy with the game on the line. If he drop a couple more open passes, I could see him sliding on the depth chart.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Dude suffers from a serious case of the dropsies and pass protection is suspect. The guy is fast, and could potentially give us something in the ground game. But I don't think you can trust the guy with the game on the line. If he drop a couple more open passes, I could see him sliding on the depth chart.

Ware does not fumble the ball and every "receiver" on this team drops passes, everyone of them

GameTime
08-21-2012, 05:42 PM

Here's what gets me. After watching this team over the last few years, is it really possible that so many still doubt the coaching staff's competence? I don't know if Ware will make the cut or no,t but Coughlin has sung his praises recently, Eli thinks he may be the best out of the backfield pass catcher, and yet the Doubting Thomas brigade all know better. Every player can't be Victor Cruz or Jason Pierre-Paul.
agreed....

The coahes know whom they can rely on

NYG4lifeNYK
08-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Has anyone mentioned yet that he seems consistent and knowledgeable but isn't an explosive threat?

LOL

stupid character limit

fansince69
08-21-2012, 05:47 PM

WAIT....Are you trying to tell us that the coaching staff and front office that have won 2 super bowls in last 5 years know more than the experts on this board?......IMPOSSIBLE

jomo
08-21-2012, 05:49 PM

Why the hate?First it is not hatred, mostly just honest evaluation. Second it is borne out of much more than 2 pre-season games. Even if you haven't been watching him for several years now, many of us have. He's ordinary and maybe good enough to stick again. The coaches will make that call.

ryan12
08-21-2012, 05:58 PM
You and Eli disagree.

i dont care what eli thinks i care what rf thinks...

sharick88
08-21-2012, 06:13 PM

Why the hate?

There's nothing to hate on. Dude is a below average running back.

Hakeeeem88
08-21-2012, 06:18 PM

No one really ran well in that game it wasn't just him.

TheEnigma
08-21-2012, 06:20 PM
He's like a poor man's Benjarvus Green-Ellis. He has the fundamentals down most of the time (Jets game was horrible though) but he's only going to be a complimentary piece to an elite passing game. Bradshaw and Wilson can actually scare defenses.

Diamondring
08-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Well all teams aren't the same so we might have to see more of DJ to see where he is at. Maybe the Jets were ready to stop the Giants running game. Now we need to see where he stands in the next game.

ozzie0075
08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
At the end of the day he will make the team because Eli and the coaching trust him in the passing game and thats good enough for me.

MattMeyerBud
08-22-2012, 10:41 AM

he blew the block on the blocked punt right

MattMeyerBud
08-22-2012, 10:41 AM
He's like a poor man's Benjarvus Green-Ellis. He has the fundamentals down most of the time (Jets game was horrible though) but he's only going to be a complimentary piece to an elite passing game. Bradshaw and Wilson can actually scare defenses.

i wish he would score half the TDs the BGE scored

miked1958
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM

TC values things like ball security and pass-protection in RB's, and fans don't consider these to be as important as the ability to break a game open.You hit the nail exactly on the head which is why DJ will make the team over Da'rell. DJ will never be a STANDOUT RB or star in this league. At least not while he is with the Giants. We just dont have enough room to keep all the Backs we have and Brown/Scott simply have not shown enough to warrant cutting DJ. plus the fact that TC doesnt trust anyone but DJ/AB/Hynoski to stay in and block for Eli. so sorry to say Scott may very well be breaking off big runs for some other team someday because he wont make this team. I would keep Joe M over both of them if you ask me.

miked1958
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
wow just hit 8000 on post and didnt even realize it. wow, how time flys

yoeddy
08-22-2012, 10:53 AM
You hit the nail exactly on the head which is why DJ will make the team over Da'rell. DJ will never be a STANDOUT RB or star in this league. At least not while he is with the Giants. We just dont have enough room to keep all the Backs we have and Brown/Scott simply have not shown enough to warrant cutting DJ. plus the fact that TC doesnt trust anyone but DJ/AB/Hynoski to stay in and block for Eli. so sorry to say Scott may very well be breaking off big runs for some other team someday because he wont make this team. I would keep Joe M over both of them if you ask me.

DJ Ware has also shown to be decent at kick returning as well as being a good blocker on kick returns. He's not spectacular, but he's versatile and reliable...and while I know a lot of people here disagree with me, I think he's got good vision and strength.

CTsREVENGE
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Because he is a 27 year old RB who hasn't accomplished anything in 5 years. I'd rather see the giants cut him and bring up a young player, like maybe da'rel scott, to be 3rd string and get more reps and prepare him in case bradshaw's foot acts up again.

yoeddy
08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Because he is a 27 year old RB who hasn't accomplished anything in 5 years. I'd rather see the giants cut him and bring up a young player, like maybe da'rel scott, to be 3rd string and get more reps and prepare him in case bradshaw's foot acts up again.

I'd rather see Andre Brown than Da'rel Scott. Scott doesn't bring anything different than Bradshaw or Wilson in terms of size, strength or speed...at least Brown is a bigger, more powerful HB (similar to Ware).