PDA

View Full Version : Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat?

Come on guys really!!!

EDIT: Apparently Collin Cowherd was blowing smoke lol. Either way they need to stop it!

Edit #2 : Apparently this thread may have been correct based on Cowherds statements if you read my updated post on page 5...

qndarius3
12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Nicks and Cruz are both over 1k...Relax

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat? Come on guys really!!!</P>

Definately NOT. We are ranked 15th, no where near last year's debaucle.</P>

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&amp;range=NFL&amp;rank=232</P>

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat? Come on guys really!!!</P>

Definately NOT.* We are ranked 15th, no where near last year's debaucle.</P>

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232</P>Apparently Collin Cowherd was blowing smoke lol. Either way they need to stop it!

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
and i was just commenting in another thread where some guys were saying they don't mind the drops so much.</P>

if you're jumping for a ball or reaching behind, or picking one off your shoelaces or you can only get one hand on it, i understand if you drop the ball.</P>

but i'd trade every circus catch we've had this year tocomplete all the drops on passes that have hit guys in both hands with both feet on the ground.</P>

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
and i was just commenting in another thread where some guys were saying they don't mind the drops so much.</P>

if you're jumping for a ball or reaching behind, or picking one off your shoelaces or you can only get one hand on it, i understand if you drop the ball.</P>

but i'd trade every circus catch we've had this year to*complete all the drops on passes that have* hit guys in both hands with both feet on the ground.</P>Is this not 2 straight starts for manningham and he dropped a TD in back to back games? Or fairly close 2 it.

I can even handle an occasional drop, like the 1st one ballard had a few games ago, but in general I agree with you, they need to be caught, cause that can cost us as much as the defense not showing up.

Mr Excitement
12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
that was a beautiful pass from Eli to Manningham...how he dropped it Ill never know...but its probably a good thing he did..

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
that was a beautiful pass from Eli to Manningham...how he dropped it Ill never know...but its probably a good thing he did..
sad thats true, but not the point, but so very true, but not the point but again true, damn this loop...

CDN_G-FAN
12-12-2011, 02:38 PM

but i'd trade every circus catch we've had this year tocomplete all the drops on passes that have hit guys in both hands with both feet on the ground.</P>

Is this not 2 straight starts for manningham and he dropped a TD in back to back games? Or fairly close 2 it. I can even handle an occasional drop, like the 1st one ballard had a few games ago, but in general I agree with you, they need to be caught, cause that can cost us as much as the defense not showing up.</P>

that stuff is just killing me.</P>

KILLING ME.</P>

Drez
12-12-2011, 02:41 PM

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232</P>Apparently Collin Cowherd was blowing smoke lol. Either way they need to stop it!Cowherd also said our RBs are constantly fighting with each other. Really, Colin? C'mon, I can understand the embellishment on the drops, but AB and BJ are like brothers and are constantly cheering each other on.

Ruttiger711
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM

during the NFLN highlights Michael Irvin was talking about just how perfect that was... the way the ball was up and then dropped down away from the safety... the rest of the commentators moved on and you could hear him just going on in the background... <font size="2">"....perfect....."</font>

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
everybody drops a few....how many did Dallas and GB drop.....quite a few

mcillo
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM

during the NFLN highlights Michael Irvin was talking about just how perfect that was... the way the ball was up and then dropped down away from the safety... the rest of the commentators moved on and you could hear him just going on in the background... <font size="2">"....perfect....."</font>
I caught alot of heat last year for saying MM was a great athlete but not a good NFL receiver and that we should have traded him while he was worth something. I guess he gets a pass form the general fan base, but only because our defense can`t hold the game for us.The guy has no concentration.

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM

during the NFLN highlights Michael Irvin was talking about just how perfect that was... the way the ball was up and then dropped down away from the safety... the rest of the commentators moved on and you could hear him just going on in the background... <FONT size=2>"....perfect....."</FONT>
I caught alot of heat last year for saying MM was a great athlete but not a good NFL receiver and that we should have traded him while he was worth something. I guess he gets a pass form the general fan base, but only because our defense can`t hold the game for us.The guy has no concentration.U see the catch he made on the sideline against SF on 4th down.How about the route he ran last night on 4th and 3 that kept a drive alive.He is now a 3rd receiverhow many NFL teams have a better 3 WR.

Drez
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM

during the NFLN highlights Michael Irvin was talking about just how perfect that was... the way the ball was up and then dropped down away from the safety... the rest of the commentators moved on and you could hear him just going on in the background... <FONT size=2>"....perfect....."</FONT>
I caught alot of heat last year for saying MM was a great athlete but not a good NFL receiver and that we should have traded him while he was worth something. I guess he gets a pass form the general fan base, but only because our defense can`t hold the game for us.The guy has no concentration.U see the catch he made on the sideline against SF on 4th down.How about the route he ran last night on 4th and 3 that kept a drive alive.He is now a 3rd receiverhow many NFL teams have a better 3 WR.</P>

Not many. GB, NO maybe (though I think a lot of NO's greatness has do with scheme and Brees...)</P>

That's really it off the top of my head.</P>

OrangeGiant
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I think it's Manningham more than any of the others and that drop in the endzone last night was horrible. But...I honestly believe if he catches that ball, Dallas scores a TD just like GB did the week before. They would have had 1:20 left and 2 timeouts left.</P>

Not that I'm condoning the drops-it needs to stop..period.</P>

mcillo
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM

I caught alot of heat last year for saying MM was a great athlete but not a good NFL receiver and that we should have traded him while he was worth something. I guess he gets a pass form the general fan base, but only because our defense can`t hold the game for us.The guy has no concentration.U see the catch he made on the sideline against SF on 4th down.How about the route he ran last night on 4th and 3 that kept a drive alive.He is now a 3rd receiver*how many NFL teams have a better 3 WR.*I saw him drop TD `s at SF and vs Buffalo and Dallas last night, pop balls up and and fumble them away. Don`t get caught up in the flash and speed, holding on to the ball is what counts. There is no better example then Ballard. A walk on " ice cream truck" that has won us games and arguably the GB game. The kid that torched us last night was cut from the Rams. There`s talent all over the place and it`s a game of who makes the least amount of mistakes.

Mod_C
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM

Come on guys really!!!

I find that very hard to believe. Cruz is the #3 receiver in the NFL. You
should always post a link with this type of information, especially when
it's controversial.

DragonSoul
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Come on guys really!!!

I find that very hard to believe.* Cruz is the #3 receiver in the NFL.* You
it's controversial.
If you read a few posts down you would have seen who I was referencing, and I could not link it since it was cowherd on the radio (otherwise I link everything that can be linked). But another poster corrected his incorrect statement.

Drez
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat? Come on guys really!!!

I find that very hard to believe. Cruz is the #3 receiver in the NFL. You should always post a link with this type of information, especially when it's controversial.
If you read a few posts down you would have seen who I was referencing, and I could not link it since it was cowherd on the radio (otherwise I link everything that can be linked). But another poster corrected his incorrect statement.</P>

Even if you can't link it, you could have said in the orignal post that you just heard it on Cowherd. At least you're referencing the source, even if you can't get a link.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat? Come on guys really!!!

I find that very hard to believe. Cruz is the #3 receiver in the NFL. You should always post a link with this type of information, especially when it's controversial.
If you read a few posts down you would have seen who I was referencing, and I could not link it since it was cowherd on the radio (otherwise I link everything that can be linked). But another poster corrected his incorrect statement.</p>

Even if you can't link it, you could have said in the orignal post that you just heard it on Cowherd. At least you're referencing the source, even if you can't get a link.</p>

+1

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Come on guys really!!!

I find that very hard to believe. Cruz is the #3 receiver in the NFL. You
it's controversial.
If you read a few posts down you would have seen who I was referencing, and I could not link it since it was cowherd on the radio (otherwise I link everything that can be linked). But another poster corrected his incorrect statement.

What happens though, is members will read the OP and nothing else and sometimes just the heading. If there is no link because it was said on a radio or TV show, that's good information to include.

EJ Blue
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
it's interceptions via tipped passes if it isn't drops. I'd rather take the latter.

jax5338
12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
it's interceptions via tipped passes if it isn't drops. I'd rather take the latter.

yea. the INT last night was the norm last year. a broken play on a tip or drop that just takes a horrific bounce and/or a good play by the DB. i hate the easy drops, but ill take it over those kind of picks any day.

Redeyejedi
12-12-2011, 05:15 PM

He is 2nd in receiving yards in the NFC behind Steve Smith.Wes Welker is 1st overall so I believe thats right 3rd in the NFL.</P>

<TABLE class=data-table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" summary="This table summarizes the NFL Receiving Leaders." border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR class=tbdy-sorted id=r3c1_1>
<TD scope=row>1. <FONT color=#364c88>Wes Welker</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/player/weswelker/2505790/profile) <INPUT type=hidden value=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/W/E/L/WEL219433.jpg name=theImages3> </TD>
<TD>NE</TD>
<TD align=right>1339</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1 id=r3c1_2>
<TD scope=row>2. <FONT color=#364c88>Steve Smith</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/player/stevesmith/2504595/profile) <INPUT type=hidden value=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/S/M/I/SMI733120.jpg name=theImages3> </TD>
<TD>CAR</TD>
<TD align=right>1217</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1 id=r3c1_3>
<TD scope=row>3. <FONT color=#364c88>Victor Cruz</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/player/victorcruz/2507855/profile) <INPUT type=hidden value=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/C/R/U/CRU827288.jpg name=theImages3> </TD>
<TD>NYG</TD>
<TD align=right>1150</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1 id=r3c1_4>
<TD scope=row>4. <FONT color=#364c88>Calvin Johnson</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/player/calvinjohnson/2495647/profile) <INPUT type=hidden value=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/J/O/H/JOH088640.jpg name=theImages3> </TD>
<TD>DET</TD>
<TD align=right>1121</TD></TR>
<TR class=tbdy1 id=r3c1_5>
<TD scope=row>5. <FONT color=#364c88>Jimmy Graham</FONT> (http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmygraham/497236/profile) <INPUT type=hidden value=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/G/R/A/GRA207087.jpg name=theImages3> </TD>
<TD>NO</TD>
<TD align=right>1101</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

G-Man67
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
i hate to go here, but after all the many debates about Eli's ability to carry the team ... you could make a great argument now that he is doing exactly that

he's really been the only part of the team that you could call pretty consistent and good to great week in and week out

Drez
12-12-2011, 05:39 PM

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&amp;range=NFL&amp;rank=232</P>

</P>

I wish I could find a weekly breakdown of dropped passes. I think things may seem a little skewed because over the first month or so, we only had like 3 dropped passes. However, we've had a lot more the passed several weeks, so it seems like we have more than we actually do.</P>

oldgiantfan
12-12-2011, 05:48 PM
You can say that Manningham's drop gave us the extra time we needed to run the clock down. LOL. It still wasn't enuf though because just like the Pack, Dallas got into scoring range with long passes.

