PDA

View Full Version : Barden Crow Line is Now Open, Eat up Frog-of-Foil

pacco_diablo
08-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I really dont like being this way because I'm not that type of person but I really want a few posters to choke on their words. Yea, Barden had a good game. Am I going to crown him? No. However, not only do I believe that he's good enough to make the team, I also believe that he is good enough to contribute. Once he maintains true confidence, I believe that he could be a force. The ball is still in his hands and I hope that he stays hungry. I'm personally not surprised about his play last night, just happy to see it play out.

Now my true reason for this post... Why would I want a few of you to choke? It's not because we do not agree. It's the way that you go about it. To call professionals "terrible" shows a complete lack of respect. It completely discredits what many of the staff, scouts and coaches do. I gave up on the boards a long time ago because of "terrible" posters who sit back, piss and moan like they could do better. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted by a few posters here. Show some freakin' respect.

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-25-2012, 06:22 PM
One preseason game with 3 catches vs 3 years of no production.

primetime
08-25-2012, 06:23 PM
You sound very angry, just cause some posters have been hard on players doesn't mean they don't want them to succeed. I'm happy for Barden for what he did last night, and I want to see more of it.

rainierjef
08-25-2012, 06:24 PM
name them, don't beat around the bush. if you want a response call them out; everyone is going to sit back and say well... i don't want to be wrong so i won't say anything. i am a poster that stands firm in my belief that Bennett needs to show me something in the regular season consistently for me to change the negative views i have of him, not self made up but from what i've heard or read by other professionals that worked with him. and i will gladly eat my crow if he does, so my charge to you is call out the possums don't let them play dead if you feel barden has shown you enough to be a contributing factor t this team cause i guarantee you this if they cut barden in a week i assure you those same posters your talking about will.... Will resurface this thread and mock you.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 06:24 PM
At any level of sports some is is "TERRIBLE". And Barden has been that particular guy for us since Moss left. Everyone on here has their own opinion and that is the biggest reason we have a forum. I wont dog you about YOUR post, but I will say that I disagree with your assessment of other peoples opinions. I am sure you are not the saint you proclaim to be and I am sure you have said even in conversation that someone on the Giants sucks. BTW maybe you should go back into retirement from these boards.:p

nhpgiantsfan
08-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes! As usual Barden continues to produce when the games don't count.

TheEnigma
08-25-2012, 06:26 PM
ITT: Someone who is upset at people who will correctly criticize underwhelming players that rarely show up.

Barden had a nice game last night against a Pro Bowl CB in Tillman but I think I can speak for a good amount of people when I say that we want to see this kind of consistency game to game. Not "I'll have 50 yards tonight and then do nothing the next month". It's a wait and see process.

nycsportzfan
08-25-2012, 06:27 PM
wow, even as barden's biggest supporter for yrs now, who finally gave up on em this yr, this is alittle much.. This isn't a praise every giant board.. Its a place to disguss what we think about the team, good and bad, and disguess how we can get better and what players we think will make a impact and what players we think were mistakes getting..

All i can say is grow a pair if u don't like people saying how they truly feel about a player, both good and bad..

Rat_bastich
08-25-2012, 06:34 PM
What's it like way up there? And, as said before by a few in this thread he's done pretty decent in preseason(s)...now he just needs to take it into the season...which he has not as of yet.

Rod-Diggity
08-25-2012, 06:44 PM
lets wait till he does something in a meaningfull game plz... If he can make carr or claiborne(not really tho still a rook) look like tillman last night then I might a be lil impressed until then lets keep it in the cage plz

Sarcasman
08-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I really dont like being this way because I'm not that type of person but I really want a few posters to choke on their words. I gave up on the boards a long time ago because of "terrible" posters who sit back, piss and moan like they could do better. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted by a few posters here. Show some freakin' respect.

I can't tell you how thrilled we are to have you back.

Giants5699
08-25-2012, 07:22 PM
We haven't had a WR with Barden's talents since Anthony Mix!

