PDA

View Full Version : I just don't know how you keep Ware

ebick
08-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Bradshaw
Wilson
Scott
Brown

Too much upside on the younger guys......

penguinfarmer
08-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Easy. The most important among those guys is Eli, and Ware is better at protecting him than three names on that list.

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
If they trust him more as a blocker he stays. I would say as a RB it should be Bradshaw, Wilson, and Scott.

titwio
08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Gilbert? Am I missing a joke or something...

giantsfan420
08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
i think this is the end for ware. i found it telling that wilson, AND brown were ahead of him on the depth chart....

Buddy333
08-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Actually hey kept 4 last year. It could be Bradshaw, Ware, Wilson, and Scott.

GoDeep80
08-24-2012, 10:32 PM
This Gilbert kid must be good if you think he'll knock Ware out :wink:

Giantsfan241
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
LOL Gilbert will be our starter for sure.

ozzie0075
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Ware was still in on most 3rd downs to pick up the blitz and protecting Eli is more important than running ability.

ebick
08-24-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't what the H I was thinking when I typed that.......sprained groins....Wilson/Gilberts....I'm gonna stop posting tonight..... :S

Tmurda1984
08-24-2012, 10:39 PM
DJ Ware is better than Andre Brown and I trust him most than Scott too. I like a combo of Wilson and Bradshaw and Ware as the 3rd back on the roster.

titwio
08-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah Ware is safe. It's going to come down to Brown or Scott again like last year.

I think they'll go with Scott for his speed, upside and ST's.

Wilson
08-24-2012, 10:50 PM
DJ Ware is better than Andre Brown and I trust him most than Scott too. I like a combo of Wilson and Bradshaw and Ware as the 3rd back on the roster.

Agreed. Brown is the only one with some size, but doesn't seem to bring much.

mcillo
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Bradshaw
Wilson
Scott
Brown

Too much upside on the younger guys......Brown missed another block on pass protection tonight - he won`t stick.

TheShouldersOf
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
it should be Bradshaw Wilson splitting equal opportunity, with Ware at Third down, and Scott if needed, or on Special teams

TheEnigma
08-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Ware is the worst runner out of the entire group but he's the second best pass protector which keeps him safe.

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't get this "keep Ware because he can block' stuff. If that's the only reason you've got to keep Ware there's a simple solution: use your fullback on those downs. Ware continues to be a head scratcher for this team. He's run of the mill, at best, and they've got younger players with more potential.

ozzie0075
08-25-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't get this "keep Ware because he can block' stuff. If that's the only reason you've got to keep Ware there's a simple solution: use your fullback on those downs. Ware continues to be a head scratcher for this team. He's run of the mill, at best, and they've got younger players with more potential.

By using a full back on 3rd down in really takes out the threat of running the draw that Eli likes so much. Also per Eli Ware is a very good route runner and Eli trusts him. Also Full backs are not typically used in pass protection and it might take some time for Hynoski to learn the pass protection schemes. Eli the o-line and RB have to all be in sync in pass pro so that the RB know who he has to pick-up and Eli knows who the free rusher might be so he can avoid it. Many people don't realize how complex pass protection schemes can be and the importance of a RB that understands them and is willing to stick their head in there and pick-up the rusher.

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 10:02 AM
By using a full back on 3rd down in really takes out the threat of running the draw that Eli likes so much. Also per Eli Ware is a very good route runner and Eli trusts him. Also Full backs are not typically used in pass protection and it might take some time for Hynoski to learn the pass protection schemes. Eli the o-line and RB have to all be in sync in pass pro so that the RB know who he has to pick-up and Eli knows who the free rusher might be so he can avoid it. Many people don't realize how complex pass protection schemes can be and the importance of a RB that understands them and is willing to stick their head in there and pick-up the rusher.

Granted all that Oz. It goes back to one of my other pet peeves with the Giants, the fulback hasn't had a carry since 2008, I believe. Since when does it make sense to eliminate one of your backs as a potential ball carrier. Kind of makes life easier on the defense. Hynoski seems to have some running abiltiy as well. Oh how I pine for the Rob Carpenter days.

Flip Empty
08-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Ware needs to stay so he can run the shotgun draw some more

Giantz4Life
08-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Ware needs to stay so he can run the shotgun draw some more

Everytime we run that play with Ware an angel loses its wings.

jomo
08-25-2012, 11:59 AM
I doubt he'd get picked up which would give us the Chase Blackburn option if we need him later in the season. The other guys all show things that he doesn't have.

tonyt830
08-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Bradshaw
Wilson
Scott
Brown

Too much upside on the younger guys......I guess we will have to wait and see, but to me I think Ware stays put with Bradshaw and Wilson. I think it will come down to Scott and Brown. Neither one of those 2 separated themselves from the other. Though I may give Scott the edge slightly last night over Brown. I'm sure we will see a lot of Ware, Brown and Scott vs the Pats on Thursday.

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I think they have given Ware every chance this preseason to show what he has got and it's sad to say that hasn't been much. I think that you have to give the others the opportunity; certainly Scott needs to stay over Ware.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Bradshaw
Wilson
Scott
Brown

Too much upside on the younger guys......

Scott bobbled a kick off in the end zone last night. It matters

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Ware is the worst runner out of the entire group but he's the second best pass protector which keeps him safe.

According to Eli, he's also the best route runner out of the backfield

LINK (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/12/d-j-wares-time-to-shine/)

Excerpt: "Quarterback Eli Manning said Ware is not only good on third down, he also is a good blocker.

“We feel he’s our best route runner out of the backfield and catches the ball well,” Manning said. “Hopefully, that’s a role where you can get catches to him (on) third-and-short or third-and-4 or 5, or you can get the ball out of the backfield, have him run a route and get first downs for you. I think that’s something that he’s worked hard on and understands our concepts and how to get open versus different techniques.” Read more...