What a lousy secondary we have. That's why we don't blitz. We can't afford it. In fact, fewell goes to a 3 man rush to compensate for our lack of DB or LB talent.

gmen46
12-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Come on guys really!!!

it's controversial.

What happens though, is members will read the OP and nothing else and sometimes just the heading.* If there is no link because it was said on a radio or TV show, that's good information to include.

True.

Although why anyone would start a controversial thread based sole upon the opinion of a radio personality--and let's face it, Cowherd is only an opinion-giver,not a credible reporter-- rather than an actual, credible reporter is beyond me.

Tenspro2002
12-12-2011, 06:09 PM
What a lousy secondary we have. That's why we don't blitz. We can't afford it. In fact, fewell goes to a 3 man rush to compensate for our lack of DB or LB talent.

Shouldn't the response be to blitz often and force the QB into quick throws? Isn't the worst thing to do to rush 3 and give the QB all day to wait for your inept DBs to make a mistake in coverage?

53canton
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM

Thats very sad......but also very true. Pathetic actually, that we cant trust our defense with over 1 minute left in the game!

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 04:26 AM

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232</P>

</P>

I wish I could find a weekly breakdown of dropped passes. I think things may seem a little skewed because over the first month or so, we only had like 3 dropped passes. However, we've had a lot more the passed several weeks, so it seems like we have more than we actually do.</P>I was thinking the same thing. It was like the first month or so we barely had any drops. I was impressed, since it was happening for years. Then all of a sudden when Ballard had that one bad game with like 3 drops, everyone else started to catch the dropsies bug.

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 04:28 AM

Come on guys really!!!

it's controversial.

What happens though, is members will read the OP and nothing else and sometimes just the heading.* If there is no link because it was said on a radio or TV show, that's good information to include.

True.

Although why anyone would start a controversial thread based sole upon the opinion of a radio personality--and let's face it, Cowherd is only an opinion-giver,not a credible reporter-- rather than an actual, credible reporter is beyond me.Was not posted for controversy but because I thought if an on air personality was putting out a number he or his staff did the research, and I was pointing it out, that even with that we are over coming it, and the bigger thing issue was/is that it needed to be improved on...

I guess you do not know what controversy means?

gmen46
12-13-2011, 05:26 AM

Come on guys really!!!

it's controversial.

True.

Although why anyone would start a controversial thread based sole upon the opinion of a radio personality--and let's face it, Cowherd is only an opinion-giver,not a credible reporter-- rather than an actual, credible reporter is beyond me.Was not posted for controversy but because I thought if an on air personality was putting out a number he or his staff did the research, and I was pointing it out, that even with that we are over coming it, and the bigger thing issue was/is that it needed to be improved on...

Perhaps I don't know what controversy means. I've probably been misusing the word for the past 50 years. I'm sure that's it.

Maybe "provocative" would be a better description.

You start a thread stating--in caps and exclamation mark, no less-that our "WRs LEAD THE NFL IN DROPS!"

Then you state, with no support, that they've been leading the league in drops for the past 2-3 years.

Then you post an edit admitting Cowherd was "blowing smoke", I think was your phrase.

I'd call a statement that is patently false regarding Giants players' performance, posted on a Giants forum, as a deliberate provocation, at the very least, and as such could legitimately be referred to as a "controversial" thread.

As for your assuming Cowherd or his staff actually research everything before he spews forth his opinions, and therefore you feel confident in quoting anything he says---well, let's just say you might want to consider using a more reliable source (like actual NFL stats, maybe?) before attaching your own opinions and conclusions to what Cowherd says.

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Come on guys really!!!

it's controversial.

True.

Perhaps I don't know what controversy means. I've probably been misusing the word for the past 50 years. I'm sure that's it.

You start a thread stating--in caps and exclamation mark, no less-that our "WRs LEAD THE NFL IN DROPS!"

Then you state, with no support, that they've been leading the league in drops for the past 2-3 years.

Then you post an edit admitting Cowherd was "blowing smoke", I think was your phrase.

I'd call a statement that is patently false regarding Giants players' performance, posted on a Giants forum, as a deliberate provocation, at the very least, and as such could legitimately be referred to as a "controversial" thread.

As for your assuming Cowherd or his staff actually research everything before he spews forth his opinions, and therefore you feel confident in quoting anything he says---well, let's just say you might want to consider using a more reliable source (like actual NFL stats, maybe?) before attaching your own opinions and conclusions to what Cowherd says.It would be nice if Age was always related to Wisdom, but that is not always the case.

Now to your points. I stated what I heard from a source as mentioned above (apparently not a reliable source. I also know as it was a stated fact last year( based on recall/memory) I believe if not the following year our wrs were leading the league in drops which I also stated (will look those up later in the day when i get a chance).

So based on recent history and a nation sportscaster talking about it I thought it might be credible. Normally I research things unless i do not have a chance to at the moment so I will post it up as many other articles, comments and links when I can for a discussion. Unless its someone you cannot trust or its an outlandish statement then i would not post till i confirmed it from another source and/or by research.

If you have read any of my previous posts/topics I do not post for controversy not my style and never will be.

gmen46
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Come on guys really!!!

it's controversial.

True.

As for your assuming Cowherd or his staff actually research everything before he spews forth his opinions, and therefore you feel confident in quoting anything he says---well, let's just say you might want to consider using a more reliable source (like actual NFL stats, maybe?) before attaching your own opinions and conclusions to what Cowherd says.It would be nice if Age was always related to Wisdom, but that is not always the case.

Now to your points. I stated what I heard from a source as mentioned above (apparently not a reliable source. I also know as it was a stated fact last year( based on recall/memory) I believe if not the following year our wrs were leading the league in drops which I also stated (will look those up later in the day when i get a chance).

So based on recent history and a nation sportscaster talking about it I thought it might be credible. Normally I research things unless i do not have a chance to at the moment so I will post it up as many other articles, comments and links when I can for a discussion. Unless its someone you cannot trust or its an outlandish statement then i would not post till i confirmed it from another source and/or by research.

If you have read any of my previous posts/topics I do not post for controversy not my style and never will be.

I HAVE read many of your statements, and have agreed with many of them (does that now make me "wise" or just old?).

In this case I call you out for making a statement as a statement of "fact" based upon a comment from a questionable source.

By it's very nature, a headline stating as fact what is not a fact, about Giants receivers on a Giants discussion forum would be by any standard be considered a "controversial" statement.

Whether by intent or not, whether by your style or not, is irrelevant.

giantsfan420
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
yeah i heard the air spot the OP was talking about. Cowherd was talking bout eli and how he is amazing and what does he have to do to rid any of the remaining detractors?

he was listing all the things elis done this year and overcome, and cowherd says matter of factly that the new york giants lead the nfl with most drops by wr's.

i didnt think it was right but still cowherd is a nationtallyt syndicated sports personality with his own tv show on espn antd is usually a stat nerd, so i dont blame the OP for posting his statemtent altthough cowherd should retract it bc the spot is still running, if it is inaccurate id think they would cut that out, maybe it is true?t

edit-maybe cowherd is referring to a diff time line than just this season, ie the giants wr corp has the most drops since 2007 or something

gmen46
12-13-2011, 09:25 PM
yeah i heard the air spot the OP was talking about. Cowherd was talking bout eli and how he is amazing and what does he have to do to rid any of the remaining detractors?

he was listing all the things elis done this year and overcome, and cowherd says matter of factly that the new york giants lead the nfl with most drops by wr's.

i didnt think it was right but still cowherd is a nationtallyt syndicated sports personality with his own tv show on espn antd is usually a stat nerd, so i dont blame the OP for posting his statemtent altthough cowherd should retract it bc the spot is still running, if it is inaccurate id think they would cut that out, maybe it is true?t

edit-maybe cowherd is referring to a diff time line than just this season, ie the giants wr corp has the most drops since 2007 or something

Fair enough, as far as it goes.

But, for better or for worse, I am not one who is impressed by nationally syndicated radio personalities per s or what they say.

Just because they have their own radio show, national or otherwise, does not mean that by definition they always (or ever, in some cases) know what they're talking about on any given subject.

They are all personalities, not experts, plain and simple, and as such I may like or dislike what they say (because their opinion aligns or does not align with mine, respectively) but never do I take their statements as absolute fact or truth.

Cowherd is no exception to that.

The difference between him and his ilk, and you and I, is that they get paid BIG bucks to do what we do for nothing here on this message board.

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 11:57 PM

Come on guys really!!!

it's controversial.

True.

I HAVE read many of your statements, and have agreed with many of them (does that now make me "wise" or just old?).
That is for you to decide. I do not change my thoughts/opnions by the changing of the wind, just because you said something positive about me or even negative. It takes a bit of info before I make a judgement on my initial thoughts or even to be persuaded to rethink them.

I am far from saying I have never been wrong, but unlike many here. I have posted and bumped up my own threads when its been shown i was incorrect before any other would have done so, so i could/would correct this issue as needed.

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 12:07 AM

But, for better or for worse, I am not one who is impressed by nationally syndicated radio personalities per s or what they say.

Just because they have their own radio show, national or otherwise, does not mean that by definition they always (or ever, in some cases) know what they're talking about on any given subject.

They are all personalities, not experts, plain and simple, and as such I may like or dislike what they say (because their opinion aligns or does not align with mine, respectively) but never do I take their statements as absolute fact or truth.

The difference between him and his ilk, and you and I, is that they get paid BIG bucks to do what we do for nothing here on this message board. Your premise about a personality and expert is incorrect. Strahan is now a personality, is he no longer an expert because he doesn't play the game?

All personality is, is a persons opinion (right or wrong, or at least the way we inter put it to our own thoughts)

So are you telling me only an expert can get their facts straight? Because I am not a personality nor "expert" Yet I have posted many facts based on research to prove my point. Does that make them invalid now?

So a personality may not be an expert but can still inform based on facts and knowledge. Not to mention I may or may not like said personality, but when they broadcast on national tv or radio, you tend to believe they got their facts straight otherwise they usually do not last, and/or have to correct their mistakes.

I can understand if i took it from someone on twitter who isn't a reliable source, or I heard it from a friend or a friends friend. Different sources hold different weight, or am incorrect their as well?

gmen46
12-14-2011, 05:36 AM

The difference between him and his ilk, and you and I, is that they get paid BIG bucks to do what we do for nothing here on this message board. Your premise about a personality and expert is incorrect. Strahan is now a personality, is he no longer an expert because he doesn't play the game?

