PDA

View Full Version : All those years I been asking for a Running Back

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 09:24 PM
We finally drafted one that might be good. Thanks for all the idiots who told me to shut up because they thought Brandon Jacobs was a full time starter...lol where is Jacobs now.

btbrennan
08-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Well we won two super bowls...

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Thanks to Eli, we was last in rushing last year....luckily our division sucked so we could make the playoffs with a 9-7 record

Flip Empty
08-24-2012, 11:03 PM
You're saying that neither Bradshaw or Jacobs have been good? Tiki Barber?

As for last season - a running back can't run through holes which haven't been created for him.

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Excuses are like butt holes everyone has them. We all know that the offensive line was bad....but does Bradshaw have the versatility like Tiki had in the passing game. Tiki was a good blocker and a good receiver out the backfield. And Tiki made his offensive look good with nice cutback moves...dont tell me that Lomas Brown and Scott Gragg was elite blockers lol. Get over it Bradshaw cant hold Tiki's jockstrap.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Wih the exception of last year the Giants have been one of the best rushing teams in the NFL since TC has become the coach.

Bashum_Blue
08-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Excuses are like butt holes everyone has them. We all know that the offensive line was bad....but does Bradshaw have the versatility like Tiki had in the passing game. Tiki was a good blocker and a good receiver out the backfield. And Tiki made his offensive look good with nice cutback moves...dont tell me that Lomas Brown and Scott Gragg was elite blockers lol. Get over it Bradshaw cant hold Tiki's jockstrap.

Wow, I know Eli is good and I didn't believe Jacobs was the be all end all but I can recognize his contributions to our Superbowl wins. He was a hell of a pass blocker and without him back there Eli would'nt have been able to get those passes out. I recognize your right to your opinion but you're off base here a little bit.

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Im not as off base as the people who thinks that Bradshaw is better than Tiki or even close. Jacobs was nothing more than a goaline back and a situtational guy, and this is why I kept preaching. When the Giants paid Jacobs and wanted him to be the featured back...he was tiptoeing to keep himself from getting injured and he was not nearly effective. Even this year, as a Niner he tried to be that power back and was running hard, and guess where that landed him....on the injury report again. He will be nothing more than a situational guy like I been saying.

nygmen90
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
We finally drafted one that might be good. Thanks for all the idiots who told me to shut up because they thought Brandon Jacobs was a full time starter...lol where is Jacobs now.

ok well u can have your rb I prefer 2 sb's

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 11:23 PM
ok well u can have your rb I prefer 2 sb's

Yea I prefer the Superbowls too, but theres alot of room for improvement. Dont forget we almost didnt even make the playoffs....the Eagles even had a shot to show how weak the division was. Even we did beat the Patriots early in the year, they didnt have a chance without Gronkowski.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Jacobs was a full time starter.......... you make no sense.... glad to see you appreciate former Giant players

woocrew
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Jacobs was a full time starter.......... you make no sense.... glad to see you appreciate former Giant players Well Said nothing more

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Jacobs was a full time starter.......... you make no sense.... glad to see you appreciate former Giant players

Jacobs was a full time starter for only 2 years when the offensive line was on top of their game....even Derrick Ward almost caught him in rushing yards in 2008 with far less carries, and Derrick Ward had more all purpose yards than Jacobs would of ever dreamed of. Jacobs only played 9 games in 2007 if you want to call that starting lol, and in 2009 he started 15 games and did not even manage 900 yards LOLOL!!! didnt Bradshaw had 60 less carries and almost had 800 yards. Please stop it!!! You tried tho lol!!! What a joke....u made Jacobs look even worse you should of just left the topic alone and did a little research.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-24-2012, 11:46 PM
what a troll...

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 11:48 PM
what a troll...

Nice comeback....I make a comeback with Facts and your comeback is your idiotic opinion of me. Signs of a true homer.

DandyDon
08-25-2012, 12:24 AM

LOL. Ahmad and Jacobs have 2 rings and neither is a running back?

Flip Empty
08-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Jacobs was a full time starter
Jacobs was nothing more than a goaline back and a situtational guy,
If you're going to argue, at least be consistent.

stormblue
08-25-2012, 12:51 AM
c'mon folks......its a nice thing to see "take it to the house speed" and shifty moves.
had wilson been on the roster for the 2 rings i'm sure he would have contributed significantly.

he will definitely make large contributions to the next 2 rings........ speed kills..

GMan-67
08-25-2012, 01:06 AM
please tell me who you woulda drafted and when to get us 4 Super Bowls in the past couple years instead of 2 ? ... weird compliment for Wilson, dude

Moke
08-25-2012, 01:43 AM
I still don't see what the problem was. People liked Bradshaw and Jacobs and we were OK with them. Now with Jacobs gone, we obviously needed a RB. No one questioned that, you just assume people did.

BlueBlooded1979
08-25-2012, 02:26 AM

Jacobs would still see more snaps that Wilson on this team because he can pass protect and this is a passing team with a top 5 QB. Then they could have spent their pick on an OT which seems to be a much greater need than a RB.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 02:34 AM
We finally drafted one that might be good. Thanks for all the idiots who told me to shut up because they thought Brandon Jacobs was a full time starter...lol where is Jacobs now.Running well with the 49ers so far.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Jacobs would still see more snaps that Wilson on this team because he can pass protect and this is a passing team with a top 5 QB. Then they could have spent their pick on an OT which seems to be a much greater need than a RB.

They very seldom use their first pick on a NEED.....it almost always ends up the player they feel is BPA.....if there are 2 players of similar skill then they may choose the one that most closely fits a need....year in year out they have chosen the player highest on their board......I would be more than willing to listen to who you think was a tackle that left on the board that was worthy of number 32 pick.......you do realize that you only get to pick from the players left on the board right?

