PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless Should Be Fired!

bigblue58
08-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Insinuating that Derek Jeter's season has been aided by steroid use is outrageous!
Bayless is a little man with a big mouth who makes idiotic statements daily on First Take and then invokes his free speech trump card..... using it the way a hack golfer uses mulligans.
A blanket accusation like the one Clueless made against Jeter...... with zero proof, should be as much a fire-able offense as any racial slur....which, by the way, Bayless is also guilty of, for insinuating that all sports fans are closet racists (like Bayless himself obviously) who root louder for players of their own race!
Sports "mouths" have been fired in the past for saying ONE stupid thing, so how does Bayless keep his job after these 2 latest outrageous comments..... or the ones he makes on an almost daily basis for that matter?
Give ESPN an enema and get rid of Skip Bayless and his partner in stupidity, Stephen A (I'm The Real Story) Smith!

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Insinuating that Derek Jeter's season has been aided by steroid use is outrageous!
Bayless is a little man with a big mouth who makes idiotic statements daily on First Take and then invokes his free speech trump card..... using it the way a hack golfer uses mulligans.
A blanket accusation like the one Clueless made against Jeter...... with zero proof, should be as much a fire-able offense as any racial slur....which, by the way, Bayless is also guilty of, for insinuating that all sports fans are closet racists (like Bayless himself obviously) who root louder for players of their own race!
Sports "mouths" have been fired in the past for saying ONE stupid thing, so how does Bayless keep his job after these 2 latest outrageous comments..... or the ones he makes on an almost daily basis for that matter?
Give ESPN an enema and get rid of Skip Bayless and his partner in stupidity, Stephen A (I'm The Real Story) Smith!

Skip Bayless is a ratings monster for ESPN. As evidenced by your post. Don't be so naive.

dezzzR
08-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Skip Bayless is a ratings monster for ESPN. As evidenced by your post. Don't be so naive.
Youre 100% correct but that doesnt mean what he said shouldnt have consequences. You cant just make a claim as serious and outrageous as that without any proof.

Flip Empty
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Comments like this suggest he's doing his job well.

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Comments like this suggest he's doing his job well.
Yeah...if there was a list of people that they might fire, he'd be last on the list.
I know one of the co hosts that wok with him during football season. He said that Skip has complete control over every topic of the show. He is a huge ratings getter for them. His job is to get guys on football message boards to call for his firing.
As you said, he does his job well.

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Youre 100% correct but that doesnt mean what he said shouldnt have consequences. You cant just make a claim as serious and outrageous as that without any proof.
The consequence is higher ratings.

dezzzR
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
The consequence is higher ratings.Stop being a bitter Sox fan. These types of accusations should have serious consequences if presented without proof. Its slander.

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Stop being a bitter Sox fan. These types of accusations should have serious consequences if presented without proof. Its slander.
Stop being such an oversensative Yankees fan. Slander could only be proved if they can show malice. Jeter's a public person.

dezzzR
08-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Stop being such an oversensative Yankees fan. Slander could only be proved if they can show malice. Jeter's a public person.Well then, maybe its just me but I have a big problem with so called sports journalist/analyst (whatever skip wants to call himself) saying any player is on PEDs without any evidence to back it up. Skip is a weasel and a coward.

Morehead State
08-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Well then, maybe its just me but I have a big problem with so called sports journalist/analyst (whatever skip wants to call himself) saying any player is on PEDs without any evidence to back it up. Skip is a weasel and a coward.
He's not a journalist. He's ESPN's version of a "shock jock". And like the OP, you have been sucked in to pay attention to him. Shame on you Desilu.

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Skip who????

giantyankee1976
08-23-2012, 07:20 PM

**** that all NY hater regardless

download the Stephen A. podcast, stephen goes off about him and Vilma
s stupid *** decision...

bigblue58
08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
He's not a journalist. He's ESPN's version of a "shock jock". And like the OP, you have been sucked in to pay attention to him. Shame on you Desilu.

Sorry dude, but you couldn't be more wrong! This isn't the same thing as Bayless baiting Giants fans by calling their SB win "luck" or for referring to Eli as "RAIN MAN" to make fun of his demeanor.....this is accusing someone of cheating........ without a shred of evidence!
Like jeter said himself: "YOU GET TO SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT NOW........ WITH NO REPERCUSIONS?"
You can't explain away everything with the simplistic excuse of ..."it's for effect and ratings and ha ha he suckered you in"! Unless he's an automaton....I'm quite certain that he believes what he's saying a majority of the time!
Whether he said what he said for ratings or not is irrelevant anyway, the fact remains that he made the slanderous remark....on television and he deserves to be fired...period!

