PDA

View Full Version : Giants sign DT Marcus Thomas

RoanokeFan
08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
LINK (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_sign_veteran_defensive.html)

Excerpt: "After months of waiting for a call that just wouldn’t come, Marcus Thomas eventually told his agent not to ring his phone unless he was notifying him about a job opportunity.
That call came earlier this month. Thomas answered it. He did not say hello.

“Where am I going?” the veteran defensive tackle, who was training in Florida, immediately asked.

To East Rutherford, where the Giants were suddenly enduring a run of injury issues in the middle of their defensive line. Thomas arrived here last week, impressed the team in a workout, passed a physical and signed a one-year deal for the veteran-minimum salary of $700,000." Read more...

rainierjef
08-22-2012, 08:14 PM
one year deal for 700,000. thats better value than i thought this guy was going to cost. i guess not getting the money he wanted fro denver and being released humbled him enough to take what he can get. hopefully this motivates him to be a force on the D-line; playing for that big check at the end of the year.

*test3

repeatchamps
08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
LINK (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_sign_veteran_defensive.html)

Excerpt: "After months of waiting for a call that just wouldn’t come, Marcus Thomas eventually told his agent not to ring his phone unless he was notifying him about a job opportunity.
That call came earlier this month. Thomas answered it. He did not say hello.
“Where am I going?” the veteran defensive tackle, who was training in Florida, immediately asked.
To East Rutherford, where the Giants were suddenly enduring a run of injury issues in the middle of their defensive line. Thomas arrived here last week, impressed the team in a workout, passed a physical and signed a one-year deal for the veteran-minimum salary of $700,000." Read more...

I guess this is the official announcement which probably partially explains why we had not heard much since the news broke last week.

RoanokeFan
08-22-2012, 08:23 PM
I guess this is the official announcement which probably partially explains why we had not heard much since the news broke last week.

So it would seem