PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Let me start by saying, I am fairly new to football period! I'm 36 yrs old and hated football my whole life. But that all changed during playoffs last year. I watched the Giants vs. San Fran during the playoffs with my cousin and I was HOOKED! I completely fell in love with the Giants. I don't know what happened, but I am now an NFL (Giants) *****! I can't get enough and I love Eli ! I'm so happy to finally be here. I admit I am a Big Blue homer and no matter what happens this year and beyond, I will ALWAYS support my team. I love each and every one of you who make this wonderful place where Giants fans can come together and interact possible, thank you!

As I said, I love Big Blue so much I had to share on Facebook this message: No hazing involved. I mean really, if this is all sportscasters have to talk about concerning the SuperBowl champs during the entire off-season, pre-season, then we are even more awesome than I originally thought! Stop fishing for dirt, you won't find none here. Giants can do no wrong! He probably had a fever from the team being so hot! ;)

Let's go Big Blue! THIS IS OUR YEAR!

Moke
08-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh, you're a Giants *****? you say Laurah? OHHHHHHHH

Welcome! Glad to have added another member to the Giants fanhood!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Hey Moke, so happy to meet you. Now, when you say *****, you have to say *****! because it's that serious. I absolutely ADORE this team! ;)Well what do we have here? I hope we arent being infiltrated by an undercover spy from another team. It states your join date as May, why no posting prior? HMMMMMMM?:confused:

Giantsin04
08-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Liar. Fake.

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I assure you, the only infiltration going on is Eli's infiltration through my very soul, but I understand your doubts. I was trying to understand the game more before posting, but couldn't wait another moment. You'll be seeing me around her alot more. Nice to meet you to FIFTY6G-MAN. ;)

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Liar?...Fake?...WOW! So nice to meet you to Giantsin04. I understand and love you anyway for being a Giants fan, but you have absolutely no idea how wrong you are. I hope to enjoy this winning season with you....Let's go Big Blue!

derekunion28
08-21-2012, 08:40 PM
welcome ..hope you are true and not faking ...one thing that caught me as odd is you are new to football butt know the term homer.......gl here on the boards

DownWitJPP
08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I get where some of u guys are coming from, but give her a break until proven otherwise. welcome to the boards Laurah

ashleymarie
08-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Welcome. :o

NyGiantsfan75
08-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Hello and welcome to the boards. I hope you stick around. Go Giants!

Giantz4Life
08-21-2012, 08:50 PM
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/mansionslippers/notsureif.jpg

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey derekunion28, so happy to meet you too! I have to admit I was trolling on here for a while, before posting, trying to learn the game and getting a feel for the Big Blue fans before posting, that's how I learned about homers. But I am definitely one of them, and not ashamed to say so. Every fan had to start somewhere right? ;)

Medisleman
08-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Welcome Laurah, looking forward to a great season watching Big Blue win Big!!!! Have fun on the boards. Lots of great discussion here.

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=DownWitJPP;454688]I get where some of u guys are coming from, but give her a break until proven otherwise. welcome to the boards Laurah[Thank you so much DownWitJPP, for the keeping it real welcome ;)
/QUOTE]

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Ha ha Giantz4Life, but it's all good, I get it...I guess according to some people time will tell all...Let's go Big Blue!

Giantz4Life
08-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Ha ha Giantz4Life, but it's all good, I get it...I guess according to some people time will tell all...Let's go Big Blue!

I'm just bein playful. Welcome to the boards!

Laurah1275
08-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm just bein playful. Welcome to the boards!Thank you, I feel very welcome...so nice to see so many people being protective of their team..;)

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
What the heck is going on with this thread?? Someone has been drinking the kool-aid. Good thing this is the internet or I might have tried some of what Laurah has been drinking. LMAO.

FBomb
08-21-2012, 09:54 PM
hmmmm.........I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Most of the women in my life were not football fans until they met me. Now they are all Giants fans. So welcome.

