PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Who gets cut who makes the team?

BROADWAYSTORM
08-24-2012, 11:39 PM
This is all strictly my opinion, nothing personal.

OFFENSE:

Guys most likely getting cut first:

Perrilloux, Martinek, Collins, DePalma, Talley, Donnell, Hopkins, Purvis, Capers, Goodin, Reinders,

Guys on the bubble of getting cut:

Scott, Ware, Brown, Stanback, McCants, Moseley, White,

URFA who should make the team:

Douglas

DEFENSE:

Powell, Wilson, Muasau, Brown, Hughes, Nicolas, L. Scott,

Broha, Jones, Kuhn, Bing, Johnson, Molden,

OJOMO and will Hill

Guys that I can't put my head around which to keep:

Marshall vs Tracy, both are good but we can't keep a million defensive ends and Ojomo seems more talented than both. I personally like Marshall better, more hustle, but when healthy Tracy kind of looked like a pure speed rusher off the edge. Perhaps Marshall beats him because he is a better all around end.

Anyone else I didn't mention I think makes the team. They are not cutting Barden or Jernigan. Douglas just made the team on ST alone aside from the fact he can play on offense and Barden showed a new dimension today. They are just not cutting Jernigan. Coe and Tryon make the team as corners based on veteran reliability, they are adequate dbs.

Practice Squad, assuming any of these players get cut:

Perrilloux, Scott or Brown, DePalma (ST), one of McCants or Moseley or both, Jones, Broha, One of Tracy or Marshall, whoever is eligible. Martinek, Kuhn

titwio
08-24-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't think Ojomo is going to make the team. He's making plays but late in games against 3rd and 4th string defenses. I think he'll get put on the practice squad for sure though...IMO

The Giants have so much talent making the 53 is going to be tough even for the guys who have impressed in camp and preseason.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-24-2012, 11:48 PM
What do you guys think?

Guys making the team:

Special Teams:

Tynes, Weatherford, DeOzzie

Total: 3

Offense:

Manning, Carr, Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware (unfortunately), Hynoski, Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Jernigan, Douglas, Beatty, Diehl, Locklear, Brewer, Snee, Boothe, Petrus, Baas, Cordle, Robinson, Bennett, Pascoe

Total: 25 + one more running back between Brown and Scott

Defense:

Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, JPP, Ojomo, Hendricks, Joseph, Bernard, Canty, Herzlich, Rivers, Blackburn, Paysinger, Williams, Boley, Prince, Webster, T2 , Coe, Hosley, Tryon, Phillips, Rolle, Sash, Hill

total 24 + one out of tracy and marshall, one out of Kuhn and Marcus Thomas, Bruce Johnson

Still a question mark due to injury concerns: Rodgers and T2 and Austin

Boy we are gonna have to lose some really good players all over the roster. Damn.

Some of these guys will be on IR eligible to return later in the year as well as the PUP.

BigBlueAllDay
08-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Kuhn is making the team. He basically played the entire game tonight with the starters and backups.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 12:09 AM
I had Hill, Ojomo and Douglas making the team because you cannot hide their talent on the practice squad. They will probably be inactives all season long although right now I would say Douglas won the punt returning Job and Hill is the third safety. Ojomo definitely still raw but boy does he have all the talent in the universe as a pass rusher.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Kuhn is making the team. He basically played the entire game tonight with the starters and backups.

I think Kuhn can survive the PS plus there is some rule about international players not counting against the PS quota which makes him a lock.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 12:12 AM
BTW it seems we have more talent at LB than we've had since the 80's to go along with a ridiculous D-line.

BigBlueAllDay
08-25-2012, 12:17 AM
For now, the players just need to make a cut down to 75 players. I'm sure a lot of the favorite backup players disccussed on these boards will make that cut. The cut to the 53-man roster isn't until after the final preseason game against the Patriots. That's usually when the picking gets harder. I think Coughlin may put the backups in full-game against the Pats like last preseason and rest the starters or give them one drive. The final preseason game is only 5 days away.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 12:18 AM
I know which is why I made the preliminary list of who is definetaly getting cut in the first wave in my opinion.

juice33s
08-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Some bigger names in danger are Austin, jernigan, Barden, Brewer, Ware, Scott and Brown....

