PDA

View Full Version : Run blocking has been better past few weeks

touchdown44
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
If we can continue the *modest* success we've had the last few weeks running the ball, it will bode well for the stretch run. Defending the pass needs to get better however or we are screwed.

buddy33
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Is because Boothe is better than Baas and Petrus is ready. That has been the difference the past two weeks.

G4L
12-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Is because Boothe is better than Baas and Petrus is ready. That has been the difference the past two weeks.</P>

+1. Happy to have both Boothe and Petrus in the starting lineup. But Boothe better practice getting his shotgun snaps to Eli or thats gonna bite us in the ***.</P>

NYGiants2120
12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Not only the run blocking but the O-Line gave up 0 sacks last night. Very impressive, have to give them big props.

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I theorize that the running game could of been better all along had Petrus started at LG instead of Diehl. It could of been a difference in a few games since we would of had more TOP and kept the opposing offenses off the field.

If Coughlin is still here next year, I really want to see him improve in determining who the starter should be. He has struggled in recent years in this area.

RoanokeFan
12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Is because Boothe is better than Baas and Petrus is ready. That has been the difference the past two weeks.

+1

THEMASTER
12-12-2011, 07:52 PM
It also helped to have BJ out of twinkle toes mode into run like a bull mode.......the 'girls have shown that they can be run on, its their pass rush that creates problems, but the oline handled that for the most part.

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I theorize that the running game could of been better all along had Petrus started at LG instead of Diehl. It could of been a difference in a few games since we would of had more TOP and kept the opposing offenses off the field.

If Coughlin is still here next year, I really want to see him improve in determining who the starter should be. He has struggled in recent years in this area.nice job stealing the chuck norris facts

TheEnigma
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM

If Coughlin is still here next year, I really want to see him improve in determining who the starter should be. He has struggled in recent years in this area.nice job stealing the chuck norris facts
I know :( Wish I could take credit for it.

GMAN2K9
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
The current lineup has been much better overall. IMO Baas has been a major disappointment. Wanna give the guy benefit of the doubt but he's been injury prone and ineffective when 'healthy'. I hope they IR him and gets himself right for 2012...

In the mean time... let's continue the good roll the O line's been on. A run game (and the threat of an ineffective) will help the pass game even more AND more importantly, give the Giants defense time to rest and less opps to blow it

Rusty192
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM

I know :( Wish I could take credit for it.Chuck Norris: "Jason. I am your Father!"

JPP: "NOOOOOOOOO!"