PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thomas Scouting Report

dave56dj
08-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Heres a quick excerpt from a scouting report I found at SB nation on Thomas.

"Thomas has excellent power, size and athleticism. He is a ball-hawk defender who excels at stuffing the run but also has the ability to explode and make plays into the backfield. He has had off-field problems in the past (in College) and has a big challenge in proving he can stay focused on football. The motivation is not always there and he can be inconsistent at times. He is an adequate starting Defensive Lineman.

In 2011, Marcus made $1 Million. He has stated he wants to stay in Denver, but is sure to want a raise. The minimum he could receive in 2012 would be $700,000. I don't see him signing for that. Thomas and the Broncos could nor agree to an extension last season and that may have mainly been a cause of the Lockout. Many teams refused to sign long term deals because of the uncertain future. Now that has been resolved and maybe they can come to terms. Marcus has definitely improved each season and i believe he has earned a new deal."

Rat_bastich
08-24-2012, 07:26 AM
I think between Coughlin, the chance at a ring and the very positive Giants players, Thomas will find motivation. Tuck, Rolle and other Giant players that have become believers will keep him on the right track.

nhpgiantsfan
08-24-2012, 09:32 AM
I think between Coughlin, the chance at a ring and the very positive Giants players, Thomas will find motivation. Tuck, Rolle and other Giant players that have become believers will keep him on the right track.

I'd like to see Canty take him under his wing, like he did with Linval.

GameTime
08-24-2012, 09:34 AM
the first thing Tuck should ask him is " Do you have ring"?????

Medisleman
08-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Just keep asking him that and they should all sing their "I got a ring" song.

Mercury
08-24-2012, 11:50 AM
I generally don't associate the term "Ball-hawk" with DTs. Isn't that usually a term used to describe a safety or CB who goes after passes thrown in his direction?

TheAnalyst
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I generally don't associate the term "Ball-hawk" with DTs. Isn't that usually a term used to describe a safety or CB who goes after passes thrown in his direction?

Was thinking the same thing. If he is a ball hawking DT, sign me up! I think they mean he is always around the ball.

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I personnally want to see where he is for myself, not much on these scouting reports...We'll watch him over the next couple of preseason games.

Cool Papa B.
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM

This...

And the fact tha He's only 27 years old. He can still get a long term deal from a team. That should be enough motivation for anyone to play their heart out.