PDA

View Full Version : Osi

Tuckit91
08-24-2012, 08:38 PM
See he can play the run!!

BuffyBlueII
08-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I think that we are going to see an incredible effort from Osi Umenyora this season. He got paid and is happy and I think he along with the rest of the guys know that they have something special here and have a chance to repeat.

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
He's doing better but he kind of overpursured on the Reverse play and let a running back seal him in.

nycisgreat
08-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I think that we are going to see an incredible effort from Osi Umenyora this season. He got paid and is happy and I think he along with the rest of the guys know that they have something special here and have a chance to repeat.

How can you say that? Osi get a bad rap for nothing. Only one season where I can say he was legitimately was getting beat on runs plays when he was coming off knee surgery. One season out of many. The guy can play. Yeah, he is under size for DE, but makes up for it with his speed. The guy isn't a quitter, and I don't think any Giants fan who can objective say that and believe it.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Osi not being able to play the run has always been a fallacy on these boards........ people have no idea what they're talking about

nygmen90
08-24-2012, 09:59 PM
he's got grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat moves

BlueSanta
08-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Osi not being able to play the run has always been a fallacy on these boards........ people have no idea what they're talking about

That isnt true at all. He was decent against the run prior to his injury, but after it ,for about 1.5 years he was simply among the worst in the league, if not the worst in the league. Last year we began to see him regain the strength at the point of attack that the injury had taken away. But make no mistake, in 2009 every team we played ran right at him and they did it with massive success. He still loses contain more oftenthan he should. But, he makes up for it with his passrush.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 07:07 AM
How can you say that? Osi get a bad rap for nothing. Only one season where I can say he was legitimately was getting beat on runs plays when he was coming off knee surgery. One season out of many. The guy can play. Yeah, he is under size for DE, but makes up for it with his speed. The guy isn't a quitter, and I don't think any Giants fan who can objective say that and believe it.

I think you have that backward...there has only been one season that he played the run well(sorry cant quote the year)....before and after that he has been mediocre at best.......But at this point in time one nice play on a run does not make him more than a one trick pony....that trick is rushing the QB

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 07:36 AM
OSi is horrible against he run, and he jumped inside last night and let people run free to the sidelines. He never, repeat NEVER, plays his man straight up and sheds the blocker to make the play. He either immediately jumps inside or outside, and gets burned at least half the time they run to his side. There's a reason teams attack that side of the Giant defense when he's on the field

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Osi does Ok against the run, not great.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Osi does Ok against the run, not great.Osi always wanted to get at the qb and he was not known to be a great run stopper. I also think he doesn't have the strength wich is needed to overpower defenders so he tries to get around them. This can be the reason why he over persue on the run a lot.