PDA

View Full Version : Possible future Jacobs and Manningham back in NY

appodictic
08-21-2012, 03:33 PM
So here is a crazy though. Manningham did not have a single catch in game 2. Jacobs is hurt. What are the odds they both get cut and land back on the giants later in the season.

timmytimm3
08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
I think Jacobs will sign a 1 day deal at the end of his career and retire a Giant. Manningham is gone for good I believe.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 03:35 PM
ZERO odds...

appodictic
08-21-2012, 03:37 PM
You do not think the giants would take manningham off waivers? We have had years where we are hurting for recivers so bad stockley was on the team.

Moke
08-21-2012, 03:43 PM
1.00 odd(10char10char)

nhpgiantsfan
08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Mario Manningham is not going to get cut.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
You do not think the giants would take manningham off waivers? We have had years where we are hurting for recivers so bad stockley was on the team.

I don't, no......

Rat_bastich
08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
I think both are gone for good...until retirement as timmytim said. I think the Giants have both a replacement receiver and running back in the wings that may be even better.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 03:58 PM

I think that's right

appodictic
08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
I think that's right I dont know with 1 catch all of pre-season and 9 other guys making plays I think he could get cut.

GiantVibes
08-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Jacobs could come back to retire as a Giant. Other than that I don't see it happening.

GameTime
08-21-2012, 05:00 PM
So here is a crazy though. Manningham did not have a single catch in game 2. Jacobs is hurt. What are the odds they both get cut and land back on the giants later in the season.
why would a hurt Jacobs be better than what we have now and there is no room for Mario at this point......

miked1958
08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I dont know with 1 catch all of pre-season and 9 other guys making plays I think he could get cut.
With the kind of deal he signed, for the money they are paying him (MM i am talking about) there is no way they will just cut him unless there is and out clause in his contract where if he doesnt make the team they dont have to pay him the guaranteed money. Other then that I think he will be on that team and contribute. To expense a signing for him to be released or ride the bench.

Kind of same goes for BJ. I dont see them cutting him. He will tend to his injury and then come back and help the Niners win football games. He was doing well prior to that injury

miked1958
08-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Oh i dont see either of them ever playing for the GIants again this year or any year. We just dont Roll like that. Have you ever seen anyone that has left ever be resigned??? NO.. doenst happen.

Morehead State
08-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I think Manningham will be their #1 go to guy in SF. He's the best WR on the team.
Just one man's opinion.

Moke
08-21-2012, 05:03 PM
why would a hurt Jacobs be better than what we have now and there is no room for Mario at this point......

I can hardly pick who I want as the #3 right now.... imagine with Mario

wuzpapn
08-21-2012, 05:04 PM
The way I see it, Reese is all about giving younger guys the shot for less money. Why do you think Osi was unhappy for so long? He produced like a monster, yet Reese just didn't want to give him the bigger contract like he had stated previously.

Manningham really wasn't a great WR in my opinion. Way too many drops this past season that should of been gimmies. Jacobs possibly for retirement, but Manningham no shot in hell.

BUT BRO HE MADE DAT AWZUM CATCH IN SUPERBOWLZ 46!!!!11111

Yea I guess we should get David Tyree back also. -_-

GameTime
08-21-2012, 05:06 PM

True.....but with the group they have one will emerge. I have confidence in that. If the Giants wanted him they would have made a deal. Mario didnt want to be a #3......

wuzpapn
08-21-2012, 05:07 PM
It's hard to pick Randle, Cruz, and Nicks as starting WR's? Hmm.

If you don't think Randle will be the #3 you guys are looney toons lol. The guy was an absolute steal and is one of the most NFL ready WR's coming out of college. Imagine if Randle actually had a good QB to throw to him. Lol @ SEC QB's.

example: JaMarcus Russell (rofl)

G-G-GMen420
08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Haha he's not getting cut .. When was the last player from any team in the history of the NFL that signed a decent contract as a free agent and then proceeded to get cut and end up back on the team that same year?

Did it ever happen?

titwio
08-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm hearing AJ Jenkins their #1 draft pick is not expected to make the active roster. He'll make the 53 but looks like he won't dress often this season. Moss is still a question mark and on a one year deal.