With out taking injuries into account, when its all said and done I see our best 53 as follows:
QB-Eli, Carr
RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
FB- Hynoski
TE- Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
WR- Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Barden, Douglas, Jernigan
OL- Beatty, Boothe, Bass, Snee, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Mosely

DE- Jpp, Tuck, Osi, Tracey
DT- Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Kuhn, Austin
LB- Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi, Rivers, Jwill, Herz, Jones, Paysinger
CB- Webster, TT, Amuk, Hosley, Coe
S- Rolle, Phillips, Hill, Sash

ST-Tynes, Weatherford, Deossie

When you factor in all the injuries to the Dline and secondary (Sash suspension) it makes imo Jernigan and Barden the most vulnerable

dave56dj
08-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Guys - PLEASE STOP with the young draft picks getting cut. It is not Reeses way. I know barden has had a chance but he did have a nice camp and a nice game tonight - he will be back. It would be highly unlikely that jernigan goes either, despite a very limited snap count tonight. The gianst give their picks chances. I think the giants were trying to see what they had in douglas - as a kick returner he was ok - but i think wilson/ scott have that spot come regular season. And i think punt returns go back to hosley.

Ojomo has so much good tape now its gonna be very difficult to get him to the PS. Granted its against the 3's but the guy has 4 sacks.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 02:17 AM
I totally forgot about Austin. Ojomo will not survive the PS he will get picked up. Pass rushers like that are a premium. In fact, all of the pass rushers we cut are getting picked up. Guys like Marshall and Tracy have good tape as well. I don't want Ojomo to play this year unless absolutely necessary, just save him for the future. Plus at Miami he played DT as well so he has that added pass rushing dimension from the inside of the line like Justin Tuck. You will not be able to save Hill either, but let's face it he is our best backup safety in a pretty crummy position. He imo is better than Sash. Although Sash is a SS. As far as Douglas he is a hell of a receiver. I saw college tape and if not for average speed he makes spectacular gravs and is physical. I stash him in the bench as well. Even if Barden makes the team we'll have Barden, Hixon, Nicks and Cruz free agents at the same time. You can't keep all of them so hang on to as many talent at the position as possible.

I would not risk Hosley returning punts with all the injuries at cb. That is really asking for it, especially after turf toe.

titwio
08-25-2012, 03:20 AM
Some bigger names in danger are Austin, jernigan, Barden, Brewer, Ware, Scott and Brown....

With out taking injuries into account, when its all said and done I see our best 53 as follows:
QB-Eli, Carr
RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
FB- Hynoski
OL- Beatty, Boothe, Bass, Bass, Diehl, Locklear, Petrus, Mosely

When you factor in all the injuries to the Dline and secondary (Sash suspension) it makes imo Jernigan and Barden the most vulnerable

I agree with most of your list but you have Baas listed twice (you probably meant Snee) and I think the Giants will definitely keep more than 5 corners...especially when three of the guys on your list are all battling injuries. Johnson imo would probably be the sixth corner.

Paysinger has been great on ST's and his time at LB but with all the talent the Giants have to choose from right now I think they can afford to stash him on the PS without worry of him getting picked up. (I recently changed my mind about him making the team.)

juice33s
08-25-2012, 03:28 AM
I agree with most of your list but you have Baas listed twice (you probably meant Snee) and I think the Giants will definitely keep more than 5 corners...especially when three of the guys on your list are all battling injuries. Johnson imo would probably be the sixth corner.

Paysinger has been great on ST's and his time at LB but with all the talent the Giants have to choose from right now I think they can afford to stash him on the PS without worry of him getting picked up. (I recently changed my mind about him making the team.)
Oh my bad, I meant to write snee in one of those.

As for the injuries at corner, that means an undeserving guy like Johnson will have to make the final 53 over a a superior player. Although I could see the Giants going in to the season with just 3 safeties (rolle, Phillips, Hill) giving them some flexibility while sash serves his suspension..

wgsgiants
08-25-2012, 05:03 AM
I like you final 53 but I think Andre Brown makes this team. And how can you cut Da'rel Scott after his performance last night? Ojomo is a beast and you cannot hide him on the practice squad. And where are Justin Tryon and Steve Brown? Both are special teams ace that I doubt we will cut.

