PDA

View Full Version : Any guesses on whether Barden survives the cut?

Razur
08-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Is he still under-achieving ? Could he be kept just for his height in the GREEN ZONE situations? 6' 6" , the tallest in the stable...Or is he done?

Captain Chaos
08-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Oh don't tell me another "let's bash Barden thread" Yak.......

OX1
08-22-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd cut him........

Hakeeeem88
08-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I expect him to get more looks this season and think this is probably his last year to try and prove that he can be a big time green zone threat.

Tuckit91
08-22-2012, 05:38 PM
I think he gets cut this year and another team will pick him up

Razur
08-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Well I hope he can ! Like I said..that height and jump could be a great weapon...@ Captain..wasn't implying anything..just asking for opinions! Did you have one? Thanks OX1 ,Hakeeeem88 !

Razur
08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Thats is my concern Tuckit91...our luck his talent shows up elsewhere.

Diamondring
08-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes it is time to cut him loose when the first cuts come along.

river555
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
i look at it this way....even if he makes the team he will be #6 behind JJ, Randle and Hixon. Being #6 means he will be inactive for many games and when he is actibe he wont get much playing time anyway. He's in his last year of his contract and hes gone after this season. Therefore, why bother keeping him on the roster? Cut him now and give that roster spot to a younger WR who will be around for a few years...Douglas, DePalma, Stanbach etc.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-22-2012, 06:39 PM
"The Barden Project" has been cut due to financial constraints, but mostly due to him not being able to read/understand our playbook. He is the "WEAKEST RECIEVER" Goodbye!

RoanokeFan
08-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Ask again after the Patriot's game

titwio
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I think he's gone unless he shows some big revelation in the last two preseason games....and even if he does, I just see them keeping him around for depth.

I don't really want to bash on the guy but he doesn't flash, he doesn't play ST's and he has problems staying healthy. On top of that he's not the best route runner, doesn't have very good speed and the Giants don't even exploit his biggest attribute which is the fade route.

I'd have no problems if he got cut. He's a nice guy and all but I haven't seem any sense of urgency or any leap in progression from the guy from year to year. David Douglas is the guy I think they'll make room for on the depth chart....imo.

Snappinnecks
08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Douglas gets my vote! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ahy6IIZHTI&hd=1)

dnotch121
08-22-2012, 07:12 PM
He sucks....cut ties lets move on. Dude is big for no reason, cant use his body to box out CB's

nycisgreat
08-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Is he still under-achieving ? Could he be kept just for his height in the GREEN ZONE situations? 6' 6" , the tallest in the stable...Or is he done?

I think at this point it is a toss up. The guy clearly isn't living up to expectations.

Toadofsteel
08-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I think Stanback gets his spot...

jomo
08-22-2012, 08:12 PM
See yah............

OX1
08-22-2012, 08:44 PM
i look at it this way....even if he makes the team he will be #6 behind JJ, Randle and Hixon. Being #6 means he will be inactive for many games and when he is actibe he wont get much playing time anyway. He's in his last year of his contract and hes gone after this season. Therefore, why bother keeping him on the roster? Cut him now and give that roster spot to a younger WR who will be around for a few years...Douglas, DePalma, Stanbach etc.

My feelings also. Give someone a chance that might pan out.
Thats how we find guys that we didn't even know we had.

jomo
08-22-2012, 08:47 PM
That ball is going, going it is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redeyejedi
08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
He gets cut and ends up in Miami or the Jets

jomo
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
He gets cut and ends up in Miami or the JetsThat makes perfect sense. Remember, he is tall.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Just be done with Barden, He has sucked money outta this org for too long that could have been better spent! Lost cause, cut his ***ZZZZ!

mercurio
08-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Barden was the broad side of the barn that Eli was unable to hit this week. They all need more practice time.

miked1958
08-22-2012, 11:58 PM
With our luck he gets cut and picked up by an NFCE foe. Then he becomes a thorn in our side for years to come.

Diamondring
08-23-2012, 03:20 AM
With our luck he gets cut and picked up by an NFCE foe. Then he becomes a thorn in our side for years to come.