All personality is, is a persons opinion (right or wrong, or at least the way we inter put it to our own thoughts)

So are you telling me only an expert can get their facts straight? Because I am not a personality nor "expert" Yet I have posted many facts based on research to prove my point. Does that make them invalid now?

So a personality may not be an expert but can still inform based on facts and knowledge. Not to mention I may or may not like said personality, but when they broadcast on national tv or radio, you tend to believe they got their facts straight otherwise they usually do not last, and/or have to correct their mistakes.

I can understand if i took it from someone on twitter who isn't a reliable source, or I heard it from a friend or a friends friend. Different sources hold different weight, or am incorrect their as well?

I'm referring to radio talk show hosts, as I clearly and specifically said, and as is relevant to Cowherd in this thread. Strahan is not a radio talk show host and has no relevance to this discussion.

Also, Strahan played in the NFL for 15 years, and as such we can assume his expertise as being reliable.

As far as I know Cowherd never played in the NFL, so I'm not willing to make the same assumption about all his comments.

If Strahan had been your source for the "NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!", we wouldn't be having this argument.

Your comparison of Cowherd to Strahan to make your point is absurd, and off-point.

As to your assumption that radio personalities that broadcasts on national radio get "their facts straight otherwise they usually do not last, and or have to correct their mistakes"----well, then I guess you're not familiar with Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck, just as 2 examples of radio personalities who have never had to correct "mistakes". Though not sports radio hosts, the premise of opinion trumping facts as the bread and butter of radio talk show hosts applies equally.

Sorry to break it to you (actually, I'm not sorry), but truth, facts, integrity are not required--legally, and apparently ethically--standards for radio talk show hosts. Not to say ALL talk show hosts don't abide by some standards of credibility, conscience and integrity, but many if not most appear not to.

They are not news (or sports) journalists, who DO have to abide by some legal and ethical standards. and should not be confused as such.

BlueSanta
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I heard people like to make up stats that are false. Sorry no link available.

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM

I'm referring to radio talk show hosts, as I clearly and specifically said, and as is relevant to Cowherd in this thread. Strahan is not a radio talk show host and has no relevance to this discussion.

Also, Strahan played in the NFL for 15 years, and as such we can assume his expertise as being reliable.

As far as I know Cowherd never played in the NFL, so I'm not willing to make the same assumption about all his comments.

If Strahan had been your source for the "NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!", we wouldn't be having this argument.

Your comparison of Cowherd to Strahan to make your point is absurd, and off-point.

As to your assumption that radio personalities that broadcasts on national radio get "their facts straight otherwise they usually do not last, and or have to correct their mistakes"----well, then I guess you're not familiar with Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck, just as 2 examples of radio personalities who have never had to correct "mistakes". Though not sports radio hosts, the premise of opinion trumping facts as the bread and butter of radio talk show hosts applies equally.

Sorry to break it to you (actually, I'm not sorry), but truth, facts, integrity are not required--legally, and apparently ethically--standards for radio talk show hosts. Not to say ALL talk show hosts don't abide by some standards of credibility, conscience and integrity, but many if not most appear not to.

They are not news (or sports) journalists, who DO have to abide by some legal and ethical standards. and should not be confused as such. Wow maybe you are not wise after all.

First off how does being a radio show host differ from other types? Because you do know cowherd is also on TV right? Your logic is flawed. Since there are many former players who have played the game and are still horrible analysts or personalities. And how many of them do you always agree with? That has no bearing on facts, and that is where you are mistaken.

Look at Collingsworth recently when we played the Eagles in the rematch and before the game started he said we have a good offensive line. Apparently he is an expro, and considered a very good spots analysts but he was dead wrong, unless you agree our line in the 11 games previously were good. Or how about the things that have been said about Eli in the past based on incorrect information from said people? Facts are facts and in certain positions/situations it is assumed that they are reviewed/researched before they are put out there. And maybe they are but this one or this time it wasn't.

Now about your examples about talk personalities are so wrong its not funny. I have not listened to rush in maybe 2 decades, unless i catch an excerpt or video online or tv so I cannot speak for him currently, but....

Beck is right on about 95% of the time and I do listen to him him almost daily. (apparently you do not because YOUR FACTS as you like 2 say are dead wrong (feel free to correct me/them), must be those left leaning sites you get your talking points, and i will back it up here with examples based on facts).

1) Said something would happen with terrorist in our country in 2/3 before 9/11 happened. He did not say where, when or how, but that if we were not careful it would happen.

2) Said Gold prices would go up. Have you seen them?

3) Said the radicals ala Communists, socialist
Marxisits would all work together to try to destroy our system. Have you noticed it yet? Especially with Occupy Wall Street?

4) Said that the middle east would be on fire and that the arab spring would not be a good thing. That was in Janurary of this year if I recall. Since you like to read those sites, I bet you can recall when they mocked him for that view? Yet around April/May the party started.

5) Said do not be happy w/arab spring as it may lead to even worse scenarios for the middle east, and our country. Being that the Muslim Brootherhood would take over and they are not a peaceful entity as the state department tried to play off. Guess who is in charge of Egypt now? He was correct there.

6) Said the DOW would go down and it did for a long time if you recall, at the moment it is back up, but lets see for how long.

7) Said that the EU will have serious issues with there Money, and that the countries associated w/them will help start the downfall, ala the PIGS - Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain. Right now they are having Germany bail them out, and possibly soon the US tax payers.

8) Said the government will shortly go after the internet. Have you seen sites like FireFox and others speak out about this and ask their users to sign a bill to stop this?

9) How about the government taking more power. Did you know the Senate just passed a bill that says the DOJ can STOP arrest AMERICANS on the street for no reason at all if they feel they are a threat to the country, and can detain them indefinitely if they feel it is warranted. The Bill hasn't passed the house and hopefully it won't, because if it does then Obama will have a real reason for concern. Since now not just muslims Americans (not as if they were before he took office) have to be worried about being taken off the street but all Americans do, and for any reason w/o any oversight at all.

So unlike you who tried to use facts (with Beck). You obviously don't listen to him & take (those supposed facts) them from 2nd/3rd hand sources, because if you honestly did listen you would know that, and if he has been in error he brings it to light and makes an apology (he is rarely wrong).

10) I can add more if you want me to keep going. And again feel free to prove what I stated above wrong.

Yet I took the supposed facts from the main source, so while they appear to been incorrect I got it from the horses mouth when I made my mistake, which when shown I was wrong, I corrected it and apologized for it, but I was not posting 4 controversy but to point out (at that time) an interesting fact.

gmen46
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM

They are not news (or sports) journalists, who DO have to abide by some legal and ethical standards. and should not be confused as such. Wow maybe you are not wise after all.

First off how does being a radio show host differ from other types? Because you do know cowherd is also on TV right? Your logic is flawed. Since there are many former players who have played the game and are still horrible analysts or personalities. And how many of them do you always agree with? That has no bearing on facts, and that is where you are mistaken.

Look at Collingsworth recently when we played the Eagles in the rematch and before the game started he said we have a good offensive line. Apparently he is an expro, and considered a very good spots analysts but he was dead wrong, unless you agree our line in the 11 games previously were good. Or how about the things that have been said about Eli in the past based on incorrect information from said people? Facts are facts and in certain positions/situations it is assumed that they are reviewed/researched before they are put out there. And maybe they are but this one or this time it wasn't.

Now about your examples about talk personalities are so wrong its not funny. I have not listened to rush in maybe 2 decades, unless i catch an excerpt or video online or tv so I cannot speak for him currently, but....

Beck is right on about 95% of the time and I do listen to him him almost daily. (apparently you do not because YOUR FACTS as you like 2 say are dead wrong (feel free to correct me/them), must be those left leaning sites you get your talking points, and i will back it up here with examples based on facts).

1) Said something would happen with terrorist in our country in 2/3 before 9/11 happened. He did not say where, when or how, but that if we were not careful it would happen.

Marxisits would all work together to try to destroy our system. Have you noticed it yet? Especially with Occupy Wall Street?

4) Said that the middle east would be on fire and that the arab spring would not be a good thing. That was in Janurary of this year if I recall. Since you like to read those sites, I bet you can recall when they mocked him for that view? Yet around April/May the party started.

5) Said do not be happy w/arab spring as it may lead to even worse scenarios for the middle east, and our country. Being that the Muslim Brootherhood would take over and they are not a peaceful entity as the state department tried to play off. Guess who is in charge of Egypt now? He was correct there.

6) Said the DOW would go down and it did for a long time if you recall, at the moment it is back up, but lets see for how long.

7) Said that the EU will have serious issues with there Money, and that the countries associated w/them will help start the downfall, ala the PIGS - Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain. Right now they are having Germany bail them out, and possibly soon the US tax payers.

8) Said the government will shortly go after the internet. Have you seen sites like FireFox and others speak out about this and ask their users to sign a bill to stop this?

9) How about the government taking more power. Did you know the Senate just passed a bill that says the DOJ can STOP arrest AMERICANS on the street for no reason at all if they feel they are a threat to the country, and can detain them indefinitely if they feel it is warranted. The Bill hasn't passed the house and hopefully it won't, because if it does then Obama will have a real reason for concern. Since now not just muslims Americans (not as if they were before he took office) have to be worried about being taken off the street but all Americans do, and for any reason w/o any oversight at all.

So unlike you who tried to use facts (with Beck). You obviously don't listen to him & take (those supposed facts) them from 2nd/3rd hand sources, because if you honestly did listen you would know that, and if he has been in error he brings it to light and makes an apology (he is rarely wrong).

10) I can add more if you want me to keep going. And again feel free to prove what I stated above wrong.

Yet I took the supposed facts from the main source, so while they appear to been incorrect I got it from the horses mouth when I made my mistake, which when shown I was wrong, I corrected it and apologized for it, but I was not posting 4 controversy but to point out (at that time) an interesting fact.

Congratulations.

You not only so eloquently proved my point---by using Glen-I-never-let-an-opportunity-to -bring-Hitler-or-Socialism-into - every-discussion-and-rant-Beck as your defense---, but you just guaranteed this thread goes down, since politics are forbidden on this forum.

Well played, sir!

I couldn't have reinforced my point better.

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 04:30 PM

Congratulations.

You not only so eloquently proved my point---by using Glen-I-never-let-an-opportunity-to -bring-Hitler-or-Socialism-into - every-discussion-and-rant-Beck as your defense---, but you just guaranteed this thread goes down, since politics are forbidden on this forum.

Well played, sir!

I couldn't have reinforced my point better.Actually you proved my point, but nice try.

1) You brought up Beck, not me, so nice try. I won't let you post nonsense (as fact) as this is the reason you posted in here originally and comically you have ignored all the points i made with or w/o Beck.