QB-Eli, Carr
RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
FB- Hynoski

juice33s
08-25-2012, 05:06 AM
I like you final 53 but I think Andre Brown makes this team. And how can you cut Da'rel Scott after his performance last night? Ojomo is a beast and you cannot hide him on the practice squad. And where are Justin Tryon and Steve Brown? Both are special teams ace that I doubt we will cut.

QB-Eli, Carr
RB- Ab, Wilson, Ware
FB- Hynoski

Okay, so who are you cutting to keep Brown, Scott, Tryon and S. Brown?

fansince69
08-25-2012, 06:30 AM

Paysinger had quite a bit of active time last year.....I seriously doubt he is eligible for PS.

BlueSanta
08-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Ojomo has looked good, but I do not see him making the team over Kuhn. Kuhn was a stud tonight. The guys on Wfan were raving about him and commenting on how many times it seems like they are calling his name. Kuhn also has going for him the fact that he plays a position at which that we have more question marks due to all the injuries.

nycsportzfan
08-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Ojomo has looked good, but I do not see him making the team over Kuhn. Kuhn was a stud tonight. The guys on Wfan were raving about him and commenting on how many times it seems like they are calling his name. Kuhn also has going for him the fact that he plays a position at which that we have more question marks due to all the injuries. I agree about Kuhn.. Was kinda tough on GIants for this pick in Draft thread, but Reese found something here.. Dude is a straight beast.. I'd be utterly shocked if he didn't make the team, being such a important positon and us having a few injuries there so depth is needed.. Kuhn for sure makes this team.. In fact, i gurantee it..

nycsportzfan
08-25-2012, 07:17 AM
As good as David Douglas has been, i don't think he makes final roster..

ozzie0075
08-25-2012, 07:30 AM
I think Kuhn can survive the PS plus there is some rule about international players not counting against the PS quota which makes him a lock.

If you have watched Kuhn play he won't make it to the practice squad so one will pick him up. He makes the 53. And I don't see the giants keeping 7 WR

bigjeep
08-25-2012, 07:37 AM
I would say your 85% to 90% right! Barden played himself back on the team for sure.

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 07:39 AM
If you have watched Kuhn play he won't make it to the practice squad so one will pick him up. He makes the 53. And I don't see the giants keeping 7 WR

Have to agree I don't think Kuhn would last long on the practice squad, someone will snatch him up quickly.

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
We're in the unfortunate position of having to expose some of these rookies to waivers before resigning them to the practice squad. The only way around that is to cut some marginal veterans. That lets you keep more rookies on the roster, and opens up practice squad spots for even more developmental players. It's not going to be easy; but they've got to think hard about a lot of veterans. There are some I think are on the chopping block that others might not:

Hixon, Jernigan & Barden- Allows you to keep and protect Douglas, I think you might see two of these guys cut

Pascoe- Go with two TE and keep Hopkins available on the practice squad

Beatty- Lets you keep both of the rookie tackles in some capacity

Not easy choices; but you've got to have players to replace future losses. They need to be developed somewhere.

sodbuster
08-25-2012, 10:27 AM
it dosent matter who goes on the practice squad..any team can clam any of them from your ps at any time as long as they are signed to the 53 man roster.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Unfortunately if your theory is correct than it is going to be hard to let go of some veterans. There are guys like Coe and Tryon who need to make the team because our cb situation is in chaos right now. Blackburn will probably make the team even though I don't think he should. Herz is still green so we need Blackburn. I don't like Greg Jones but I doubt they will keep him anyway. As far as the tackles they are not giving up on Beatty because he was a second round draft pick and has never played awful, he's actually been a grade A pass blocker and you don't give up on players like that, especially after you cut the other 2nd rounder on that draft that so far has only produced Hakeem Nicks. Barden I was sure was gonna get cut and now he seems to have gotten it together. He is just such a good matchup problem when he wants to play. The big guys take longer to develop in any sport. And Austin is a guy who I'm on the bubble with. Plus Jernigan, for the last time. He is the safest player on the roster. He was a third round pick who is healthy and a pure slot receiver with return ability in his second season after a rookie season with no offseason. He is right on schedule and is not getting playing time because of all the wr talent on the roster they are evaluating over him because they are not cutting him. They were basically evaluating Douglas, Stanback and Barden and I think both Douglas and Barden saved themselves.