YATittle1962
08-25-2012, 07:30 PM
I really dont like being this way because I'm not that type of person but I really want a few posters to choke on their words. Yea, Barden had a good game. Am I going to crown him? No. However, not only do I believe that he's good enough to make the team, I also believe that he is good enough to contribute. Once he maintains true confidence, I believe that he could be a force. The ball is still in his hands and I hope that he stays hungry. I'm personally not surprised about his play last night, just happy to see it play out.

Now my true reason for this post... Why would I want a few of you to choke? It's not because we do not agree. It's the way that you go about it. To call professionals "terrible" shows a complete lack of respect. It completely discredits what many of the staff, scouts and coaches do. I gave up on the boards a long time ago because of "terrible" posters who sit back, piss and moan like they could do better. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted by a few posters here. Show some freakin' respect.

very respectful tone there

...anyway....2 slants...1 skinny post....and a PI

I thought Raymond Berry was wearing 13 last night.........watch out Megatron

fansince69
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
very respectful tone there

...anyway....2 slants...1 skinny post....and a PI

I thought Raymond Berry was wearing 13 last night.........watch out Megatron

In preseason no less......woo hoo

RagTime Blue
08-25-2012, 07:38 PM
I still don't care if we cut him. But it would be so great if he actually played consistently like last night. Would be a great addition to the team!!

rainierjef
08-25-2012, 07:51 PM
In preseason no less......woo hoo

while i understand what your saying, and i am neutral on this matter. he did do that against 1's its not like it was the back ups give him some credit he play okay last night. is it enough to retain a roster spot we have to wait and see.

Marvelousmik
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM

Preseason is serious business on here

fansince69
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
while i understand what your saying, and i am neutral on this matter. he did do that against 1's its not like it was the back ups give him some credit he play okay last night. is it enough to retain a roster spot we have to wait and see.

Honestly...I have been a Barden supporter for last couple years on here......I firmly stand behind the belief of giving a guy a chance to develop.....If Barden survives this cut I will root for him....but to be honest if it comes down to Barden Jernigan and Douglass...I vote Jernigan and let Barden and Douglass fight it out....Barden has had his chance...Jernigan deserves his.....Douglass...I reserve judgement...had a nice game last night......some on here are making it sound better than it was.......He is the only one eligible for ps....

On other hand...we don't know who might get hurt and land on ir

ShakeandBake
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Bumping this thread in aniticipation that the OP will have to eat this crow down the stretch at some point

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Bumping this thread in aniticipation that the OP will have to eat this crow down the stretch at some pointHe went back into retirement after getting bombshelled!

ELI_Iz_God
08-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Just curious. To those people who are doubting/judging Barden..what happens if he starts playing well and contributing? Some people will see it as you don't have the right to all of a sudden start cheering him on as it kinda makes you look like a fence hopper. This is not my view point....but I know for a fact this is how some people feel reading all the posts..probably the OP's feelings as well.

As for me I'm just waiting for Sept 5 and Romo gets turned into a stain on the turf. That is all.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Just curious. To those people who are doubting/judging Barden..what happens if he starts playing well and contributing? Some people will see it as you don't have the right to all of a sudden start cheering him on as it kinda makes you look like a fence hopper. This is not my view point....but I know for a fact this is how some people feel reading all the posts..probably the OP's feelings as well.

As for me I'm just waiting for Sept 5 and Romo gets turned into a stain on the turf. That is all.Im not a fence hopper just cause I cheer a guy on my Giants team. The upper echelon of the Gmen staff get paid big bucks to see what I am unable to see otherwise barden would have been gone last year. I trust them but what my eyes see is after this many years he needs to go! I will just support what hand is dealt to me and if it stinks than I will make a stink on here cause thats the only place I can make a stink.

