PDA

View Full Version : Coe

OX1
08-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Playing very physical. Could he be the answer now that prince has the HA sprain.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Coe is playing GREAT... Bears receivers are just making the play lol

He's all over them

penguinfarmer
08-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Yes. Giants were really loaded at the nickel spot. Coe was one of the few guys I thought was fit for the outside. Hosley may also now get that chance.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 11:07 PM
He was starting to come on last year before being injured.

GiantWarfare
08-24-2012, 11:58 PM
He looked very well considering he was matched up against arguably the most physical wideout in the league, who btw happens to be a premier receiver as well. Coe held his own.

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Yes. Giants were really loaded at the nickel spot. Coe was one of the few guys I thought was fit for the outside. Hosley may also now get that chance.

I disagree I think they have serious issues now in the secondary with amukumara being hurt. Passing league and your down your 2 and 3 CB's for a long time its trouble

Buddy333
08-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Has it been confirmed Prince has a high ankle sprain and if so how long are they saying he will be out?

dave56dj
08-25-2012, 12:13 AM
out at least 3-6 weeks - hosley was gonna be the nickel if healthy anyway - probably coe starter now. Will hill saw time as the rover tonight - played well/ at least wasnt thrown at so coverage must have been there.

Buddy333
08-25-2012, 12:18 AM
No to say he can't get better sooner, but it took Prince a while to come back from the broken foot. Hopefully it only takes a few weeks to get better.

nygmen90
08-25-2012, 12:19 AM
you think coe will start over hosely?

B-Red22
08-25-2012, 12:21 AM
No to say he can't get better sooner, but it took Prince a while to come back from the broken foot. Hopefully it only takes a few weeks to get better.

it wont be sooner, i'm growing tired of prince (yes you guys know i never liked the pick and i was crucified on here for it) i know its just his second year but he has shown me 0 so far

Buddy333
08-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Well he broke his foot last year. He showed us something in the post season last year. Actually, the play he was hurt on was a good physical tackle on a big physical WR. Just unfortunate that he hurt his ankle doing it.

giantyankee1976
08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
I liked Coe. I hope he makes the Team. Very physical and was playing the ball...

Axels17
08-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Has it been confirmed Prince has a high ankle sprain and if so how long are they saying he will be out?

Coughlin said he was told it was minor and doesn't like the "high" classification. So we'll see

Axels17
08-25-2012, 02:32 AM
Well he broke his foot last year. He showed us something in the post season last year. Actually, the play he was hurt on was a good physical tackle on a big physical WR. Just unfortunate that he hurt his ankle doing it.

He was hurt the play before that apparently, and tried to play through it. Which makes that play more impressive, but also dumb in the preseason

dave56dj
08-25-2012, 02:46 AM
yes i think coe takes the outside and hosley takes the nickel.

penguinfarmer
08-25-2012, 08:37 AM
I disagree I think they have serious issues now in the secondary with amukumara being hurt. Passing league and your down your 2 and 3 CB's for a long time its trouble

My statement doesn't disagree with that. Prior to any of the injuries, Thomas, Witherspoon, Molden, Bing, Tryon and Hosley were looking more like your Nickel CBs. That's potentially six guys vying for one position. The only guys that were suited to turn and run on the outside were Prince, Webster and Coe, very thin at that spot from the start. Now that Prince is injured, I imagine Coe to gets the opportunity. Maybe Hosley.

Bruce Johnson is probably only a Dime guy who needs Jim Zorn calling plays for the opposing offense.

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 08:43 AM
I think they gave Coe a chance to see what he would do in a big situation and he did a nice job, certainly doesn't ease any concern about the position. We are very thin there preparing for a passing team like Dallas.

nycsportzfan
08-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Coes very impressive and i think could be starting material with that size/speed physical caliber of play of his...

b_ELI_eve
08-25-2012, 11:27 AM
it wont be sooner, i'm growing tired of prince (yes you guys know i never liked the pick and i was crucified on here for it) i know its just his second year but he has shown me 0 so far

Did you not watch the playoffs last year? I think the only gripe against Prince is that he is injury prone. It takes time for a CB to develope. Webster wasn't very good his first few seasons and look at other young CBs like Patrick Peterson. Becoming a starting NFL CB doesn't happen in a year, especially with how the rules are tailored to high passing offenses

eldee
08-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I think Coe showed me that he can hold his own against physical receivers but let's see that he can keep up with the speedy ones

JesseJames
08-25-2012, 11:48 AM
what I saw of Prince last night tells me he isn't ready for prime time yet, he looks pretty ordinary to me and not like a 1st round pick in his second year who seems to be injury prone....

Giantslb66
08-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Trade Prince for Revis!!!

ShakeandBake
08-25-2012, 11:55 AM

He looked pretty good in the post season last year, but I hear ya these injuries are starting to get old already.