nygmen90
08-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately if your theory is correct than it is going to be hard to let go of some veterans. There are guys like Coe and Tryon who need to make the team because our cb situation is in chaos right now. Blackburn will probably make the team even though I don't think he should. Herz is still green so we need Blackburn. I don't like Greg Jones but I doubt they will keep him anyway. As far as the tackles they are not giving up on Beatty because he was a second round draft pick and has never played awful, he's actually been a grade A pass blocker and you don't give up on players like that, especially after you cut the other 2nd rounder on that draft that so far has only produced Hakeem Nicks. Barden I was sure was gonna get cut and now he seems to have gotten it together. He is just such a good matchup problem when he wants to play. The big guys take longer to develop in any sport. And Austin is a guy who I'm on the bubble with. Plus Jernigan, for the last time. He is the safest player on the roster. He was a third round pick who is healthy and a pure slot receiver with return ability in his second season after a rookie season with no offseason. He is right on schedule and is not getting playing time because of all the wr talent on the roster they are evaluating over him because they are not cutting him. They were basically evaluating Douglas, Stanback and Barden and I think both Douglas and Barden saved themselves.
you dont like blackburn?

BROADWAYSTORM
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I do but in the subject of protecting talent over veteran leadership he is part of that older slower veteran leadership which is needed. Which was my point.

sodbuster
08-25-2012, 01:15 PM
as for teams takeing players from another team practice aquad .that is how we got derick ward from the jets practice squad..

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 01:19 PM
My opening day roster:

QB: Manning, Perrilloux
FB: Hynoski
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Martinek, Scott
WR:Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Douglas, DePalma
TE: Pascoe, Bennett, Robinson

the offensive line as a whole is just depressing but:
LT: Locklear, Beatty
LG: Boothe, Mosley
C: Baas
RG: Snee, Petrus
RT: Diehl, Brewer

LE: Tuck, Ojomo
RE: JPP, Osi,
DT: Canty, Joseph, Austin, Hendricks, Bernard, Kuhn
MLB: Blackburn, Herzlich
WLB:Boley, Williams
SLB: Rivers, with Kiwi as situational
CB: Webster, Thomas, Prince, Hosley, Tryon, Coe
SS: KP, Sash
FS: Rolle, and hopefully Grant comes back.

LS: DeOsi
K: Tynes
P: Weatherford

PUP:
Rogers

Toadofsteel
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
^I think you meant Herzlich after Blackburn, not Muasau...

giants8493
08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
My opening day roster:

FB: Hynoski
RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Martinek, Scott
WR:Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Hixon, Douglas, DePalma
TE: Pascoe, Bennett, Robinson

the offensive line as a whole is just depressing but:
LT: Locklear, Beatty
LG: Boothe, Mosley
C: Baas
RG: Snee, Petrus
RT: Diehl, Brewer

LE: Tuck, Ojomo
RE: JPP, Osi,
DT: Canty, Joseph, Austin, Hendricks, Bernard, Kuhn
MLB: Blackburn, Muasau
WLB:Boley, Williams
SLB: Rivers, with Kiwi as situational
CB: Webster, Thomas, Prince, Hosley, Tryon, Coe
SS: KP, Sash
FS: Rolle, and hopefully Grant comes back.

LS: DeOsi
K: Tynes
P: Weatherford

PUP:
RogersMartinek over Ware? really? I disagree so much with this. no Tracy or herz ... Wait do you have Kiwi as a backup?

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Martinek over Ware? really? I disagree so much with this. no Tracy or herz ... Wait do you have Kiwi as a backup?

I meant to have Herz instead of Mussau. Had a bit of a brain fart on that one. It's between Tracy and Ojomo for me right now. I think Tracy would be a very good 3-4 OLB. If we ran a 3-4 he'd be an automatic in and possible starter. Ware sucks. Last year when ran the ball it was always a 2 yard loss except when it was a 2 pt conversion. In that regard he's a 2 pt specialist. Martinek is the best power back we have and has shown some good stuff catching out of the backfield. Kiwi is not a backup. He's a run stopper and not so great in coverage. He'd basically split snaps evenly with Rivers. That's my assessment and most likely not the assessment of others so it's cool that people disagree. I don't really care.