Manningham is going nowhere.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 05:32 PM

If no one else steps up, which I doubt, Hixon will be the # 3. Yesterday he had a great practice it's been reported. They picked him to fill in for Nicks until he's ready. That means they trust him and they should.

jomo
08-21-2012, 05:33 PM
So here is a crazy though. Manningham did not have a single catch in game 2. Jacobs is hurt. What are the odds they both get cut and land back on the giants later in the season.Very good chance if Jacobs can play left tackle for us. :)

nycisgreat
08-21-2012, 05:34 PM
I think Jacobs will sign a 1 day deal at the end of his career and retire a Giant. Manningham is gone for good I believe.

I agree. Neither of those guys probably see the field in a Giants uniform again.

RoanokeFan
08-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Very good chance if Jacobs can play left tackle for us. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :biggrin:

NJGMEN10
08-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I dont know with 1 catch all of pre-season and 9 other guys making plays I think he could get cut.

crabtree has about 2 catches, moss i think has 3-4, ginn has 1 or 2....and the rookie they just drafted has 1 or 2...considering they dont play too much, have a vanilla offense, and take the starters out quickly..i dont see any sense you are making. They JUST signed him to a two year deal and think hes a great addition.

jomo
08-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Manninham is showing what he's capable of with an inferior QB.

Carter.525
08-21-2012, 05:57 PM

bingo.....

appodictic
08-21-2012, 06:06 PM
crabtree has about 2 catches, moss i think has 3-4, ginn has 1 or 2....and the rookie they just drafted has 1 or 2...considering they dont play too much, have a vanilla offense, and take the starters out quickly..i dont see any sense you are making. They JUST signed him to a two year deal and think hes a great addition. If they think he's such a great addition how come they never throw the ball at him? They made sure they threw three or four passes at moss, and there not going to bench crabtree like we won't bench baas.

As for Jacobs he has an MCL, I think there is an outside chance of him making a late season recovery, but by that time SF might offer him an injury settlement. So that was my thought process. If we lose a RB and want to make a late season push. Jacobs has played for us with MCL sprains before...

22for25
08-21-2012, 06:14 PM
And why would we want Mario or BJ back? I'll be real Mario was a idiot and BJ is washed up.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 06:27 PM
And why would we want Mario or BJ back? I'll be real Mario was a idiot and BJ is washed up.BJ is washed up? What planet are you from? He ran for 32 or 36 yds on 4 carries with SF the game prior to getting hurt. Neither of our RB's did crap last year behind our Non-moving Oline. I challenge you to find a back that could have done much more on our team last season.

DragonSoul
08-21-2012, 06:33 PM
So here is a crazy though. Manningham did not have a single catch in game 2. Jacobs is hurt. What are the odds they both get cut and land back on the giants later in the season.nty of either.

nygmen90
08-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I'd at least like to have BJ come back at the end of his career and sign a 1day contract so he can retire as a Giant.

titwio
08-21-2012, 07:08 PM
And why would we want Mario or BJ back? I'll be real Mario was a idiot and BJ is washed up.

I resent this whole comment. You do realize Mario was a big reason the Giants won a SB last year right? I'm not supporting the fact that either of these players will be back in blue, but the lack of respect Manningham gets is ridiculous. The guy came up big all through the playoffs last year and was clutch in big time situations.

Maybe you should reread your last sentence before calling someone an "idiot".

BROADWAYSTORM
08-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Manningham would not get to the Giants if he was cut. Some WR needy team like the Browns would snatch him in no time.

giantyankee1976
08-21-2012, 07:22 PM

that would be my wish...Always a Giant (Unless he goes bananas and starts to bad-mouth us and the Organization)

nhpgiantsfan
08-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Manningham would not get to the Giants if he was cut. Some WR needy team like the Browns would snatch him in no time.

100% correct

nhpgiantsfan
08-21-2012, 09:24 PM

That idiot made one of the biggest catches in Giants history. One of his two big plays in the final winning drive of the SB. Wow. Some people here just amaze me.

Flip Empty
08-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Marques Colston recorded zero catches last week - I wonder if Saints fans jumped to silly conclusions then?

Mario has had a good off-season with SF, I can't see him being cut anytime soon.

Mod_C
08-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I'd at least like to have BJ come back at the end of his career and sign a 1day contract so he can retire as a Giant.