Mod_C
08-25-2012, 08:37 PM
name them, don't beat around the bush. if you want a response call them out; everyone is going to sit back and say well... i don't want to be wrong so i won't say anything. i am a poster that stands firm in my belief that Bennett needs to show me something in the regular season consistently for me to change the negative views i have of him, not self made up but from what i've heard or read by other professionals that worked with him. and i will gladly eat my crow if he does, so my charge to you is call out the possums don't let them play dead if you feel barden has shown you enough to be a contributing factor t this team cause i guarantee you this if they cut barden in a week i assure you those same posters your talking about will.... Will resurface this thread and mock you.

I suspect you know "calling out" other posters is a violation of the TOS. A healthy, informed debate can be had without making it personal

Mod_C
08-25-2012, 08:41 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You, me, and everyone else who chooses to post here. Here's the fix for your angst. You have an ignore list onto which you can put every poster you'd like to "choke." If you make this personal and start attacking posters it won't end well.

pacco_diablo
08-25-2012, 08:49 PM
He went back into retirement after getting bombshelled!

Hahahaa Pleeassse! Bombshelled on a message board. lol. Life is over... The place where people sit behind their computer and say everything they wouldnt say to the face of the person that they are talking about. I'm scarred for life... I doubt that very few people on any message board would have the guts to tell Barden or any other professional athlete that they are "terrible" to their face. That's the point of this thread. It's not even about Barden. It's the lack of respect that he has gotten. The bigger picture... the lack of respect that people on message boards have in general.

I'm far from a saint, but apparently what separates me from the masses is the respect that I will show, until you've shown that you are not capable of giving it. Then, I can be as evil as the next and gladly return the favor. I actually enjoy a good fight, especially if it's justified.

People will always have their own opinions. People will disagree. That's expected and debating is healthy. That is not the point. But show some respect or expect none in return.

It's great to be back! I think I'll stick around for a while.

myles2424
08-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol some of you people are delusional.....people need to start eating their words because Barden had a decent game Wich was preseason?

tonyt830
08-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I will not sugar coat how I feel about any of our players performance, or lack therof. Barden is no different. I know its only preseason, and Barden did have some positive moments last night. Now whether it carries over to this week, and into the regular season(if he survives final cuts), we will just have to wait and see. This is Barden's 4th season with the Giants, and honestly, we as fans, have not seen too many positives from him to really get too excited just yet. I know some fans were high on him, especially with him being 6'6 and a potential redzone threat.

I hope the best for him, but he is going to have to show more consistency.

And when it comes to questioning someone being a fan or fence hopping, is just plain silly. We as fans want to see all of our players do well. But not every draft pick pans out, and we as fans have the right to cheer for or boo whomever we want.

tonyt830
08-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Hahahaa Pleeassse! Bombshelled on a message board. lol. Life is over... The place where people sit behind their computer and say everything they wouldnt say to the face of the person that they are talking about. I'm scarred for life... I doubt that very few people on any message board would have the guts to tell Barden or any other professional athlete that they are "terrible" to their face. That's the point of this thread. It's not even about Barden. It's the lack of respect that he has gotten. The bigger picture... the lack of respect that people on message boards have in general.

I'm far from a saint, but apparently what separates me from the masses is the respect that I will show, until you've shown that you are not capable of giving it. Then, I can be as evil as the next and gladly return the favor. I actually enjoy a good fight, especially if it's justified.

People will always have their own opinions. People will disagree. That's expected and debating is healthy. That is not the point. But show some respect or expect none in return.

It's great to be back! I think I'll stick around for a while.I can respect what Barden or any other athlete has done to get to the professional level in their respective sports. I mean its extremely hard to make it to the pros in any sport. It does not matter if you were the top performer in little league/popwarner, all state in high school or a top tier player in college. Its not a given that you will make it to the pros, and even if you do, what are the odds that you can have an all-pro type career?

So even if Barden has not put up the big numbers yet, I tip my hat to him for making it to the NFL. I'm sure he put in a lot of hard work and dedication to get here to this level. But maybe he's not going to have that stellar career, it does not make him a bad person, nor does that mean I respect him any less.