Medisleman
08-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Bradshaw Jacobs era is over, now Bradshaw Wilson era has begun. Lets all be happy, we have a great team again this season. We are a very lucky fanbase.

BlueSanta
08-25-2012, 08:17 AM
truthfully, I am kind of disgusted by the original post. Show some gratitude to Jacobs and Bradshaw. These guys could retire today and forever be known as Giants.

These are 2 of the guys who helped carry the load while Eli grew into the QB he is today. Without them there are no 2 Sb rings.

Wilson is the future, but every single person here should hope that Bradshaw's professionalism and attitude rub off on Wilson. He may be a better runner now and barring injury we all know he will replace AB eventually. But let him learn from a class act for a while so he doesnt end up like Tiki or Shockey, a guy who put self over team.

stormblue
08-25-2012, 08:36 AM
the blocking skills will come.....but he has to play to improve on them.
everybody talks about how important all this blocking is before you can
play at the running back position. such bull.
put a fullback out there to block and drop the slot receiver if you are so scared.
nice formation to run screens out of too.
and jacobs was notorious for his lack of blocking skills but they let him start anyway.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 08:56 AM
the blocking skills will come.....but he has to play to improve on them.
everybody talks about how important all this blocking is before you can
play at the running back position. such bull.
put a fullback out there to block and drop the slot receiver if you are so scared.
nice formation to run screens out of too.
and jacobs was notorious for his lack of blocking skills but they let him start anyway.That is right and not all backs are good blockers and they still start cause they can do more than one thing.

penguinfarmer
08-25-2012, 09:04 AM
I don't know why one player has to be compared to another in order to be validated. So if Bradshaw doesn't put up the numbers of the most productive RB in Giants' history, he isn't very good?

Brandon Jacobs is 4th on the Giants' all time career rushing list. That must have been a heck of a lot of goal line snaps then.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't know why one player has to be compared to another in order to be validated. So if Bradshaw doesn't put up the numbers of the most productive RB in Giants' history, he isn't very good?

Brandon Jacobs is 4th on the Giants' all time career rushing list. That must have been a heck of a lot of goal line snaps then.Very good.

stormblue
08-25-2012, 09:27 AM
4th all time leading rusher for the giants isn't really saying much.
only 3 giants in history even have over 5,000 yards.....and jacobs ain't one of them.
he is 2,000 behind hampton and 6,000 behind tiki.

the giants don't have a history of great running backs , so it ain't hard to make the top 4.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 09:40 AM
4th all time leading rusher for the giants isn't really saying much.
only 3 giants in history even have over 5,000 yards.....and jacobs ain't one of them.
he is 2,000 behind hampton and 6,000 behind tiki.

the giants don't have a history of great running backs , so it ain't hard to make the top 4.

How many teams have multiple great running back in their history?...Most running backs have a very short lifespan in the NFL...3-4 good years and then onto the next candidate....the Giants are no different.

stormblue
08-25-2012, 10:08 AM
How many teams have multiple great running back in their history?...Most running backs have a very short lifespan in the NFL...3-4 good years and then onto the next candidate....the Giants are no different.

ok , point taken ; so i'll agree with you and amend my statement:

4th all-time running back on ANY nfl team ain't sayin' much , especially the giants
who are worse than most.

2 seasons of OJ was more than Giffords entire carrer....and the giff is one of our all-time greats.

c'mon , i know you haven't forgotten how many times tiki took us down the field and let jacobs take it in.
you don't think tiki could have scored from the 1 or 2 yard line ?

i'm not knocking jacobs or bradshaw they are/were pretty decent backs ; but nothing to write home about.

this wilson kid is special......like tiki was special.
and i know you see it too..

fansince69
08-25-2012, 10:13 AM
ok , point taken ; so i'll agree with you and amend my statement:

4th all-time running back on ANY nfl team ain't sayin' much , especially the giants
who are worse than most.

2 seasons of OJ was more than Giffords entire carrer....and the giff is one of our all-time greats.

c'mon , i know you haven't forgotten how many times tiki took us down the field and let jacobs take it in.
you don't think tiki could have scored from the 1 or 2 yard line.

i'm not knocking jacobs or bradshaw they are/were pretty decent backs ; but nothing to write home about.

this wilson kid is special......like tiki was special.
and i know you see it too..

Tiki was special not because of what he could do but because how long he did it....there are many backs that are productive for few years....like Jacobs and Bradshaw....very few do it for many years.....I do see something in Wilson....but before we annoint him to the hall of fame...lets see how long he can do it....I have seen way too many backs light it up and then just fade.....this is not a knock to Wilson Jacobs or Bradshaw.......just an observation of many year watching football

stormblue
08-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Tiki was special not because of what he could do but because how long he did it....there are many backs that are productive for few years....like Jacobs and Bradshaw....very few do it for many years.....I do see something in Wilson....but before we annoint him to the hall of fame...lets see how long he can do it....I have seen way too many backs light it up and then just fade.....this is not a knock to Wilson Jacobs or Bradshaw.......just an observation of many year watching football

well , let us hope he lasts a long time then.
but he is fluid and elusive .....he rarely gets drilled , those ere the kind of backs that last
a long time and don't get hurt.

and even if 3 or 4 years is all he lasts....he will pass jacobs as the #4.
i'll bet you a 6 pack on that.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 10:40 AM
well , let us hope he lasts a long time then.
but he is fluid and elusive .....he rarely gets drilled , those ere the kind of backs that last
a long time and don't get hurt.

and even if 3 or 4 years is all he lasts....he will pass jacobs as the #4.
i'll bet you a 6 pack on that.

No need to bet...we agree in theory...all depends on how long he lasts