PDA

View Full Version : "Hey___ Coach Wants To See You. Bring Your Playbook."

Cool Papa B.
08-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Okay. We all know after Fridays game vs. the Bears first cuts will be made. 15 guys will get that dreaded call. Honestly, it's been a good camp and I still can't decide who gets cut. I'm routing for Muasau to at least make the practice squad. And I'm hoping the keep Douglas over Barden, but we'll see.

What do you guys think? Who stays, who goes and why.

Mercury
08-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Usually the first round of cuts are names that make you go "who?"

rxc999
08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
not sure about that...this team has lot of good backup players...who may get picked by other teams....

ryan12
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
not sure about that...this team has lot of good backup players...who may get picked by other teams....

agreed its a good problem.. that must be tuff making sure you make the right decision and dont let a good player go... there will be alot of tuff choices for jr and company this year. alot of the undrafted players will be let go first

thomsoad
08-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Right now our D line has too many players neck and neck...plus with the injuries I think we are going to keep all our DL for as long as we can til they figure it all out.

The 3 names in my mind that are gonna get the hammer (unless something amazing happens) are Bruce Johnson, Isaiah Stanback, and Ryan Purvis

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Not sure they all go in the first round of cuts but here are some likely cuts
WR - Julian Talley, Dan Depalma, Brandon Collins (love to get douglas on PS but probably gets cut from 53) Stanback - guy has produced in specials so you never know but probably gets outnumbered
TE - Christian Hopkins Ryan purvis Larry Odonnell,
OL - selvish Capers, Joel Reinders Stephen Goodin, Chris White, Jim Cordle (maybe gets through)
FB - Joe martinek (ps maybe)
RB - Andre Brown

Defense
DT - Oren Wilson (camp body) Carlton Powell
DE - Ojomo (on the bubble but probably a ps guy unless tracy cant get hammy going) Broha - maybe ps. Craig Marshall.
LB - Massaus (to many guys - ps)
CB - Dante Hughes, Laron Scott Antuan Molden Brandon Bing
S - Chris horton Stevie brown Jojo Nicholas

Im actually probably missing some cuts but this is probably a pretty solid guess.

Moke
08-23-2012, 03:49 PM
You really think they're going to cut Christopher Hopkins? And Andre Brown? I'm really hoping they choose Andre Brown over DJ Ware.

Joe Martinek even didn't look that bad.

But then again, there really isn't room.

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Its Christian Hopkins and yes - why would you think they'd keep him? He has played with the threes and done very little. He is behind Bennett Robinson and Pascoe - where would he fit?

Martinek - again playing with threes and Hynoski is a beast at FB - giants aren't keeping 2.

Brown has had very limited carries and the giants (at this point) trust ware more, like it or not.

There are still games to be played but right now the depth chart of who they are playing with - 1's 2's or 3's gives you a good idea of how the giants see them right now. Its not everything but its a good indicator.

Toadofsteel
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Its Christian Hopkins and yes - why would you think they'd keep him? He has played with the threes and done very little. He is behind Bennett Robinson and Pascoe - where would he fit?

Martinek - again playing with threes and Hynoski is a beast at FB - giants aren't keeping 2.

Brown has had very limited carries and the giants (at this point) trust ware more, like it or not.

There are still games to be played but right now the depth chart of who they are playing with - 1's 2's or 3's gives you a good idea of how the giants see them right now. Its not everything but its a good indicator.

I think Brown gets in over Scott. We have a better speedster in Wilson, and Brown provides a different dimension to the running game now that Jacobs is gone.

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Personally i think they go with Scott cause he is younger and has less tread on his tires - brown has had injuries - but I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

JB456
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
You really think they're going to cut Christopher Hopkins? And Andre Brown? I'm really hoping they choose Andre Brown over DJ Ware.

Joe Martinek even didn't look that bad.

But then again, there really isn't room.

If there is only one roster open and it comes down to Brown or Ware, the choice will be Ware and it won't even be close. Now, I'm not saying I totaly agree with that but that is what would happen.

Giantsfan241
08-23-2012, 05:13 PM
"Hey Eli, Carr beat you out, I wish you the best."

Cool Papa B.
08-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I could see Christian Hopkins or one of the other back up TE's being cut. Adrien Robinson is progressing well and I doubt if they keep that many TE on the PS.

Cool Papa B.
08-23-2012, 05:27 PM
And if I had to chose between Barden & Douglas, I'm keeping Douglas. the only thing is I have this bad feeling that Barden might end up in Dallas, Philly or the Jets and ends up helping them win. I just don't think he can make it under Gilbride's system.

B-Red22
08-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Okay. We all know after Fridays game vs. the Bears first cuts will be made. 15 guys will get that dreaded call. Honestly, it's been a good camp and I still can't decide who gets cut. I'm routing for Muasau to at least make the practice squad. And I'm hoping the keep Douglas over Barden, but we'll see.

What do you guys think? Who stays, who goes and why.

First cut goes to Broha!!1

GMENAGAIN
08-23-2012, 05:42 PM
First cut goes to Broha!!1

He's actually looked like a player who may have a plce in this league, although not with us . . . .

Cool Papa B.
08-23-2012, 09:19 PM
first cut goes to broha!!1

lol lol...

miked1958
08-23-2012, 10:20 PM
We will be upset no matter how it shakes out, some good players will land on other teams. Just hope it's not NFCE teams

B-Red22
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM
He's actually looked like a player who may have a plce in this league, although not with us . . . .

