PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw/Wilson

Bones911
08-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Based upon what you saw last night. How would you split the carries between Bradshaw and Wilson

50/50
60/40
70/30

Or situational

myles2424
08-25-2012, 03:40 PM
50-50....Perfect 1-2 punch....Lets not forget, when healthy, Bradshaw is a beast!
Bradshaw is nothing but heart, exactly the kind of guy you want on this team...

tru4blu88
08-25-2012, 03:40 PM
70/30.. Let Wilson get his feet wet and ease into the system.. He's going to be great, but the giants are going to be smart about how they use him his rookie season..

NYG4lifeNYK
08-25-2012, 03:43 PM
At first 60/40 Bradshaw... week 5-6 50/50... week 8 Wilson should be starting and getting 60/40

Just way too supremely talented to be behind Bradshaw

giantsfan420
08-25-2012, 04:12 PM
ppl are forgetting how quick bradshaw has looked himself. if anything, wilson is gonna push bradshaw to play his best. bshaw knows first hand how good wilsons gonna be and bshaw strikes me as a very prideful guy...our run game is gonna be good this year. both backs create their own lanes...

juice33s
08-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Talent wise I'd say they have a chance to be a top 5 runningback tandem (just need the Oline to open a few holes this season)
1. Carolina- Williams, Stewart
2. Texans- Foster, Tate
3. Vikings- Peterson, Gerhart
4. Chiefs- Charles, Hillis
5. Giants- AB, Wilson

other notables
Bears- Forte, Bush
Saints- Sproles, Ingram
49ers- Gore, Jacobs
Cowboys- Murray, jone

As for carries, I expect it to be just about 50/50...Wilson is wayyyy to talented not get touches, rookie or not

giantsfan420
08-25-2012, 04:15 PM
no way do the vikings have a talented TANDEM. AllDay is awesome. gerhart aint

juice33s
08-25-2012, 04:27 PM
no way do the vikings have a talented TANDEM. AllDay is awesome. gerhart aint
lol, he avg 5 ypc last season helping the Vikings become the 4th best running team in the NFL lasts season...The guys an old school workhorse.

Also i guess you missed his college career where he was a unanimous all-american, doak walker, jim brown archie griffin winner, national offensive player of the year and led the country in rushing....but yeah, I guess he's not that talented.

At the combine he also ran the 40 in 4.47 at 6' 230 lbs

jomo
08-25-2012, 04:34 PM
I would probably always respond "situational." A great OC is in a perpetual chess match with the other team's DC. That requires an element of surprise and always involves identifying mismatches. They may finish the season 50/50 overall but from game to game, it could be all over the place. It also makes us that much tougher to scout. Loving this!!

Rod-Diggity
08-25-2012, 04:45 PM
I think some of you are overreacting to this wilson situation just a bit bradshaw is and should be our guy still, he shouldn't be splitting carries with anyone. Don't get me wrong wilson is explosive and I love the kid, but this is the 1st season we're gonna see bradshaw fully healthy as far as his legs are concerned feet and all. I mean look at what he's done on broken ankles and screws in his feet. I think ab has a monster season this yr imo plus as quiet as kept or unnoticed he's an asset in the receiving game as well plus no one picks up the blitz better. So lets lets use wilson when bradshaw gets tired to keep him fresh. I'm hoping we use wilson like N.O. Uses sproles he just seems perfect for that roll and would make this offense that much more potent.

Eliscruzzz
08-25-2012, 04:56 PM
ppl are forgetting how quick bradshaw has looked himself. if anything, wilson is gonna push bradshaw to play his best. bshaw knows first hand how good wilsons gonna be and bshaw strikes me as a very prideful guy...our run game is gonna be good this year. both backs create their own lanes...++++++++++++++1

mercurio
08-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I just hope Bradshaw is saving himself for the regular season. Otherwise, he belongs near the bottom of the list of RBs. Wilson is faster, more elusive and has adapted to the NFL style of running. The coaches have done a great job with him.

Toadofsteel
08-25-2012, 05:46 PM
I just hope Bradshaw is saving himself for the regular season. Otherwise, he belongs near the bottom of the list of RBs. Wilson is faster, more elusive and has adapted to the NFL style of running. The coaches have done a great job with him.

I think he is. That hand "injury" against the Jets I think was just an excuse to get him off the field... we know what he can do, we just want to see how our backups work...

wideright91
08-25-2012, 06:50 PM
I've been hearing the Wilson / Sproles comparison since draft day, and I think it's both inept and inaccurate. Yes, they're both smaller, versatile backs with game-changing speed. Wilson, though, is a much more powerful and elusive back, capable of yards after contact. He's got the talent to become an every-down, inside / outside runner, whereas Sproles seems to be a situational complement capable of thriving in a short passing / spread offense, exclusively. Not to overreact to a quarter of preseason play, but I really do think Wilson going to be a star in the NFL, eclipsing Bradshaw & every other back in his draft class. Mark it down!

BParcells777
08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Bradshaw looked a bit uneasy on the sideline last night.......I hope he does not overdo it and injure himself or fumble trying to keep up with Wilson

jomo
08-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Wilson can be the guy who extends AB's career by a year or two by lightening the load this year. 50/50 sounds nice to me.

juice33s
08-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Bradshaw looked a bit uneasy on the sideline last night.......I hope he does not overdo it and injure himself or fumble trying to keep up with Wilson
Actually I don't think anyone looked more genuinely happy about Wilson'splay then AB

derekunion28
08-25-2012, 10:25 PM
who ever is playing better ride his back

seawolf47
08-26-2012, 12:46 AM
WAY too early to even think along these lines. Wilson had a nice night against the bears with the 1's and should be applauded for it. He has a ton of work to do obviously but as a first round choice you certainly hope the potential is there.
He is small, and he runs very tough though he counts far too much on instincts at this point. Great speed though and nice hands, he will earn every bit as much time in the backfield as he can.

TheShouldersOf
08-26-2012, 02:25 AM
ppl are forgetting how quick bradshaw has looked himself. if anything, wilson is gonna push bradshaw to play his best. bshaw knows first hand how good wilsons gonna be and bshaw strikes me as a very prideful guy...our run game is gonna be good this year. both backs create their own lanes...

Injuries has taken it's toll on Bradshaw, and it's been evident, lets see if he can stay healthy,

should be 50/50 and as the season progresses 70/30 wilson