PDA

View Full Version : Question

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Good evening all, how was everyone's day? So I'm reading everyone's opinions on who should and shouldn't make the team, and I have to ask....what happens to the players who don't make it?

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Good evening all, how was everyone's day? So I'm reading everyone's opinions on who should and shouldn't make the team, and I have to ask....what happens to the players who don't make it?

Some will get picked up by others teams, many will end up on the practice squad of the team that cut them. The rest....try again next year or just sit by the phone and wait for an injury to someone.

Flip Empty
08-25-2012, 09:28 PM
They go and join the professional tiddlywinks league in Canada.

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Some will get picked up by others teams, many will end up on the practice squad of the team that cut them. The rest....try again next year or just sit by the phone and wait for an injury to someone.So the ones who end up on the practice squad...do they get paid at all for that?

Also, you said the rest can try out next year...does that mean any random person who's not in college can just try out for the NFL?

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
They go and join the professional tiddlywinks league in Canada.

Mucho better than joining the wiggly twinks in Mexico.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:37 PM
So the ones who end up on the practice squad...do they get paid at all for that?

Also, you said the rest can try out next year...does that mean any random person who's not in college can just try out for the NFL?

The practice squads are limited to, I believe, 8 players and yes, they are paid by their team.

"Try out" may be a misnomer. Usually, teams call former players after someone has been injured to fill the roster spot. An interesting aspect on this is say a safety is injured the team might bring in an offensive tackle. It all depends on what the depth chart looks like and what the teams needs are at the time of the roster spot opening up.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Mucho better than joining the wiggly twinks in Mexico.

Unless you're fluent in Spanish

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Unless you're fluent in Spanish

Sacre bleu!

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Sacre bleu!

Dios mio....

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Some will end up playing for the Canadian Football League or arena leagues. For many, it's a harsh reality that they need to find another way to support themselves.

RoanokeFan
08-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Some will end up playing for the Canadian Football League or arena leagues. For many, it's a harsh reality that they need to find another way to support themselves.

Very true, welcome to Wal-Mart

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Les Miserables?

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Some will end up playing for the Canadian Football League or arena leagues. For many, it's a harsh reality that they need to find another way to support themselves.I was thinking the same thing, I can't imagine how much that must suck for those who had huge NFL dreams, but didn't make it. Anyway, someone was explaining to me that Cruz wasn't among the drafted. Is that true? If so, wow, what happened? Because he's a gem!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 10:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I can't imagine how much that must suck for those who had huge NFL dreams, but didn't make it. Anyway, someone was explaining to me that Cruz wasn't among the drafted. Is that true? If so, wow, what happened? Because he's a gem!REALLY? Please do some internet research prior to asking questions. That is all I have to say about that.

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 10:46 PM
REALLY? Please do some internet research prior to asking questions. That is all I have to say about that.

I don't do any internet research before anything I say - hope that's not going to be a problem, here?

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't do any internet research before anything I say - hope that's not going to be a problem, here?OH yeah, thats a problem.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 10:48 PM
i don't do any internet research before anything i say - hope that's not going to be a problem, here?lmao...........

jimmie ray
08-25-2012, 10:50 PM
OH yeah, thats a problem.

So if you were the professor, every kid who plagerized the internet for their work would get an "A+"?

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 10:53 PM
REALLY? Please do some internet research prior to asking questions. That is all I have to say about that.Doing that very thing right now Fifty, thanx for the awesome advice! Say, I have an idea, why don't we all pm Fifty with any question any of us have about anything football related ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, and if he thinks they are legit enough, he will then grant us permission to post them here on the boards. Sound good to everyone?

bELIeve_in_Giants
08-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Seems to me it's better to ignore a question that you don't think should be asked. I think it's fun to answer questions for new football fans. I certainly need help understanding the x's and o's.

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Seems to me it's better to ignore a question that you don't think should be asked. I think it's fun to answer questions for new football fans. I certainly need help understanding the x's and o's. You sir receive an A plus grade ;)

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Doing that very thing right now Fifty, thanx for the awesome advice! Say, I have an idea, why don't we all pm Fifty with any question any of us have about anything football related ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, and if he thinks they are legit enough, he will then grant us permission to post them here on the boards. Sound good to everyone?You and your posts will forever float in eternity!

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Seems to me it's better to ignore a question that you don't think should be asked. I think it's fun to answer questions for new football fans. I certainly need help understanding the x's and o's.From what I've learned so far, many people seem to believe it all started cuz he came from a college that was not a football powerhouse. Hope something like this doesn't happen to my daughter.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Doing that very thing right now Fifty, thanx for the awesome advice! Say, I have an idea, why don't we all pm Fifty with any question any of us have about anything football related ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, and if he thinks they are legit enough, he will then grant us permission to post them here on the boards. Sound good to everyone?BTW my inbox is empty as is yours! COME ON MAN!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
From what I've learned so far, many people seem to believe it all started cuz he came from a college that was not a football powerhouse. Hope something like this doesn't happen to my daughter.Lets sign her daughter now! She could make a great center.