2) You have shown your colors as you have not commented on anything, except posted what you just did, and ignored all those points, and facts.

So if this thread is closed, dies or doesn't, I am done discussing this w/you as I have seen the truth. Hold everyone to whatever standard you care to and then spew garbage when you have nothing else. Ala the Hitler comment as most lefties do. Grats. Continue.

gmen46
12-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Congratulations.

Well played, sir!

I couldn't have reinforced my point better.Actually you proved my point, but nice try.

1) You brought up Beck, not me, so nice try. I won't let you post nonsense (as fact) as this is the reason you posted in here originally and comically you have ignored all the points i made with or w/o Beck.

2) You have shown your colors as you have not commented on anything, except posted what you just did, and ignored all those points, and facts.

So if this thread is closed, dies or doesn't, I am done discussing this w/you as I have seen the truth. Hold everyone to whatever standard you care to and then spew garbage when you have nothing else. Ala the Hitler comment as most lefties do. Grats. Continue.

I did not respond to your points about Beck because you're getting into political territory, and that's not for this board. You may not respect the rule, but I at least try to.

So, in your words, nice try.

Having said that, all the "points" you make to prove what a virtual Nostradomus Beck is, are--like Beck himself--insanely hilarious, and prove nothing about any "expertise" he has.

Your #1 point, for example. Our government was aware of terrorists threats, and bin Laden and Al Quaeda in particular since at least the Spring of 2003, (CIA had been trying to find and kill bin Laden during the last 3-4 years of the 90s) when the World Trade Center was attacked--unsuccessfully--the first time. Don't remember that? Did Beck "predict" that one as well?

That's just one. I apologize for violating my own promise to ignore your bait.

The Hitler comment I referred to is well documented. While host of his FOX TV show--from which he got fired due to eventually going too far around the bend, even for FOX (well, actually he was fired for losing one third of his shows advertisers, who dropped the show because he went too far around the bend)--his own transcripts include 202 mentions of Nazis or Nazism, 147 mentions of Hitler, 193 mentions of fascism or fascist, and another 24 bonus mentions of Joseph Goebbels” – most of them directed at President Obama.

Google is a wonderful thing.

Now that I know where your thought process lies, I can move on.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
No political talk. You both should be held accountable. And to avoid future complications, you should ALWAYS back up your posts (relating to stats) with sources, links. Problem solved.</P>

mcillo
12-14-2011, 08:41 PM
As debate moderator, I`m awarding this epic debate to gmen46.
Thank you for coming tonight.

giantsfan420
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM
gmen46 is a very smart astute football mind.

but sometimes i think he gets off on trying to just argue with anyone over anything.

i dont get how gmen46 can bash on the OP who merely discussed a statement cowherd made, and the OP even went onto state he didnt think or know that it was true.

what cowherd said is a legitimate topic choice, like the OP shouldnt have started the thread bc cowherd may be mistaken or may not have explained the context of his stat...maybe the nyg wr have the most drops since 2007or something. all i know is cowherd did say it, i heard the air spot, and i was confused as to whether he was correct or not.

lay off the OP gmen46. im not trying to get into it with you, like i said you have a very smart mind and i like reading your posts bc usually ur dead on, but sometimes u get on a poster for no reason and it seems ur doing so to mark your territory or something. if you have a problem with anyone it should be cowherd for stating that premise, not the OP who chose to discuss it

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM
gmen46 is a very smart astute football mind. but sometimes i think he gets off on trying to just argue with anyone over anything. i dont get how gmen46 can bash on the OP who merely discussed a statement cowherd made, and the OP even went onto state he didnt think or know that it was true. what cowherd said is a legitimate topic choice, like the OP shouldnt have started the thread bc cowherd may be mistaken or may not have explained the context of his stat...maybe the nyg wr have the most drops since 2007or something. all i know is cowherd did say it, i heard the air spot, and i was confused as to whether he was correct or not. lay off the OP gmen46. im not trying to get into it with you, like i said you have a very smart mind and i like reading your posts bc usually ur dead on, but sometimes u get on a poster for no reason and it seems ur doing so to mark your territory or something. if you have a problem with anyone it should be cowherd for stating that premise, not the OP who chose to discuss it</P>

honestly, wheni hear significant stats about us or any team from a radio host/tv analystthat i choose to post about, i find out if its valid before i post it, especially with a title like "Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!" kind of reminds meof high schoolkids at lunch saying "i heard jody was bangin susy rottencrotch!" ...if you dont know or arent sure if its valid dont post it or find out if its true...</P>

gmen46
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM

but sometimes i think he gets off on trying to just argue with anyone over anything.

i dont get how gmen46 can bash on the OP who merely discussed a statement cowherd made, and the OP even went onto state he didnt think or know that it was true.

what cowherd said is a legitimate topic choice, like the OP shouldnt have started the thread bc cowherd may be mistaken or may not have explained the context of his stat...maybe the nyg wr have the most drops since 2007or something. all i know is cowherd did say it, i heard the air spot, and i was confused as to whether he was correct or not.

lay off the OP gmen46. im not trying to get into it with you, like i said you have a very smart mind and i like reading your posts bc usually ur dead on, but sometimes u get on a poster for no reason and it seems ur doing so to mark your territory or something. if you have a problem with anyone it should be cowherd for stating that premise, not the OP who chose to discuss it

Questioning Cowherd was my original intent, so I agree with you on that.

I apparently did a poor job of conveying that, the OP took it in a way I did not intend, and then it spun out of control from there.

I take responsibility for my part in not being more clear about my intent, although I thought I was. Probably when I applied my opinion of the verisimilitude of talk show hosts in general is when it got a bit screwey.

I just don't assume, by mere virtue of one having his own talk show, that he / she automatically-by definition--knows what he / she is talking about all the time on any given subject or that he / she knows more than we the listeners do.

Obviously not everyone shares my opinion or assumption on that subject.

To be clear, I don't recall saying the thread should not necessarily have been started (I can't remember, honestly). The kerfuffle came about by my characterization of the thread's title as being "controversial".

gmen46
12-14-2011, 09:35 PM
gmen46 is a very smart astute football mind. but sometimes i think he gets off on trying to just argue with anyone over anything. i dont get how gmen46 can bash on the OP who merely discussed a statement cowherd made, and the OP even went onto state he didnt think or know that it was true. what cowherd said is a legitimate topic choice, like the OP shouldnt have started the thread bc cowherd may be mistaken or may not have explained the context of his stat...maybe the nyg wr have the most drops since 2007or something. all i know is cowherd did say it, i heard the air spot, and i was confused as to whether he was correct or not. lay off the OP gmen46. im not trying to get into it with you, like i said you have a very smart mind and i like reading your posts bc usually ur dead on, but sometimes u get on a poster for no reason and it seems ur doing so to mark your territory or something. if you have a problem with anyone it should be cowherd for stating that premise, not the OP who chose to discuss it</P>

honestly, when*i hear significant stats about us or any team from a radio host/tv analyst*that i choose to post about, i find out if its valid before i post it, especially with a title like "Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!" kind of reminds me*of high school*kids at lunch saying "i heard jody was bangin susy rottencrotch!" ...if you dont know or arent sure if its valid dont post it or find out if its true...</P>

THANK YOU. Exactly my point. Exactly.

(By the way, I haven't heard from Susy Rottencrotch in years. Is she still around?)

giantsfan420
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM

I apparently did a poor job of conveying that, the OP took it in a way I did not intend, and then it spun out of control from there.

I take responsibility for my part in not being more clear about my intent, although I thought I was. Probably when I applied my opinion of the verisimilitude of talk show hosts in general is when it got a bit screwey.

I just don't assume, by mere virtue of one having his own talk show, that he / she automatically-by definition--knows what he / she is talking about all the time on any given subject or that he / she knows more than we the listeners do.

To be clear, I don't recall saying the thread should not necessarily have been started (I can't remember, honestly). The kerfuffle came about by my characterization of the thread's title as being "controversial".

yeah i kind of butted in i just really enjoy your posts and lately i havent been able to come on here bc i been busy, so i look for posts from a few posters who really know there stuff and ur one of em. i dunno i just like reading ur posts on football stuff and not as much as this thread kind of posts.

i get what u mean too, cowherd is probably wrong and before posting anything the info should be verified. but the OP i thought wasnt making the post about oh the giants lead the nfl in drops, i took it as he was commenting how cowherd said that i dunno my bad if i butted in when i shouldnt have.

but to the point of the thread, i know the giants had serious drop issues last year, maybe not leading the nfl but the drops and tip drills they did have were dentrimental to this team.

and also, we have had some huge critical drops. like vs gb when we kicked the 50 yd fg the play before eli put the ball right on nicks inbetween coverage nicks got both hands on it and dropped it.

MM had that drop at 1:26 vs dallas on a sure td perfect throw.

cant have any drops or anything on critical plays. like vs seattle MM had a couple drops that should have been TD. we may not have the most drops, but we have a ton of critical drops.

and drops have been an issue going back to the 08 season

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-14-2011, 09:50 PM

honestly, wheni hear significant stats about us or any team from a radio host/tv analystthat i choose to post about, i find out if its valid before i post it, especially with a title like "Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!" kind of reminds meof high schoolkids at lunch saying "i heard jody was bangin susy rottencrotch!" ...if you dont know or arent sure if its valid dont post it or find out if its true...</P>

THANK YOU. Exactly my point. Exactly. (By the way, I haven't heard from Susy Rottencrotch in years. Is she still around?)</P>

She will be around until the USMC withers away..and that will NEVER happen [:D]</P>

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 10:05 PM

honestly, when*i hear significant stats about us or any team from a radio host/tv analyst*that i choose to post about, i find out if its valid before i post it, especially with a title like "Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!" kind of reminds me*of high school*kids at lunch saying "i heard jody was bangin susy rottencrotch!" ...if you dont know or arent sure if its valid dont post it or find out if its true...</P>99% of the time whatever I post is linked, and/or researched.

Combining that I was on my way out, I figured it be a topic worth the talk. Since it was mentioned on national radio.

Sorry cannot verify 24/7. There is a difference from relaying info from kids vs a national source who specifically brought it up. If you guys cannot see the difference then so be it.

You do realize many post what others have said from other shows (radio/tv) and I have never seen links or verification. Interesting how I haven't seen many if any such outrage.

