PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts after this game:

TheAnalyst
08-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Our backups are not good.Wilson is a beast.Randle will be better the Manningham.Our oline is still struggling, but looked a little better. Eli is the most important player on this team. He goes down, we may not win a game.Barden, Hill, Ojomo should make the team. Jernigan, Hughes, Brown are about to get cut. I think Douglas makes it over Jernigan, or at least he should. The QB moving his hands is now a false start.The 4th RB spot will be tough decision. Prince is fragile. How did he get hurt on that tackle?Gilbride still has no idea how to execute a screen to work.I'm glad football is kinda back.Go Giants Hopefully Princes injury isn't as bad as we think.

giantyankee1976
08-25-2012, 12:34 AM
OLine surprised me playing against that Bears D Line.

Wilson is ALL BEAST.

Randle should be our 3rd Receiver IMO

Hope Prince bounces back but...

Ojomo's a keeper if he can be coached up

BUT the 2nd string OLine and Backs??? ugly for the most part

(WE need a power Back IMO as well...Bradshaw and D-Will will make a nice 1-2 punch BUT we need a short yardage Haymaker out there)

nygmen90
08-25-2012, 12:35 AM
trade carr for russel wilson haha

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Coughlin says that Prince got hurt the play before that. He tried to play through it on the play where we all thought it happened.

TheShouldersOf
08-25-2012, 12:37 AM
i concur with both Wilson and Randle,

Wilson should co-exist with Bradshaw, and Randle should get plenty of playing time,

if i was the coach at least

TheShouldersOf
08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Also,

has Hixon impressed enough? or just training camp hype thus far?

TheAnalyst
08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Coughlin says that Prince got hurt the play before that. He tried to play through it on the play where we all thought it happened.That doesn't make me feel any better. It's preseason Prince, sit out if something bites you. No need to injure it more.

TheAnalyst
08-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Also,has Hixon impressed enough? or just training camp hype thus far? Hixon showed enough in the past couple of years though. Plus he was still showing no effects of the injury, even with the lack of production. He is a lock if healthy.

Cool Papa B.
08-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Our backups are not good.Wilson is a beast.Randle will be better the Manningham.Our oline is still struggling, but looked a little better. Eli is the most important player on this team. He goes down, we may not win a game.Barden, Hill, Ojomo should make the team. Jernigan, Hughes, Brown are about to get cut. I think Douglas makes it over Jernigan, or at least he should. The QB moving his hands is now a false start.The 4th RB spot will be tough decision. Prince is fragile. How did he get hurt on that tackle?Gilbride still has no idea how to execute a screen to work.I'm glad football is kinda back.Go Giants Hopefully Princes injury isn't as bad as we think.

Agree with everything you said. Especially about Prince. I'm beginning to think he is fragile. How the heck do you get a high ankle sprain on that play?

GMan-67
08-25-2012, 01:18 AM
well Wilson, Randle, Rivers, Osi, Holsey and Barden are backups, so unless you know of some rule change that will increase the rosters to 90 ... i really wouldn't worry about guys that are about to be cut

TheAnalyst
08-25-2012, 01:28 AM
well Wilson, Randle, Rivers, Osi, Holsey and Barden are backups, so unless you know of some rule change that will increase the rosters to 90 ... i really wouldn't worry about guys that are about to be cutOk, ill be more specific. Our backup Oline and secondary is horrible. We are stacked at WR and RB imo. DL is still deep even with injuries. LBs are ok. But Secondary outside of Hill has been awful, and the backup Oline is terrible. All of them.

giantsfan420
08-25-2012, 01:35 AM
i stopped reading after u said our back ups suck. maybe our 3th and 4th stringers, but do you realize who our backups even are? wilson, randle, rivers, hosley, herz, jwill, austin, etc etc etc...we literally have a solid starting unit for most teams made of our 2nd team...absolutely have good depth

GCGiant
08-25-2012, 07:58 AM
I am going to take the optimist view. At the end of the 1st half, I was convinced that the Giants were representing themselves well as champs and were clearly the better team although the Bears didn't suck. Our 1st unit defense is a force to be reckoned with.

It is entirely my opinion that TC and the rest of the staff felt comfortable at half that the team was at least where they needed to be at this point in preseason...and the 2nd half was a time for them to look at players. They have some very difficult cuts coming up, and I am sure they were more concerned with giving these guys on the bubble a legit shot than they were with winning the game. JMO, though.

