PDA

View Full Version : Tiki is on the Mike Francesa

nycisgreat
08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Tiki is finally speaking with some sense. He finally admitted that he was wrong about Eli, and that Coughlin taught him ball security.

GMan-67
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
yeah just caught interview ... altho it did make me laugh that he was complaining about the smattering of boos

i do like Tiki, he was a great RB for us ... now he's terrible at team leadership and sports analysis, but you can't be good at everything

ryan12
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
i loved him until after he retired and started talking ish about the giants

Cool Papa B.
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Tiki is finally speaking with some sense. He finally admitted that he was wrong about Eli, and that Coughlin taught him ball security.

Yeah. I heard that at work. LOL the crowd cheered when he said he was wrong about Manning. That's all I needed to hear from Tiki. All is forgiven now with me. Welcome back Tiki!

BigBlue1971
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
he knows why those boos are there! he had complete control over this situation by at least not dissing the Giants!

he thought everyone would laugh when he berated Eli! he really didnt know Eli as well as he thought! Eli had the last laugh!

personally i lost some respect for Tiki when he did those things. i love the things he done on the field but he screwed all that up by opening his big mouth!

Hakeeeem88
08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I’ve lost respect for him and think he should still get booed by giant’s fans. Coughlin saved his career he was on his way to fumbling his way out of the NFL and he thanked him by calling him out after he retired.

GameTime
08-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I dug Tiki when he was on the Giants. he was a great RB for the team. But even back then if you listen to his interveiws IT WAS ALWAYS ABOUT HIM......ALWAYS. Then after he retired and spewed all **** and screwed over his pregnant wife and the team. I ahve also heard through pople who work in the Giants org that he is "persona non grata" in the eyes of the owners. Tiki dug his own hole and its hisd fault. His ego is so big he cant even control it......

thomsoad
08-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Iíve lost respect for him and think he should still get booed by giantís fans. Coughlin saved his career he was on his way to fumbling his way out of the NFL and he thanked him by calling him out after he retired.

Im not gonna lie...i was mad as heII at Tiki for his comments.

But for the life of me I cant figure out why some of you are still bashing Tiki after what Toomer and Strahan have said.

I for one have buried that hatchet with Tiki Barber...if we can all just shake our heads and forgive Toomers "Romo better then Eli" and Strahans "Osi's new contract is a slap in his face"... I think after 5 years we can ease up on Tiki Barber guys.

GameTime
08-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Im not gonna lie...i was mad as heII at Tiki for his comments.

But for the life of me I cant figure out why some of you are still bashing Tiki after what Toomer and Strahan have said.

I for one have buried that hatchet with Tiki Barber...if we can all just shake our heads and forgive Toomers "Romo better then Eli" and Strahans "Osi's new contract is a slap in his face"... I think after 5 years we can ease up on Tiki Barber guys.
Toomer should STFU too but no where near what the multiple times Tiki has stuck his ego and foot in his mouth. Not even close.....

zimonami
08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
he knows why those boos are there! he had complete control over this situation by at least not dissing the Giants!

he thought everyone would laugh when he berated Eli! he really didnt know Eli as well as he thought! Eli had the last laugh!

personally i lost some respect for Tiki when he did those things. i love the things he done on the field but he screwed all that up by opening his big mouth!
This.
He could have been a respected and successful analyst, and we Giant fans would have continued loving him. He didn't think beyond his own ego and screwed his own chances for respect and credibility.
Now he'll always be in damage control mode... no retirement nights for him like we've had for others.

stormblue
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
even though tiki was all about tiki.....
these 3 facts still remain ;

1) eli was NOT a leader yet when tiki said he wasn't.

2) coughlin WAS the d-bag that tiki said he was WHEN he said it. the front office warnings
and the players revolt (led by strahan) changed that.

3) hands down best nyg running back of all time. on the field he was great.

well 4 things actually.....tiki was , is , and probably always will be an outspoken a-hole.
but a great football player , he will be in canton.

TheAnalyst
08-24-2012, 04:56 PM
He dumped his pregnant wife of twins for a quicky intern. Not really a stand up guy. Great running back though.

fansince69
08-24-2012, 04:57 PM
2) coughlin WAS the d-bag that tiki said he was WHEN he said it. the front office warnings and the players revolt (led by strahan)
changed that.

well 4 things actually.....tiki was , is , probably always will be an outspoken a-hole.

Not if the vote was done by Giant fans......but you are probably right.....It is too bad that he tarnished an other wise great giant legacy by the way he ended it

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 04:59 PM
i think tiki felt we needed him, and not that he needed us...i think thats the best way to define him...

zimonami
08-24-2012, 05:10 PM

2) coughlin WAS the d-bag that tiki said he was WHEN he said it. the front office warnings
and the players revolt (led by strahan) changed that.

well 4 things actually.....tiki was , is , and probably always will be an outspoken a-hole.
Been watching our Giants since '58 and you are right about #3. No questions asled.
I'm not sure he has enough credentials for #4, especially play-off credentials. It's not his fault, but the fact remains.
Numbers 1 and 2 are simply professional discretion/courtesy that most athletes follow to keep issues like that about their ex-teams quiet.. They were things Tiki never needed to point out to the public. They were things an ex-team mate simply does not do. You don't see any other ex NFL players trashing their old team mates and coach once they've retired and hit the TV/Radio shows. Besides, they were Tiki's opinion.
Heck, even guys like T.O.don't rag on their past teammates and coaches.

Captain Chaos
08-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Tiki was likely the best RB the Giants had and had some valid points but the day he exchanged his uniform for a mic he sold his sole for the story and was no longer a NY Giant. He will have to go a long way to earn his way back in my book.