I must have missed all that

Cool Papa B.
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Greg Jones might get the ax too. He hasn't really stood this camp and there's a lot of competition at LB.

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Jones has looked much better in camp at the outside backer spot. He is also a very good specials player - i think he will make it.

Rat_bastich
08-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Usually the first round of cuts are names that make you go "who?"

This right here. The next round is where it gets interesting and sad all in one.

wuzpapn
08-24-2012, 08:56 AM
It'd be easier to list the names you HOPE to make the cuts after this week. I'm rooting for Will Hill out of all of them. I just think when you have something to play for you produce at such a high level.

dave56dj
08-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Hill is pretty much a lock at this point.

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Not sure they all go in the first round of cuts but here are some likely cuts
WR - Julian Talley, Dan Depalma, Brandon Collins (love to get douglas on PS but probably gets cut from 53) Stanback - guy has produced in specials so you never know but probably gets outnumbered
TE - Christian Hopkins Ryan purvis Larry Odonnell,
OL - selvish Capers, Joel Reinders Stephen Goodin, Chris White, Jim Cordle (maybe gets through)
FB - Joe martinek (ps maybe)
RB - Andre Brown

Defense
DT - Oren Wilson (camp body) Carlton Powell
DE - Ojomo (on the bubble but probably a ps guy unless tracy cant get hammy going) Broha - maybe ps. Craig Marshall.
LB - Massaus (to many guys - ps)
CB - Dante Hughes, Laron Scott Antuan Molden Brandon Bing
S - Chris horton Stevie brown Jojo Nicholas

Im actually probably missing some cuts but this is probably a pretty solid guess.

I actually think this is a pretty good list! I may add a couple of names but looks pretty good!

Cool Papa B.
08-24-2012, 11:44 PM
After tonight, I'm not sure if Ware or Brown gets cut. If not the first cut then the second cut.

CTsREVENGE
08-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Personally i think they go with Scott cause he is younger and has less tread on his tires - brown has had injuries - but I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

I'm not trying to be an *** but for future references it is more tread on the tires, less tread would mean he is worn out and needs to be replaced. Besides that I agree with you 100%.

GoDeep80
08-25-2012, 12:24 AM
We gotta keep Ojomo!

Cool Papa B.
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Here's a list of guys who got the call today:

Julian Talley WR
Joe Martinek RB :(
Ryan Pervus DT
Chris Horton DB
Christian Hopkins TE
Brandon Bing DB
JoJo Nichols DB
Jo Reinder T
oren Wilsom Dt
Brandon Collins WR
Antwaun Molden Db

Brandon Mosely (put on IR)

wuzpapn
08-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Martinek will find work elsewhere. I'm sure Pete Carroll browses the Waivers/Free Agents list every morning lol

Giantsfan241
08-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm not trying to be an *** but for future references it is more tread on the tires, less tread would mean he is worn out and needs to be replaced. Besides that I agree with you 100%.
more treads on the tires means he is more experienced at least thats what I hear from some people but youre right it can go either way lol

Cool Papa B.
08-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Martinek will find work elsewhere. I'm sure Pete Carroll browses the Waivers/Free Agents list every morning lol

I can see the Jets going after Talley and Collins. Hoping to find another Victor Cruz. they really need some weapons in their offense.

I'm surprised the didn't keep Martinek at least until the 4th preseason game.

jomo
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
We gotta keep Ojomo!:D loving Ojomo.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
:D loving Ojomo.

betting you love the jomo O also

njg85m
08-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Sure hope Jersey Joe and Douglas make the team...But with our over abundance of WR's and RB's I think both may get cut. No way we are keeping two FB's and we wouldn't have picked up Joe if we wanted him to play his natural position in order to make the squad.

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Sure hope Jersey Joe and Douglas make the team...But with our over abundance of WR's and RB's I think both may get cut. No way we are keeping two FB's and we wouldn't have picked up Joe if we wanted him to play his natural position in order to make the squad.

Joe has already been cut

njg85m
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Joe has already been cut

Yup, just saw it.
Don't even wanna get started on this one. I've been following him here since HS and it blows my mind that he is not competing for a RB spot somewhere...

fansince69
08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Yup, just saw it.
Don't even wanna get started on this one. I've been following him here since HS and it blows my mind that he is not competing for a RB spot somewhere...

Just because he's cut doesn't mean he won't catch on somewhere or be signed to practice squad

hugehomer
08-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Joe Martinek is this years version of the legend Maurice Evans.

jomo
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
betting you love the jomo O alsoIf he can just make the team, it will mean plenty of good material for me.

JimC
08-27-2012, 05:28 PM
more treads on the tires means he is more experienced at least thats what I hear from some people but youre right it can go either way lol

more wear = less tread
less wear = more tread

Cool Papa B.
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
If he can just make the team, it will mean plenty of good material for me.

Oh-Jomo....

rainierjef
08-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Oh-Jomo....

hey! stop stealing my line

Cool Papa B.
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Today is the day....Final cuts...

I really hope Dave Douglas makes it. And Ojomo better make it. Who gets cut?

fansince69
08-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Today is the day....Final cuts...

I really hope Dave Douglas makes it. And Ojomo better make it. Who gets cut?

I think Douglass is a long shot unless they keep 7.....He goes to practice squad