And if people want to get anal for whatever reason it may be, guess what, thats very easy to do.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM

99% of the time whatever I post is linked, and/or researched. Combining that I was on my way out, I figured it be a topic worth the talk. Since it was mentioned on national radio. Sorry cannot verify 24/7. There is a difference from relaying info from kids vs a national source who specifically brought it up. If you guys cannot see the difference then so be it. You do realize many post what others have said from other shows (radio/tv) and I have never seen links or verification. Interesting how I haven't seen many if any such outrage. <FONT size=6>And if people want to get anal for whatever reason it may be, guess what, thats very easy to do</FONT>.</P>

http://edschultzmsnbc.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/oldladyshocked.png</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-14-2011, 10:25 PM

99% of the time whatever I post is linked, and/or researched. Combining that I was on my way out, I figured it be a topic worth the talk. Since it was mentioned on national radio. Sorry cannot verify 24/7. There is a difference from relaying info from kids vs a national source who specifically brought it up. If you guys cannot see the difference then so be it. You do realize many post what others have said from other shows (radio/tv) and I have never seen links or verification. Interesting how I haven't seen many if any such outrage. And if people want to get anal for whatever reason it may be, guess what, thats very easy to do.</P>

Dude, I mean it's not really a big deal, if I was you I would just man up and move on. You have been a member since '02 with almost 10k posts and supposedly 99% of your posts always have links/sources, that's alot of sources!!. You're getting all defensive because you posted a topic with no proof to back it up from a BSPN analyst (I believe they are the most biased radio/tv network) and OP are calling you out. Someone who has been around for so long should know better. If you were on your way out then maybe you should have NOT posted it. But you did, therefore don't get mad at the backlash.</P>

gmen46
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM

yeah i kind of butted in i just really enjoy your posts and lately i havent been able to come on here bc i been busy, so i look for posts from a few posters who really know there stuff and ur one of em. i dunno i just like reading ur posts on football stuff and not as much as this thread kind of posts.

i get what u mean too, cowherd is probably wrong and before posting anything the info should be verified. but the OP i thought wasnt making the post about oh the giants lead the nfl in drops, i took it as he was commenting how cowherd said that i dunno my bad if i butted in when i shouldnt have.

but to the point of the thread, i know the giants had serious drop issues last year, maybe not leading the nfl but the drops and tip drills they did have were dentrimental to this team.

and also, we have had some huge critical drops. like vs gb when we kicked the 50 yd fg the play before eli put the ball right on nicks inbetween coverage nicks got both hands on it and dropped it.

cant have any drops or anything on critical plays. like vs seattle MM had a couple drops that should have been TD. we may not have the most drops, but we have a ton of critical drops.

I agree that last year there were some games where too many drops and tips were an issue.

I don't have the impression it's as much of a problem this year. Sure, there were those drops you refer to this year. And you identified the bigger problem--it's not the number of dropped balls as much as at what circumstance of the game are the drops.

And Mario has been the worst offender THIS year. He's an enigma of sorts, because he will make critical, sometimes acrobatic catches, and then he'll have a drop like that sure TD in Dallas. Wasn't that in the same drive he saved with a 4th down catch for a 1st? I might be remembering wrong, but I thought that occurred.

And Eli obviously continues to believe in him, even though Nicks and Cruz are clearly more reliable--but, then, even they will drop one once in a while.

Hell, even Rodgers had drops in their game with us--at least 6-7--which has been unimaginable for him this year.

Actually, though, for this year the only game I feel we had way too many drops was in the 2nd Eagles game. It was the one game where you can point to all the drops as probably one reason we lost that game. EVERYbody had drops that game. Very unusual for all to have the drops in the same game.

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
gmen46 is a very smart astute football mind. but sometimes i think he gets off on trying to just argue with anyone over anything. i dont get how gmen46 can bash on the OP who merely discussed a statement cowherd made, and the OP even went onto state he didnt think or know that it was true. what cowherd said is a legitimate topic choice, like the OP shouldnt have started the thread bc cowherd may be mistaken or may not have explained the context of his stat...maybe the nyg wr have the most drops since 2007or something. all i know is cowherd did say it, i heard the air spot, and i was confused as to whether he was correct or not. lay off the OP gmen46. im not trying to get into it with you, like i said you have a very smart mind and i like reading your posts bc usually ur dead on, but sometimes u get on a poster for no reason and it seems ur doing so to mark your territory or something. if you have a problem with anyone it should be cowherd for stating that premise, not the OP who chose to discuss it</p>

honestly, wheni hear significant stats about us or any team from a radio host/tv analystthat i choose to post about, i find out if its valid before i post it, especially with a title like "Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!" kind of reminds meof high schoolkids at lunch saying "i heard jody was bangin susy rottencrotch!" ...if you dont know or arent sure if its valid dont post it or find out if its true...</p>

99% of the time whatever I post is linked, and/or researched. Combining that I was on my way out, I figured it be a topic worth the talk. Since it was mentioned on national radio. Sorry cannot verify 24/7. There is a difference from relaying info from kids vs a national source who specifically brought it up. If you guys cannot see the difference then so be it. You do realize many post what others have said from other shows (radio/tv) and I have never seen links or verification. Interesting how I haven't seen many if any such outrage. And if people want to get anal for whatever reason it may be, guess what, thats very easy to do.</p>

Dude, I mean it's not really a big deal, if I was you I would just man up and move on. You have been a member since '02 with almost 10k posts and supposedly 99% of your posts always have links/sources, that's alot of sources!!. You're getting all defensive because you posted a topic with no proof to back it up from a BSPN analyst (I believe they are the most biased radio/tv network) and OP are calling you out. Someone who has been around for so long should know better. If you were on your way out then maybe you should have NOT posted it. But you did, therefore don't get mad at the backlash.</p>If you read through the posts I did in a thread right after you posted the link to show it was incorrect. Then I even edited my original post, to say so. So do you need blood w/that edit, or did you happen to miss it?

Not a backlash at all. I am far beyond getting worked up over a forum/mb, bigger things in life. Also stating your case doesnt = backlash. I stated my point(s) and people can decide for themselves, even after the statement was corrected as I have stated in the previous paragraph.

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 10:39 PM

I agree that last year there were some games where too many drops and tips were an issue.

I don't have the impression it's as much of a problem this year. Sure, there were those drops you refer to this year. And you identified the bigger problem--it's not the number of dropped balls as much as at what circumstance of the game are the drops.

And Mario has been the worst offender THIS year. He's an enigma of sorts, because he will make critical, sometimes acrobatic catches, and then he'll have a drop like that sure TD in Dallas. Wasn't that in the same drive he saved with a 4th down catch for a 1st? I might be remembering wrong, but I thought that occurred.

And Eli obviously continues to believe in him, even though Nicks and Cruz are clearly more reliable--but, then, even they will drop one once in a while.

Hell, even Rodgers had drops in their game with us--at least 6-7--which has been unimaginable for him this year.

Actually, though, for this year the only game I feel we had way too many drops was in the 2nd Eagles game. It was the one game where you can point to all the drops as probably one reason we lost that game. EVERYbody had drops that game. Very unusual for all to have the drops in the same game.Since we are back on topic. In the begining of the season there were rarely any drops. But as I think I might have mentioned earlier in this thread, once ballard had the dropsies in the one game, the rest of the receiving core happened to catch it(wrong thing to catch), now they are near top 5...

While they are technically 14th currently, they are only 2 behind 5th place. So apparently they are not number 1, but getting closer to it once again. Not acceptable imho.

NFL Passes Dropped
Rank Team Passes Dropped
1 Cleveland Browns 38
2 Atlanta Falcons 32
3 Philadelphia Eagles 30
4 St. Louis Rams 28
5 Chicago Bears 26
6 San Francisco 49ers 26
7 Baltimore Ravens 26
8 Detroit Lions 25
9 Green Bay Packers 25
10 Kansas City Chiefs 25
11 Miami Dolphins 25
12 Carolina Panthers 25
13 Denver Broncos 24
14 New York Giants 24
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&amp;range=NFL&amp;rank=232

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM

99% of the time whatever I post is linked, and/or researched. Combining that I was on my way out, I figured it be a topic worth the talk. Since it was mentioned on national radio. Sorry cannot verify 24/7. There is a difference from relaying info from kids vs a national source who specifically brought it up. If you guys cannot see the difference then so be it. You do realize many post what others have said from other shows (radio/tv) and I have never seen links or verification. Interesting how I haven't seen many if any such outrage. And if people want to get anal for whatever reason it may be, guess what, thats very easy to do.</P>

Dude, I mean it's not really a big deal, if I was you I would just man up and move on. You have been a member since '02 with almost 10k posts and supposedly 99% of your posts always have links/sources, that's alot of sources!!. You're getting all defensive because you posted a topic with no proof to back it up from a BSPN analyst (I believe they are the most biased radio/tv network) and OP are calling you out. Someone who has been around for so long should know better. If you were on your way out then maybe you should have NOT posted it. But you did, therefore don't get mad at the backlash.</P>

If you read through the posts I did in a thread right after you posted the link to show it was incorrect. Then I even edited my original post, to say so. So do you need blood w/that edit, or did you happen to miss it?

Not a backlash at all. I am far beyond getting worked up over a forum/mb, bigger things in life. Also stating your case doesnt = backlash. I stated my point(s) and people can decide for themselves, even after the statement was corrected as I have stated in the previous paragraph.

</P>

Apparently I did miss it,burI might have also stopped caring after I corrected your erroneous thread. I also apologize for mistakenly claiming you got "worked up or defensive", I guess I was just thrown off when you decided to post a Glen Beck's top 10 countdown thread in a Giants forum.</P>

</P>

DragonSoul
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM

honestly, when*i hear significant stats about us or any team from a radio host/tv analyst*that i choose to post about, i find out if its valid before i post it, especially with a title like "Heard earlier today that the NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!" kind of reminds me*of high school*kids at lunch saying "i heard jody was bangin susy rottencrotch!" ...if you dont know or arent sure if its valid dont post it or find out if its true...</P>

Dude, I mean it's not really a big deal,* if I was you I would just man up and move on.* You have been a member since '02 with almost 10k posts and supposedly 99% of your posts always have links/sources, that's alot of sources!!.* You're getting all defensive because you posted a topic with no proof to back it up from a BSPN analyst (I believe they are the most biased radio/tv network) and OP are calling you out.* Someone who has been around for so long should know better.* If you were on your way out then maybe you should have NOT posted it.* But you did, therefore don't get mad at the backlash.</P>

If you read through the posts I did in a thread right after you posted the link to show it was incorrect. Then I even edited my original post, to say so. So do you need blood w/that edit, or did you happen to miss it?

</P>

Apparently I did miss it,*bur*I might have also stopped caring after I corrected your erroneous thread.* I also apologize for mistakenly claiming you got "worked up or defensive", I guess I was just thrown off when you decided to post a Glen Beck's top 10 countdown thread in a Giants forum.</P>

*</P>Beck was brought up,when the other poster used him as an example, so I used him as a retort. Really that simple. Not sure if you missed that as well. I was not the op who mentioned him or Rush, I went with Strahan.

