PDA

View Full Version : Who Has the Most to Prove Tomorrow?

titwio
08-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Who of these players has the most to prove against the Bears tomorrow in what's probably the most pivotal evaluation game remaining of the preseason.

Keith Rivers: proving he can be the guy to step up in the absence of Boley while he's out and show that he can make an impact while staying healthy. (which has plagued him in his career)

David Wilson: With Bradshaw getting limited action tomorrow, Wilson will get a chance against the first team defense to show if he's capable of handling the duties that are expected of him when the Giants drafted him in the 1st round. Wilson has a chance with a good showing to take a stab at moving up the depth chart.

Sean Locklear: With Beatty struggling to see the field, Locklear has a chance to become a pivotal player for the Giants and in reality, resurrect his career. Going from journeyman OT to a starting LT with a championship ball club. With a good showing he has a legitimate shot at earning a starting role this season especially with Beatty's durability issues remaining a question mark.

Prince Amukamara: T2 is out and it's looking like it will be a while. Prince needs to live up to his draft slot and the Giants need it to be now. Prince has taken a lot of flack for being immature and passive but there's no denying he has all the physical traits to be a great corner in this league. His progression is under a very big microscope right now.

There's a lot of guys on this team right now who are also fighting for spots but imo these guys are under the most amount of pressure right now. Who do you feel has the most prove?

TheEnigma
08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Prince: I wanna see how he does lined up against the rookie sensation Alshon Jeffery.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Prince for sure. He needs to start playing with a chip on his shoulder. When your own teammates tell you that you need to man up, its obvious that it needs to happen. I dont care about all the locker room BS, I just want him to progress forward and fast. With our front 4 playing balls out, he cannot be the one who gets burned time after time or it will get ugly fast. Still wish Chad Jones never got hurt and had a chance to prove his stuff in the NFL on our team.

nhpgiantsfan
08-23-2012, 07:41 PM
The four guys you mentioned all have spots on the roster. I would say guys on the bubble have the most to prove. I would say it is probably Ramsees' last chance to show something. However, it is a good oppurtunity for Wilson to show his blocking abilities.

titwio
08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
The four guys you mentioned all have spots on the roster. I would say guys on the bubble have the most to prove. I would say it is probably Ramsees' last chance to show something. However, it is a good oppurtunity for Wilson to show his blocking abilities.

Mentioning others is fine but imo these four are the more pivotal players and in key positions to make an impact.

Honestly I don't see Ramses being that impactful for the Giants this year.

fansince69
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Prince for sure. He needs to start playing with a chip on his shoulder. When your own teammates tell you that you need to man up, its obvious that it needs to happen. I dont care about all the locker room BS, I just want him to progress forward and fast. With our front 4 playing balls out, he cannot be the one who gets burned time after time or it will get ugly fast. Still wish Chad Jones never got hurt and had a chance to prove his stuff in the NFL on our team.

what does Chad Jones ,a safety have to do with prince,a corner back?

rainierjef
08-23-2012, 07:55 PM
the damn O-LINE

TheEnigma
08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
the damn O-LINE

Julius Peppers is excited for tomorrow's game. That's for sure.

woocrew
08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
The Prince of course

NYG4lifeNYK
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
O-Line?
Barden?

titwio
08-23-2012, 08:28 PM
O-Line?
Barden?

Who of these players has the most to prove against the Bears.......................

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
what does Chad Jones ,a safety have to do with prince,a corner back?Nothing, I was just making a comment instead of starting a new thread for someone who is irrelevant now.

miked1958
08-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Id say barden, Scott, brown, Douglas, joe M, masseau

titwio
08-23-2012, 09:17 PM
^^^ I give up...lol. Maybe you guys only read the title then comment.

I'm talking about pivotal impact players...

TheEnigma
08-23-2012, 10:00 PM
^^^ I give up...lol. Maybe you guys only read the title then comment.

I'm talking about pivotal impact players...

It's Prince for sure. Rivers and Locklear came to this team at fairly cheap prices in comparison to Wilson and Prince so if the former two don't meet expectations, we never lost much from it. Wilson has one of the worst run blocking Olines in the league to work with so a "bad" year isn't out of the question but with a good corner opposite of Prince and not to mention a top 5 Dline putting pressure on the opposing QB constantly, the whole "barely any time last season" excuse will only go so far into the regular season.

Diamondring
08-23-2012, 10:11 PM
All of them cause football is a team sport.

dave56dj
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Prince - He is a starter at CB and really has little competition b/c of the injury to T2 - so was really thrust into the position didnt really earn it with a camp battle. I think only Hosley has flashed big time at CB but he is even greener then prince and may win the nickel (which would be a great way to begin his maturation). Prince getting slightly toasted by the thomas/ gabbart combo is slightly worrying. Now all this stuff about being soft is just adding A SMALL BIT to that concern. Eli never shows much in terms of Alpha male classic mentality and he has been just fine - Let your playing do the talking Prince.

