PDA

View Full Version : Tough Schedule.......on the ears (commentators)

BlueJayC
08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
As if the schedule wasn't brutal enough.....with all these high profile games the Giants are "probably" going to draw Fox's #1's (Buck and Aikman) for most of the year (pending performance).....couple that with three NBC Sunday Night crew games (Michaels and Collinsworthless) I'm not sure my ears are going to be able to survive the year with all these Giants haters.......brutal.......

Anyway the Giants could cut a deal with Papa to do ALL of their televised games?

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 09:20 AM
They tried that a couple of years ago with NFL network and that didn't work out.... I don't know if someone will bring him back.

ashleymarie
08-24-2012, 09:34 AM
I agree about Buck and Aikman. They antagonize me. I loath it when Buck tells Aikmam I live to make you giggle. TMI for me. LOL

Moke
08-24-2012, 09:35 AM
I like the tough schedule!

JB456
08-24-2012, 09:46 AM
As if the schedule wasn't brutal enough.....with all these high profile games the Giants are "probably" going to draw Fox's #1's (Buck and Aikman) for most of the year (pending performance).....couple that with three NBC Sunday Night crew games (Michaels and Collinsworthless) I'm not sure my ears are going to be able to survive the year with all these Giants haters.......brutal.......

Anyway the Giants could cut a deal with Papa to do ALL of their televised games?

This might be heresy on the Giants Message Boards but I always found Aikman fair in his analysis in regards to the Giants. He almost always has something positive to say about Manning. He just doesn't bother me...

CTsREVENGE
08-24-2012, 10:20 AM
If I hear the word "Vanilla" used one more time during a game to describe how a team is playing I'm going to lose it. Yesterday durring the seahawks game I swear the commentators said the word 5 times in one sentence, I turned the game off.

Toadofsteel
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Buck and Aikman aren't that bad. Just because they don't suck up to the Giants doesn't mean they hate them. Collinsworth, on the other hand, always has something snarky to say about the Giants...

fansince69
08-24-2012, 10:38 AM
This might be heresy on the Giants Message Boards but I always found Aikman fair in his analysis in regards to the Giants. He almost always has something positive to say about Manning. He just doesn't bother me...

I do not mind Aikman at all....Buck on the other hand makes me sick when he looks at Aikman....he hangs on every word out of his mouth like a 13 yr old girl with a crush on her teacher

Redeyejedi
08-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Doesnt bother me either.Joe Buck is the most lifeless man in Sports. He has no energy whatsoever

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 12:35 PM
buck n aikman suck. the way they call our games, their monotone voices when we do something good makes me feel like they think it sucks when the giants do good.
then when we do something poorly, their voices get all into it and with more character.
Archie had the best idea, mute em.

I like the Sunday and Monday night football commentators...wayyyyyyyy more than aikman.

gumby74
08-24-2012, 12:39 PM
i actually like aikman and buck. Buck is monotone, but somehow he pulls it off. Now, if we had the CBS crew- Jim Nance and Phil Simms, I'd shoot myself. Although Collinsworth is the best. That dude is just funny.

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 12:49 PM
It would be nice if they put Buck and Collinsworth together, so I will know to mute the entire game. Aikman and Michaels I actually enjoy listening to, too bad you can't mute the commentators individually.

dezzzR
08-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I like Aikman and Simms. Aikman is always fair. Collinsworths voice bothers me. Maybe too much Madden "tiiiime and tiiiime again", or maybe too nasally sounding for my liking. The way he talks sounds like hes always complaining/ whining. Buck is the worst. No emotion, no football intelligence, nothing.

nhpgiantsfan
08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't mind Troy at all. I can't stand Joe Buck though. He is a baseball announcer. But Chris Collinsworth has to be the worst. I cant stand him. Eli can throw 25 great passes and he will alway harp on that one "back foot" throw.

wuzpapn
08-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Giants need to make Gus Johnson their official announcer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmY-BXzMc5g

primetime
08-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I miss these two.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vgn77o.jpg

fansince69
08-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I miss these two.

http://i46.tinypic.com/vgn77o.jpg

this says it all

ozzie0075
08-24-2012, 01:32 PM

Buck is just plain boring. As far as Aikman goes I don't really have an issue with him. I always find him fair in his analysis of the Giants and all teams for that matter.

BigBlue1971
08-24-2012, 03:30 PM

yea i agree with ya! none of these guys give the Giants credit for what they do! i mean its ok to be haters but they could acknowledge when a good play is made.

rather than give the Giants credit for a good play they will call out the others teams mistake. thats fine. i love to see them pissed when the game is over.

BergenCountyJC
08-24-2012, 03:38 PM
TV Mute; Radio on

GameTime
08-24-2012, 03:45 PM

oh stop....Geeze if you cant put up with the announcers for then game then dont watch. Certainly I have gotten annoyed at them but not a chance the spoil the game for me. Not one bit.....

BergenCountyJC
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
oh stop....Geeze if you cant put up with the announcers for then game then dont watch. Certainly I have gotten annoyed at them but not a chance the spoil the game for me. Not one bit.....Eh, I can understand the OP - during the NHL playoffs, there was one Canadian? announcer during the Devils / Flyers playoff series that was such a HOMER for Philly that it was really difficult to keep listening. As others stated, this guy was giving any and every excuse as to why the Flyers weren't as dominant in a given game. Pierre McGuire...was the chaps name. http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=122233

Rod-Diggity
08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
yea aikman is cool, but buck is a jerk off. For some reason he thinks every eli pass is supposed to be picked or if eli completes a pass it's blown coverage dude can never give eli credit. I rather hear daryl johnston, goose, and the other guy quite honestly. Collinsworth and michaels don't really bother me they seem to call it like it is most times. MNF is prolly the best tho I love listening to gruden he's basically a coach in the booth plus he's comical easily the best commentator on right now

fansince69
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
yea aikman is cool, but buck is a jerk off. For some reason he thinks every eli pass is supposed to be picked or if eli completes a pass it's blown coverage dude can never give eli credit. I rather hear daryl johnston, goose, and the other guy quite honestly. Collinsworth and michaels don't really bother me they seem to call it like it is most times. MNF is prolly the best tho I love listening to gruden he's basically a coach in the booth plus he's comical easily the best commentator on right now

Moose Johnston is absolutely the worst....goose I can take or leave but what he adds does not make up for moose

Rat_bastich
08-24-2012, 08:12 PM

I agree with you. I actually like both Buck and Aikman as announcers. I also like Al Michaels, though I could do without Collinsworth.