The best advice I can give you is I am always right and anyone that even remotely disagrees with me is to be ridiculed mecilessly. No insult is out of bounds or over the line.

jomo
08-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Let me start by saying, I am fairly new to football period! I'm 36 yrs old and hated football my whole life. But that all changed during playoffs last year. I watched the Giants vs. San Fran during the playoffs with my cousin and I was HOOKED! I completely fell in love with the Giants. I don't know what happened, but I am now an NFL (Giants) *****! I can't get enough and I love Eli ! I'm so happy to finally be here. I admit I am a Big Blue homer and no matter what happens this year and beyond, I will ALWAYS support my team. I love each and every one of you who make this wonderful place where Giants fans can come together and interact possible, thank you!

As I said, I love Big Blue so much I had to share on Facebook this message: No hazing involved. I mean really, if this is all sportscasters have to talk about concerning the SuperBowl champs during the entire off-season, pre-season, then we are even more awesome than I originally thought! Stop fishing for dirt, you won't find none here. Giants can do no wrong! He probably had a fever from the team being so hot! ;)

Let's go Big Blue! THIS IS OUR YEAR!Nice start, if you keep this up you will be off probation quickly. It took me 3 years to do that and FBomb is still on probation as far as I know. :D

FBomb
08-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Nice start, if you keep this up you will be off probation quickly. It took me 3 years to do that and FBomb is still on probation as far as I know. :D

Ha!! That's where you are wrong. I have had you on double secret probabtion for months now. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
hmmmm.........I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Most of the women in my life were not football fans until they met me. Now they are all Giants fans. So welcome.

The best advice I can give you is I am always right and anyone that even remotely disagrees with me is to be ridiculed mecilessly. No insult is out of bounds or over the line.So you are always right???? I believe Websters' Dictionary might have something to say about that? LMAO

Giantsin04
08-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Liar?...Fake?...WOW! So nice to meet you to Giantsin04. I understand and love you anyway for being a Giants fan, but you have absolutely no idea how wrong you are. I hope to enjoy this winning season with you....Let's go Big Blue!

If I'm wrong, than I'm sorry. But, humans don't sound like you. Especially on the internet.

FBomb
08-21-2012, 10:33 PM
So you are always right???? I believe Websters' Dictionary might have something to say about that? LMAO

Blasphemer!!! You dare point out MY typos??!!! You will pay dearly!!!

gumby74
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
lol. troll or no troll, cut her some slack.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Blasphemer!!! You dare point out MY typos??!!! You will pay dearly!!!Fine but "No Soup For You!!"

nygmen90
08-21-2012, 10:46 PM
welcome to the boards :D

derekunion28
08-21-2012, 11:28 PM
ok ..... she gets a pass for now even tho we didnt see a pic....... hope to have some laughs wit ya hun......lol

giantyankee1976
08-22-2012, 12:09 AM
welcome....I think.

tikiandphil
08-22-2012, 06:02 AM
No matter what, it is refreshing to see someone use "hooked" and "*****" in the same paragraph. Welcome and thank you.

SweetZombieJesus
08-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome. My story is somewhat similar to yours -- the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup between the Giants and 49ers. I was in college and didn't pay much attention to football but this game gripped the nation and the professor let us out early to watch it -- both teams were undefeated 2 weeks prior and SF was 2x defending champs. Look into it, it was a titanic game which the Giants lost... But they showed such fight and character in that loss I was hooked.

I can only warn you your level of obsession can only go up. I used to be able to compartmentalize the games into Sundays and maybe a little hype leading into the weekend; the 2007 run changed that and now I'm thinking about it pretty much every day even in the offseason.

jomo
08-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Ha!! That's where you are wrong. I have had you on double secret probabtion for months now. Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.Well sir, I am not fat! lol

GCGiant
08-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Beware! Often times when they smell fresh blood they frenzy!! Never travel alone! Watch your back!! Try to be off the streets by midnight!!

Now...don't say you were never warned...and hopefully nobody will ever have to come identify you.