Wilson - The better this kid picks up blitzes the quicker we will have a VERY ELECTRIC kid in our offense. He has shown great flashes and I think we have a stud on our hands - but he has to pick up the O and that takes time. And the truth is the pressure for him to do that just isnt the same as it is for prince as AB is there and ware is at least trusted.

Rivers - Has already flashed at backer and hopefully that continues with boley still hurt.

Locklear - Anyone protecting elis back has to be good - he's been in the league for a while now and must must must protect best in passing situation. Big test tomorrow.

Still going with PRINCE

SackingMyths
08-23-2012, 10:27 PM
I voted Wilson. Ferocious pass rush, will need to see how he is in pass protection and if he knows when to leak out as an option in the flat.

I'd say Prince, but their #2 is going to be subpar regardless of who they trot out there. Oh, and we're stuck with him as a starter (no matter what he does/doesn't do tomorrow).

Gimaniac
08-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Wilson playing with the first team, but Prince needs to stay out the tub.

Roosevelt
08-23-2012, 10:57 PM
C'mom Prince, show us what you got dude!

myles2424
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Idk but, I Would like to see Randle,ojomo,hill,Mosley,Robinson all get Semi early playing time....

giantsfan420
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
i voted prince but i am amending it to Lockler. He is protecting Eli's blindside. Eli is the most important player on the team, so we're basically asking Lockler to ensure our guy stays healthy and effective.
Then theres the run game aspect of it. If he can man the LT spot while Beatty gets better, it will allow DD and Snee to work alongside each other which I believe is gonna be nasty in the run game. I expect to see a lot Snee pulling on the perimeter...
I believe Prince and WIlson are young enough and certainly talented enough to where we could excuse a so so season from either of them. With Lockler, if he has a bad season, it most likely means the team is having a bad season.

Martyr
08-23-2012, 11:33 PM
If Prince does poorly he will get the tub again

Buddy333
08-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Prince showed us a glimpse of what he can do when they called on him in the playoffs. He got hurt last year and started off slow, but came through when they needed him in the playoffs.

BlueSanta
08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
I dont think it is any of those guys. They are all making this team. There are players fighting for ther livlihood who have a lot more at stake and therefor much more to prove

Diamondring
08-24-2012, 05:30 AM
If Prince does poorly he will get the tub againYeah and their behinds can get arrested for assult. Throwing people in the tub is dangerous.

Rely on Eli
08-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Prince from the listed players and the "O" line as a group.

Rat_bastich
08-24-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm voting Locklear because we need someone on the O-line to step up and with Beatty out at the moment he could make a splash. Rivers, Prince and Wilson are not going anywhere.

GameTime
08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
the starting oline......
the run D
want to see Eli clicking with the passing game and see the TEs get more involved.

GMan-67
08-24-2012, 08:54 AM
none of the above, simply b/c all of those players will make the 53 ... now guys like Barden are fighting for their Giants career and possibly their own football career

if i had to pick from your list, then Prince, since he has been getting all kinds of negative press for some reason

thomsoad
08-24-2012, 08:56 AM

I never understood why he needs to play with a chip on his shoulder. His present personality made him good enough to be a first round draft pick.
Why does he need to be a Carolina Steve Smith clone to be good?
Being humble should NOT be considered a weakness in my opinion.
I dont c Eli getting hazed anymore ... and he still doesnt go out there and talk s*** and strut around.

Gimaniac
08-24-2012, 09:18 AM
He gets under the receiver's skin, or else he gets the tub again.

Moke
08-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I said David Wilson mostly because RB is looking slim right now with good quality running.

Prince needs to prove himself, but I think his last game was a fluke, I think he should be fine.

Hakeeeem88
08-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Itís gotta be Prince. He needs to step up and show that heís at least headed in the right direction and improving

JB456
08-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Prince - I want Cornerback position to be a position of strength. How amazing would it be if the Giants got more coverage sacks this year?

Wilson & Bennet - I want to see them get reps with the #1's.

thomsoad
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
It’s gotta be Prince. He needs to step up and show that he’s at least headed in the right direction and improving
Some of you guys are honestly unbelievable...this is a guy entering his 2nd year after an injury plagued shortened rookie year....good god you people!

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Id say barden, Scott, brown, Douglas, joe M, masseau

That seems reasonable, the guys on the bubble really need to step up.

TheEnigma
08-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Some of you guys are honestly unbelievable...this is a guy entering his 2nd year after an injury plagued shortened rookie year....good god you people!

What's wrong with his statement? He only said he wants to see improvement and in the right direction. Not that he needs to become the next Revis or he's a bust.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-24-2012, 05:42 PM
I never understood why he needs to play with a chip on his shoulder. His present personality made him good enough to be a first round draft pick.
Why does he need to be a Carolina Steve Smith clone to be good?
Being humble should NOT be considered a weakness in my opinion.
I dont c Eli getting hazed anymore ... and he still doesnt go out there and talk s*** and strut around.Playing with a chip on your shoulder isn't bad. It isnt going out and talking smack, I believe playing with a chip on your shoulder is basically going out time after time and proving nay sayers wrong and just making sure your competition knows that you are not a target and know your game.