NYStateofMind
08-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Looks like everyone is forgetting that Marcus Thomas has been signed, and from the sound of Coughlin talking about him the other day, I fully expect him to make the final roster. Below is my prediction for the final 53-man roster. Keep in mind I have included two ties (denoted by ["Players' Names"]). These two competitions, to me, are yet to be resolved and will have to wait until the next preseason game to resolve themselves, in which case I will come and edit my prediction. That being said, here's my current Giants 2012 53-man roster prediction:

Offense (25)
QB (2): Eli Manning, David Carr
RB (4): Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, D.J. Ware, Da’Rel Scott
FB (1): Henry Hynoski
WR (6): Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Domenik Hixon, Ramses Barden, [Jerrel Jernigan/David Douglas]
TE (3): Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson
OL (9): David Diehl, Chris Snee, Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe, David Baas, Sean Locklear, Mitch Petrus, James Brewer, Brandon Mosley

Defense (25)
DL (9): Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora, Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Marcus Thomas, Marvin Austin, [Adrian Tracy/Adewale Ojomo]
LB (7): Mathias Kiwanuka, Chase Blackburn, Michael Boley Keith Rivers, Mark Herzlich, Jacquian Williams, Greg Jones
CB (5): Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Justin Tryon, Jayron Hosley
S (4): Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, Tyler Sash, Will Hill

Specialists (3)
P (1): Steve Weatherford
K (1): Lawrence Tynes
LS (1): Zak DeOssie

giants8493
08-25-2012, 01:56 PM
I meant to have Herz instead of Mussau. Had a bit of a brain fart on that one. It's between Tracy and Ojomo for me right now. I think Tracy would be a very good 3-4 OLB. If we ran a 3-4 he'd be an automatic in and possible starter. Ware sucks. Last year when ran the ball it was always a 2 yard loss except when it was a 2 pt conversion. In that regard he's a 2 pt specialist. Martinek is the best power back we have and has shown some good stuff catching out of the backfield. Kiwi is not a backup. He's a run stopper and not so great in coverage. He'd basically split snaps evenly with Rivers. That's my assessment and most likely not the assessment of others so it's cool that people disagree. I don't really care. Its just the way you had it I thought you meant Kiwi would only be a situational pass rusher.
and If Martinek makes this team over Ware I will eat a shoe.

Bones911
08-25-2012, 02:55 PM
This years 53 man roster is probably the hardest to decide in years. Guys I think who are green that I think played enough to get on the active roster ( not saying they will) are: Douglas, Ojomo, Kuhn, and Marshall.

There are some guys I really don't think should make the roster IMO are: Ware, has really shown me nothing except he is a good blocker for Eli, Brown ( I just haven't been sold on him yet. there's something there but I'm not 100% convinced), Barden probably played his way onto the Roster last night but I need another showing in game 4. One good game does not make you a play maker.I want consistency! Jernigan I need something more from him on both Special teams and offensive play. I want to see more moves like he did in college showing us he can make big plays ( I doubt the Giants have given up on him yet), Austin is good on the field but he needs to get on the field. Your only good to me when your playing and not from a hospital bed taking up a roster spot. I don't care if your a second round pick. Suck it up and get on the field and show me something.

LBB
08-25-2012, 03:07 PM
My opening day roster:

Would love to see Perri over Carr. Hope he gets a good amount of run against the Pats.

No way Tyler Sash is on the active to start the season.

titwio
08-25-2012, 07:34 PM
CB (5): Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Terrell Thomas, Justin Tryon, Jayron Hosley

I see Coe definitely making it over Tryon. IMO Tryon doesn't make the team...he's been pretty bad in coverage and is nothing more at this point than a good ST'r. I also think they carry six corners and the last preseason game will probably determine who. I think they stick with Johnson.

The rest of your list looks pretty good to me.

NYStateofMind
08-25-2012, 08:22 PM
I see Coe definitely making it over Tryon. IMO Tryon doesn't make the team...he's been pretty bad in coverage and is nothing more at this point than a good ST'r. I also think they carry six corners and the last preseason game will probably determine who. I think they stick with Johnson.

The rest of your list looks pretty good to me.

All fair points. Thanks for the input. After Coe's performance last night, I could see that happening. I've just always sensed that Giants' coaches were excited about Tryon's potential and Coe has had his chances with NYG and proven to be inconsistent. Definitely agree that they might wind up taking six (anyone think Bruce Johnson is still a possibility?), but it would be so damned tough to cut one from another position. This is a very talented roster top-to-bottom.