And as I said to the other poster I am done debating something that we can apparently agree to disagree on. So there is no point in going in circles and wasting any of our times or the readers for that matter. Adults can agree to disagree and move on.

gmen46
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM

Dude, I mean it's not really a big deal,* if I was you I would just man up and move on.* You have been a member since '02 with almost 10k posts and supposedly 99% of your posts always have links/sources, that's alot of sources!!.* You're getting all defensive because you posted a topic with no proof to back it up from a BSPN analyst (I believe they are the most biased radio/tv network) and OP are calling you out.* Someone who has been around for so long should know better.* If you were on your way out then maybe you should have NOT posted it.* But you did, therefore don't get mad at the backlash.</P>

</P>

Apparently I did miss it,*bur*I might have also stopped caring after I corrected your erroneous thread.* I also apologize for mistakenly claiming you got "worked up or defensive", I guess I was just thrown off when you decided to post a Glen Beck's top 10 countdown thread in a Giants forum.</P>

*</P>

You are the MAN

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM

</P>

Apparently I did miss it,burI might have also stopped caring after I corrected your erroneous thread. I also apologize for mistakenly claiming you got "worked up or defensive", I guess I was just thrown off when you decided to post a Glen Beck's top 10 countdown thread in a Giants forum.</P>

</P>

You are the MAN</P>

Ha call it like I see it!</P>

DragonSoul
12-23-2011, 11:16 PM

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232</P>Apparently your site is either incorrect (or you assumed it was based on just receivers and not the whole group ala HB/FBs as well), or they are talking about drops by all offensive players, not just Receivers.

As I was referring to our receivers ala the title of the thread that was based on Cowherds statements. Not based on everyone who has a chance to catch the ball (hb/fb).

So Cowherd (I) may have been correct when referring to just the wrs not the hb/fb spot.

===================================

According to this : http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/34287/final-word-nfc-east-45

Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five.

---------------------------------------------------------
So.....

jomo
12-23-2011, 11:52 PM

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&amp;range=NFL&amp;rank=232</P>Apparently your site is either incorrect (or you assumed it was based on just receivers and not the whole group ala HB/FBs as well), or they are talking about drops by all offensive players, not just Receivers. As I was referring to our receivers ala the title of the thread that was based on Cowherds statements. Not based on everyone who has a chance to catch the ball (hb/fb). So Cowherd (I) may have been correct when referring to just the wrs not the hb/fb spot. =================================== According to this : http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/34287/final-word-nfc-east-45 Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats &amp; Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five. --------------------------------------------------------- So.....I don't want to throw gasoline on this fire but many of you must remember Hixon dropping that sure TD against the Eagles as couple of years ago..........[:(]

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 12:30 AM

Apparently your site is either incorrect (or you assumed it was based on just receivers and not the whole group ala HB/FBs as well), or they are talking about drops by all offensive players, not just Receivers. As I was referring to our receivers ala the title of the thread that was based on Cowherds statements. Not based on everyone who has a chance to catch the ball (hb/fb). So Cowherd (I) may have been correct when referring to just the wrs not the hb/fb spot. =================================== According to this : http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/34287/final-word-nfc-east-45 Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats &amp; Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five. --------------------------------------------------------- So.....</P>

5 drops in the past 2 weeks doesnt help their case. Yeah, that stat might have been for all backs/WR. Anyways, one thing we could agree on is that these drops are killing us.</P>

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to bump this up, for some who missed it, or want to man up 4 their mistakes :)

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Just wanted to bump this up, for some who missed it, or want to man up 4 their mistakes :)
If this is aimed at me, what should I man up for bro? You posted that stat a game later, of course stats are going to change, you came back on here 12 days after the original post you made and posted that stat. So a game later, stats change... And its pretty sad that your pushing your own thread this hard.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 01:28 PM
and you are clearly still wrong because you "heard" that the Giants LEAD the Nfl in drops, but they dont. They are in 2nd. Thus, proving that you are still incorrect.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat? Come on guys really!!!</p>

Definately NOT. We are ranked 15th, no where near last year's debaucle.</p>

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&amp;range=NFL&amp;rank=232</p>Apparently your site is either incorrect (or you assumed it was based on just receivers and not the whole group ala HB/FBs as well), or they are talking about drops by all offensive players, not just Receivers. As I was referring to our receivers ala the title of the thread that was based on Cowherds statements. Not based on everyone who has a chance to catch the ball (hb/fb). So Cowherd (I) may have been correct when referring to just the wrs not the hb/fb spot. =================================== According to this : http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/34287/final-word-nfc-east-45 Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats &amp; Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five. --------------------------------------------------------- So.....I don't want to throw gasoline on this fire but many of you must remember Hixon dropping that sure TD against the Eagles as couple of years ago..........[:(]

Followed by a deafening chorus of how much he sucked. The fact that he was one of the NFL receivers with the LEAST drops that season had no impact on the calls for his balls.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Is this the 2nd and or 3rd year straight for this type of great stat? Come on guys really!!!</p>

Definately NOT.* We are ranked 15th, no where near last year's debaucle.</p>

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232</p>Apparently your site is either incorrect (or you assumed it was based on just receivers and not the whole group ala HB/FBs as well), or they are talking about drops by all offensive players, not just Receivers. As I was referring to our receivers ala the title of the thread that was based on Cowherds statements. Not based on everyone who has a chance to catch the ball (hb/fb). So Cowherd (I) may have been correct when referring to just the wrs not the hb/fb spot. =================================== According to this : http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/34287/final-word-nfc-east-45 Hang on tight: Even if the Giants' offensive line can keep the Jets away from quarterback Eli Manning, Manning will need his receivers to catch the ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns. Hakeem Nicks' drop of what would have been a long touchdown pass early in the Week 15 loss to Washington stands out, but the team has five drops in the past two weeks. Victor Cruz leads the team with seven this season, and Nicks, Jake Ballard and Mario Manningham have five. --------------------------------------------------------- So.....I don't want to throw gasoline on this fire but many of you must remember Hixon dropping that sure TD against the Eagles as couple of years ago..........[:(]

Followed by a deafening chorus of how much he sucked.* The fact that he was one of the NFL receivers with the LEAST drops that season had no impact on the calls for his balls.

Remember that play...Play action pass from Eli manning...hixon wide open...DROPPED! ehhh set the tone for the game.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 01:41 PM
If this is aimed at me, what should I man up for bro? You posted that stat a game later, of course stats are going to change, you came back on here 12 days after the original post you made and posted that stat. So a game later, stats change... And its pretty sad that your pushing your own thread this hard.Sorry to break it to you. But the numbers were right. You either Did not read the THREAD TITLE, or did not RESEARCH the STATS. As the TITLE states WRS, and yours was based on ALL players to drop the ball. HB/FB and even TE possibly.

So your site info made this thread look questionable. Yet you yourself did not look up the info. Sad thing was I was going to ask you if you researched the site and how they get the stats, but I figured since you were all about RESEARCH you did. Apparently you were WRONG.

MAN UP AS YOU LIKE TO SAY...

If you also think those stats are wrong. Go back and do the basic math. Not hard. We were 15th based on your site (with all drops), but only 2 overall drops from top 7 if i recall.

But this thread was based on WRS, not ALL. You misrepresented your site, without research, and then called me out.

Classic... So continue.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 01:43 PM
and you are clearly still wrong because <font color="#0000FF" size="5">you "heard" that the Giants LEAD the Nfl in drops,</font> but they dont. They are in 2nd. Thus, proving that you are still incorrect.

Wrong, learn to read the title of the thread. "Heard earlier today that the <font color="#006400" size="5">NYG WRs LEAD NFL in DROPS!</font> (thread/2393920.aspx)<font color="#006400" size="5">"</font>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 01:51 PM
If this is aimed at me, what should I man up for bro? You posted that stat a game later, of course stats are going to change, you came back on here 12 days after the original post you made and posted that stat. So a game later, stats change... And its pretty sad that your pushing your own thread this hard.Sorry to break it to you. But the numbers were right. You either Did not read the THREAD TITLE, or did not RESEARCH the STATS. As the TITLE states WRS, and yours was based on ALL players to drop the ball. HB/FB and even TE possibly.

So your site info made this thread look questionable. Yet you yourself did not look up the info. Sad thing was I was going to ask you if you researched the site and how they get the stats, but I figured since you were all about RESEARCH you did. Apparently you were WRONG.

If you also think those stats are wrong. Go back and do the basic math. Not hard. We were 15th based on your site (with all drops), but only 2 overall drops from top 7 if i recall.

But this thread was based on WRS, not ALL. You misrepresented your site, without research, and then called me out.

Classic... So continue.
Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns...

That says second right?

Second is after first right?

And I definately didnt call you out, just said you were wrong...which you are...Do the Giants WR LEAD the nfl in drops?

miked1958
12-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Come on guys really!!!

EDIT: Apparently Collin Cowherd was blowing smoke lol. Either way they need to stop it!

Edit #2 : Apparently this thread may have been correct based on Cowherds statements if you read my updated post on page 5...
Doesn't surprise me

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Classic... So continue.
Giants receivers have 28 dropped passes this season, second-most in the league behind the Cleveland Browns...

That says second right?

And I definately didnt call you out, just said you were wrong...which you are...Do the Giants WR LEAD the nfl in drops?
And you are nailing me for my research on the website, leading to "incorrect" info passed on. dude you started a thread leading with "i heard", so you yourself didnt research the actual info. you just heard it and passed it on...that itself is questionable, what seperated your info from the millions of garbage useless info we hear everyday on the giants? NOTHING. I am going to start a thread saying " I heard Osi is the all time leader in FF, I heard it from Skip Bayless"...You started a thread about stats, with no info or research to back it up, just trusting Cowherd....Then your mad at me bc I researched it and provided a link where I thought showed proof we werent (WRs) leading in drops. I was wrong bc it was all backs. but YOU were wrong too bc your stat proved they werent LEADING. They are second. so you are STILL WRONG. you are also getting at me for posting the wrong research, well you didnt post any research for your misled thread. You are basically gossiping and spreading non researched info. Agree or not its the truth.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Classic... So continue.

That says second right?

And I definately didnt call you out, just said you were wrong...which you are...Do the Giants WR LEAD the nfl in drops?To date... Nope, but as you mentioned when it was posted. They could have been when it was said(posted).

Point is, they were not 15th when you posted (or am i incorrect?), and the WRS could have been 1st, and cleveland took them over weeks (2-3) later.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Classic... So continue.

That says second right?