Oh and as for your comment regarding that most of us not having the guts or nerve to tell a player to their face that they are terrible, is just silly. I mean whats going to happen if we did say it to any athletes face? Are they going to take a swing at us or make a scene? I would say not.

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Hey, this sure sounds like a friendly place - if "terrible" is a dirty word...

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 09:28 PM

It's great to be back! I think I'll stick around for a while.Trust me, I coached football and baseball for over 10 years and I WOULD tell Barden or any other player to their faces that they need to buck up or go on their way! I have done this to many players on my teams and have done it with great results, if they dont heed the warning they are gone period! I have respected our coaching staff on Barden up until now and 1 preseason game with a few catches does not constitute a spot on the NY Giants. As far as Im concerned, Barden has mooched off this team for too long now.
I do not sit behind my computer acting like I am a tough guy, I would gladly have this discussion with you or whomever would like to be present. But since we are probably many,many miles apart this is what we have. So get off your thrown of graciousness and accept that people do not have to respect an athlete that made it to the bigtime, when they cannot produce in the BIGTIME!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I will not sugar coat how I feel about any of our players performance, or lack therof. Barden is no different. I know its only preseason, and Barden did have some positive moments last night. Now whether it carries over to this week, and into the regular season(if he survives final cuts), we will just have to wait and see. This is Barden's 4th season with the Giants, and honestly, we as fans, have not seen too many positives from him to really get too excited just yet. I know some fans were high on him, especially with him being 6'6 and a potential redzone threat.

I hope the best for him, but he is going to have to show more consistency.

And when it comes to questioning someone being a fan or fence hopping, is just plain silly. We as fans want to see all of our players do well. But not every draft pick pans out, and we as fans have the right to cheer for or boo whomever we want.Well said sir!

OX1
08-25-2012, 09:35 PM

It's great to be back! I think I'll stick around for a while.

1. I said to cut him last week. Up until the last game he has been pretty "terrible".
2. Thank god for the internet, so I can say what I want without caring about
some whiner getting butthurt every 2 minutes.
3. I'll rip or praise any player, every 30 seconds, if they deserve either one.
If that is flip-flopping, get used to hearing a lot more of it.

Welcome back...........

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
1. I said to cut him last week. Up until the last game he has been pretty "terrible".
2. Thank god for the internet, so i can say what i want without caring about
some whiner getting butthurt every 2 minutes.
3. I'll rip or praise any player, every 30 seconds, if they deserve either one.
If that is flip-flopping, get used to hearing a lot more of it.

Welcome back...........doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamondring
08-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Barden's problem is staying healthy. A player has to stay healthy or at least able to play for long periods of time. He is unable to do that but the Giants had a place for him cause there was no player who was capable to do good things on the field. We know that last year we had MM as the third guy and I believe that the 4th guy was Barden but the Giants didn't really need him.

I was one of the posters who said we should let Barden go so if he keeps on playing well, then I will love eat crow. Yet he has to be able to play well in the regular season not just preseason.

berya
08-25-2012, 09:44 PM
I must say some time last season or before last season started I thought there was like a 90-95% chance this guy will be out of the league in like two years or something (he might still be). However after yesterday I will be very very surprised if he is cut. Dude looked like a player yesterday.

pacco_diablo
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
It was a build up of comments that led up to the explosion. "Terrible" was just the icing on the cake. The word by itself isnt bad, it was everything that led up to it. Yea, I snapped. I've been called out for being sensitive on a few occasions, in person.

I can't help it. I live and am willing to die by the code of respect. I often defend others, especially in real life. I'm 100% and expecting everyone else to be the same way is not an expectation that I should put much stock into.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:54 PM
It was a build up of comments that led up to the explosion. "Terrible" was just the icing on the cake. The word by itself isnt bad, it was everything that led up to it. Yea, I snapped. I've been called out for being sensitive on a few occasions, in person.

I can't help it. I live and am willing to die by the code of respect. I often defend others, especially in real life. I'm 100% and expecting everyone else to be the same way is not an expectation that I should put much stock into.

