PDA

View Full Version : Brradshaw has to be a little "oh **** I better be on my game" after Wilson tore it up

NYG4lifeNYK
08-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Wilson will be starting mid season. This kid is an absolute gem.

Love Bradshaw but he's a dud compared to Wilson. They make a nice compliment but Wilson gives us what we thought we were getting with Bradshaw..... that SPEED.

Remember that Buffalo game? Bradshaw flashed unreal speed and we never saw it from then on out.

Wilson shows it every single time he touches the ball.

I haven't been THIS excited about our offense since Steve Smith was here.

Expect Eli's yardage to go down a little but his TD's to go up.

BlueSanta
08-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Everyone , including Ab knows Wilson will take his spot eventually. But until DW can protect Eli the way Bradshaw does, Ahmad will be the starter.

GCGiant
08-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Wilson=fresh legs

Bradshaw=NFL worn legs

You have to remember that at one time Bradshaw was very close to what Wilson is now. I know AB was playing hurt last year.

The test is...how long can you do that (what Wilson did last night) in the NFL?

stormblue
08-25-2012, 08:10 AM
that is the same for any nfl player....longevity , durability , injuries .....
why are you singling out Wilson....that statement applies to every nfl player.
and in all fairness...AB is always injured.

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 09:16 AM

Love Bradshaw but he's a dud compared to Wilson. They make a nice compliment but Wilson gives us what we thought we were getting with Bradshaw..... that SPEED.

Remember that Buffalo game? Bradshaw flashed unreal speed and we never saw it from then on out.

Steve Smith got you that excited?? Do you see the receivers we have now?

Even when they think DW can block they will still use both consistently.

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Wilson=fresh legs

Bradshaw=NFL worn legs

You have to remember that at one time Bradshaw was very close to what Wilson is now. I know AB was playing hurt last year.

The test is...how long can you do that (what Wilson did last night) in the NFL?Preseason can be tricky cause the coach can tell his players don't over do it.

miked1958
08-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Preseason can be tricky cause the coach can tell his players don't over do it.he did it early an often against the Bears first team defense

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 10:03 AM
With an Oline as bad as the Giants a RB with more physical skill like Wilson might be a better option.His college tape is filled with freelancing with little regard to how plays develop.Since with this line the hole wont be there anyway its probably a good thing

Dline83
08-25-2012, 10:05 AM

He was flashing some real speed, I was also excited about how smooth he looked catching the ball out of the backfield.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
08-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Wilson flashed some great speed and play making ability. However the o-line gave him some great blocking out there. Let's not be so quick to kick AB to the curb, dude is a warrior who has been playing on ankles of glass for years...not to mention his pass blocking skills are pretty good.

NorwoodBlue
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
AB should benefit from Wilson, there are plenty of snaps for both.

B&RWarrior
08-25-2012, 11:14 AM

AB dud??? Slowdown cowboy. AB is a weigh above average back. Even if Wilson turns out to be better we can't just trash what he gave us as a Giant. He's been a crucial part of 2 SBs.

We run a 2 back system so they will both see a lot of carries. If the blocking is bad neither one will have much success. Wilson will do exactly what AB did last year, making 3 and 4 guys miss to get one or two yards.

Giantslb66
08-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't think anyone is kicking AB to the curb, that being said, I don't think people would mind DW getting more carries than AB.

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Obviously DW can run. But was he asked to perform any blocking assignments last night? I was trying to watch for it but they never showed him making any blocks.

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 12:28 PM
I don't look at it like that at all, I think it will be a magnificent one, two punch that will be difficult for teams to handle. The thing that I really like about this kid is his ability to catch out of the backfield, Tiki-esk, once wilson puts things together he will be a huge weapon.

JSpin
08-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Wilson=fresh legs

Bradshaw=NFL worn legs

The test is...how long can you do that (what Wilson did last night) in the NFL?

Bradshaw was never close to what Wilson is now. Bradshaw was a 7th round pick with 4.55 speed. David Wilson is a 1st round draft pick with 4.40 speed and 1700 rushing yards in his final year of college. He could very well be the most productive runningback out of this draft class especially with TRich's knee problems.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 02:13 PM
I think Wilson is going to be THE MAN at some point. But twice now, at least, he's run the wrong play. That will resolve itselg with more head in the playbook time, but until then he just needs to keep improving his game.

jomo
08-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Bradshaw was never close to what Wilson is now. Bradshaw was a 7th round pick with 4.55 speed. David Wilson is a 1st round draft pick with 4.40 speed and 1700 rushing yards in his final year of college. He could very well be the most productive runningback out of this draft class especially with TRich's knee problems.I prefer to view this as a "we" issue. Bradshaw and Jacobs showed how that could work for Big Blue. Who starts and who finishes doesn't have to be important, it is an artificial issue that only surfaces if you've got selfish players. We already know that Bradshaw is a team guy and I would expect the same from Wilson. We need (at least) 2 backs anyway and they both need to be productive. I like our tandem, don't you?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm not bashing Bradshaw at all, I love the little guy lol. I'm merely drooling and salivating over the talent Wilson possesses http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex023.gif

Steve Smith got you that excited?? Do you see the receivers we have now?

