PDA

View Full Version : Hixon run play?

dan1552
08-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Did anyone notice the hixon run-play last night.. pretty unproductive. Hope to not see it again.

YATittle1962
08-25-2012, 11:06 AM
why?

it was an end around play that got blown up by Julius Peppers......

sometimes plays get blown up .... sometimes they don't

every team in the league has an end around in their arsenal

did you see how well it worked for the Bears?

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Giants definitely not known for any gimmicks, yet last season the passing yardage (after the catch) was suprisingly high. They do need to occasionally throw in things to keep other teams honest - although I would cringe at any Wildcat B.S.. Was that play pre-scripted, or called last second? Big difference on whether it can be actually productive...

Captain Chaos
08-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Manningham used to run those occasionally and most of the time they would get blown up....

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 11:19 AM
why?

It can work when you have Devin Hester.

YATittle1962
08-25-2012, 11:22 AM

when blocked well it can work with just about anyone

fansince69
08-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Was thinking the same thing....but the way Peppers played it even Hester wouldn't have gone far....Hixon had nowhere to run except into the end zone

dan1552
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
why?

appreciate the response YA. I just dont want Hixon hurt on A gimic . I have been waiting quite a while to get a productive season outta him.

YATittle1962
08-25-2012, 12:32 PM
appreciate the response YA. I just dont want Hixon hurt on A gimic . I have been waiting quite a while to get a productive season outta him.

totally agree

but you can't treat a player with kid gloves ....this game is 1/2 mental ....I'm sure he is thinking about his knee.....and if he gets the idea that the coaching staff is thinking too hard about his knee that takes a toll on how you approach the game

you cannot play football that way

he is using this preseason to show that he can once again return to football and be affective

they cannot think the way fans do.....all or nothing

dan1552
08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I get that in order to evaluate and asses him realistically they want to turn the screws .. good perspective. I just know this guy has what it takes and really want to see it in a post season in our near future.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 01:05 PM
when blocked well it can work with just about anyone

I'd like to see it again around game 6 when the Oline is in synch

Marvelousmik
08-25-2012, 01:51 PM
appreciate the response YA. I just dont want Hixon hurt on A gimic . I have been waiting quite a while to get a productive season outta him. In terms of getting hurt, what difference does it make if hixon catches a pass over the middle or runs and end around?

Redeyejedi
08-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Did anyone notice the hixon run-play last night.. pretty unproductive. Hope to not see it again.not a bad play but the timing and situation was crap

juice33s
08-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Not much Hixon could've done about Boothe being late pulling to take out peppers.