Edit: Also, after news of Marvin Austin's setback, I could finally see him potentially getting cut. I think it would be hard for management to give up on him like that, though. And it's tough to say that they might cut a guy like him with the amount of depth we're gonna need at DT. It's going to be very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

jomo
08-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Let me just say that we are still in need of an OT or two. Even if you convince me that Locklear and Diehl are adequate our depth is scary and Beatty may not play again this year.

ozzie0075
08-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Looks like everyone is forgetting that Marcus Thomas has been signed, and from the sound of Coughlin talking about him the other day, I fully expect him to make the final roster. Below is my prediction for the final 53-man roster. Keep in mind I have included two ties (denoted by ["Players' Names"]). These two competitions, to me, are yet to be resolved and will have to wait until the next preseason game to resolve themselves, in which case I will come and edit my prediction. That being said, here's my current Giants 2012 53-man roster prediction:

Offense (25)
QB (2): Eli Manning, David Carr
RB (4): Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, D.J. Ware, Da’Rel Scott
FB (1): Henry Hynoski
WR (6): Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Domenik Hixon, Ramses Barden, [Jerrel Jernigan/David Douglas]
TE (3): Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson
OL (9): David Diehl, Chris Snee, Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe, David Baas, Sean Locklear, Mitch Petrus, James Brewer, Brandon Mosley

Defense (25)
DL (9): Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, Osi Umenyiora, Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, Rocky Bernard, Marcus Thomas, Marvin Austin, [Adrian Tracy/Adewale Ojomo]
LB (7): Mathias Kiwanuka, Chase Blackburn, Michael Boley Keith Rivers, Mark Herzlich, Jacquian Williams, Greg Jones
S (4): Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, Tyler Sash, Will Hill

Specialists (3)
P (1): Steve Weatherford
K (1): Lawrence Tynes
LS (1): Zak DeOssie

I think is right on with one exception I think Kuhn makes it over Thomas. The coaches seem very impressed with him and he was the first DT off the bench in last night game and play a lot with the first team.

giants8493
08-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Let me just say that we are still in need of an OT or two. Even if you convince me that Locklear and Diehl are adequate our depth is scary and Beatty may not play again this year.I thought Beatty was going to resume individual drills soon?

Roswell777
08-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Cannot see a scenario where Ojomo gets cut. Will Hill has shown me more than Sash. Douglas can play. I hope D. Scott makes the team because if they give him a chance he can take a screen pass 80 yards. I like Broha and Marshall as a practice squad guys. And hopefully Kuhn sticks

If the corners get healthy, this team is loaded everywhere except OT. Not a good place to be thin in the NFC East. But every team has a glaring weakness somewhere.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-26-2012, 09:03 PM
I agree that Hill is better than Sash.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-27-2012, 12:38 PM
This is all strictly my opinion, nothing personal.

OFFENSE:

Perrilloux, Martinek, Collins, DePalma, Talley, Donnell, Hopkins, Purvis, Capers, Goodin, Reinders,

Scott, Ware, Brown, Stanback, McCants, Moseley (IR), White,

Douglas

DEFENSE:

Powell, Wilson, Muasau, Brown, Hughes, Nicolas, L. Scott,

Broha, Jones, Kuhn, Bing, Johnson, Molden,

OJOMO and will Hill

Guys that I can't put my head around which to keep:

Marshall vs Tracy, both are good but we can't keep a million defensive ends and Ojomo seems more talented than both. I personally like Marshall better, more hustle, but when healthy Tracy kind of looked like a pure speed rusher off the edge. Perhaps Marshall beats him because he is a better all around end.

Anyone else I didn't mention I think makes the team. They are not cutting Barden or Jernigan. Douglas just made the team on ST alone aside from the fact he can play on offense and Barden showed a new dimension today. They are just not cutting Jernigan. Coe and Tryon make the team as corners based on veteran reliability, they are adequate dbs.

Practice Squad, assuming any of these players get cut:

Perrilloux, Scott or Brown, DePalma (ST), one of McCants or Moseley or both, Jones, Broha, One of Tracy or Marshall, whoever is eligible. Martinek, Kuhn

I was right on a lot of them