PDA

View Full Version : Where does Hakeem Nicks rank?

Ntegrase96
08-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Pretty straight forward question.

Where do Giants fans have Hakeem Nicks ranked amongst his WR peers in the NFL?

fizzlesticks
08-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I'd put him around 4, behind Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Fitz.

JB456
08-24-2012, 06:55 PM

Giants fan or not. I think its pretty safe to say that Nicks is a top 10 receiver.

fansince69
08-24-2012, 06:58 PM

Calvin and Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are top 3 ...arguments could be made for order...after that you have Roddy white, Nicks...and assorted others....arguments again for order

Redeyejedi
Most lists Ive seen have him no lower then 12

TheEnigma

Lots of factors behind what appears as a simple question. Are we ranking them RIGHT NOW this very second? Are we looking at the entire body of work? Future potential?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-24-2012, 07:03 PM
About 7-8th only because last season wasn't up to his standards in the TD department.

Expect him if healthy to move into the top year this season.

Ntegrase96
08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Lots of factors behind what appears as a simple question. Are we ranking them RIGHT NOW this very second? Are we looking at the entire body of work? Future potential?

Just basing it off of the present. Rankings are subjective, but overall I guess I would try to incorporate everything outide of potential. Effectiveness, Talent, Production, etc.

Not a projection for next year.

nhpgiantsfan
08-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Top 10. There are a lot of extremely talented WRs in the league right now. Not a knock on him at all. I think the national media won't rank him as high as we would because alot of media types think Cruz is our number 1? As do some Giant fans.

Rod-Diggity
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
he's def. Top 7 imo if he continues his consistentcy this yr. He def gonna move up to top 5 or 4. Injuries is his only knock but he's def. A gamer and does everythng you want in a receiver he has all the tools

ShakeandBake
08-24-2012, 07:16 PM

I'd say top ten, and this year I expect him to have bigger number than last year with teams having to focus on Cruz now as well.

TheEnigma
08-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Just basing it off of the present. Rankings are subjective, but overall I guess I would try to incorporate everything outide of potential. Effectiveness, Talent, Production, etc.

Not a projection for next year.

Heading into this season, one could argue that he was a top 5 or a top 10 receiver based on his overall production combining the regular season and playoffs. I value yards much more than TDs because the Giants and a few other teams prefer to run the ball into the end zone if they are close enough. You have some really good guys like Andre Johnson and Miles Austin who could be better than Nicks but due to injuries, it's hard to incorporate them. Nicks also misses a game or two a year so you have to factor that in as well.

There's also some guys knocking on the door trying to enter the elite category this year like A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, and Pierre Garcon (yes, look up what he did last year with the Colts). Maybe Maclin and Bryant as well if they can stay on the field and elevate their game

Then you have the guys who are getting older and might fade away like Welker (if they use their TE's and Gaffney even more) or Andre Johnson if he doesn't respond to post injury like everyone expects.

I wouldn't be surprised if after this year, we have 3-5 guys to consider as elite and some to remove from that category.

Rod-Diggity
08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Top 10. There are a lot of extremely talented WRs in the league right now. Not a knock on him at all. I think the national media won't rank him as high as we would because alot of media types think Cruz is our number 1? As do some Giant fans.

any real football fan or giants fan knows he's our #1, he opens things up for cruz and streches the field, guys def. Wanna try and take him out of the game before cruz. He gets knocked again like I said for his injury issue but he's def. The bigger threat of the 2

NWKEffectElement
08-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I would say top ten and the numbers over his Giants tenure should support this. Fitz, megatron, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Bowe, and Welker are locks in the top 10 IMO.

derekunion28
08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
top 10 potential for higher RANK

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 08:27 PM
top 5. if he plays this season like he did this past postseason, top 3 and some legit votes for 1

BigBlue1971
08-24-2012, 08:30 PM
i think Hakeem is classified in the top 5 of nfl receivers! not many better than he is.