PDA

View Full Version : NY Giants: We try our hand at the Giants' 53 man roster

RoanokeFan
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
LINK (http://snygiants.com/2012-new-york-giants/we-try-our-hand-at-the-giants-53-man-roster/)

Excerpt: "We have been getting quite a bit of mail asking who we see making the Giants’ roster. After careful consideration, we have come up with the below. There are a few surprises, and we took the liberty of providing some insight on why we believe some players will stick and others will not. Feel free to agree or disagree…" Read more...

RoanokeFan
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't understand Ojomo not even getting a mention

Giantsfan241
08-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Neither do I, I think it's too early to project anyway.

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 01:53 AM
he hasnt done anything really. he'll get attention if he plays well tmrw night vs better competitin. also, marshall has also looked really good as has tracy.

Giantsfan241
08-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Ojomo looked very impressive vs the Jets. A lot of heart and hustle for sure.

Jahh
08-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't see them cutting James Brewer. He was a project tackle taken last year w/ no offseason.

Redeyejedi
08-24-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't see them cutting James Brewer. He was a project tackle taken last year w/ no offseason.

Id be confused if they cut Brewer.Why draft a raw upside guy and cut him before he has enough time to develop.I think Mccants can be stashed. 1 other thing why does everyone assume Tryon makes this team.I dont think he is very good at all.I would cut him

Martyr
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Some tough cuts coming for young guys, I think WR, DL, LB are going to be rough. I hope some of these guys stand out tonight or next week.

NorwoodBlue
08-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Tough cuts all around. Ones that might surprise:

Chase Blackburn- not a lock regardless of last year's playoff run, it would let them keep Jones or Mausau

Beatty- If he continues to stay off the field, they may be ready to move-on (durability is the new name of the game)

Pascoe- now that they've got a real fullback, his value has dropped some, I think this one depends on Beckum's recovery (even though I'm not a Beckum fan myself)

Austin- Not sure how much longer they're going to stick with him (the durability thing again)

Ware- His value is pretty run of the mill, and they might take a chance with younger player. Martinek can go to the practice squad, so I think there's a chance it's Brown here.

Surprise not-cut: Ryan Piriloux- They may not want to take a chance of losing him on waivers.

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 06:15 PM
They need to try again!

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
No real surprises here, except for their prediction about Stevie Brown(safety) its seems that anytime this guy is involved in a play it is something negative.

rainierjef
08-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't understand Ojomo not even getting a mention
because he has had one good game against third's and tebow. that hardly warrants a roster spot, definitely puts hin im consideration but he needs to show more against whomever he plays before he in my opinion gets mentioned on th 53.

*i have this assumption that you have me on your ignore list, but i'll continue responding accordingly until otherwise

rainierjef
08-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Id be confused if they cut Brewer.Why draft a raw upside guy and cut him before he has enough time to develop.I think Mccants can be stashed. 1 other thing why does everyone assume Tryon makes this team.I dont think he is very good at all.I would cut him
i agree with the tyron part, he has not shown me anything to believe he is not a liability on the field

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 10:56 AM
I recant my earlier surprise cut of Chase, he seems to be way ahead of Herzlich still. I can't see them cutting him. All the others I'm still good with.

penguinfarmer
08-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I think Greg Jones will be over Paysinger. It's a numbers game and you have Boley, Rivers and Williams ahead of Paysinger.

Tyler Sash will probably be kept over Brown in spite of the suspension.

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 12:00 PM
The Biggest problem with the Giants is this wretched Oline they have 6 players that I would play on that line in a game and 1 is constantly hurt in Beatty.I would be searching for any Vet OL Help .I would even make a trade if I had 2 and i love the draft/picks thats how concerned i am . I would venture to say this is the worst group of O-linemen in the entire NFL.Yes they won the Super Bowl but they are playing with Fire this season. Looking at this schedule just filled with great Dline's I am very concerned about Eli Manning's health. None of the younger players have stepped up.Its been years since Flaherty has developed a legitimate NFL Starter.

Special

Tynes

Dodge

Deossie

QB

Eli

Carr

RB

Bradshaw

Wilson

Ware

Scott

Hedge****

TE

Bennett

Robinson

Pascoe

WR

Nicks

Cruz

Hixon

Randle

Jernigan

Bardewn

Douglas

OLine

Beatty

Locklear

Diehl

Boothe

Snee

Baas

Mccants

Brewer

Petrus- Although he has been terrible.Watch the waiver wire

Dline

JPP

Tuck

Osi

Tracy

Joesph

Austin

Bernard

Kuhn

LB

Kiwi

Boley

Rivers

Herzlich

Blackburn

Williams

Paysinger

CB

Webster

Thomas

Amukumara

Coe

Hosley

Tryon

Safety

Phillips

Rolle

Hill

Roosevelt
08-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Bottom line is we are going to have to cut some really good players.

Atomic1
08-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Why do you have Dodge and Hedge on the list ? It's Wetherford and Hynoski ! Also at WR I can see Barden making it and not Jernigen, at DL I can see Ojomo over Tracy and Austin on IR. At LB you have to find a spot for Jones especially with his special team play and I agree with the rest of your post.