And you are nailing me for my research on the website, leading to "incorrect" info passed on. dude you started a thread leading with "i heard", so you yourself didnt research the actual info. you just heard it and passed it on...that itself is questionable, what seperated your info from the millions of garbage useless info we hear everyday on the giants? NOTHING. I am going to start a thread saying " I heard Osi is the all time leader in FF, I heard it from Skip Bayless"...You started a thread about stats, with no info or research to back it up, just trusting Cowherd....Then your mad at me bc I researched it and provided a link where I thought showed proof we werent (WRs) leading in drops. I was wrong bc it was all backs. but YOU were wrong too bc your stat proved they werent LEADING. They are second. so you are STILL WRONG. you are also getting at me for posting the wrong research, well you didnt post any research for your misled thread. You are basically gossiping and spreading non researched info. Agree or not its the truth.Did not even have to read it all. Did you research the site you used? Obviously you have not as you used them incorrectly.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 02:05 PM

Classic... So continue.

That says second right?

And you are nailing me for my research on the website, leading to "incorrect" info passed on. dude you started a thread leading with "i heard", so you yourself didnt research the actual info. you just heard it and passed it on...that itself is questionable, what seperated your info from the millions of garbage useless info we hear everyday on the giants? NOTHING. I am going to start a thread saying " I heard Osi is the all time leader in FF, I heard it from Skip Bayless"...You started a thread about stats, with no info or research to back it up, just trusting Cowherd....Then your mad at me bc I researched it and provided a link where I thought showed proof we werent (WRs) leading in drops. I was wrong bc it was all backs. but YOU were wrong too bc your stat proved they werent LEADING. They are second. so you are STILL WRONG. you are also getting at me for posting the wrong research, well you didnt post any research for your misled thread. You are basically gossiping and spreading non researched info. Agree or not its the truth.Did not even have to read it all. Did you research the site you used? Obviously you have not as you used them incorrectly.
Listen man, regardless, what proves my point, is that currently still do NOT lead the nfl in drops. And the greatest part of this thread is this...that at this current time, STILL, you still do NOT know if the Giants led the NFL in drops at the time you posted the original thread. So instead of WASTING so much time trying to prove that my info was wrong, why dont you spend time trying to figure out if your original statement was even right. Since you still do not know....

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Good thing this board doesn't have requirements because people can post useless information that they "heard". And after 100's of posts later, STILL cannot prove their original statement true.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Good thing this board doesn't have requirements because people can post useless information that they "heard". And after 100's of posts later, STILL cannot prove their original statement true.You are now being silly. Many say I heard this from Ralph V, or this from Carl Banks and Bob Poppa.

There is a BIG difference between hearing it from a friend, without doing research, or a source that gets their info based normally from research. If you cannot see that, then there is no hope for you...

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Good thing this board doesn't have requirements because people can post useless information that they "heard". And after 100's of posts later, STILL cannot prove their original statement true.You are now being silly. Many say I heard this from Ralph V, or this from Carl Banks and Bob Poppa.

There is a BIG difference between hearing it from a friend, without doing research, or a source that gets their info based normally from research. If you cannot see that, then there is no hope for you...
Many say I heard this from Ralph V, or this from Carl Banks and Bob Poppa.

We are not talking about many. We are talking about you and your post. I would not take Colin Cowherd as a reliable source. Just like Adam Schefter, also employed by ESPN, have a reputation of making erroneus statements that have no basis. John Clayton, many espn analysts are barn burners. Just toss gasoline around and hope it catches fire. You took a statement, made a thread, and ran with it..Then still cannot prove your point valid to this day! Almost 3 weeks later!!!!!

Bro, I am done debating about this, I still have tons of respect as a poster for you, dont forget that..BUT until you can prove your original post, which is the Giants lead the nfl in drops.. which I was debating, then as far as I am concerned, this is done.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 03:09 PM
And on a final note. We will let the forum members read, and decide for themselves.

I posted it based on a national media guy who has people who do the stats and info for his show, as many do in that type of setting.

It was clearly stated back then it was the WRS not all the players. You brought in a site that YOU DID NOT RESEARCH, and without reading the topic of thread (which makes it even worse), you thought it was based on all players, not just WRS as stated in my Titled Thread.

So yea I will go with a guy who has the backing, and research, and based on the numbers goes to the point of the thread. While you brought in a website you had no clue about, and tried to pass it off as if the personality was incorrect, when what you did was incorrect.

Back then based on his info, it was right, now Cleveland might have leaped in front of the Giants, but back then Guess what? Yea...

So the people can read and decide.

PS... You still dismissed the fact that you misread my thread title.

You also dismissed the fact that your site has nothing to do with just WRS, so either you used it based on a false premise of all players, or you failed to do you research on the subject of the title.

PSS. If you cannot see all this, then apparently there is no hope for you, and you are not a man that mans up as you pound your chest and gleefully boast that you do when you are incorrect/wrong, as mentioned since you ignored the previous facts ala PS.

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM

We are not talking about many. We are talking about you and your post. I would not take Colin Cowherd as a reliable source. Just like Adam Schefter, also employed by ESPN, have a reputation of making erroneus statements that have no basis. John Clayton, many espn analysts are barn burners. Just toss gasoline around and hope it catches fire. You took a statement, made a thread, and ran with it..Then still cannot prove your point valid to this day! Almost 3 weeks later!!!!!

Bro, I am done debating about this, I still have tons of respect as a poster for you, dont forget that..BUT until you can prove your original post, which is the Giants lead the nfl in drops.. which I was debating, then as far as I am concerned, this is done.Well then thats where you are wrong, as some people take those and others as reliable sources, while others do not take some that we may take as reliable sources.

I take people as reliable sources till proven wrong. Cowherd I do not hear much from since I am not usually in the car when he is on, but I heard that, and he seems to be correct. If I was to hear him say other things that were incorrect then I would agree with you, and say hey, I cannot trust him based on previous episodes.

Similar to Mort from ESPN. Based on seeing how his info tends to be wrong, everything he says i take with a grain of salt, and would either look into, or see if other reliable sources that I feel are just that, are saying the same thing or not.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Bro, I am done debating about this, I still have tons of respect as a poster for you, dont forget that..BUT until you can prove your original post, which is the Giants lead the nfl in drops.. which I was debating, then as far as I am concerned, this is done.Well then thats where you are wrong, as some people take those and others as reliable sources, while others do not take some that we may take as reliable sources.

I take people as reliable sources till proven wrong. Cowherd I do not hear much from since I am not usually in the car when he is on, but I heard that, and he seems to be correct. If I was to hear him say other things that were incorrect then I would agree with you, and say hey, I cannot trust him based on previous episodes.

Similar to Mort from ESPN. Based on seeing how his info tends to be wrong, everything he says i take with a grain of salt, and would either look into, or see if other reliable sources that I feel are just that, are saying the same thing or not.
Man you do not let it go. I do not take espn as credible sources. They haven't earned the nickname "BSPN" for nothing..If you take Cowherd as a reliable source, ok, thats you, not me. And like I said, I AM DONE talking about this until you prove that the Giants WR led the league in drops at the time you posted that. When/ IF you do, I will gladly admit I was wrong. And yet, after all this, you still havent.

giantsfan420
12-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Bro, I am done debating about this, I still have tons of respect as a poster for you, dont forget that..BUT until you can prove your original post, which is the Giants lead the nfl in drops.. which I was debating, then as far as I am concerned, this is done.

r u really still trying to act like u were right eliisthefranchise?

its over, u were wrong. its already been discussed by several nfl analysts and numbers guys, the giants as of right now are #2 not just for wr's but for the entire team. we have i believe 28 or something and the browns have a few more.

the giants have had serious issues with dropped passes for years, and the OP posted what cowherd said which turns out to be true. give it up, u were wrong. happens to everyone

giantsfan420
12-26-2011, 03:34 PM
and when it comes to stats, espn is reliable. name one source more reliable about stats then espn...not bs "roster rumors" but cold hard stats...i'll wait...bc there is none.

espn may be bs on things like drafts, trades, and FA moves/coaching moves, but in terms of stats, they are very accurate

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 03:55 PM

r u really still trying to act like u were right eliisthefranchise?

its over, u were wrong. its already been discussed by several nfl analysts and numbers guys, the giants as of right now are #2 not just for wr's but for the entire team. we have i believe 28 or something and the browns have a few more.

the giants have had serious issues with dropped passes for years, and the OP posted what cowherd said which turns out to be true. give it up, u were wrong. happens to everyone
Bro what am I wrong about??? haha, like this is hilarious. Please explain to me!! So you are saying for the entire team, which my first stat was about.. and Dragonsoul said its for the WR, so you are defending him on a subject he is not debating about.

Me and dragonsoul are not speaking of the team, which I originally posted, we are speaking of the WR's.

So in your case, you either are confused on what we are talking about or dont know what you are talking about.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 03:56 PM
and when it comes to stats, espn is reliable. name one source more reliable about stats then espn...not bs "roster rumors" but cold hard stats...i'll wait...bc there is none.

espn may be bs on things like drafts, trades, and FA moves/coaching moves, but in terms of stats, they are very accurate

NFL Network. thats one. there you could stop waiting.. smh

DragonSoul
12-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Your funny. I proved it with ESPN and their stats from what Cowherd said. As you say prove me wrong?

Then again you come in with a complete bogus site stats per what the topic was about, wrs not all. And again did you fact check their site?

Btw if you do not trust Espn STATS then you have an issue. Because NFL Network as many other sites have opinion based info and STAT (FACT) based info.

Your post and site was FALSE advertisement, and misleading...Mine was not and again prove me wrong!!!

If you cannot see that, then you are right. Nothing more 2 discuss and you and gmen can pay your games, and the ppl can decide for themselves as I have said.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Your funny. I proved it with ESPN and their stats from what Cowherd said. As you say prove me wrong?

Then again you come in with a complete bogus site stats per what the topic was about, wrs not all. And again did you fact check their site?

Btw if you do not trust Espn STATS then you have an issue. Because NFL Network as many other sites have opinion based info and STAT (FACT) based info.

Your post and site was FALSE advertisement, and misleading...Mine was not and again prove me wrong!!!

If you cannot see that, then you are right. Nothing more 2 discuss and you and gmen can pay your games, and the ppl can decide for themselves as I have said.

My site was not bogus, it was national newspaper who gets their stats from STATS, LLC. Not bogus, one bit. So yes, I did fact check.

I cannot find ANYWHERE that at one time, the Giants WR led the league in drops this year. Please show me and I will gladfully admit I was wrong. I do not want a comical answer as you have provided. "It's right because Colin said it was..." Show me on espn's website a link to where it showed the Giants WR led the league in drops at the time you made this thread.

