PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin and Beatty

BabyBull2
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think that TC, as an old school guy, is beginning to lose patience with Will Beatty. I think that TC thinks he could suck it up and play. That he is just soft.

Perhaps it's because out of uniform Beatty looks like a research scientist.

Buddy333
08-22-2012, 10:16 AM
He has a back problem. You don't just try to work through it. TC has to be patient because he has no other choice.

timmytimm3
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
You don't just play through a back injury and tough it out. Ask Shawn Andrews.

RedskinHater
08-22-2012, 11:26 AM
As a certifiable old fart I can tell you that back pain is NO FUN. It literally takes your breath away ---if you even move the wrong way. I have had broken
bones out the wazoo and they do not come close to bad back pain !

jomo
08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think that TC, as an old school guy, is beginning to lose patience with Will Beatty. I think that TC thinks he could suck it up and play. That he is just soft.

Perhaps it's because out of uniform Beatty looks like a research scientist.Worse, he plays with the tenacity of a research scientist........with all due respect to the research scientists on these boards. lol

GameTime
08-22-2012, 11:37 AM
chronic back injuries and LT dont mix. Beaty will always have an issue........

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
08-22-2012, 11:38 AM
As a coach he knows the O-Line needs to play together to gain chemistry. However u cant do it when you LT of the "future" is always hurt.

I think next year they need to address the o-line with blue chip players. You have an elite QB in the prime of his career, u need to protect him!! Look at that INT Eli threw against the Jets...it's bc he was shying away from the hit (which is great in a pre-season game) u dont want old habits to return. I got alot of respect for Eli that dude took a beating in SF...I dont wanna see that kinda **** again.

luni
08-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I hope that we get Kareem McKenzie to come back but I am sure he is not in football shape.

JesseJames
08-22-2012, 04:50 PM
chronic back injuries and LT dont mix. Beaty will always have an issue........
I agree and think the team is still in the hunt for a LT and more than likely we'll have to tough it out this season with Locklear unless we're able to pickup some help in the cuts that are coming up but thats not likely. Even if we have to draft the guy we need he probably won't start for a year or so...

Captain Chaos
08-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Petgrue had a similar issue that he managed through for awhile; what's Brewer looking like?

jomo
08-22-2012, 08:50 PM
William Beatty =
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScJpjNzaIoYwYH93jKxgXhP_n2qTS9Y C8zeIUUygnP9uYie5y0_Q

BROADWAYSTORM
08-22-2012, 09:01 PM
I had back pain for almost a year every single day. It really sucks. And just when you think you got better, one false movement and it is back to messing with that sciatic nerve. It is a real problem unless you have surgery which can make it better or worse. Now if you can handle the pain great. I found that putting on harnesses that squeeze your torso does help. Losing weight helps to put less stress on the back. But playing football with a bad back in my opinion pretty much means career over unless you are a beast with handling pain.

Rod-Diggity
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM
I honestly think should just part ways with him...the guy can never get on the field and when he was starting last yr he wasn't even good. I really don't see the upside with him, it just seems like he's a waste of time. They should just cut ties and give locklear, brewster, or peitrus a shot enough is enough with this guy.

RoanokeFan
08-22-2012, 09:25 PM

Perhaps it's because out of uniform Beatty looks like a research scientist.

TC wants the team to win and he wants to put them in the b est position he can to make that happen. When a key player is out of action he wants them to get back but not at the risk of making things worse.

Rat_bastich
08-23-2012, 01:28 AM
I hope that we get Kareem McKenzie to come back but I am sure he is not in football shape.

Not sure he was ever in football shape.

GMan-67
08-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Petgrue had a similar issue that he managed through for awhile; what's Brewer looking like?

ha, Luke Petitgout?

anyway, yeah it's dissapointing with Beatty ... LT is such an important position and he seems to be not getting it done on or off the field

GameTime
08-23-2012, 08:59 AM
I agree and think the team is still in the hunt for a LT and more than likely we'll have to tough it out this season with Locklear unless we're able to pickup some help in the cuts that are coming up but thats not likely. Even if we have to draft the guy we need he probably won't start for a year or so...
maybe and hopefully Locklear will surprise. He was a starter for a few years in the NFL. I am sure has some good technique.