I doubt that a lot. He'll do nothing.

tonyt830
08-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Is he still under-achieving ? Could he be kept just for his height in the GREEN ZONE situations? 6' 6" , the tallest in the stable...Or is he done?Maybe he doesnt go after the first cuts, but if he does not show something after the 4th preseason game, I can see him being cut, even with his 6'6" frame.

I can see Stanback making the final WR spot, since he plays ST, something Barden does not do. Who knows, Collins and Douglas have flashed some and turned a few heads in preseason/camp. But maybe the Giants try to put either one of them on the PS. I have a feeling we will have a better feel after the last preseason game vs the Pats, since most of our rookies will get a lot of playing time.

RagTime Blue
08-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Can you believe we used 2 draft picks on him (kind of like Sinorice)?

Reese even said post-draft 2012 that he doesn't believe in trading up anymore, since that hasn't worked for us.

Some of our other backups are good special teams players too. I'm interested to see if he makes it this year.

GameTime
08-23-2012, 08:52 AM
what makes you think that another team can get out of him what the Giants have been trying to do since day 1. You think the Giants coaches are that bad??
He gets cut and does nothing. He doesnt have the drive or the desire to be an accomplished NFL WR.

JesseJames
08-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Barden doesn't play STs and hasn't shown squat in the passing game so why would the team part with a younger more talented reciever to keep Barden who has shown nothing

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Isnt his main problem his inability to release at the line of scrimmage?

GeoGoGo
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Why doesn't he play on special teams? Just curious. I had such high hopes for him but even I can not support him much longer. If you ask me, he needs to d***le the coaching staff next game.

jimsgints
08-23-2012, 12:22 PM
If he's cut the Pats will pick him up. It's the kind of crappy thing they do.

Razur
08-23-2012, 12:37 PM
If he's cut the Pats will pick him up. It's the kind of crappy thing they do.

Well ,I can see that if he was put on waivers..but if he is cut..that pretty much tells them he isn't worth keeping, and they gain nothing by picking up a player we don't want...they took Ballard ..a valuable player...and we have nobody to blame for that but our own FO.

pj18
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't understand how he seemingly hasn't made ANY progress in his career so far. If he hasn't after 3 seasons in the same system what makes them think he suddenly will now? I know he's kind of considered a high draft pick, but over the years there's been tons of WR drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds that haven't worked out for teams. At least he was in the third.

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Why doesn't he play on special teams? Just curious. I had such high hopes for him but even I can not support him much longer. If you ask me, he needs to d***le the coaching staff next game.

Thats a good question. My guess is he probably isnt physcial enough. I am pretty sure the reports I have read are that he struggles getting off of press coverage and just gets jammed. So he probably doesnt have the physciality needed for ST.

Razur
08-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Thats a good question. My guess is he probably isnt physcial enough. I am pretty sure the reports I have read are that he struggles getting off of press coverage and just gets jammed. So he probably doesnt have the physciality needed for ST.

if that's true...what a waste...we had one helluva scrapper with Plax...We have a great corp now...just wish we had that height advantage once again..plax was practically automatic using it...

RagTime Blue
08-23-2012, 01:39 PM
If we release him, it means he's not a good fit for this team. I don't care who takes him. Sinorice and Steve Smith went to Philly, Plax to the Jets. . .I'm not sure Barden is better than any of those guys, so no biggie.

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 02:54 PM
I would guess he will be back. The other options have looked nice in camp (douglas) but no one has really separated themselves in games so I dont see them cutting there draft choice, despite the fact that he too has not separated himself in games. Game three might give us a better idea. He has started in the first two games. So you can look at it two ways - 1) he is ahead on the depth chart due to practice 2) The giants are begging him to step up. That said they couldve given jernigan that shot too. I think he makes it but there is still evaluation to be done tmrw and weds.

BeatYale
08-23-2012, 04:08 PM

Toughness. Work ethic.

Rudyy
08-23-2012, 04:13 PM
How come we always hear how he's making great progress in camp, but it never transfers onto the field? That's what baffles me.