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 01:30 PM
It should be Bradshaw/Wilson/Martinek/Scott.

jomo
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
It should be Bradshaw/Wilson/Martinek/Scott.Martinek at #3. That is a different response. I like the kid but expect him on our reserve squad.

Toadofsteel
08-25-2012, 01:47 PM
It should be Bradshaw/Wilson/Martinek/Scott.

I was thinking Bradshaw/Wilson/Scott/Brown or Bradshaw/Wilson/Ware/Brown... I just don't see Brown getting cut since he's our only power back now with Jacobs gone...

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I was thinking Bradshaw/Wilson/Scott/Brown or Bradshaw/Wilson/Ware/Brown... I just don't see Brown getting cut since he's our only power back now with Jacobs gone... Martinek has much more power. The reason I have him at 3 is because he is a power back. He'd get more snaps than Scott would. He also has made some good receptions out of the back field.

jomo
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Martinek has much more power. The reason I have him at 3 is because he is a power back. He'd get more snaps than Scott would. He also has made some good receptions out of the back field.I have seen enough to know why many people here like him, just not enough for me to be sure. I like all of our backs more than Ware, I just worry about having so little NFL experience protecting Eli after Bradshaw.

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 02:21 PM
I have seen enough to know why many people here like him, just not enough for me to be sure. I like all of our backs more than Ware, I just worry about having so little NFL experience protecting Eli after Bradshaw.

I don't. It might be rough for the first couple of games but they'll get it down pretty quick.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't. It might be rough for the first couple of games but they'll get it down pretty quick.

"Rough for first couple of game" = Eli in jeopardy. I'm thinking the coaching staff will continue to develop Scott or Brown unless they see more upside to Martinek.

myles2424
08-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Ware was still in on most 3rd downs to pick up the blitz and protecting Eli is more important than running ability.
Geez, people are talking like Ware is the only pass blocking rb in the league....Time for one of the more talented Rb's to step up & block

tru4blu88
08-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I really wasnt Impressed with Brown last night, he kepted getting stood up at the line other then his TD run. I think it should be bradshaw, Scott,Wilson, and holding into Ware.. And get the giants back to a dangerous three headed monster running scheme

ozzie0075
08-25-2012, 02:53 PM

Not really worth taking the chance of Eli getting hurt to try and develop someone.. People tend to underestimate how difficult pass pro is for a RB to learn. There is no way Brown makes the team he has been terrible in pass pro and hasn't shown anything in the carries he has gotten. Ware is a lock to make the team and will see a lot of time as the 3rd down back just like last season.

Gimaniac
08-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I really wasnt Impressed with Brown last night, he kepted getting stood up at the line other then his TD run. I think it should be bradshaw, Scott,Wilson, and holding into Ware.. And get the giants back to a dangerous three headed monster running scheme

I think it should be Wilson & ........ it really doesn't matter.

GMan-67
08-25-2012, 04:01 PM
yeah that is a tough one ... do we look at Brown's playing time as a last chance for him or a showcase for a possible trade (i know don't laugh, but we did trade Ryan Grant one year for a late round pick and he had not shown too much at that point)

what works against Ware is that he is not dynamic and he is in his 6th season, not that he has many miles on him ... he does know what he is doing though and did bulk up ... it will be interesting

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 06:29 PM
I'd take Ron Dayne over DJ Ware tbh... At least Dayne could gain would bust a 10 yarder once or twice a game.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I'd take Ron Dayne over DJ Ware tbh... At least Dayne could gain would bust a 10 yarder once or twice a game.

Maybe in his rookie season......they were few and far between after that

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
With Dayne it was -2, -1, -3, 15, -3, -2, 12, -1, -2, 12 yards. Almost every game of his career. A lot of -2 and 2 or 3 10-20 yarders. He wasn't a terrible running back. He was just an average 3rd down back. He would not be looked at in the same light if he had been a 5th round pick. We'd be saying "he was okay" instead of "he sucked".

fansince69
08-25-2012, 06:36 PM
With Dayne it was -2, -1, -3, 15, -3, -2, 12, -1, -2, 12 yards. Almost every game of his career. A lot of -2 and 2 or 3 10-20 yarders. He wasn't a terrible running back. He was just an average 3rd down back. He would not be looked at in the same light if he had been a 5th round pick. We'd be saying "he was okay" instead of "he sucked".

I guess we will have to agree to disagree....His rookie year he was productive....after that I do not recall many positive runs....maybe I was getting a beer that 3 times/season

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I guess we will have to agree to disagree....His rookie year he was productive....after that I do not recall many positive runs....maybe I was getting a beer that 3 times/season
because after his rookie year was the birth of superstar Tiki. Tiki took most of the caries after that. Dayne's worst year was Eli's first. Then he went to Denver and single handedly beat Dallas for us one game.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 06:46 PM
because after his rookie year was the birth of superstar Tiki. Tiki took most of the caries after that. Dayne's worst year was Eli's first. Then he went to Denver and single handedly beat Dallas for us one game.

His rookie year was the year of thunder and lightning...Tiki was already taking the carries......he averaged 3.4 3.8 3.4 and 3.4 yds per carry in his 4 years with the Giants.....but you are right ...he was so good for Denver they gave him 53 carries that year.....he did have 1 that went for 55 yds.......so basically he had one good carry

Flip Empty
08-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Geez, people are talking like Ware is the only pass blocking rb in the league....Time for one of the more talented Rb's to step up & block
Who? They don't exactly grow on trees.

ebick
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
DJ Ware cut.

So.....I started this thread and had a bunch of folks basically tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about.......so here's the obligatory "I Told Ya So" lol :)