That would be great

BigBlue1971
08-21-2012, 09:34 PM
yea i agree with a lot of posters concerning Manningham. hes got a real good chance of being the #1 guy out there.

whos better at receiving on that team? i wish 'em luck and hope he is good for them!

i can see Jacobs coming back here! he didnt want to leave.

maybe in a coupla years!

BuffyBlueII
08-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't understand folks calling BJ and MM names. They both came up big in the playoffs and will always be revered among NY Giants fans. I don't hold any animosity toward either one of them for moving on for more money and a chance to furrher their careers. At this point of his career, BJ needs a strong offensive line to block for him. San Francisco 49ers have that type of offensive line, we do not. There also was a matter of 500K that would have kept BJ here, we didn't pay him. MM may thrive more in a simpler offensive scheme such as the one they have in San Francisco. Both these guys bled NY Giant Blue and are both beloved members of the history of this organization. I wish them the best except when they play against us.

Medisleman
08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Manningham will not get cut. Jacobs may decide to retire if his injury is serious or he gets cut and then he may sign to retire a Giant.

BillTheGreek
08-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Some of us forget, with out Manningham & Jacobs we would have not won the SB......... They gave us that extra yardage when we needed it...... I don't see them coming back for any reason....... how do you think the new guys would feel, if any one of them came back.You would start a hornets nest. New guys not to worry !

P_Simms_#11
08-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Oh i dont see either of them ever playing for the GIants again this year or any year. We just dont Roll like that. Have you ever seen anyone that has left ever be resigned??? NO.. doenst happen.

Only one i can think of is Phil McConkey. But he was cut. He didn't leave on his own.

22for25
08-22-2012, 02:42 AM
That idiot made one of the biggest catches in Giants history. One of his two big plays in the final winning drive of the SB. Wow. Some people here just amaze me.Yeah how many wrong routes did he run that got the ball picked on a timing route? But I'm sure that was Eli.
I resent this whole comment. You do realize Mario was a big reason the Giants won a SB last year right? I'm not supporting the fact that either of these players will be back in blue, but the lack of respect Manningham gets is ridiculous. The guy came up big all through the playoffs last year and was clutch in big time situations.Maybe you should reread your last sentence before calling someone an "idiot".David Tyree was a big reason we won in '07, now where is he? Thanks.

Rat_bastich
08-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Only one i can think of is Phil McConkey. But he was cut. He didn't leave on his own.

Don't forget Kent Graham. He went to Detroit and Arizona and probably a host of other places before coming back.

Redeyejedi
08-22-2012, 03:16 AM

If you don't think Randle will be the #3 you guys are looney toons lol. The guy was an absolute steal and is one of the most NFL ready WR's coming out of college. Imagine if Randle actually had a good QB to throw to him. Lol @ SEC QB's.

You do Realize Eli Manning is an SEC QB right. So is his brother

B-Red22
08-22-2012, 07:30 AM

Ya but who says he gets cut??

B-Red22
08-22-2012, 07:36 AM
If they think he's such a great addition how come they never throw the ball at him? They made sure they threw three or four passes at moss, and there not going to bench crabtree like we won't bench baas.

As for Jacobs he has an MCL, I think there is an outside chance of him making a late season recovery, but by that time SF might offer him an injury settlement. So that was my thought process. If we lose a RB and want to make a late season push. Jacobs has played for us with MCL sprains before...

dude just stop, they are not coming back

B-Red22
08-22-2012, 07:39 AM

You do Realize Eli Manning is an SEC QB right. So is his brother

haha nice, FAIL

fansince69
08-22-2012, 08:09 AM
dude just stop, they are not coming back

this.............

Morehead State
08-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah how many wrong routes did he run that got the ball picked on a timing route? But I'm sure that was Eli. David Tyree was a big reason we won in '07, now where is he? Thanks.
I'm thinking that you're Giggles!

nhpgiantsfan
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah how many wrong routes did he run that got the ball picked on a timing route? But I'm sure that was Eli. David Tyree was a big reason we won in '07, now where is he? Thanks.

