PDA

View Full Version : Is Reese watching the same Oline like us?!?!

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Does Jerry Reese sit back and think this Offensive Line is doing well?!?! Does he even worry about the health of our franchise QB...why is Locklear even in their protecting his blindside. OMG! this Line scares the shyt out of me. What is Reese thinking about? We have too many athletes at the skilled positions for these fat lards to blow it.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Well he has put together 2 Super Bowl winning teams so I'm sure he's watching.

Grail1972
08-24-2012, 10:19 PM
They look ok tonight.

Flip Empty
08-24-2012, 10:19 PM
What's your point? You can't just conjure up a cohesive line out of nowhere.

jgiantfan
08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Does Jerry Reese sit back and think this Offensive Line is doing well?!?! Does he even worry about the health of our franchise QB...why is Locklear even in their protecting his blindside. OMG! this Line scares the shyt out of me. What is Reese thinking about? We have too many athletes at the skilled positions for these fat lards to blow it.This is what you get when you draft OL in late rounds and rely on free agency.. The last time Giants drafted OL in first 2 rounds? 2004.. That's right and you guessed it. Tom's son in law. Why is Eli is an elite QB? He wins with an average OL.. I agree. Our franchise QB is too valuable to surround with mediocre lineman.

EJ Blue
08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Well he has put together 2 Super Bowl winning teams so I'm sure he's watching.So I guess this will be the new reason we're going to stay having a mediocre at best O-line.

jgiantfan
08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Well he has put together 2 Super Bowl winning teams so I'm sure he's watching. True. But .You had to sit at the edge of your seat hoping that Eli would not get killed with Diehl at tackle.

Grail1972
08-24-2012, 10:32 PM
This line is playing pretty well verse a pretty good Dline tonight. I think they will continue to come together.

jgiantfan
08-24-2012, 10:35 PM
What's your point? You can't just conjure up a cohesive line out of nowhere. This is true. Thats why you need to draft OL in top 3 rounds so at least they have chance to make roster. Drafting OL in 4th-6th rounds is just not a good strategy to create Cohesive group. Some of these guys will be cut or not make the roster.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 10:36 PM
The point is the man knows what he is doing. We are sitting watching a game full of players that he put together and they just won the Super Bowl. I think he knows what he's doing. Lol. The Reese hate had to stop for a while but it's back.

titwio
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
The O-line looks great...especially in pass pro.

....Will Beatty who?

BigBlue1971
08-24-2012, 11:39 PM
im sure JR watches the o-line, prolly the 2nd most important unit on the team. but he sees a lot more than we do! i think hes done an exceptional job acquiring talent!

Wilson
08-24-2012, 11:46 PM
The O-line looks great...especially in pass pro.

....Will Beatty who?

I agree, I think locklear looked pretty good

CuseGirl
08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
The point is the man knows what he is doing. We are sitting watching a game full of players that he put together and they just won the Super Bowl. I think he knows what he's doing. Lol. The Reese hate had to stop for a while but it's back.NFL stands for "Not For Long" and somewhere in fine print, it also says "What have you done for me lately?"

Lately, I've seen this line struggle to open running lanes. And yea, Eli tends to be under more pressure than I would like. I hate that Tom Brady gets to literally stand in the pocket completely still and throwing perfect passes. Only time I see him hassled is when he plays the Giants lolll.

But hey, every team has a weakness and while this is an issue for NY, it's not as bad as other teams, so we'll see.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Lately? The last meaningful game they played they won the Super Bowl.

BlueBlooded1979
08-25-2012, 02:54 AM
How many OL did JR actually draft? Snee and Diehl are EA picks, Baas is an overpaid FA pickup. Locklear and Boothe are castoffs that are decent starters. Beatty couldn't win the job and now can't stay on the field. The rest are a bunch of guys who aren't exactly pushing for jobs.

As good as JR has been the Oline has deteriorated and his picks haven't really helped.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 03:01 AM
How many OL did JR actually draft? Snee and Diehl are EA picks, Baas is an overpaid FA pickup. Locklear and Boothe are castoffs that are decent starters. Beatty couldn't win the job and now can't stay on the field. The rest are a bunch of guys who aren't exactly pushing for jobs.

As good as JR has been the Oline has deteriorated and his picks haven't really helped.I have no worries about the O-line and you shouldn't either. When the time comes, he will get more players for the O-line but they will do great this year.

dave56dj
08-25-2012, 03:04 AM
First unit did just fine - locklear did a fairly nice job at LT.

Medisleman
08-25-2012, 07:55 AM
NFL stands for "Not For Long" and somewhere in fine print, it also says "What have you done for me lately?"

Lately, I've seen this line struggle to open running lanes. And yea, Eli tends to be under more pressure than I would like. I hate that Tom Brady gets to literally stand in the pocket completely still and throwing perfect passes. Only time I see him hassled is when he plays the Giants lolll.

But hey, every team has a weakness and while this is an issue for NY, it's not as bad as other teams, so we'll see.

It helps when you have a guy in the booth calling into your headset where the open receiver is. Brady loved Spygate. LOL