PDA

View Full Version : Commissioner and Dez Bryant

mdavidson
08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know when the commissioner will make a decision on the Dez Bryant assault case? Does he have to do before the season starts?

njg85m
08-22-2012, 12:57 PM
I've been wondering this too. It's a bit strange because the only news I am seeing about him is about his injured knee, not the incident with his mother.

Last I heard about it, she wasn't pressing charges. I would have bet my life that he would have faced a 4 game suspension...

BergenCountyJC
08-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I've been wondering this too. It's a bit strange because the only news I am seeing about him is about his injured knee, not the incident with his mother.

Last I heard about it, she wasn't pressing charges. I would have bet my life that he would have faced a 4 game suspension... Dez probably promised her a new house to hush up.

giantsfan420
08-22-2012, 01:19 PM
it doesnt matter if the mom drops charges. its a civil matter and the DA had enough evidence to charge him. they knew she was his mom and would likely want to drop charges, all moms do a few days after an incident like this.
the da hasnt dropped it and they have to be careful bc if they do ppl will say its favoritism...i say he gets suspended for 2 games in the end...

VegasGmen
08-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Dez probably promised her a new house to hush up.
I doubt it! He probably just gave her a few hundred so she wouldn't have to hang out on the street corner offering BJ's for $20.

mdavidson
08-22-2012, 01:31 PM

Last I heard about it, she wasn't pressing charges. I would have bet my life that he would have faced a 4 game suspension...

True, but the code of conduct does not necessarily parallel any criminal outcome. Even if Bryant is not charged, the commissioner can still fine and or suspend. lets hope, the guy is such a loose canon.

Ntegrase96
08-22-2012, 02:30 PM
The DA is still determining whether or not the charges will be dropped, but the commissioner has punished for less.

I don't see Bryant being convicted of anything. Angela Bryant doesn't want to pursue this and there was no real signs of physical trauma the night that she reported being 'beaten up'-- which later she also ammended to 'he knocked my hands forcefully away'.

I think GF420 is probably the closest with 2 games, but I think that would be a maximum seeing how this is Dez Bryant's first real offense.

The Cowboys have him going through counseling, but I think punishment should be in order for Bryant's sake. Whether you guys believe it or not Bryant is not a bad guy. He doesn't even have bad character. He's a man child with no real concept of discipline or responsibility because of his past. His background really is a sad situation, but overall he's not disrespectful or malicious or really anywhere close to what the media wants you to believe.

njg85m
08-22-2012, 05:09 PM
True, but the code of conduct does not necessarily parallel any criminal outcome. Even if Bryant is not charged, the commissioner can still fine and or suspend. lets hope, the guy is such a loose canon.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at (I.E Rapeistberger). I guess, I'm saying it's just weird how there is literally zero coverage whatsoever on what the league is doing about this because I agree, Goodell is not gonna let this go unpunished.

Ntegrase96
08-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at (I.E Rapeistberger). I guess, I'm saying it's just weird how there is literally zero coverage whatsoever on what the league is doing about this because I agree, Goodell is not gonna let this go unpunished.

It's odd with regard to the fact that there is a Dallas Cowboy in possible trouble and it isn't being reported. However, Adrian Peterson was arrested. 7 Lions' arrests. Blackmon's DUI, and god know how many others.

The Commish has been quiet about all of the incidents this offseason.