PDA

View Full Version : Rolle Covering the Slot

StraightCruzinn
08-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I don't like that idea. I rather have Hosley play against the slot WR. We saw Rolle get burned numerous times when he had to play man to man in the slot last year.

ryan12
08-24-2012, 03:46 PM
i agree but right now rolle is the only option hosley is hurt

GMenOnDeck
08-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Is there a chance they might test Will Hill in the slot?

B-Red22
08-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Is there a chance they might test Will Hill in the slot?

Like to see Hill or Tryon in that roll tnite, if Tryon isn't still hurt and plays tnite

Jahh
08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I hate this topic

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I like Hosely there think his has the quicks to be effective in that position, says he should be back sometime next week which would be a real plus. Lets hope he can play at least a few snaps in that last preseason game.

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
this is for the chicago preseason game, not the reg season. Hosely will be nickel when he returns and is ready. Tryon and Coe can also play nickel, but Coe is dealing with an injury IIRC (not serious). We prob only have a couple guys to play nickel so rolle is helping out. when we get all hands on deck for the preseason, he's gonna be ball hawkin as a FS...

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Right Now the Coaching staff have no options but to have Rolle covering the slot. Our Front Office and GM Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a huge contract because he thought Rolle was a versatile safety who could cover receivers because he was a converted Defensive Cornerback....to bad Reese didnt watch film of this guy in man coverage against receivers throughout his career. And another thing, Reese decided to dish out another big contract to Terrell Thomas who had 2 major ACL surgeries in his short career...so this is the reason why the coaching staff don't have any options...yet some of yall fans will still want to blame Coughlin or Fewell, and yall would probably blame Gilbride just because.

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 07:00 PM
this is for the chicago preseason game, not the reg season. Hosely will be nickel when he returns and is ready. Tryon and Coe can also play nickel, but Coe is dealing with an injury IIRC (not serious). We prob only have a couple guys to play nickel so rolle is helping out. when we get all hands on deck for the preseason, he's gonna be ball hawkin as a FS...

Don't be surprised if Rolle is stuck in the same role again(followed by the numerous posters on this board complaining that he's overpaid). I was really hoping on seeing Rolle playing in his natural deep safety position this year, but at this point it seems like wishful thinking.

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Don't be surprised if Rolle is stuck in the same role again(followed by the numerous posters on this board complaining that he's overpaid). I was really hoping on seeing Rolle playing in his natural deep safety position this year, but at this point it seems like wishful thinking.

He's not even a good deep natural safety. He's always blowing coverage and never on the same page as Webster. Rolle's strength is playing a linebacker role in some of our nickel sets. He seems to like being down in the box even though he can't tackle. Kenny Phillips is our best pure deep safety in the game.

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Right Now the Coaching staff have no options but to have Rolle covering the slot. Our Front Office and GM Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a huge contract because he thought Rolle was a versatile safety who could cover receivers because he was a converted Defensive Cornerback....to bad Reese didnt watch film of this guy in man coverage against receivers throughout his career. And another thing, Reese decided to dish out another big contract to Terrell Thomas who had 2 major ACL surgeries in his short career...so this is the reason why the coaching staff don't have any options...yet some of yall fans will still want to blame Coughlin or Fewell, and yall would probably blame Gilbride just because.

Cornerback is arguably more difficult to play than safety especially in the NFL, so when a corner gets moved to safety it's a bad thing. This is usually an indication that said player is losing speed, so one would think that a GM would know this as well. Plus, Rolle has been playing Safety for the vast majority of his NFL career.

I do partially agree with what you are saying in that right now we have no other option but Rolle, and the reason he is there is because of prior experience.

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
He's not even a good deep natural safety. He's always blowing coverage and never on the same page as Webster. Rolle's strength is playing a linebacker role in some of our nickel sets. He seems to like being down in the box even though he can't tackle. Kenny Phillips is our best pure deep safety in the game.

Rolle can't tackle? He led the team in tackles last year, this is what I'm talking about in regards to fans who complain about the guy under preforming don't know what they're talking about. Would you like the safety who plays down in the box most of the time to lead the team in tackles AND interceptions?

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Rolle can't tackle? He led the team in tackles last year, this is what I'm talking about in regards to fans who complain about the guy under preforming don't know what they're talking about. Would you like the safety who plays down in the box most of the time to lead the team in tackles AND interceptions?