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 11:13 PM
BTW my inbox is empty as is yours! COME ON MAN!!!!Not at all surprised your inbox is empty

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Lets sign her daughter now! She could make a great center.She plays basketball and I just meant that I hope she's not judged by where she's from the way Cruz was. But I always say, if there was girls football I would SO push her to play, cuz she would be a beast!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Not at all surprised your inbox is emptySo......Your idea FAILED....Not surprised.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:25 PM
She plays basketball and I just meant that I hope she's not judged by where she's from the way Cruz was. But I always say, if there was girls football I would SO push her to play, cuz she would be a beast!It really is surprising that your inbox is empty, since you stated what you are in your 1st post. Good Luck anyways. You were fun for a bit but now I've grown tired of you.

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 11:29 PM
So......Your idea FAILED....Not surprised.No my idea didn't fail, it's just that no one gives a rats a** whether or not you think a question is viable enough for the boards. Who are you to judge? The only dumb question is an unasked question. I love the GMEN, and if I have a question I'll ask. Your screen goes up and down like everyone else's. You don't like what you see, keep scrolling and get on with your life.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:38 PM
No my idea didn't fail, it's just that no one gives a rats a** whether or not you think a question is viable enough for the boards. Who are you to judge? The only dumb question is an unasked question. I love the GMEN, and if I have a question I'll ask. Your screen goes up and down like everyone else's. You don't like what you see, keep scrolling and get on with your life.Dont get mad cause you dont have a clue and came in here acting like a bubbly blonde. You think cause you are a female(supposedly) that you should get preferential treatment with your "Good Morning and Good Evening" threads. That is SPAM and everything that spews from your keyboard is all about how the sun is shining and how you eat a GIANTS omelette. NOBODY CARES! Ask a pertinent question and even I will respond in kind.

TheEnigma
08-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Cat fight looooooool

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Cat fight loooooooolYour too funny, we arent sure who this IT is. I believe that IT is a troll acting like a giggly teen ager but in reality it is probably just a dude on here with a separate identity on here dreaming of fitting in.

seawolf47
08-25-2012, 11:47 PM
So the ones who end up on the practice squad...do they get paid at all for that?

Practice squad players are paid full time employees of the team they sign with.

Any random person can indeed try out for an NFL team, but to do so "randomly" is impossible. open tryouts do not occur. One would have to get the attention of an agent or scout, or an associate of one who has the ability to get them to pay attention and watch someone. Hundreds of audition tapes and videos are sent to each team every year by people wishing to be granted an audition. The chance to get such an audition without having played in college is almost nill. Every once in a while someone can buy their way into a college's "pro day" where scouts and agents watch hundreds of kids from regional college programs, but again, it almost never happens.

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Dont get mad cause you dont have a clue and came in here acting like a bubbly blonde. You think cause you are a female(supposedly) that you should get preferential treatment with your "Good Morning and Good Evening" threads. That is SPAM and everything that spews from your keyboard is all about how the sun is shining and how you eat a GIANTS omelette. NOBODY CARES! Ask a pertinent question and even I will respond in kind.Spam? Wow, what a reach! I now realize you just don't know any better, so it's all good. Still luv you most. How could I not? ;)

Laurah1275
08-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Practice squad players are paid full time employees of the team they sign with.

Any random person can indeed try out for an NFL team, but to do so "randomly" is impossible. open tryouts do not occur. One would have to get the attention of an agent or scout, or an associate of one who has the ability to get them to pay attention and watch someone. Hundreds of audition tapes and videos are sent to each team every year by people wishing to be granted an audition. The chance to get such an audition without having played in college is almost nill. Every once in a while someone can buy their way into a college's "pro day" where scouts and agents watch hundreds of kids from regional college programs, but again, it almost never happens.Thanx so much for the info seawolf, posts like yours are very helpful. Good stuff to know ;)

appodictic
08-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Spam? Wow, what a reach! I now realize you just don't know any better, so it's all good. Still luv you most. How could I not? ;) Yea lighten up. Its a message board for giants fans. It is not like every single thing on the board has not be asked or said 1000 times or is common knowledge to someone else. Every time barden makes a catch 4 threads open up about it, and every time eli has a pick. Its all spam or its not.

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Yea lighten up. Its a message board for giants fans. It is not like every single thing on the board has not be asked or said 1000 times or is common knowledge to someone else. Every time barden makes a catch 4 threads open up about it, and every time eli has a pick. Its all spam or its not.Truth is we dont know if "IT" is even a Giants fan or just taking up our time. Doesnt matter, I will just ignore the TROLL from here on out. "IT" is just trying to make this a dating website and I dont have time for this crap anyways on a football forum.

FBomb
08-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Hmm......wow.

Laurah1275
08-26-2012, 06:08 AM
It really is surprising that your inbox is empty, since you stated what you are in your 1st post. Good Luck anyways. You were fun for a bit but now I've grown tired of you.Very poor analogy of myself on my part, since you seem to be taking it WAY too literally.

Laurah1275
08-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Truth is we dont know if "IT" is even a Giants fan or just taking up our time. Doesnt matter, I will just ignore the TROLL from here on out. "IT" is just trying to make this a dating website and I dont have time for this crap anyways on a football forum.Such hostility. Awww, c'mon Fifty, don't be like that ;) Let's nurture our passion for NYG together and watch it grow into a beautiful thing ;)