giantyankee1976
08-24-2012, 11:27 PM
i dunno...

nygmen90
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
only completions he got were very short...he over/underthrew everything else

ny06
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
He plays scared, but he did take a beating in Houston. Those Bernie Kosar throws are not pretty either.

GFiP
08-24-2012, 11:30 PM
He plays scared, but he did take a beating in Houston. Those Bernie Kosar throws are not pretty either.

He def. did play scared tonight. But he still played with scrubs. If he plays like trash with the 1st team then it's a different story.

bELIeve_in_Giants
The 2nd string oline was not good.

Cool Papa B.
The only time to worry about Carr is if Eli is hurt.

giantyankee1976
08-24-2012, 11:31 PM

my thoughts exactly. he's still kind of gun shy and who can blame him?

But yes he was throwing to mostly trashbag receivers so...

B-Red22
08-24-2012, 11:31 PM
since when are we worried about Eli's backup??

giantyankee1976
08-24-2012, 11:32 PM

2nd and 3rd stringers period sucked.

1st Team WON the game, 2nd Team sucked

BuffyBlueII
08-25-2012, 05:28 AM
If we ever have to worry about David Carr srarting then our season over anyway because that means Eli Manning would be out.David Carr still has PTSD from the beatings he took in Texas. I don't know if he will ever recover.

GCGiant
08-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Those 2nd and 3rd stringers could've looked better if Carr wasn't underthrowing so bad. He looked like he was shotputting the ball. I predict that Perriloux will get a very long look next game.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 06:33 AM
There are some excuses that should get a pass cause they are reasons why Carr didn't do so well. he can play with the first unit and do well No biggie. Yet that being scared cause of what happened in Houston is not a good reason. He should be over that since that happened a long time ago.

Medisleman
08-25-2012, 06:39 AM
We don't need Carr, Eli is made of IRON!

mcillo
08-25-2012, 07:14 AM
There are some excuses that should get a pass cause they are reasons why Carr didn't do so well. he can play with the first unit and do well No biggie. Yet that being scared cause of what happened in Houston is not a good reason. He should be over that since that happened a long time ago. Are you watching the same game that I am ? He`s re-living that nightmare everytime he steps on the field. Our 2nd O-line is horrendous and that`s the big story. Petrus sucks at pass blocking, and Brewer isn`t any better as well as the 2nd at left guard. Absolutely horrible line play and no one is seeing it.

stormblue
08-25-2012, 07:21 AM
carr gives me no joy whatsoever.
much rather give perriloux a shot.

unfortunately , i don't think coughlin will agree with me.

Gimaniac
08-25-2012, 07:23 AM
carr gives me no joy whatsoever.
much rather give perriloux a shot.

unfortunately , i don't think coughlin will agree with me.

I agree with you.

That and $5 will get you a breakfast sandwich at Dunkin' Donuts.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 07:29 AM
If Carr ever has to relieve Eli, he'll be playing with the ones who are capable of protecting him. I think he'll be fine.

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 07:31 AM

You are giving them entirley too much credit!

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 08:12 AM
It doesn't really matter who the back up is. If "it" ever happened, we'd be done anyway. There aren't even enough starting QB's to go around, let alone back ups. At least we have one that has alot of game experience.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Are you watching the same game that I am ? He`s re-living that nightmare everytime he steps on the field. Our 2nd O-line is horrendous and that`s the big story. Petrus sucks at pass blocking, and Brewer isn`t any better as well as the 2nd at left guard. Absolutely horrible line play and no one is seeing it.
The thing you need to look at is does he have success throwing the ball? Well he has so he is not that scared. No qb can be scared by how bad O-line is blocking and have success. A lot of qbs should also know their O-line to so he maybe know his is not going to give him protection.

FBomb
08-25-2012, 10:40 AM
If Carr ever has to relieve Eli, he'll be playing with the ones who are capable of protecting him. I think he'll be fine.

I don't know RF.....we had pretty good seats last night and Carr looked pretty bad. ;)

JesseJames
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Carr threw too high or in the dirt and he's been around too long for that kind of play and it makes me wonder how bad can Perriloux be if he can't beat out Carr, right now after last nights performance I wonder how much chance Carr gives us to win if Eli leaves the game for any reason..

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't know RF.....we had pretty good seats last night and Carr looked pretty bad. ;)

Glad you guys were able to enjoy a "mini-honeymoon" and you can repeat the obvious fact that she looks much better in her shirt than you do in yours ...just sayin' :biggrin:

blueomaha
08-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Def not comfortable with Carr...

njg85m
08-25-2012, 11:15 AM
The o-line he had last night was terrible, period.

It was very much a re enactment of Houston, he was running for his life on nearly every snap. Let's put him behind our first team o-line and first team receivers and then judge.

Giantz4Life
08-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Carr has one of the most awkward releases I have ever seen in a QB. Really strange. On that note, I did feel like he was playing scared. That last throw he made into double coverage just had bad news written all over it. He really forced it in there.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Moseley and McCants got completely destroyed last night. As did Selvish Capers. Carr never got in any rhythim because he was running for his life on every other play.