Think of it from another perspective. Barden scored his first touchdown in 3 years last night. Now that's a cause for momentary celebration, for sure. But the hype with which he came here, and that's not his fault, he's been a disappointment. Has that changed? Has he saved his roster spot? We'll know next week.

pacco_diablo
08-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Think of it from another perspective. Barden scored his first touchdown in 3 years last night. Now that's a cause for momentary celebration, for sure. But the hype with which he came here, and that's not his fault, he's been a disappointment. Has that changed? Has he saved his roster spot? We'll know next week.

Fair enough... Your guess is as good as mine as to whether he makes it or not. I think we all want the same result in the end, that being a team assembled of the best talent possible for a repeat of the title.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 10:05 PM

I can't help it. I live and am willing to die by the code of respect. I often defend others, especially in real life. I'm 100% and expecting everyone else to be the same way is not an expectation that I should put much stock into.Its all good, you have a FORUM to vent your frustrations on. BTW, you dont just post 1 sentence replies and that shows respect to whom you are replying to. I have been in your shoes for other players over the years even though it states my join date as just last year, I had an acct prior that just disappeared. Anyways, this Giants Message Board is a place we can rejoice, cry,moan and groan or just get it all out on and I appreciate you saying what you said. Welcome Back pacco_diablo!

FlyingTruck
08-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Sir. Are you ******ed?

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Sir. Are you ******ed?Me?............

pacco_diablo
08-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Its all good, you have a FORUM to vent your frustrations on. BTW, you dont just post 1 sentence replies and that shows respect to whom you are replying to. I have been in your shoes for other players over the years even though it states my join date as just last year, I had an acct prior that just disappeared. Anyways, this Giants Message Board is a place we can rejoice, cry,moan and groan or just get it all out on and I appreciate you saying what you said. Welcome Back pacco_diablo!

I appreciate it. Seriously. I just need to calm down sometimes. Ive been wrong many times and will be again. I'll admit it... I didnt completely believe in Eli until last year, and I was one of the few who thought that Ron Dayne didn't get a fair shake. I couldnt have been more wrong. Thanks again and nice tat!

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I was one of the few who thought that Ron Dayne didn't get a fair shake.

Oh, he got more than a fair shake - a big long piss on a reliable running game, and then three or four shakes after...

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I appreciate it. Seriously. I just need to calm down sometimes. Ive been wrong many times and will be again. I'll admit it... I didnt completely believe in Eli until last year, and I was one of the few who thought that Ron Dayne didn't get a fair shake. I couldnt have been more wrong. Thanks again and nice tat!Thanks for the comment on my tat, I actually have to update the photo, with my new ink after we won the last SB, Stay Tuned! This is like the "CHEERS" from the 80's show.

Razur
08-25-2012, 10:44 PM

Dude ..don't start serving anything up just yet...he had ONE....ONE good game ...one good PRE-SEASON game....easy bucko...way off on your assesment about his production and contribution.

stormblue
08-26-2012, 03:48 AM
as usual ....he does just enough in preseason to keep his job and waste a roster spot.
i would rather have douglas ....he is a better receiver and a good returner.

Ballllinnnnnnn
08-26-2012, 05:00 AM
wait till ol' toothpick legs barden gets hurt. guy is NOT durable. i hope he doesnt, but hes been hurt already this year.

rcrane
08-26-2012, 05:10 AM
lets wait till he does something in a meaningfull game plz... If he can make carr or claiborne(not really tho still a rook) look like tillman last night then I might a be lil impressed until then lets keep it in the cage plz

Not that i think barden is proven or anything like that, but wasnt he playing well in that one cowboys game in 2010 before he got hurt in said game? The boards were prolly ringing about barden before his injury that day (for a half hour at least).Maybe im wrong, but didnt the kid have 2 of his 3 years disrupted by injury? The kid has a solid game, as he had done in that cowboys game, and has earned his right to another year, and another chance. being 6'6" has its benefits. That being said, i agree with the OP, that citing sinorice moss constantly is ridiculous. Sinorice may have been the 5th or 6th best receiver we had all of those years, and had earned his right to stick around. Sometimes waiting on a guy doesnt work out, sometimes it does. Doesn't make the decision to have him around a bad one.