Morehead State
08-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Sorry dude, but you couldn't be more wrong! This isn't the same thing as Bayless baiting Giants fans by calling their SB win "luck" or for referring to Eli as "RAIN MAN" to make fun of his demeanor.....this is accusing someone of cheating........ without a shred of evidence!
Like jeter said himself: "YOU GET TO SAY ANYTHING YOU WANT NOW........ WITH NO REPERCUSIONS?"
You can't explain away everything with the simplistic excuse of ..."it's for effect and ratings and ha ha he suckered you in"! Unless he's an automaton....I'm quite certain that he believes what he's saying a majority of the time!
Whether he said what he said for ratings or not is irrelevant anyway, the fact remains that he made the slanderous remark....on television and he deserves to be fired...period!

Slanderous? Didn't he just say that he wondered about it? How is that slanderous. You guys need to calm down.

bigblue58
08-24-2012, 01:20 AM
AW hell...I don't know.....! Truth be told....I kinda wondered about it myself LOL!!! It just seems different and worse that Bayless did his "wondering" in front of millions of people!

giantyankee1976
08-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Slanderous? Didn't he just say that he wondered about it? How is that slanderous. You guys need to calm down.

to be fair there is a specter hovering all pro-sports, and after the Balco thing, guys still coming up dirty in the Bigs is just crazy, and sad.

as a kid you were kind of taught that baseball was the "purest" of all the pro-sports. An American tradition to be revered.

As such each generation has had its handful of figure-heads that were living icons.

Jeter is one of those icons. For many he is a sliver of hope that someone stayed pure. Because Bonds failed. ARod failed. even Pettite and Clemens.

Skip is an anti-NY guy, no question. Yes his statement has some validity in it because the League does not blood-test; but to casually or non-casually toss Derek's name in the mix was foolish and I bet as soon as he said it, he probably wished he hadn't.

He knows he is not well-liked by specific fanbases and probably loses no sleep over it. but he is an ***. regardless.

Ntegrase96
08-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't think he should be fired, but I really don't want to have to endure another PED witch hunt where every week it's a different player being scrutinized based on a strong showing on the diamond.

Why not give props where props are due?

Oh... right. Ratings. TMZ... I mean ESPN is a joke.

dezzzR
08-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I think its unfair to players. To call someone a cheat and to try and take away years of accomplishments without any form of evidence is cowardly. And intentional or not, Skip is trying to paint Jeter as a cheater, and in my opinion that is slander.

giantyankee1976
08-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't think he should be fired, but I really don't want to have to endure another PED witch hunt where every week it's a different player being scrutinized based on a strong showing on the diamond.

Why not give props where props are due?

Oh... right. Ratings. TMZ... I mean ESPN is a joke.

this is surprising coming from a Boys' fan. For the most part when it comes to the NFCE it's either your Boys or the eagles that get the most worship.

Do you detest the station for the eagles love? (Cause we ALL know the Giants get no respect from them or the NFLN)

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Skip Bayless is a ratings monster for ESPN. As evidenced by your post. Don't be so naive. If everyone stopped reacting or caring what he said he would go away. Block him on Twitter and dont watch his show thats what I do. The guy says these for exactly this reason so u post about him on a message board. What I dont get is why do people give a crap what that contrarian Jerk says anyway.

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 09:51 AM
to be fair there is a specter hovering all pro-sports, and after the Balco thing, guys still coming up dirty in the Bigs is just crazy, and sad.

as a kid you were kind of taught that baseball was the "purest" of all the pro-sports. An American tradition to be revered.

As such each generation has had its handful of figure-heads that were living icons.

Jeter is one of those icons. For many he is a sliver of hope that someone stayed pure. Because Bonds failed. ARod failed. even Pettite and Clemens.

Skip is an anti-NY guy, no question. Yes his statement has some validity in it because the League does not blood-test; but to casually or non-casually toss Derek's name in the mix was foolish and I bet as soon as he said it, he probably wished he hadn't.

He knows he is not well-liked by specific fanbases and probably loses no sleep over it. but he is an ***. regardless. He knew exactly what he was doing everything that scumbag no talent jerk says is contrived. Anyone could do his job go on TV and say the most over the top things just for reaction. He is a Message board troll with a TV show and huge audience. I dont even watch anything except games for ESPN anymore there journalism quality is in the toilet

giantyankee1976
08-25-2012, 10:50 AM
i have to agree ESPN is good only for High-lights. Maybe that 60 minutes type show too.

and the NFLN is starting to slide down that same sewage pipe IMO

Ntegrase96
08-26-2012, 02:36 PM
this is surprising coming from a Boys' fan. For the most part when it comes to the NFCE it's either your Boys or the eagles that get the most worship.

Do you detest the station for the eagles love? (Cause we ALL know the Giants get no respect from them or the NFLN)

Well Skip just makes shocking predictions in the NFCE. I don't believe for a minute that he actually has love for the Cowboys. He ripped us quite a bit when T.O. was here, and he was a highly critical sports columnist here in Dallas before he made it to the big time.

He's just annoying. However, put him next to Screamin A Smith, and he actually seems like he has a little bit of credibility.

Either way. I haven't watched 1st and 10 or what ever it is called now in a few years.

giantyankee1976
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
NTegrase, I was referring to your overall opinion of ESPN or the NFLN...bayless is what he is.