He only leads our team in tackles because we have alot of situational guys at linebacker. Boley is the only 3 down linebacker we have and he stays hurt. JPP gets a lot of tackles for a defensive end but he doesnt even start. How many blown tackles and blown coverages have you since Rolle make since being a Giant. You remember when he lost contain on Vick 2 season ago to lose the game for us...and he missed alot of tackles last year....just check out ProFootballFocus. Even I dont like ProFootballFocus, they are accurate showing how miss tackles a guy has.

mikeq6722
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM

I gave up replying to that TMurda clown last year, dont waste your time.

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
t murder- wtf r u talkin about? jpp DOES start. Rolle is a GREAT Freesafety. the breakdowns happen bc he hasnt gotten enough time at S to develop a rapport with the corners. the corners and safeties have to be on the same page otherwise a breakdown in coverage occurs and they make an easy completion.

rolle is so versatile. he used to be corner, but the way he likes to roam the field, it restricted his ball hawking as a corner. He is awesome and covers a ton of ground playing the single high safety or deep center safety. Him and Phillips are a great tandem bc we can mix and match diff schemes with them...

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
He only leads our team in tackles because we have alot of situational guys at linebacker. Boley is the only 3 down linebacker we have and he stays hurt. JPP gets a lot of tackles for a defensive end but he doesnt even start. How many blown tackles and blown coverages have you since Rolle make since being a Giant. You remember when he lost contain on Vick 2 season ago to lose the game for us...and he missed alot of tackles last year....just check out ProFootballFocus. Even I dont like ProFootballFocus, they are accurate showing how miss tackles a guy has.

Everyone misses tackles from time to time, did you see the jets preseason game the other night? Revis gave up a touchdown, I guess he is a terrible back too.

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I gave up replying to that TMurda clown last year, dont waste your time.

Yeah I agree, he is definitely one of the dumbest guys around or a troll.

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 07:58 PM
and besides, rolle is playing nickel for tonight bc we're limited in the numbers we have at corner. i believe coe is out, t2 is out, i know a bunch were on the injury reports this week.
but we have a few options for nickelback aside from rolle. I like Tryon bc he's physical and fights for every inch

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 08:07 PM
and besides, rolle is playing nickel for tonight bc we're limited in the numbers we have at corner. i believe coe is out, t2 is out, i know a bunch were on the injury reports this week.
but we have a few options for nickelback aside from rolle. I like Tryon bc he's physical and fights for every inch

Seems like our guys are made of glass

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 08:09 PM
well a lot of the injuries are stuff u want to be cautious with so they dont linger. hosely could prob go today. jpp could. etc etc...our staff is making sure we got our guys healthy for when it counts. the reg season is a long battle

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 08:10 PM
the fact they arent trying out tryon or coe or etc etc leads me to believe Hosely has won the job, so theres not a need for the other guys to start there when we will need rolle to play nickel at some point

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
well a lot of the injuries are stuff u want to be cautious with so they dont linger. hosely could prob go today. jpp could. etc etc...our staff is making sure we got our guys healthy for when it counts. the reg season is a long battle

True, I'm just worried after last season. Hopefully we will be healthy once the season starts, minus TT of course.

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 08:18 PM
True, I'm just worried after last season. Hopefully we will be healthy once the season starts, minus TT of course.

well u certainly have good reason to be worried. i am too, but i am also optimistic. i truly believe we r going to witness a special season...eli is gonna pllay all season like he did in th postseason

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Most scouts and people around the league would agree with me....its only the homers who calls me a troll because I call it the way I see it. If I talk about the awful offensive line im a troll as well. I know that people miss tackles from time to time but Rolle misses the tackles that give up huge plays. And his blown coverage assignments is just unacceptable. And to the idiot that said that JPP is the full time starter....you are an idiot my friend. JPP only started when Osi was hurt and Tuck was complaining about his sore neck and menstrual cramps. And Defensive Ends usually dont lead a team in tackles and JPP was damn close....so Rolle leading our team in tackles aint saying much....most teams throw is way because he's sorry defending the slot receiver. Talk to NFL scouts about how good Rolle is and you well be laughed at like im laughing at you right now.