PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' SCENARIOS TO WIN NFC EAST AFTER VICTORY OVER COWBOYS

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
GIANTS' SCENARIOS TO WIN NFC EAST AFTER VICTORY OVER COWBOYS (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/ny_giants_scenarios_to_win_nfc.html)

"So after <a href="http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_win_37-34_in_last-secon.html">Sunday
night’s victory</a>, what do the Giants need the rest of the way to win the NFC
East? Here’s the breakdown:

-- A better record than the Cowboys over the final three weeks.
Obviously.</p>

-- The same record as Dallas the rest of the way AND a victory over
the Cowboys on Jan. 1. That would give the Giants the head-to-head
tiebreaker.</p>

-- Wins over the Redskins and Jets AND, should the Cowboys beat
Tampa Bay and the Giants, a loss by Dallas to the Eagles on Christmas Eve. The
Giants would win the tiebreaker because of a better record in common games.</p>

-- Any other scenario except the ones listed above would mean the Cowboys win
the NFC East. Tiebreakers in division record and conference record would favor
Dallas in a few scenarios.</p>

</p><div class="entry-content">

-- Now, the one caveat to all of this is if the Eagles tie the Giants,
Cowboys or both at 8-8. Philly would win the division because of a better
divisional record than the Giants and the head-to-head tiebreaker over
Dallas."</p></div>

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Simple, win the next 3 games.

EJ Blue
12-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Simple, win the next 3 games.Do the Giants ever make things simple?

NYfanatic
12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Simple, win the next 3 games.Do the Giants ever make things simple?

not since what the 86 and 90 season?

BParcells777
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
From What I heard we need to beat the Redskins, can lose to the Jets and then beat the Cowboys and we are still in as NFC East Champs

sad it had to come to this.....we lost soooooooooo many close games this year and we beat the Packers as Ballards knee was IN, on a photo from the back of the end zone that was in the NY post..........clearly in, and not touching the white line

wrek537emc
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
thanks for this! I hope the GIANTS don't sleep on the Redskins, Jets, or Cowboys. This team has a real bad habit of playing down to their opponents.

miked1958
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
thanks for this! I hope the GIANTS don't sleep on the Redskins, Jets, or Cowboys. This team has a real bad habit of playing down to their opponents.
Yea, I ran that espn playoff machine over and over and that's the way it comes out. We need Philly to beat Dallas

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 09:31 PM
thanks for this! I hope the GIANTS don't sleep on the Redskins, Jets, or Cowboys. This team has a real bad habit of playing down to their opponents. Yea, I ran that espn playoff machine over and over and that's the way it comes out. We need Philly to beat Dallas</P>

If we both win week 15..</P>

then giants win week 16 and dal loses week 16</P>

we could lose against dallas in week 17 </P>

and still clinch..</P>

we win out and we are good.</P>

</P>

stormin normand
12-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Wonder what I am missing dont like second guessing yo, But.
Giants conf record= 4-6 would finish 5-7
Dallas conf record 5-4 would finish 7-5 they would get the tie breaker

krygny
12-17-2011, 12:05 AM
If we beat the Foreskins, the Jets game doesn't matter at all. But the Dallas game becomes like a playoff game that we host. So I wonder how Coughlin will treat the Jets game. I'm sure we will play all our healthy starters but we don't want anybody injured or any injuries made worse.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-17-2011, 12:39 AM
If we beat the Foreskins, the Jets game doesn't matter at all. But the Dallas game becomes like a playoff game that we host. So I wonder how Coughlin will treat the Jets game. I'm sure we will play all our healthy starters but we don't want anybody injured or any injuries made worse.

</P>

Dallas needs to beat philly ..if we both win week 15</P>

and we win against jets and they lose to philly</P>

week 17 will not matter</P>

Overdrive92
12-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Reading that makes my brain hurt.

Go Buccaneers tomorrow night!

giantsfan420
12-17-2011, 01:03 AM

i think it goes common opponent record then conference and we would beat there common opponent record if we beat washington and the jets, and they lose to philly.

basically, if we beat washington and the jets, and dallas beats TB but loses to philly, the final week does not matter we would get in.

this is all moot bc dallas is losing tmrw night and then vs philly. they are collapsing. they lost murray and already got rid of choice. there healthy rbs are felix jones and sammy morris, lol whose 35. felix jones is not an everydown back to begin with, now he's gonna have to shoulder the load every snap all game?

plus the defense is falling apart, and regardless of tb record, they are still a very talented team with nothing to lose who will view there national, prime time game vs dallas as there championship game to build on for next year.
and philly owns dallas especially in december make or break games.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2011, 01:07 AM
From What I heard we need to beat the Redskins, can lose to the Jets and then beat the Cowboys and we are still in as NFC East Champs

sad it had to come to this.....we lost soooooooooo many close games this year and we beat the Packers as Ballards knee was IN, on a photo from the back of the end zone that was in the NY post..........clearly in, and not touching the white line
They can lose to the Redskins as well. They need beat either the Jets or Skins and beat Dallas to win the division.They can finish 9-7 same as the Cowboys and win the East with a head to head sweep

stormin normand
12-17-2011, 02:15 AM

i think it goes common opponent record then conference and we would beat there common opponent record if we beat washington and the jets, and they lose to philly.

basically, if we beat washington and the jets, and dallas beats TB but loses to philly, the final week does not matter we would get in.

this is all moot bc dallas is losing tmrw night and then vs philly. they are collapsing. they lost murray and already got rid of choice. there healthy rbs are felix jones and sammy morris, lol whose 35. felix jones is not an everydown back to begin with, now he's gonna have to shoulder the load every snap all game?

plus the defense is falling apart, and regardless of tb record, they are still a very talented team with nothing to lose who will view there national, prime time game vs dallas as there championship game to build on for next year.

Knew I was missing something Noak is usually spot on.
Total brain fart... since realignment Conf record did get moved behind common games.

Sincere apologies to those whom I misled.

Cant believe I screwed the pooch on this especially since it was hotly debated here some time back,

Damn and I should be getting smartet as I age

giantsfan420
12-17-2011, 04:06 AM

Knew I was missing something Noak is usually spot on.
Total brain fart... since realignment Conf record did get moved behind common games.

Sincere apologies to those whom I misled.

Cant believe I screwed the pooch on this especially since it was hotly debated here some time back,

Damn and I should be getting smartet as I age

dont beat urself up over it, it was a simple mistake that anyone could make. in my book u are a very smart, good person (from what i know) so dont sweat it.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Simple, win the next 3 games. Don't even have to do that We gotta win one of the next 2 and beat DALLAS to end reg season and were in! Thats why this Skins game is huge becuaes then we can lose to Jets(hopefully not!) and still have a shot at own destiny by beating DAL on last weekend

Captain Chaos
12-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Simple, win the next 3 games.

Best way to control your destiny!

bigbluegmenfan
12-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Im hoping Christmas Day we wake up as NFC East Champions. We beat Wash and the NYJ while Dallas loses to Philly on Christmas Eve. Wouldnt that be sweet?

miked1958
12-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Im hoping Christmas Day we wake up as NFC East Champions. We beat Wash and the NYJ while Dallas loses to Philly on Christmas Eve. Wouldnt that be sweet?
That's what I am wishing for under my Christmas Tree