TheAnalyst
08-25-2012, 09:15 AM
i stopped reading after u said our back ups suck. maybe our 3th and 4th stringers, but do you realize who our backups even are? wilson, randle, rivers, hosley, herz, jwill, austin, etc etc etc...we literally have a solid starting unit for most teams made of our 2nd team...absolutely have good depthYou should of kept reading.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 09:29 AM
That doesn't make me feel any better. It's preseason Prince, sit out if something bites you. No need to injure it more.Most people don't know how to look at what happened to a player after the player gets hurt. Some fans think that players need to take a big hit inorder for them to get hurt. Most of the spectators don't look at the way the player is moving and his body parts. Yet if you look real good, you can see that Prince footing was awkward and that halped caused his injury. I think the Giants need to look at the sneakers.

stormblue
08-25-2012, 09:39 AM
i know that prince is starting to remind of tt and a ross....injury prone...fragile.

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 10:53 AM
First O-line looked a bit better, still possible that Locklear and Diehl switch, which might improve the run blocking even more. Beatty really a durability concern and wondering if he even makes the team.

Wilson, Randle, Douglas, Rivers all impressed
Barden- pre-season flash in the pan (again), or is he finally ready for prime time

Jernigan conspicuously absent

Prince- fragile- what to hell?

First D very impressive.

Punting was excellent

special teams good for the most part

Eli was absolutely stellar- should have been at least 18/21 with the Cruz drop. Don't remember any others

giantyankee1976
08-25-2012, 10:55 AM
1st Team with the immediate back-ups were great !

the lower tier guys, meh

overall our 1st Teams beat that *** of their 1st teams...they were bound to get that TD because they did what you're supposed to. Attack the "new guy" who replaced the injured CB.

then the 2nd half they left their 1's out there against our next-in-lines so the scoring from that point on was trash anyway.

fansince69
08-25-2012, 10:57 AM
First O-line looked a bit better, still possible that Locklear and Diehl switch, which might improve the run blocking even more. Beatty really a durability concern and wondering if he even makes the team.

Wilson, Randle, Douglas, Rivers all impressed
Barden- pre-season flash in the pan (again), or is he finally ready for prime time

Jernigan conspicuously absent

Prince- fragile- what to hell?

First D very impressive.

Punting was excellent

special teams good for the most part

Eli was absolutely stellar- should have been at least 18/21 with the Cruz drop. Don't remember any others
I think this had more to do with whose turn it was in rotation...Jernigan had 2 nice catches last week and Barden was invisible....This is not about winning and losing it is about who the coaches want to look at in different situations....just my opinion as far as why some guys are present some weeks and not others

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Hi all - first post here. That first half against the supposedly improved Bears, as well as last week's demolition of the Jets, demonstrated that this team can absolutely control the game as needed. Not expecting them to run up the score any particular week, and fall flat the next - it should be a steady season. I think the front four defense can cover for much of the secondary issues, although any more injuries will be a major concern. The O-line just has to keep protecting Manning - looks like these backs will find their own lanes. No big back, or proven playmaker tight end make the play calling somewhat limited. They need to work on the screens and pitchouts. Punter looks great - if he can keep pinning the other guys back, it will be miserable for their QB's. Bring on Romo!

JesseJames
08-25-2012, 11:56 AM
we all need to keep praying that we never need Carr to win a game for us, he has lost what ever he had and is now worse than a scrub...

buster55
08-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Why cant we run a screen? I watch alot of games and seems like most teams can execute this play has bothered me for years.

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I think there are some concerns with our depth at DB and OL; especially if Beatty and Brewer can't make it back. DT didn't seem to be a huge issue last night, though I'm curious what they are going to do with the stable that they have Austin, Rodgers, Kuhn.... tough decision that I'm glad we have. What's going on with Ware, he has not been effective in the past two games?

Giantz4Life
08-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Why cant we run a screen? I watch alot of games and seems like most teams can execute this play has bothered me for years.

I remember it worked with Nicks vs KC in his rookie year, but yeah, we usually don't pull those off well. All about blocking.

GameTime
08-25-2012, 12:48 PM
you cant really judge the back ups when they are all in at one time since that will never be the scenario. A back will be on the field with 10 other satrters most if the time. Douglas is nice but I stll think they keep JJ. Their will not be 4 RBs. It will be three....AB, DW, and DS.....
Prince MAY be fragile.....too soon to make the assessment.
I think Carr will be a probelm if he has to play any significant time. The Oline looked better. The run D looked very good tonight.