G.I. Ants
08-26-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm late responding, but that was a lot of crow I had to eat yesterday.

Die-Hard
08-26-2012, 08:04 AM
As a 3rd round pick, I think we all have somewhat of a right to be critical of him. When you take a player that high, and move up 6 spots to get him(and they lost a 5th to move up if I'm not mistaken) it's not unreasonable to expect a little bit of actual production. One good pre-season game is hardly worthy of praise of his career overall. They've gotten nothing in return for their time/investment. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the cut this year

bigjeep
08-26-2012, 08:26 AM

We are football Giant fans. We pay their salaries one way or another, so we can say what we want about the players!

M00KIE
08-26-2012, 08:47 AM
This thread is just plain goofy.

giantyankee1976
08-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry but it was a pre-season game...if he avoids the Cut and actually performs to that level during the regular season?

at Season's end this Thread would be appropriate

GameTime
08-26-2012, 12:05 PM

no way I eat crow after one good preseaon game......he still has a lot more to show before I eat any crow. Glad he had a good game finally....

Joe Morrison
08-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Yes it was a preseason game, against the Bears 1st D, and against a guy who's been to the pro bowl like 3 times, so I think we got a look at what he's capable of adding to the offense.

middlecountrygiantsfan
08-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes it was a preseason game, against the Bears 1st D, and against a guy who's been to the pro bowl like 3 times, so I think we got a look at what he's capable of adding to the offense.

We have been looking . . . for three years.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
no way I eat crow after one good preseaon game......he still has a lot more to show before I eat any crow. Glad he had a good game finally....

It's what happens in the regular season that is going to make or break Barden.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 12:35 PM

I'm not sure his capabilities were ever an issue, his production over three years was the issue. Has he finally made it to the NFL? We'll soon see.

GameTime
08-26-2012, 12:48 PM
It's what happens in the regular season that is going to make or break Barden.
no doubt....I was saying he wouldnt even make it to the reg season as a Giants WR. Seems he will.....

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
no doubt....I was saying he wouldnt even make it to the reg season as a Giants WR. Seems he will.....

Probably, but his cotract has another year to go and I think that's always been the case. His recent heroics may well be short lived

brad
08-26-2012, 12:59 PM
I will echo what a lot of others have said, this thread is a bit premature! We saw what Barden is capable of, but that only proves what most already knew, he has potential. However, that can be said for just about any player in the NFL, you don't get to that level without being very good. It isn't potential that matters, it's realizing that potential, when it counts. Barden has shown it in pre-season, but until he shows it in a regular season game he has proven nothing. I would like nothing more than to come on here in week 10 and say, you are absolutely correct, he is a beast... I don't root against any player, but I also don't want an unmotivated player taking up a roster spot when someone else could come in and produce.

GameTime
08-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Probably, but his cotract has another year to go and I think that's always been the case. His recent heroics may well be short lived
As much as I have been a Barden doubter I sincerly hope he become legit. That would be awesome......

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 01:16 PM
the way TC has always talked about barden needing to get out on the field (when he was hurt) and practice, compounded with TC's recent praise and Eli's recent praise where they both singles out Barden, leads me to believe that they saw the talent there, they were just frustrated in waiting for it to show itself. I seriously doubt they cut Barden, and I expect to see him used more and more, even with a healthy WR unit. I'm happy about that bc I've supported Barden day 1, and he was really frustrating me as well. It'd just be such a difficult dimension to defend on top of all the other threats we have...I'm all for making the offense unstoppable and a contributing, confident Barden does help.

G.I. Ants
08-26-2012, 01:54 PM
A confident Barden is a great thing, especially the way he outplayed all-pro Charles Tillman. He shined brightest in the most important preseason game making the most out of the reps given.

