PDA

View Full Version : David Douglas is SAFE

wgsgiants
08-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I think David Douglas is safe. He is returning punts and kicks. He plays on all the special teams. He has had a great camp. I think we will keep seven wide receivers and he will make it.......................

titwio
08-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Yep I don't see how he doesn't make the team. There's literally no way they can stash him on the PS. He'll get snatched up in a second...I can almost guarantee it.

They're going to keep him.

ny06
08-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Good hands, and plays a decent special teams. He's making the team.

BROADWAYSTORM
08-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Him, Ojomo and Hill have too much playmaking ability and talent not to make it.

TheAnalyst
08-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Douglas > Jernigan

miked1958
08-24-2012, 11:53 PM
So you think they give up on JJ to keep Douglas? Barden through a 6'5 size Monkey Wrench in the ring tonight with his play. I now think we keep him. unless they keep 7?

So you got Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, RR, Barden, Douglas/JJCuts Tally, Collins and maybe DePalma makes PS.

And what do you do with Stanback? He has shows some serious talent. No way they retain 8 and as you said they can't hide Douglas so is JJ cut?

GMan-67
08-24-2012, 11:55 PM
well he is safe for the 1st round of cuts, but yeah he really did a nice job tonight ... need a guy like that

giantsfan420
08-25-2012, 01:09 AM
ps guy at best imo for this situation

Axels17
08-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Before tonight I would have said Barden cut over Jernigan, but I seriously doubt that now... I really like jernigan too, but Barden may have just screwed him lol

dave56dj
08-25-2012, 01:28 AM
I do not think he makes it ahead of jernigan and barden, so my guess is only if they are willing to keep an extra wr. I think punt return duty will be hosley's when healthy and wilson will take kicks after ab takes top spot to start the year with a backup of scott (if he makes the team) Not a bad showing tonight by david douglas - but certainly still on the bubble. He has put together some nice tape as has Ojomo.

No dount hill is safe - he was playing the rover tonight with the ones.

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Douglas has the dubious distinction of being the only WR on the bubble eligible for the practice squad, you do the math.

Trueblue4life
08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Yay I can finally post on here. Living in Tucson, I got to see a lot of Douglas and I think he has to be taken over Jernigan. He is not the fastest WR but has sneaky speed sometimes. He also played in the Pac-12 where everyone is fast unlike Jernigan who played at Troy. He would have had better numbers but Foles was in love with Juron Criner and Arizona ran an air raid offense with a lot of 5 WR sets taking catches away from him.

nygmen90
08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
I do not think he makes it ahead of jernigan and barden, so my guess is only if they are willing to keep an extra wr. I think punt return duty will be hosley's when healthy and wilson will take kicks after ab takes top spot to start the year with a backup of scott (if he makes the team) Not a bad showing tonight by david douglas - but certainly still on the bubble. He has put together some nice tape as has Ojomo.

No dount hill is safe - he was playing the rover tonight with the ones.
what did jernigan do better than douglas?

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think they can keep 7 WRs with all the injuries in the defensive backfield. They will need to keep extra CBs on the roster while they wait for Prince and T2 to get better. Plus DT is a similar issue. Unfortunately I think there are two spots with Barden, JJ, and Douglas fighting for them.

Trueblue4life
08-25-2012, 11:28 AM
what did jernigan do better than douglas?

He muffed a punt pretty good

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Douglas has the dubious distinction of being the only WR on the bubble eligible for the practice squad, you do the math.

an excellent point, think that is where he and Ojomo will end up, sad for a couple of tallented kids!

tonyt830
08-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I guess its a good problem to have at the WR position. Douglas looked pretty solid last night. Before the game I though Barden would be the odd man out. I figured the Giants would give him till final cuts to prove himself. I actually thought Stanback would be the final WR on our final 53. But Douglas showed that he is worthy as of now. And like others said, Barden is not going to lay down. So this will be an interesting week coming up. I like that Stanback and Douglas can contribute to ST, unlike Barden.

But in the end, I think the Giants may only carry 6 WR--Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Randle, Jernigan, and the final spot will come down to Barden, Douglas, and Stanback. I want to see more of Jernigan before i say he is a lock. I think Talley and DePalma are cut and one or both make the PS.

dave56dj
08-25-2012, 05:32 PM
its not always about what jernigan did better - but here are some ideas - he is ahead of douglas on the depth chart - he plays with the ones and two and not the threes - you could say its cause he is a second rounder but you could also point out he has practiced better and deserves the higher ranking. Jerry reese hardly ever gives up on draft picks (especially those in the higher rounds - hell it took some severe injuries to get cruz on the field - remember they tried hixon and the unsigned fa stokely ahead of him.) Douglas hasn't exactly done all that much in games either. In fact he has maybe two catches. His kick returns were not special and his punt returns were flawless but not much on return (except for one where it was called back due to multiple holds). but I still think hosley gets the job. Again I think douglas is a good player but i do not think jernigan gets cut - sorry Reese's way. also players get featured at different times in the preseason - wilson got time with the ones this week but was with 4s earlier. Also Jernigan has played with ones and then 2's. I think douglas got featured on specials last night - that doesnt always mean he is gonna be there in reg season.