GameTime
08-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Ehhh....If Carr has to have any sgnificant time the O will suffer. I like the guy but I think he plays very tentitive and his vision of the field is no where what it should be....IMO

tonyt830
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
The 2nd string oline was not good.yes, Brewer did not look good out there at T. He got beat bad on the one sack of Carr. Carr will make it over Perriloux as our #2 QB

NYG 5
08-25-2012, 12:36 PM
i don't like the way he throws his receivers into danger

blueomaha
08-25-2012, 12:39 PM
If Carr ever has to relieve Eli, he'll be playing with the ones who are capable of protecting him. I think he'll be fine.I'm hoping this never happens...

ashleymarie
08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Speaking only of last night's game, Carr did not inspire confidence in me. With all of my football knowledge (haha) I could sense bad karma around him. He was not a confident qb. I thought he was going to vomit at any minute. No Offense to Carr or anyone.

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Depalma and Douglas played pretty damn good yesterday. Carr was just flat out awful on his own. I'd feel more comfortable with Periloux as the second string tbh.

bigal1giant
08-25-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not too sure it would have mattered if we had Nicks, Cruz and the rest f the first stringers in the lineup with some of those wounded ducks he was putting up! Lets hope in game four we get to see a little of Perrilloux. I don't think he can be worse than Carr played last night!

Marvelousmik
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
^ I agree 100% with the last 3 posters. Carr is very inaccurate

juice33s
08-25-2012, 02:42 PM
I thought Rosenfels was the better QB last season and he would've made the team over Carr had he not get injured....Rosenfels had a pretty good game for the Vikings the other night (6-6 51 yds 1 td), but as it stands i think he's there 3rd QB. If Sage gets waived I wouldn't mind bringing him back in the fold and letting Carr go.

David Carr just isn't very good. He couldn't beat out a 44 year old Testaverde in Carolina and then in 2010 with virtually all of SF calling for Alex smith's head, the 49ers didn't even give Carr a second look.

Razur
08-25-2012, 04:31 PM
?? He couldn't find 8th stringers??? They were open...he missed 'em all...Carr sucks.

Toadofsteel
08-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm ready for Perrilloux... He seems like a beast with great upside, has nice athletic ability (not to mention a cannon for an arm), and possibly if he continues to improve we could groom him into a future starter way down the line. Eli could provide some nice mentorship for this guy.

JesseJames
08-25-2012, 04:46 PM
anybody know what the problem is with Perriloux, he's been with the team since last year and should know the offense by now. I read that he has a strong arm and he's talented, so whats the problem with him and why can't he beat out Carr who is obviously on the downside of his career

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Being a current LSU student, i can tell you that I'd trust Perriloux to win a game more than David Carr. Carr just doesn't have it.

RagTime Blue
08-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Carr is in the fortunate circumstance that he's been on this team for years and nobody knows how bad he is because Eli has been healthy/tough.

BTW, a little secret: He was playing against the 2's and 3's of the Bears also. Backup pass rush, corners and safeties. We really need a backup who's not afraid to play.

I don't care what he does wearing a red jersey in practice.

Thank you.

derekunion28
08-25-2012, 06:41 PM
no protection last nite after first team

BParcells777
08-25-2012, 07:24 PM
If you are not worried about Carr you must be an Eagles fan..........he gave one of the worst performances by an NFL QB last night I have ever seen

And its not one night....he has been shell shocked all pre-season........its time to give David a one way bus ticket out of town

Perrilloux on the other hand seems to have terrific potential, poise, and a rocket for an arm

tikiandphil
08-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Thank God Carr has experience because he is certainly lacking in the Talent arena. I know that the coaches and FO know more than I could ever dream of but watching Carr throw hurts my shoulder. He is clearly gun shy and throws into the defensive line. I think that RP has not only upside but also enough Talent to give the Giants a better opportunity to win.

FBomb
08-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Glad you guys were able to enjoy a "mini-honeymoon" and you can repeat the obvious fact that she looks much better in her shirt than you do in yours ...just sayin' :biggrin:

She looks great out of it too!!!!

bearbryant
08-26-2012, 01:36 AM
carr did not have his best outing last night. Still have faith in him and I'm glad to have him in back of Eli... Just in case!

stormblue
08-26-2012, 02:36 AM
http://legalusdrugstore.com/23.jpg (http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/entocort.htm) west roxbury pharmacy http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/protonix.htm fit pharmacy online testosterone pharmacy (http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/purim.htm) case studies in pharmacy http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/lisinopril.htm wright state pharmacy neurontin (http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/neurontin.htm) northwest iowa pharmacy association http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/propranolol.htm pharmacy online pain pills marine pharmacy (http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/plan-b.htm) manufacturing pharmacy system http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/apcalis-oral-jelly.htm bigalow pharmacy diflucan (http://www.fda-approved-pharmacy.com/products/diflucan.htm)

so this is what these new boards are all about.
the world has changed beyond repair.

GMan-67
08-26-2012, 03:09 AM
not every team can afford the perfect backup .... Teeeeeebow

oh and a bit off topic, how is Charlie Batch still in the NFL?

Marvelousmik
08-26-2012, 07:35 AM
not every team can afford the perfect backup .... Teeeeeebow

oh and a bit off topic, how is Charlie Batch still in the NFL?

charlie batch > carr