PDA

View Full Version : Michael Boley had a setback

TheAnalyst
08-22-2012, 10:21 AM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Giants linebacker Michael Boley (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8574/michael-boley) tried to do some light running at the beginning of Tuesday's practice, but quickly had to shut it down after experiencing pain in his injured hamstring.

"I felt like it was getting a little better, but tried running a little bit today, and still not where I need to be," said Boley.

Boley has missed both of the team's preseason games thus far, and don't expect to see him on Friday night against the Chicago Bears (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bears), either.

"Very concerned," said Boley, when asked about his injury. "This is valuable time that Iím missing."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16108/injury-report-boley-has-setback

giantsfan420
08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
is a great thing we got rivers...i am not expecting much of a drop off...boley was never the best run supporter.he was just extremely athletic and can play the pass very well and can help vs the run. i see rivers having a similar skill set...

TheAnalyst
08-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Boley played GREAT for us last season. I see a drop off. Rivers needs to step it up and have a career year, which I could see him doing.

giantsfan420
08-22-2012, 10:30 AM
oh i agree boley was awesome. but he didnt give us something that rivers cant imho. rivers is prob even more athletic and faster than boley...rivers has looked great at times in his career. i really think playing behind this DL, combined with his unique talents, Rivers could have a stand out year for any LB. It will also be good bc Boley will have a lil competition pushing his play...

miked1958
08-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Presents a problem if he is not ready when the season starts. We would need to put him on PUP list and keep someone we would not have kept on the 53 which means when he is ready someone that may be doing well beside Rivers (cause he and Boley were both going to make team anyway) like Masseau or another LB will have to be let go to make room for Boley if say he is ready to come back by 4 or 5week for an example

TheAnalyst
08-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Presents a problem if he is not ready when the season starts. We would need to put him on PUP list and keep someone we would not have kept on the 53 which means when he is ready someone that may be doing well beside Rivers (cause he and Boley were both going to make team anyway) like Masseau or another LB will have to be let go to make room for Boley if say he is ready to come back by 4 or 5week for an example

I think Muasau may still be a bit too raw, but I love what he could bring to the table. He has amazing speed for a LB. Hopefully Jauquian Williams will be good to go and stay healthy, and him, Kiwi, Blackburn and Rivers will get most the playing time if Boley is PEPed.
right now I see our LBs as:

Boley - Blackburn - Kiwi
Williams - Herzlich - Rivers
Muasau - Jones - Paysinger

Most likely at least 2 of those guys arent making the 53.

GameTime
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
hamstrings suck. Need Boley at 110%. Rest his *** and put him in the PUP if necessary.......

giantsfan420
08-22-2012, 10:53 AM
remember he had that hammy issue last season too...it took 3-4 weeks to get healthy IIRC. So we're going to be missing Boley for a bit. But again, we got Rivers (JR looks like a genius on that move) so thats not an issue.
My issue is we are still missing Canty and I havent heard one positive thing bout his rehab yet...

JimC
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM

Unless the rules have changed, Boley is not eligible to go on the PUP.

Buddy333
08-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Not good to hear considering he has been nursing this injury for a while. Last year when his hamstring was injured it took him a few weeks to come back. He's has a few weeks at least to rest it up. Hopefullynancouple more weeks does the trick.

repeatchamps
08-22-2012, 12:39 PM
I think Muasau may still be a bit too raw, but I love what he could bring to the table. He has amazing speed for a LB. Hopefully Jauquian Williams will be good to go and stay healthy, and him, Kiwi, Blackburn and Rivers will get most the playing time if Boley is PEPed.
right now I see our LBs as:

Boley - Blackburn - Kiwi
Williams - Herzlich - Rivers
Muasau - Jones - Paysinger

Most likely at least 2 of those guys arent making the 53.

Disagree. The Giants carried that many LB's last year, 10 if you include Deossie.

mdavidson
08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I for one am very nervous by Boley's setback, this was a different team when he stepped back onto the field last year and while they have solidified the LB core in the off-season I want Boley on the field. To me this is the most serious training camp injury.

TheAnalyst
08-22-2012, 05:16 PM
I for one am very nervous by Boley's setback, this was a different team when he stepped back onto the field last year and while they have solidified the LB core in the off-season I want Boley on the field. To me this is the most serious training camp injury.

didnt our 4 game losing streak coincide with Boley out last year?

giantsfan420
08-22-2012, 05:44 PM
didnt our 4 game losing streak coincide with Boley out last year?

which is why i think JR went after rivers...

RoanokeFan
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Boley played GREAT for us last season. I see a drop off. Rivers needs to step it up and have a career year, which I could see him doing.

Rivers has been playing well in pre-season

Captain Chaos
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
is a great thing we got rivers...i am not expecting much of a drop off...boley was never the best run supporter.he was just extremely athletic and can play the pass very well and can help vs the run. i see rivers having a similar skill set...

Ditto! I think we are lucky, I hope he can make it back in a few weeks, anyone here how long this could linger?

Marvelousmik
08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Boley had 93 tackles last year and he missed like 3 games. He was also our signal caller. He is our best linebacker on the roster. Boley, Jpp, Webster and KP are the most consistent players on our defense. If any of them are out it will hurt our team dramatically. I home Rivers lives up to the hype that everyone here is making him out to be

giantsfan420
08-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Ditto! I think we are lucky, I hope he can make it back in a few weeks, anyone here how long this could linger?

sounds like a few weeks at least...if rivers steps up and plays to his potential, boley will have to start over kiwi or just be depth...