Even when they think DW can block they will still use both consistently.

Steve Smith when healthy was a PHENOM. The year after Steve set the Giants record for receptions and we had Nicks, Rio..... I was so damn excited about the potential we had and then he got hurt :(

The potential of this offense is unreal... Jerry Reese is THE single GREATEST GM in the NFL, bar none.

jomo
08-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm not bashing Bradshaw at all, I love the little guy lol. I'm merely drooling and salivating over the talent Wilson possesses http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex023.gif

Steve Smith when healthy was a PHENOM. The year after Steve set the Giants record for receptions and we had Nicks, Rio..... I was so damn excited about the potential we had and then he got hurt :(

The potential of this offense is unreal... Jerry Reese is THE single GREATEST GM in the NFL, bar none.Don't forget the acquisition of Bennett at TE which is clearly an upgrade for both blocking and receiving. It is getting very exciting.........would still like an upgrade from heaven on our OL.

giants8493
08-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Wilson's balance impressed me the most. Quite a few times I thought he would fall over, but he managed to keep his balance and continue to run.
You need to wrap him up or else he won't go down.

giantsfan420
08-25-2012, 03:09 PM
wilson reminds me of gayle sayers in the way he runs and attacks the open field. this guy is gonna be special. passes to him in the flats is gonna be a yardage eater

appodictic
08-25-2012, 11:17 PM
I could see Wilson being a starter for the team in two or three years. He did some great running, but he actually had very nice running lanes to make it happen. As we have learned year after year no team is a single back team. Being a giants running back is punishing. Not only because you have to run the ball and for the past few years not with great blocking, but you also have to block so its not like on third down you just get to run a decoy route but you have stand in and take on linebackers and other pass rushers.

If you remember bradshaw game into the league at about 196, but he has put on about 10-15 lbds of muscle mass probably because the giants asked him to build himself up that way. I am sure your going to see the same progression from wilson. for a couple years he will be a change of pace guy then they are going to ask him to put on weight and be a bruiser.

Wilson looks good but and will multiple skilled runners we can help keep everyone fresh for a late season run.

I dont think Bradshaw is worn down just like I did not think jacobs was worn down. If the line opens holes, big surprise people look good running the football. But he did make some nice extra yardage plays that showed his special skills.

OX1
08-26-2012, 03:32 AM
With an Oline as bad as the Giants a RB with more physical skill like Wilson might be a better option.His college tape is filled with freelancing with little regard to how plays develop.Since with this line the hole wont be there anyway its probably a good thing

I was shocked that their actually seemed to be some decent run blocking on 2 of wilsons runs.
Don't get me wrong wilsons speed made the play, but at least some blocking was there. And that
is all I think Wilson will need, is moderate blocking and he will be gone.

GMan-67
08-26-2012, 03:56 AM
competition is good and Bradshaw has always played like a guy who is a 7th round pick and has no job security at all

ShakeandBake
08-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Bradshaw is a dud huh? I wouldn't expect anything else from the OP, Mitt Romney and John Kerry could learn a thing or two about flip flopping from him(OP).

Hooligans
08-26-2012, 04:02 PM

The job is already Wilson's......he was a first round pick. The only real question is when.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Bradshaw is a dud huh? I wouldn't expect anything else from the OP, Mitt Romney and John Kerry could learn a thing or two about flip flopping from him(OP).

Flip flopping? What exactly have I flip flopped on?

You joined a month ago and you're already insinuating and talking out of your ***?

You know as the saying goes "When you assume, you make an *** out of yourself."

derekunion28
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
i like a 3 back system because of the way our guys run .... rbs will get hurt helps to have multile guys playing and rotating in like the ends....bring back the 3 headed monster ward jacobs bradshaw

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't forget the acquisition of Bennett at TE which is clearly an upgrade for both blocking and receiving. It is getting very exciting.........would still like an upgrade from heaven on our OL.

I love that black unicorn!

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Flip flopping? What exactly have I flip flopped on?

You joined a month ago and you're already insinuating and talking out of your ***?

You know as the saying goes "When you assume, you make an *** out of yourself."

its "when u assume u make an *** out of u and me" fyi

seawolf47
08-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I was shocked that their actually seemed to be some decent run blocking on 2 of wilsons runs.
Don't get me wrong wilsons speed made the play, but at least some blocking was there. And that
is all I think Wilson will need, is moderate blocking and he will be gone.

There was solid blocking on each of his runs, line looked very good at times and Bear and Henry did a nice job in open space, so did Booth. Could be a nice tandom this season.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-26-2012, 05:05 PM
its "when u assume u make an *** out of u and me" fyi

I've heard both haha