Nobody here is responding to your post by saying he is a great receiver. We are simply defending the fact that 8 months after he played a huge role in winning us a SB, you are on here calling him an idiot. Just remember the fact that he is a huge reason you got to enjoy watching your team celebrate a championship, and wish him luck in his future. That's all.

nycisgreat
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM

I am assuming BJ played as o-linemen too. The guy can't create holes to run through by himself. O-line has been progressively getting bad each year. I hope the changes made to the o-line this off season turn out for the best, which I do believe. You know it usually hard jamming big objects into a small hole. No pun intended.

AB did just as bad as Jacobs last regular season. I feel some people just hate on other if they are out spoke. BJ gets a bad rap sometimes. I think next season may be AB last with the Giants. The guy's ankles are shot.

P_Simms_#11
08-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Don't forget Kent Graham. He went to Detroit and Arizona and probably a host of other places before coming back.

Thanks for refreshing my memory!

22for25
08-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Wow you guys sure are testy. In my opinion the guy is an idiot and BJ stopped running hard in '08. Don't get me wrong he had a nice catch but a lot of guys make one nice catch in their career so let's not let that wipe away the fact he never really became more then a #3 WR.

Toadofsteel
08-23-2012, 01:54 AM
BJ will retire as a giant. MAYBE if the stars align and he gets cut (lets face it, lot of depth at RB on SF), Bradshaw gets hurt, and we need another RB to make a last-minute push towards the end of the season. But that's very unlikely for the stars to align like that.

Manningham is gone for good. As much as he sucked in our offense (which requires on the fly adjustments to precise route running), he's the best the 49ers have right now. Moss is way more of a washout than Jacobs could ever hope to be, Crabtree is nothing, and Jenkins is unproven.

We're not the first team to have to deal with this. Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. Hell look at Peyton and the whole thing with the broncos. We can move on too, without losing the memories of the past.

Rat_bastich
08-23-2012, 02:33 AM
BJ will retire as a giant. MAYBE if the stars align and he gets cut (lets face it, lot of depth at RB on SF), Bradshaw gets hurt, and we need another RB to make a last-minute push towards the end of the season. But that's very unlikely for the stars to align like that.

Manningham is gone for good. As much as he sucked in our offense (which requires on the fly adjustments to precise route running), he's the best the 49ers have right now. Moss is way more of a washout than Jacobs could ever hope to be, Crabtree is nothing, and Jenkins is unproven.

We're not the first team to have to deal with this. Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. Hell look at Peyton and the whole thing with the broncos. We can move on too, without losing the memories of the past.

Actually Moss looked pretty good and I still think he can be their number one or two. Davis though is their main guy from the Tight End spot and will probably still have the load in catches. Crabtree isn't all that bad but he definitely hasn't lived up to the hype coming out of college. Manningham probably qualifies as their number three even though Gore will probably get more receptions than him.

GMan-67
08-23-2012, 02:40 AM
for a SB 46 reunion parade?

it does crack me up that they list them as KEY ADDITIONS, yet they don't list many of our additions

titwio
08-23-2012, 04:04 AM
David Tyree was a big reason we won in '07, now where is he? Thanks.

Yeah...so? This has nothing to do with what I said. Are you bashing David Tyree and calling him an idiot? If so I'll respond accordingly to your comment....Your welcome.

Giants5699
08-23-2012, 10:07 AM

The SEC has had some pretty great QB's actually...
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Cam Newton
Matthew Stafford
4 top 8 guys right there...

Tim Tebow was the greatest college player ever
Archie Manning (hell of a player playing on the worst team ever)

The SEC has put out a lot of great QB talent.

davepc
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
quality post, OP

BParcells777
08-23-2012, 11:19 AM
No one ever returns to the Giants..........Its like Hotel Califonia, you can check in but you can never check out

GameTime
08-23-2012, 11:23 AM
No one ever returns to the Giants..........Its like Hotel Califonia, you can check in but you can never check out
those two sentences make no sense......
It would be you cant check "back" in.....

I bet most players who leave their orig team never go back......
BTW....Carr left and came back.

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 12:00 PM
those two sentences make no sense......
It would be you cant check "back" in.....

I bet most players who leave their orig team never go back......
BTW....Carr left and came back.
I think his mind was Tiffany twisted when he typed that.

BlueReign
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
MM will not get cut and BJ will not be a Giant again until he retires.

EJ Blue
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
no no no no no no

no

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 01:42 PM
no no no no no no

no
So you're sayin' there's a chance!

DownWitJPP
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
So you're sayin' there's a chance!