RagTime Blue
08-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Not sure if this is the last year of Beatty's contract.

I've always been a supporter of his, but I have to admit that even when he's healthy, there's major holes in his game.

baywest
09-18-2012, 10:28 PM
now what you got to say. Beatty a top tackle look who he can deal jpp and osi. who else on the team can deal with them. Mr don't know what your talking about. You can't put someone green on our line. It's to complicated.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
I honestly think should just part ways with him...the guy can never get on the field and when he was starting last yr he wasn't even good. I really don't see the upside with him, it just seems like he's a waste of time. They should just cut ties and give locklear, brewster, or peitrus a shot enough is enough with this guy. Beatty was doing well until he had the detached retina. He will be LT and Locklear RT with Diehl out for several weeks. Petrus is not an upgrade at either tackle spot. Cordle did a good job against Tampa as well. No sacks recorded. That's a positive sign.

Dwinsballgames
09-18-2012, 11:57 PM

then why would you hope we get him back?

B-Red22
09-19-2012, 07:21 AM
now what you got to say. Beatty a top tackle look who he can deal jpp and osi. who else on the team can deal with them. Mr don't know what your talking about. You can't put someone green on our line. It's to complicated.

Beatty has been back at LT for not even a complete game, pump the brakes dude.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 07:39 AM
maybe and hopefully Locklear will surprise. He was a starter for a few years in the NFL. I am sure has some good technique.

He must, he was rated # 11 in protection last season

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 07:42 AM
As a certifiable old fart I can tell you that back pain is NO FUN. It literally takes your breath away ---if you even move the wrong way. I have had broken
bones out the wazoo and they do not come close to bad back pain !

Unfortunately I have to agree.

Having said that, no matter what the issue, Beatty is becoming a bust imo.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Is this a joke?
McKenzie was AWFUL last year! Too old and too slow to be of any use to us. We milked him til he was bone dry.
Hate to say it but there are players on practice squads with more upside and ability then McKenzie now.

JesseJames
09-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I know most people will disagree with me on this but I hope Reese does whatever he has to do to get a highly rated O linemen in next years draft and if that means moving up to get him then do it...

GMENAGAIN
09-19-2012, 10:50 AM

Erruh, huh?

moosedrool
09-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately I have to agree.

Having said that, no matter what the issue, Beatty is becoming a bust imo.

Beatty played great last week. What game did you watch? And he was playing good last year too before the detached retina. He's not even close to being a bust.

njersey
09-19-2012, 01:16 PM

Who are you talking to?

ryan12
09-19-2012, 01:42 PM
He has a back problem. You don't just try to work through it. TC has to be patient because he has no other choice.

yup cuz after the dropped td and 2 false starts tc would have benched him but we have no alt at this point

Dwinsballgames
09-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Who are you talking to?

does it really matter?

ryan12
09-19-2012, 01:52 PM
FIGHT FIGHT

baywest
09-20-2012, 04:35 AM
First of his not a tight end and second that was his first game since last Nov. You notice the things wrong but did you know Eli pass 51 times in that game and no sacks with Beatty in. An NFL record. Also did you see him have Claiborne on the ground all night, You know nothing about football. Beatty had a great game after the two offsides.

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 05:26 AM
FIGHT FIGHT

There probably would be if anyone knew what was going on after the last page. ....

Kruunch
09-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Beatty played great last week. What game did you watch? And he was playing good last year too before the detached retina. He's not even close to being a bust.

4th year high draft pick with a handful of starts and an injury history?

What do you call him? A hall of famer?

P.S. - We had the worst running game in the league last year, which only picked up after Beatty went out on injury.