PDA

View Full Version : Can Philthadelphia still win the division?

wrek537emc
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins...

at least our games are at home.

bigjeep
12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins... at least our games are at home.</P>

Lets face it, the NFL east is a very weak division. So yes, 8-8 could win it. I don't think any team from the East will get past the first round in the playoffs!</P>

ebick
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Yes, they have an outside chance. They could finish 8-8. If they did, they would be 5-1 in the division. If we or Dallas end up 8-8 they would break the tie with us based on division record and with Dallas based on head-to-head.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins... at least our games are at home.</P>

Lets face it, the NFL east is a very weak division. So yes, 8-8 could win it. I don't think any team from the East will get past the first round in the playoffs!</P>

Yeah, except the team with the best chance of getting passed the first round is the Giants. The only team that scares me in the NFC is NO.

ebick
12-12-2011, 04:15 PM

Yeah, except the team with the best chance of getting passed the first round is the Giants. The only team that scares me in the NFC is NO.</P>

After watching them against other teams, anyone else think that Sean Payton just has our number?</P>

bigjeep
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Yeah, except the team with the best chance of getting passed the first round is the Giants. The only team that scares me in the NFC is NO.</P>

Agreed!</P>

stormblue
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
yes ;

the best the Eagles can do is 8-n-8

but should Giants and Cowboys fall to 8-n-8

the Eagles win the division because they would have a 5-n-1 division record. both Giants and Dallas have 2 division losses already.
Dallas would also lose the head to head with
Philly 2 to 0.

NYGiants2120
12-12-2011, 04:32 PM
mathmatically yes, realisticly no

NoHuddle10
12-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Strongly disagree here.... The winner of our division will be playing one of the following teams.

1. Whoever comes in second in our division. Meaning someone from our division definitely moves on to round 2.

2. The Falcons. I strongly feel both us or Dallas would take care of Atlanta at home.

3. The Lions. Again, I feel confident both us or Dallas would take care of business at home.

4. The Bears. No Cutler, no Forte, if the Bears sneak in, both us and Dallas will beat them.

NFC East team will move past the first round this year, I am confident and hopeful that will be the NY football GIANTS!

stormblue
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
yea...what he said.

wrek537emc
12-12-2011, 04:40 PM
what if Giants go 9-7 (wins over the jets and either Wash/Dallas and one loss to Wash/Dal), but Eagles go 8-8? Giants will have a better record, but the eagles will be 5-1 in the division, and giants will be 4-2?

steve12smith
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
what if Giants go 9-7 (wins over the jets and either Wash/Dallas and one loss to Wash/Dal), but Eagles go 8-8? Giants will have a better record, but the eagles will be 5-1 in the division, and giants will be 4-2?
lol really man? our overal record would be better so division records would not matter at all.

the only way division records come into play is if the overal records are tied. then it would go to season series, if the overal records are the same and the head to head season series is the same, then it would come down to division record

oldgiantfan
12-12-2011, 05:43 PM
If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles? we still have to play Cowboys and Redskins...

It's not even part of my thinking at the moment. All I could figure on is the giants beat Dallas again and then Washington. I think that should do it.

I just don't like the Giants playing the Jets if there's something on the line. The Jets are dangerous for the Giants.

steve12smith
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM

It's not even part of my thinking at the moment. All I could figure on is the giants beat Dallas again and then Washington. I think that should do it.

I just don't like the Giants playing the Jets if there's something on the line. The Jets are dangerous for the Giants. i honestly think Eli would carve upppp the Jets D. they have NO pass rush at all, and when Eli has time, he will not miss. and i can see nicks being a physical beast to revis. Revis is amazing, but that back shoulder throw to nicks is unstoppable

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM

After watching them against other teams, anyone else think that Sean Payton just has our number?</P>

The Giants just don't match up well against NO. I don't know why, they just don't. Brees has Giantbane and that TE of theirs, Graham, that guy is sick.

Joe Morrison
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
The Giants must beat the skins next week, nice to beat the Jets, bet the Cowboys the last week.</P>

They need that extra divison win against the Skins if they do get mixed up in the tie breaker in the wildcard hunt.</P>

So beat the skins and the boys and there is nothing to worry about.</P>

JMFP2
12-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Agreed....it's amazing to see them sort of struggle v. Tennessee, and lose to the Rams, but completely blow the doors off the Giants on their carpet.

I ****ing hate dome teams.

steve12smith
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Agreed....it's amazing to see them sort of struggle v. Tennessee, and lose to the Rams, but completely blow the doors off the Giants on their carpet.

I ****ing hate dome teams.
we really gotta hope the saints dont get the 2 seed. i reallyyy rather not play the saints in the superdome in the plyoffs

killerblue8787
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Simply if the giants and dallas both win a tleast one of their next two games meaning the giants beat either the jets or washington and the cowboys beat either the egirls or tampa giving each atleast 8 wins before the last week then the egals can't win the division. But most likely if it is a 3 way tie or if the egals tie with dallas or ny at 8 wins then the egirls win all division tiebreakers.

appletree943
12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
yup :)

Cowboys could very well go 0-2 before they even face you guys again

and as long as giants dont win both games before week 17 we could be sitting pretty

THAT IS if we take care of business

G-Man67
12-13-2011, 02:28 PM
that would truly make me sick ... let's beat the Skins and put them out of their misery