PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to jinx the Giants but.........

BParcells777
08-25-2012, 08:47 PM
as a 40 year Giant fan, I cannot remember EVER having this much of a talent pool going into the season

Everyone says the Eagles have the most talent in the NFC East

Its not even close............we are farrrrrrrrrrr more talented than the Eagles

Their wee little QB cannot make it through a series without sustaining injury

Flip Empty
08-25-2012, 08:53 PM
They should just ditch Vick and hand Foles the keys.

tonyt830
08-25-2012, 09:08 PM
They should just ditch Vick and hand Foles the keys.I think Foles could be their QB of the future. But heck, its just preseason, we will see how he looks when he is given the proverbial keys.

jomo
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
We are loaded but loaded doesn't win Super Bowls. We have a lot of work to do. Go Blue!!

miked1958
08-25-2012, 10:55 PM
I think Foles could be their QB of the future. But heck, its just preseason, we will see how he looks when he is given the proverbial keys.I was telling that to a friend of mine who's an eagles fan this morning.

titwio
08-25-2012, 11:11 PM
I agree the Giants have a wave of talent but wouldn't it be even nicer if they could stay healthy...

The depth would look a lot better if guys like T2, Prince, Hosley, Austin, Canty, Boley, Beatty were actually participating.

BuffyBlueII
We have a lot of work to do.

Go Big Blue!

jimmie ray
I was telling that to a friend of mine who's an eagles fan this morning.

Ah, Benedict Arnold's last words, too!

FBomb
08-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I was telling that to a friend of mine who's an eagles fan this morning.

I don't know how those 2 words can be in the same sentence!! I have numerous Cowboy fan friends and no Eagles fan freinds. Every Eagle fan I know is a bitter, angry ****** nozzle.

ELI_Iz_God
08-26-2012, 01:19 AM
I don't know how those 2 words can be in the same sentence!! I have numerous Cowboy fan friends and no Eagles fan freinds. Every Eagle fan I know is a bitter, angry ****** nozzle.

I didn't think it was possible Eagles fans to have friends....doesn't their fan base hate each other as well?

FBomb
08-26-2012, 01:23 AM
I didn't think it was possible Eagles fans to have friends....doesn't their fan base hate each other as well?

lol...they're like Orcs. If there is no one else to kill they will turn on each other!!

rcrane
08-26-2012, 05:30 AM
I agree the Giants have a wave of talent but wouldn't it be even nicer if they could stay healthy...

The depth would look a lot better if guys like T2, Prince, Hosley, Austin, Canty, Boley, Beatty were actually participating.

This, when healthy, we can compete with or be the best in the league, but we need to be healthy when playoffs roll around. That being said, we have a great team, cant wait for the season to start.

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 09:13 PM
We started off weak last year......but I do expect a win tomorrow.
The key is our pass rush.....if they somehow figure it out we will have a tough game on our hands

BParcells777
09-12-2012, 10:36 AM
I've lowered my estimation of this team 50% based upon that debacle last week

GameTime
09-12-2012, 10:42 AM
as a 40 year Giant fan, I cannot remember EVER having this much of a talent pool going into the season

Its not even close............we are farrrrrrrrrrr more talented than the Eagles

all teams have talent...
its heart, desire,preparation, and proper execution on the players and coaching staff that makes success.....

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 11:00 AM
yeah yeah talent shmalent. Look at the Raiders the past 7 years; Good amount of talent, awful results.

Giantterp
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I've been a fan for 30+ years and I am not sure if I agree...There's lots of talent at DL QB and WR. Not seeing the talent at CB, LB, OL and RB and LB are average to slightly above average.

Not sure if is see the balance that the 80's teams had..Only real weakness of those teams was maybe WR...

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I've lowered my estimation of this team 50% based upon that debacle last weekThe Talent is still there. However we dont have the Talent in one of the most IMPORTANT Positions on the field. Eagles have us on this one and it could make the difference overall. Our OLINE is just Terrible. There were times when Eli took the snap and the Defender was in his back pocket or right in his face has he recieved the ball out of the shotgun. cant do much but throw it away or take a sack in that situation. thats where DJ Ware came in handy giving eli and extra few seconds. it was the intangibles that DJ was good at. Doesnt matter how much talent we have on offense. AB, Wilson, Scott, Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson, Nicks, Cruz, Hixon, Barden, JJ, RR, Hynoski all are USELESS unless this Line can RUN block and PASS protect.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Also to blame were the Refs how didnt call anything after 5yards and let their secondary and LBs maul our guys all day. However that goes both ways, if they were not calling anything why not slow up Dez and Olgetree..

also in the defense of our Defense LOL... Our guys on the DLine were not only getting held, they were getting tackled. But again, if they are not going to call it then you should be doing the same thing. If our OLINE guys paid attention during the game they would have seen that with all the NO CALLS on JPP, Tuck OSi and the rest that they could go out there and try the same tactics. Do it until they start flagging you for it. Common Sense

bigjeep
09-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm a fan of 50+ years and with todays hard cap and Free Agency, it gets harder and harder to stay on top for any length of time. Only the teams with a very skilled organization manage to stay at or near the top. You win the SB and key players go to the highest bidder or the cap gets you.

BParcells777
03-04-2013, 07:29 PM
We HAD the talent........the talent only wanted to play a few high profile games and folded like a cheap suit when the year started to draw to a close

you have to blame that on Tommy Coughlin.......he should have managed the talent better

Sosynciere
03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm not so sure we have the most talent in the division. At least not CLEARLY.

We have the best QB maybe. I think so but an argument can be made for any of the QBs in our division. We have the best wide receivers, maybe. I think so but the Eagles have a solid core in Jackson and Maclin also as well as the Cowboys. The defensive lines are also comparable, especially since we've lost Osi. O-line of ours is still a work in progress. And we clearly don't have the best linebackers, while if healthy, the secondary is still a debate too.

I'm not seeing a clear separation here at all.

Flip Empty
03-04-2013, 08:12 PM
you have to blame that on Tommy Coughlin.......he should have managed the talent better
Or maybe you jinxed them.

G-Men Surg.
03-04-2013, 08:43 PM

There is no jinx and there's not going to be one with Reese at the helm. And that bro is priceless !

JJC7301
03-04-2013, 11:42 PM
I think that the '80s Giants teams were more talented. This era may have the more talented O, but the '80s D was much more talented and DOMINANT. And so was the o-line of the '80s.

Today's D looks shot and in serious need of a makeover. Same with the o-line.

BParcells777
03-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I think that the '80s Giants teams were more talented. This era may have the more talented O, but the '80s D was much more talented and DOMINANT. And so was the o-line of the '80s.

Today's D looks shot and in serious need of a makeover. Same with the o-line.

Maybe.......Maybe we just had the traditional "We won the SB and we dont care" season

StrahanSoup92
03-05-2013, 04:26 AM

The Giants are swarming with talent, I couldnt agree more. Reese has done a phenominal job up to this point. This is a good football team. With a few tweaks and hopefully some changes in schemes, I think this defense can dramatically improve from last year.