PDA

View Full Version : Why not Barden ?

mcillo
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Instead of putting Beckum wide left on the 2nd fade attempt ( 1st half ) why not put Barden into that position.He`s definitely shown some ball skills.You `d think they`d be grooming this guy for next year.

nihan87
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Instead of putting Beckum wide left on the 2nd fade attempt ( 1st half ) why not put Barden into that position.He`s definitely shown some ball skills.You `d think they`d be grooming this guy for next year.</P>

</P>

Not sure why they ran basically the same play twice in a row, but hey whatever works. Barden I do think would have made that catch. </P>

gmen0820
12-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Because Barden would have needed 6 seconds to run 5-8 yards.

Raptor22
12-12-2011, 02:08 PM

Ramses Barden, not Ballard.

Barden is faster than Beckum (4.5 40, as opposed to 4.6). He's also more physical.

Pteryx
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).

giantsforce
12-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).Beckum and NFL pro in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

mcillo
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least). I agree it was there and he mis-timed it, not much of a jump, Barden has basketball skills.
You can argue play selections, but personel is a different story, esp. with the question of who steps up if MM isn`t here next year.

ebick
12-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I personally think that they have gone to that well too often (that Super Bowl winning fade pass play to the corner).

Roosevelt
12-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I personally think that they have gone to that well too often (that Super Bowl winning fade pass play to the corner).

No doubt.

And yes I would have liked to see Barden too right there.

gmen0820
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM

Barden is faster than Beckum (4.5 40, as opposed to 4.6). He's also more physical.
I know it's Barden. Whenever I watch him, all I notice is how slow he is. I personally like Beckum's pad speed more, I feel it looks much smoother.

GMENAGAIN
12-12-2011, 03:58 PM

</P>

When has Barden showed that he is physical??</P>

mcillo
12-12-2011, 05:20 PM

</P>

When has Barden showed that he is physical??</P> With his limited opportunities see vs. NE Pats this year and vs. Dallas last year.

oldgiantfan
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM

If they didn't call the fade then it would've been an inside draw. Take your choice.

Manstache
12-12-2011, 05:28 PM

and he's also 6'6, not 6'3 like beckum.

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Beckum should have had that ball too, he misread it and hesitated, and then mistimed his jump. Not a mistake I expect from an NFL pro. He should study some game footage of Larry Fitzgerald and see how to go up for a ball. (Not saying it's an easy catch, but he could have gotten hands on it at least).</P>

Beckum is not and will never be Larry Fitzgerald, he's a TE that can't block so they are seeing if he can do anything else, I agree Barden should have gotten a shot over Beckum in that situation.</P>

AntB
12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Yea even the first one; I think Barden is taller than Manninninngham. Was Plax much taller than Barden?

AntB
12-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Beckum might have to go back to soccer next year.