PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Laurah1275
08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I know when we play the Pats next week it's just a preseason game, and the teams are just trying to get their game plans together and blah, blah, blah.... but does anyone think way back in their minds that the Pats are gonna play harder to really try to get the win? I know winning a pre-season game is no vindication for 2 SuperBowl losses, but I think at this point they are gonna grab at ANY chance to have ANY kind of a win over us. Thoughts? ;)

nygmen90
08-23-2012, 02:40 PM
I know when we play the Pats next week it's just a preseason game, and the teams are just trying to get their game plans together and blah, blah, blah.... but does anyone think way back in their minds that the Pats are gonna play harder to really try to get the win? I know winning a pre-season game is no vindication for 2 SuperBowl losses, but I think at this point they are gonna grab at ANY chance to have ANY kind of a win over us. Thoughts? ;)
I dont think any of their main players will be starting

FIFTY6G-MAN
I know when we play the Pats next week it's just a preseason game, and the teams are just trying to get their game plans together and blah, blah, blah.... but does anyone think way back in their minds that the Pats are gonna play harder to really try to get the win? I know winning a pre-season game is no vindication for 2 SuperBowl losses, but I think at this point they are gonna grab at ANY chance to have ANY kind of a win over us. Thoughts? ;)No vindication happens during pre-season. We will be lucky to even see starters on the field for more than 1 or 2 series. However, all the guys trying to make both teams will be playing balls to the wall!

Moke
Yeah, Bill Bellichek might actually cheat because that game is mad important

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Not one bit. Both coaches will try to win with there twos and threes cause even though coaches are evaluating talent they still want a W and coach for it. That said there is ZERO meaning to either team. The goal is not to work on gameplan but to evaluate the final 53, in fact the gameplanning will be minimal after a game on friday and the opening game the following weds. Pretty vanilla stuff. They will be Looking at the last few jobs for guys like ojomo/ barden/ douglas/ stanback/ massua/ hendricks/ martinek and more.

FBomb
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM

No...BB is too smart for that. Starters will barely play if at all.

RoanokeFan
08-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Neither team will play the ones for any significant length of time. Tomorrow will provide the longest look at the starters.

SweetZombieJesus
08-23-2012, 02:54 PM
They've been playing a lot in the preseason already since XLII.

Laurah1275
08-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Neither team will play the ones for any significant length of time. Tomorrow will provide the longest look at the starters.Why do you say tomorrow's game will provide the longest look at the starters?

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Because week three in the preseason is the game for the starters to go three quarters - its the closest to a real game that you get. Its the final tuneup for the 1's.

Laurah1275
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Because week three in the preseason is the game for the starters to go three quarters - its the closest to a real game that you get. Its the final tuneup for the 1's.See, I did not know that. You taught me something new today. Thanx so much ;)

Giantsfan241
08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Yes ur so right bb will go out and trade for every best player just for this game becuz he is so angry at tom he doesn't respect him or nothin lol he didn't congratulate him after the sb he hates him he spit on tom coughlin so tomorrow they will trade their whole roster for calvin johnson so they can throw 50 tds in one game against giants backups okay??!!

Laurah1275
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes ur so right bb will go out and trade for every best player just for this game becuz he is so angry at tom he doesn't respect him or nothin lol he didn't congratulate him after the sb he hates him he spit on tom coughlin so tomorrow they will trade their whole roster for calvin johnson so they can throw 50 tds in one game against giants backups okay??!!LOL, wow, that was a mouthful. Are my questions annoying you?

Giantsfan241
08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
LOL, wow, that was a mouthful. Are my questions annoying you?
Was just sharing my honest opinion with you :):):) no anger.

RoanokeFan
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Why do you say tomorrow's game will provide the longest look at the starters?

They will play into the third quarter, if not through it

Razur
08-23-2012, 03:38 PM

Brady will not play at all...doubt you will see any 1's from NE on the field that game.

jakegibbs
08-23-2012, 03:49 PM

They both have to trim down to 53 players + practice squad right? I doubt if a single starter plays. I wouldn't play any with Dallas a week away. Let all the non-starters play till they drop & find out who to cut & who to save. IMHO anyway but who knows they may play the starters & treat it like a SB but I really doubt it.