RoanokeFan
08-26-2012, 02:00 PM
As much as I have been a Barden doubter I sincerly hope he become legit. That would be awesome......

We all hope that's the case.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 02:01 PM
A confident Barden is a great thing, especially the way he outplayed all-pro Charles Tillman. He shined brightest in the most important preseason game making the most out of the reps given.

The most important preseason game?what?

giantsfan420
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
fansince69- the 3rd preseason game is the most important one of the 4. the starters play the most, and the game is treated as a reg season game. i think thats what he means, that barden had a great performance in the preseason game that is most like a real game.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 02:08 PM
fansince69- the 3rd preseason game is the most important one of the 4. the starters play the most, and the game is treated as a reg season game. i think thats what he means, that barden had a great performance in the preseason game that is most like a real game.

It may be the closest to a real game because the starters play the longest....but preseason games are all equal to a coaching staff trying to decide who stays and who goes?I just do not see how one game is more important than another.......preseason is preseason.....even Coughlin said that they were on a schedule and that is why Wilson got time with the 1s............I am sure there are others whose playing time was predetermined

Sarcasman
08-26-2012, 02:10 PM

Nor want to for that matter; there appears not to be any shortage of hypersensitive narcissists in the world. Now if only self righteousness and respect were synonymous we might really have something...........

TheShouldersOf
08-26-2012, 02:28 PM
One preseason game with 3 catches vs 3 years of no production.

Indeed, Indeed

he had a good game, played well, but will it be consistent?

i believe Barden is like Ware, the Coaches like him and therefor believe he will be a big contribution,

though, we don't want to oversell his performance, he should have been doing this the past four years, aside from his injuries

rainierjef
08-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I suspect you know "calling out" other posters is a violation of the TOS. A healthy, informed debate can be had without making it personal
without malicious intent i meant
people call out each other on here to embrace debate over something that was said. i am merely saying if your making a vague statement about phantom people that said something you don't like about a player why make the statement at all. it can only be calling someone out to praise what they said calling them out to counter argue something they said in a different thread or post is what debate is and freedom of speech.

NorwoodBlue
08-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Saying Barden has "arrrived" after three catches in pre-season is collossal stretch. It reminds me of everyone saying how Ojomo should be beating out everybody with the possible exception of Lindval. This is pre-season, and all of the emrgence of Barden happened in about a quarter of football. To say everyone should be back peddling and praising the greatness of Ramses Barden is stupid. Let him produce over the course of a season, and maybe we'll be able to say he's arrived. There's a pretty good chance he doesn't even show up for the fourth pre-season game, that's been his MO so far: flashes of good play followed by a huge void where nothing is seen from him. He probably secured his roster spot against Chicago; but, he's far from being a productive player yet.

fansince69
08-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Saying Barden has "arrrived" after three catches in pre-season is collossal stretch. It reminds me of everyone saying how Ojomo should be beating out everybody with the possible exception of Lindval. This is pre-season, and all of the emrgence of Barden happened in about a quarter of football. To say everyone should be back peddling and praising the greatness of Ramses Barden is stupid. Let him produce over the course of a season, and maybe we'll be able to say he's arrived. There's a pretty good chance he doesn't even show up for the fourth pre-season game, that's been his MO so far: flashes of good play followed by a huge void where nothing is seen from him. He probably secured his roster spot against Chicago; but, he's far from being a productive player yet.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts

Tmurda1984
08-26-2012, 10:28 PM
The original poster should just delete his user account, turn off his tv and not even look at the newspaper. This is a message board and we can post our opinions as Giant fans if we wanted too. We are not getting paid like those ESPN and NFL so called analysis, so this is how we deeply feel and we want the best for our franchise. Barden hasnt done anything in 3 years and you want me to eat crow....lets see him do it in a meaningful game, which he probably won't because he would start over Nicks, Cruz and be lucky if Hixon or Randle doesnt beat him out.