PDA

View Full Version : Check out Prince and the evolution

RoanokeFan
08-23-2012, 08:26 PM
LINK (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8297449/new-york-giants-prince-amukamara-shows-confidence)

Excerpt: "For the past couple of weeks, Justin Tuck (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8488/justin-tuck) has seen a different Prince Amukamara (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13975/prince-amukamara) from the one who struggled a bit as a first-round pick last season. The cornerback's confidence has been growing. Although the New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants)' veterans would still like to see Amukamara develop more of a swagger and an edge,

Tuck sees a cornerback becoming more confident with each week that passes. "You would like to see him be a little bit more vocal, (with) a little bit more, as the young kids say, 'swag,'" Tuck said. "But I think Prince is doing a great job in doing well with what we're throwing at him. With T-2 (Terrell Thomas (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11297/terrell-thomas)) being out right now, a lot of the pressure is on him." Read more..

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Vocal is overrated. Eli still doesn't have swag and he's fine.

Buddy333
08-23-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't see why they think he has to change who he is. If anything that could hurt him. TC said he needed to stay healthy and get more reps to gain an edge.

BlueSanta
08-23-2012, 11:51 PM
"Swag" never covered a WR or intercepted a pass. I'll take a guy who can play over a guy who can act like he can play.

appodictic
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Did you mean prince and the revolution? Because those are the only prince I know with swag, although last pre-season game he looked pretty good.

RagTime Blue
08-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Genuine confidence can never be shaken. Swag comes and swag goes.

Rat_bastich
08-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Now all of a sudden I keep seeing the Dave Chappelle Prince playing basketball skit in my head.

DVision
08-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Genuine confidence can never be shaken. Swag comes and swag goes.

??? Genuine confidence is "swagg"! I think some of you are confused on what they're saying. Lol. Since when is it a bad thing to say you'd like to see a young player trust in himself and play with more confidence? It's no different then Reese saying Prince needs to play like a "1st round pick"! It's called motivation! Afterall the D will only be as strong as it's weakest link and at the moment that is really dependent on Prince!

GCGiant
08-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Vocal is overrated. Eli still doesn't have swag and he's fine.

Really? Anybody who bows his neck to the NFL and says, "I will play where I wanna play"...has something.

giantyankee1976
08-24-2012, 07:24 AM
1. Justin is saying what a Leader is supposed to
2. Hazing, if that was what it truly was, does in fact either bless you in or breaks you the rest of the way
3. Everyone on that Team knows that if they are to go forward and win games they need the guys out in space to feel confident that they are a cohesive unit.
4. Don't doubt that somewhere insode Prince he has a competitive spirit
5. Eli is vocal, but he is who is. Remember Tiki said it was "comical" when he heard Eli taking charge? Sometimes you can effectively lead by your doing. Prince is not expected to be a leader, he is still wet behind the ears, but what he can do is step up his game and earn whatever alledged respect he lacks...

root for the underdogs, root for the favorites, just root Big Blue !

GCGiant
08-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Remember Tiki said it was "comical" when he heard Eli taking charge?

It is my opinion...but...Eli was comical to Tiki because that's what he wanted. He wanted people to laugh at him. He wanted to destroy his confidence. He wanted him to fail. Why? Because he wanted to be the one and only "man" on the NYG's and he felt threatened by a #1 overall pick coming in and stealing his spotlight.

As it turned out, the laugh was on Tiki.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Prince is who he is. He is not going to change. He does not need to walk with a certain strut or talk smack to back his game up. He doesn't need all that to feel confident.

GameTime
08-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Would rather see his game elevate then his outward attitude.....

DVision
08-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Once again! Swag IS nothing but self confidence! Where are you guys getting this fake attitude, walking with a strut, smack talk stuff from?? That is not what the players are talking about! You really think they're asking him to completely change and start walking around like George Jefferson? His teammates want him to be more self confident. Tuck lost his for a bit last season and his game slipped dramatically!

Those of you saying Eli has no swag are crazy! He's probably the coolest, most confident player on the team! He doesn't even attempt that throw in the SB if he didn't!

TheAnalyst
08-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Prince is still pretty much a rookie.

fansince69
08-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Prince is still pretty much a rookie.

exactly...but you'll get people that do not get that concept

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Success breeds confidence ... more playing time will get him where he needs to be