You keep leading people away from the main point of this debate. I do not take Colin's word because people make mistakes. So YES I DISAGREE WITH YOUR MAIN POINT. I JUST WANT YOU TO PROVE TO ME THAT THE GIANTS WR LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPS AT THAT TIME! SHOW ME !!!! Show me a link on ESPN's sites with numbers saying that the Giants WR led the league in drops at period of time. I can't find anything on ESPN that even backs up those erroneous statements. Geez get to the freaking point, stop arguing, SHOW ME FACTS! NOT JUST COLIN COWHERD SAID IT!!!!

giantsfan420
12-26-2011, 06:33 PM

huh? espn is excellent at stats. im not trying to start up with u, but r u really saying in terms of stats, espn is bs? nfl network is nothing but talking heads discussing rumors and possibilities. u use nfl network for stats??

when i want to look up pure stats, espn is tops in my book.

besides, what is ur point? cowherd said something, the OP discussed it. u said the OP was wrong, when really if anything it'd be cowherd was wrong, which he wasnt even wrong to begin with.

i dunno i guess its that hard for u to admit ur wrong. bottom line, the giants are right up there with the browns for most drops. sorry, its the truth. and ur premise was cowherd is a bs source, well turns out he wasnt at all. i heard the ad spot the OP was referring too and he said what cowherd said exactly.

just give it up, the giants are 2nd in drops, and were 1rst for a while. the giants need to start catching consistently and cut the drop bs out.

the end. take care have a good one, lets beat dallas

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-26-2011, 06:36 PM

huh? espn is excellent at stats. im not trying to start up with u, but r u really saying in terms of stats, espn is bs? nfl network is nothing but talking heads discussing rumors and possibilities. u use nfl network for stats??

besides, what is ur point? cowherd said something, the OP discussed it. u said the OP was wrong, when really if anything it'd be cowherd was wrong, which he wasnt even wrong to begin with.

i dunno i guess its that hard for u to admit ur wrong. bottom line, the giants are right up there with the browns for most drops. sorry, its the truth. and ur premise was cowherd is a bs source, well turns out he wasnt at all. i heard the ad spot the OP was referring too and he said what cowherd said exactly.

just give it up, the giants are 2nd in drops, and were 1rst for a while. the giants need to start catching consistently and cut the drop bs out.

We are up there in drops. not trying to go on anymore, just wanted a link so I can see for myself bc I still dont believe the Giants were ever first in drops. When someone provides I will gladfully be quiet and give them their due and admit I am wrong. Like you said, Go Giants!

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 12:45 AM

We are up there in drops. not trying to go on anymore, just wanted a link so I can see for myself bc I still dont believe the Giants were ever first in drops. When someone provides I will gladfully be quiet and give them their due and admit I am wrong. Like you said, Go Giants!Find me where it says they weren't when this was posted.

But on another note. I cannot find it, as those seem hard to find. I went with what was said, and based on numbers as mentioned before what was mentioned by Cowherd seem to prove what he said was true.

The only stats that show drops was the site that you used. Problem is with your site, it is based on ALL drops from ALL players, not broken down into specific positions.

As you said, feel free to prove me wrong. I went with what was said based....whatever, done repeating myself.

Believe what you want. As i said, the posters can decide for themselves...Go Giants...

chasjay
12-27-2011, 12:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/36797/browns-tied-for-nfl-lead-in-drops

try cut and paste

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 01:01 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/36797/browns-tied-for-nfl-lead-in-drops

try cut and paste

+1

i have to admit tho i agreed with elisthefranchise when i heard cowherd say that bc i thought it was off, but thats bc we as fans have short term memory (the last loss or win seems like the only thing we remember)

Ballard, Nicks, MM, and Cruz all have had numerous drops on a game by game basis, not to mention how many times our RB's drop check downs.

its really got to stop, and honestly is a testament to how well Eli has played. He's put up HUGE numbers with maybe 10 or so dropped TD passes that really should have been caught easily.

its ok tho if they can right the wrong starting vs dallas this sunday.

i swear if ballard drops a pass early im gonna flip

chasjay
12-27-2011, 01:14 AM

try cut and paste

+1

i have to admit tho i agreed with elisthefranchise when i heard cowherd say that bc i thought it was off, but thats bc we as fans have short term memory (the last loss or win seems like the only thing we remember)

Ballard, Nicks, MM, and Cruz all have had numerous drops on a game by game basis, not to mention how many times our RB's drop check downs.

its really got to stop, and honestly is a testament to how well Eli has played. He's put up HUGE numbers with maybe 10 or so dropped TD passes that really should have been caught easily.

If the defense has the kind of game they had against the Jets, it is up to the offense to execute against Dallas. Not just the drops, but getting a little separation. If there is no separation at all, even a perfect pass can be defensed - there were plenty of those against the Jets. I want another game after Dallas.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 02:25 AM

try cut and paste

see but even that is for all backs, not just receivers, look at the bottom..They have Montario hardesty as someone with drops, he is a RB.

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 02:46 AM

try cut and paste
Thanks, but again it won't matter! Surprised I have not seen Gmen in here.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 02:54 AM

try cut and paste
Thanks, but again it won't matter! Surprised I have not seen Gmen in here.
That stat involves RB too.

giantsfan420
12-27-2011, 03:06 AM
wtf does that have to do with anything? the giants led the league in dropped passes and are now second.

rbs are members of the team too ya know

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 12:10 PM
wtf does that have to do with anything? the giants led the league in dropped passes and are now second.

Read the title of the thread genius. When I posted my link, it contained dropped passes for all the backs not just WRs. It was deemed incorrect since it had all backs.

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Read the title of the thread genius. When I posted my link, it contained dropped passes for all the backs not just WRs. It was deemed incorrect since it had all backs.Ding Ding Ding....sooooo!? you just proved that you posted incorrectly. Since yours was based on ALL players and I was speaking of WRS only.

That in itself should be an apology :-) As I was trying to get across to you.

Sarcasman
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM

try cut and paste

+1

If the defense has the kind of game they had against the Jets, it is up to the offense to execute against Dallas. Not just the drops, but getting a little separation. If there is no separation at all, even a perfect pass can be defensed - there were plenty of those against the Jets. I want another game after Dallas.

True.

But let's not confuse simultaneously occupying the field with an incredibly inept offense and playing good defense.

They're not the same thing.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:35 PM

Read the title of the thread genius. When I posted my link, it contained dropped passes for all the backs not just WRs. It was deemed incorrect since it had all backs.Ding Ding Ding....sooooo!? you just proved that you posted incorrectly. Since yours was based on ALL players and I was speaking of WRS only.

bro, you must not read my posts, I have already said my info was wrong based on stats, my info was the stats for all Backs. If you were waiting for that the whole time, you have gotten it a while ago. Now, since you got that, can you provide me a link where it said the Giants WR led the league in drops..are you sure that cowherd didnt mean the Giants "TEAM" rather then the "WRs"?

---------------------------------------------------
Because if you cannot find it, I believe either
a)you heard cowherd wrong
b)cowherd meant the team and not just the WRs...

Greg little has 12 alone...cruz ballard nicks have 17 together...mario/barden/jernigan/thomas have under 5 because none of them are ranked in the top 15...this leads me to believe my theory above.

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 01:41 PM

bro, you must not read my posts, I have already said my info was wrong based on stats, my info was the stats for all Backs. If you were waiting for that the whole time, you have gotten it a while ago. Now, since you got that, can you provide me a link where it said the Giants WR led the league in drops..are you sure that cowherd didnt mean the Giants "TEAM" rather then the "WRs"?He said WRS, that is why i Posted WR and as well in CAPS! I figured it was all, but when i heard WRS I was surprised and thought it would be a good discussion and also show how much Eli was doing even with his WRS were dropping the ball (literally and figuratively).

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 01:43 PM

bro, you must not read my posts, I have already said my info was wrong based on stats, my info was the stats for all Backs. If you were waiting for that the whole time, you have gotten it a while ago. Now, since you got that, can you provide me a link where it said the Giants WR led the league in drops..are you sure that cowherd didnt mean the Giants "TEAM" rather then the "WRs"?He said WRS, that is why i Posted WR and as well in CAPS! I figured it was all, but when i heard WRS I was surprised and thought it would be a good discussion and also show how much Eli was doing even with his WRS were dropping the ball (literally and figuratively).
This has been a great debate, where STILL there hasn't been concrete proof to back up Cowherd's statement. Just because he said it isn't sufficient enough, we both know that. But, like I said this has been great. I have no hard feelings bro, even if things did get a little intense LOL..

Tony Bruno
12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Thats because we pass to much... Of course the drops go at a higher rate...

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 01:53 PM

This has been a great debate, where STILL there hasn't been concrete proof to back up Cowherd's statement. Just because he said it isn't sufficient enough, we both know that. But, like I said this has been great. I have no hard feelings bro, even if things did get a little intense LOL..I have no hard feelings either bro. Its a MB, how serious can it be.

PS if thats you in the service attire. I salute you for your service to our great country. Thank you very much for your service, and have a happy New Year!

Joe Morrison
12-27-2011, 01:56 PM
wtf does that have to do with anything? the giants led the league in dropped passes and are now second. rbs are members of the team too ya know Read the title of the thread genius. When I posted my link, it contained dropped passes for all the backs not just WRs. It was deemed incorrect since it had all backs.Ding Ding Ding....sooooo!? you just proved that you posted incorrectly. Since yours was based on ALL players and I was speaking of WRS only. That in itself should be an apology :-) As I was trying to get across to you. bro, you must not read my posts, I have already said my info was wrong based on stats, my info was the stats for all Backs. If you were waiting for that the whole time, you have gotten it a while ago. Now, since you got that, can you provide me a link where it said the Giants WR led the league in drops..are you sure that cowherd didnt mean the Giants "TEAM" rather then the "WRs"?He said WRS, that is why i Posted WR and as well in CAPS! I figured it was all, but when i heard WRS I was surprised and thought it would be a good discussion and also show how much Eli was doing even with his WRS were dropping the ball (literally and figuratively). This has been a great debate, where STILL there hasn't been concrete proof to back up Cowherd's statement. Just because he said it isn't sufficient enough, we both know that. But, like I said this has been great. I have no hard feelings bro, even if things did get a little intense LOL..I have no hard feelings either bro. Its a MB, how serious can it be. PS if thats you in the service attire. I salute you for your service to our great country. Thank you very much for your service, and have a happy New Year!</P>

Know they had the 2nd most going into the Jets game so Nicks probably put them over the top!</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-27-2011, 02:01 PM

This has been a great debate, where STILL there hasn't been concrete proof to back up Cowherd's statement. Just because he said it isn't sufficient enough, we both know that. But, like I said this has been great. I have no hard feelings bro, even if things did get a little intense LOL..I have no hard feelings either bro. Its a MB, how serious can it be.

PS if thats you in the service attire. I salute you for your service to our great country. Thank you very much for your service, and have a happy New Year!
yes thats me...thanks anytime? lol you too